Start by marking “All She Wrote (Holmes & Moriarity, #2)” as Want to Read:
All She Wrote (Holmes & Moriarity, #2)

All She Wrote (Holmes & Moriarity #2)

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  3,571 Ratings  ·  364 Reviews
Giving screwball mystery a whole deadly new meaning.

A murderous fall down icy stairs is nearly the death of Anna Hitchcock, the much-beloved American Agatha Christie and Christopher Holmes's former mentor. Anna's plea for him to host her annual winter writing retreat touches all Kit's sore spots: traveling, teaching writing classes, and separation from his new lover, J.X.
Published December 28th 2010 by Samhain Publishing

Baba
Oct 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: josh-lanyon
4 stars. Review completed October 20, 2014

photo oie_kqyxO1NuySOd_zps0vr0srmb.gif

photo oie_lKhulMKuaTpZ_zps3da882b0.png

Christopher (Kit) Holmes receives a cry for help from his former mentor Anna Hitchcock, also known as the American Agatha Christie. Anna's phone call comes in quite handy because Kit has a hard time dealing with the budding romance between him and fellow author J.X. Moriarity. It's been three months since their scary adventure at the Blue Heron Lodge and he's more than ready to take a break. But...wait. Taking a break from what exactly? J.X. isn't the ty
Ingela
Written August 12, 2014

4.3 Stars - Subtle, witty, ironic, and so damn charming...and our hero is irresistible

Book #2

Woot, I like this kind of stories. These seven hours passed quickly. Once again, nicely done with a good mystery plot. And remain calm; it was much more like a romance with smexy heat this time.

***********************************************

I was surprisingly pleased about #1 - Somebody Killed His Editor (4.5 stars), the first in this Holmes & Moriarity series.
It was a
Loederkoningin
What keeps J.X. coming back for more was more of a mystery to me than the plot of All She Wrote.

It's not hard to grasp that J.X. is from the same mold as Jake from the Adrien English mysteries, which makes it all the more frustrating that he remains one-dimensional. And worse, 2 books into this series and I'm still unsure what exactly he sees in Kit? The latter is whiny and obnoxious in a way that is caricaturesque rather than your typical human being with charming quirks and flaws. Where Jake
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)

Okay, it's Josh Lanyon, so for me 3-stars is about where I fall with all her books.

I *liked* this one... sort of. It grew on me over time, as did the first in the series. I'm not a big fan of mysteries, but I liked it. It kept me on my toes.

I know I keep reading Lanyon though I'm not particularly a fan, but I spend my own money on them and I keep hoping for more 4 and 5 star reads. This one wasn't quite there, but I think it was still money well spent.
Jenni Lea
Jul 12, 2015 rated it really liked it

So, I still loved this but not as much as I loved the first book in the series. The writing was smart and the mystery was good but I was missing some of the witty banter and snark that was in the first one. This one focuses a lot more on the relationship between Kit and J.X., which is still a bit volatile but not nearly as much as in book one. Still, I highly recommend this and will be reading book three post haste.
Ula'ndi Hart
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Ula'ndi by: Simone
Well Hell!!! What was that??????

Simone you evil woman! You done changed a“not-so-big-lover-of-mystery” reader into a Lanyon fan!!!

I can’t even say anything at this moment. Review to follow. WOW…just…yeah. Brilliant

Overall book rating: 4.5
Audio Book: Kevin R. Free: 4.5
Book Cover: 2

In keeping with the theme of my previous review we’ll stick with to drunken dancing I think.

Let me just say this : I really had a ball with this one. It had more!! More JX, More Christopher in depth and more ENDING
Simone
Dec 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
***4.5 ❤***

Still a favorite and I really loved the audioversion!
Deeze
I had high hopes for this second book in the series, and I’m happy to report this not only lived up to expectations but exceeded them.

The murder mystery was all I expected from Josh Lanyon. I was guessing and second guessing all the way. I admit at the end I was a little concerned that the ending was not going to work, but I really should have had more faith, the ending turned out to be perfect lol.

My main reason for loving this book so much though is J.X. He has become my dream man lol. He is
Breann
A ridiculously entertaining whodunit story.

Kit finds himself in the middle of another murder investigation. (This is a Lanyon story, after all) His long time mentor, Anna, is convinced someone is trying to murder her and asks Kit to come to her aide. ‘Cause asking a mystery writer to help in a murder investigation makes total sense, right? J.X. in not too happy about their weekend together being canceled due to this and they decide to break it off. Now we have a newly single Kit running off to t
R * A Reader Obsessed *
4 Stars

I’ll be honest. I didn’t cozy up to Christopher immediately in Somebody Killed His Editor. However, this time around I was fully engaged and appreciated his insecurities, his self deprecating humor, and his warring desires between trying to build something with his renewed lover JX or to call it quits due to his fatalistic expectations.

Somehow Christopher finds himself embroiled in the dramatic life of his long time mentor, Anna Hitchcock, who asks him to covertly discover who might be tr
Christina
Apr 24, 2015 rated it it was ok
This was a bit of a letdown. The mystery was predictable and not as fun as the first one. There was some progression in Holmes coming to terms with his break-up with David and his own personal hang-ups, but not enough for my liking. He still comes off as too insecure and petulant. Plus, I'm not completely convinced with J.X.'s feelings for Holmes. (view spoiler) ...more
Shelley
4.5 Stars

Yup, I was right. The Holmes and Moriarity series has the clout to surpass Adrien English for sure. Now don’t choke when I say this: It’s no longer just the romance arc that compels and captivates me – it’s the whole whodunit thing too!

I find myself thoroughly engrossed in the mystery and the whole process of deduction and elimination to the point where I was making side notes. Pfft …not that it did me any good in figuring out who the murderer was. I’m such a doofus, honestly, I think i
Ilhem
Nov 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: josh-lanyon, m-m, mystery, fun

We find Kit and JX in another intrigue involving writers, when Kit is called to the rescue of an old friend.

I liked JX's successful attempts to make Kit come out of his shell and smiled fondly at Kit's inner antics. His biggest quality is his lucidity and it allowed him to grow up in this story.

I was captivated by the mystery and what I found truly interesting was how Kit's character development and the intrigue worked as opposite mirrors.

I can't wait to see him in another mystery!
Anna
I cannot begin to tell you how much I loved this book. This is one of those times when I wish Goodreads would let us rate a book 6 stars, because this one would definitely deserve that extra star. All the wrote is now one of my top 3 favourite Josh Lanyon books. This book also reminded me just why Lanyon is my all time favourite M/M authors; that woman is a genius. She can write amazing mysteries and such realistic and strong characters. I have always liked that about her books.

I honestly wasn'
Meags
4 Stars

I may be a total newbie when it comes to the works of Josh Lanyon, but I can already appreciate the impressiveness of the writing itself.

When comparing this to the first story (Somebody Killed His Editor) I think I preferred this one for the relationship development, but preferred the first one for the mystery component.

Although, this may not be Lanyon's most loved series - give me time, I'm settling myself in before meeting Adrien and Jake - I'm still enjoying the heck out of the dynam
Gina
Oct 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a charming, funny, more romance than mystery installment in this series. I could tell from early on who done it, but didn't much matter. I thoroughly enjoyed this book.
Ami
Nov 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
Christopher "Kit" Holmes has been summoned by his old mentor to replace her in an amateur writers retreat. When Kit gets there, however, his mentor tells him that the real reason behind her request is to ask Kit to find who is responsible for the threat of her life. At first, Kit is a bit reluctant but after he is involved in a car accident and then a real dead body turns up, Kit wonders if the threats are real after all. Helping Kit is his gorgeous lover, J.X. who might not share the same view ...more
Susan
Sep 22, 2015 rated it liked it

AUDIOBOOK SERIES REVIEW HERE: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
Ije the Devourer of Books
Feb 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Excellent!!

I think this is actually my favourite JL. I enjoyed this more than book one in this series and surprisingly I enjoyed it more than the AE series.

In this story we really see Kit's snarky and vulnerable side. He nearly loses JX but an incident brings them back together and they try to find out who is making attempts on the life of Kit's former mentor.

As well as a juicy mystery we also get to see JX and Kit as their relationship develops and the trust between them grows. JX becomes more
MLE
Mar 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, lendle
I really enjoyed this book, and I am glad to see this series keeps getting better. I felt like I got a better understanding of Christopher in this book, and the fears and insecurities that are hampering his realtionship with J.X. I like J.X even more in this book, and it was nice to see him comfortable and in control, without being overbearing or controlling. The plot was great, and I enjoyed all the twists and turns the mystery took. The resolution was well done, and I can't wait to read the th ...more
Dreamer
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another excellent m/m murder mystery with the dashing J.X. Moriarity flying in to rescue Christopher Holmes (Kit) from the consequences of his sleuthing. Some gorgeous love scenes in this.

'He smiled. Smiled right into my eyes with such unguarded warmth and affection that I felt winded. I couldn't remember the last time anyone had looked at me like that - anyone who wasn't J.X.
"Oh, it's you," I said, as though I'd only now noticed him curled around me.'
Tully Vincent
Mar 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
4.25 stars. Enjoyed this one more than book one by quite a wide margin. Was so annoyed with Kit at the beginning and worried that JX wouldn't appear for a while, but once he did... I was a happy camper. Kit is growing on me (and his internal dialogue sometimes cracks me up) and JX is perfect... so glad to see their relationship progressing.
Wendy
Really enjoyed this one...eventhough Christopher got on my nerves more than once. I understood were was coming from...but damn..stop the whining already ! J.X. Was lovely ;) I was also glad that that there was a bit more steam in this one. I liked the mystery and suspence, but I was a bit more invested in the romance part. I think book 1 was a bit funnier.

On to the last one :)
Lenore
2.5 stars rounded up.

Eh. It was okay. It's a Lanyon all right (and I have this soft spot for JX, though he shouldn't be giving Kit The Tool™ the time of day) but it lacked ... spirit. It's as if Lanyon was striving for mediocrity, and then merely achieved it.
Emanuela ~plastic duck~
My first impression is that the mystery was really good. Maybe the author was distracting me all the time with Kit and JX's relationship, but I didn't get a clue about who was guilty until when Kit himself started to realize it, and I wasn't even sure then. The setting was beautiful. I enjoyed the writing class at the beginning, it was really a way to bring out the secondary characters. I also liked that everyone had a shady past, something to hide or something that could make them suspects. The ...more
Anne-Marie
Jan 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I officially fell in love with these two mid-way through this book. I'm hook, line and sinker for Kit and JX.

I love that this story gives so much more depth to these two characters, especially to Kit, and it makes me very eager to see where the next book will take them. Kit's reluctance and fear to start a new relationship after the betrayal in his previous relationship is palpable and makes it all the more moving when he begins to surrender and submit to JX in way that he never has before. The
Therese
Oct 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
*4.5*

Oh, how I love Kit and his insecurities:-).
This book started out a bit slow for me, since it is a bit heavier on the mystery part than romance. However, once J.X was back in the picture, it totally turned around for me. Or maybe it was enjoyable even before he turned up, now when I think about it. The reason why? Poppy Seed of course! What a fun character (although driving skills are a bit lacking)!
I loved her, she and Kit would have wonderful children together…She had the best lines thro
Wendy F
Nov 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, josh-lanyon, 2016
Another really awesome fun read!

Back with Homes and Moriarty review #2!

Okay, so the cover… I suppose I think it’s a step up from the first books cover, but only one step. For me, it’s still a little too cheesy but then I’m not a huge fan of the whole typical romance cover of half naked people, then add to that that I don’t think either of those guys up there looks anything like Holmes or Moriarity! It is a little bit better this time around, though.

Anyway, I digress…

I’m addicted. Obsessed. I rar
Nerea
Nov 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-mystery
I usually love Josh Lanyon mystery novels and this one was not an exception :)! 3.75*

This one continues the book 1 just only a few weeks in between. BUT the things between Kit and JX are not in their best moment... Kit Holmes characters is hilarious and cute BUT omg hes VERY VERY insecure and totally broke my heart how he push again the good in his life because he thinks he didnt deserve it!! :(

About the case, I enjoyed more the first book. This one has some good surprises but some predictable m
Irina
I really wanted to like this series, and I did to some extent, but I don't think it's my favorite of JL. Perhaps, the last instalment will recuparate the sparkle that I've come to associate with his works. For me, the problem lay in Kit. I just couldn't connect to his personality. It felt like for all the moaning about his age, Kit actually seemed less mature than JX (whom I liked a lot, by the way). Still, for those familiar with this great author, it would be a treat regardless. It's Josh Lany ...more
  • GhosTV (PsyCop, #6)
  • Breaking Cover (Life Lessons, #2)
  • Trust Me If You Dare (Romano and Albright, #2)
  • Like Pizza and Beer (Dino Martini Mysteries, #2)
  • Pressure Head (The Plumber's Mate #1)
  • Mexican Heat (Crimes & Cocktails, #1)
  • The Salisbury Key
  • L.A. Boneyard (L.A., #3)
  • Divide & Conquer (Cut & Run, #4)
  • His For The Holidays
  • The Elegant Corpse
  • Second You Sin (Kevin Connor Mystery #2)
  • Spin Out (Deputy Joe, #2)
  • Deadly Wrong (Deadly Mystery, #2)
Bestselling author of over sixty titles of classic Male/Male fiction featuring twisty mystery, kickass adventure and unapologetic man-on-man romance, JOSH LANYON has been called "arguably the single most influential voice in m/m romance today." Granted, that was yesterday.

Today Josh's work has been translated into nine languages. The FBI thriller Fair Game was the first male/male title to be publi
More about Josh Lanyon

Holmes & Moriarity (4 books)
  • Somebody Killed His Editor (Holmes & Moriarity, #1)
  • The Boy with the Painful Tattoo (Holmes & Moriarity, #3)
  • In Other Words...Murder  (Holmes & Moriarity, #4)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• The Bricklayer (Steve Vail, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Among the Wicked (Kate Burkholder #8)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Snow Garden
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Almost Dead (Lizzy Gardner #5)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Frost (Dewberry Farm Mysteries, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Remains of Innocence (Joanna Brady, #16)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Finding Claire Fletcher (Claire Fletcher, #1)
  • Outfoxed
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Huntress Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #1)
  • What the Dead Know
    $8.74 $2.99
  • Ragdoll (Detective William Fawkes #1)
  • Zeroes
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Last Witness (C.J. Townsend Thriller)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dead Weight (Lizzy Gardner #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood)
    $5.99 $0.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Eye for an Eye (Dewey Andreas, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Short Drop (Gibson Vaughn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • You Only Live Twice (James Bond, #12)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Thunderball (James Bond, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Casino Royale (James Bond, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • For Your Eyes Only (James Bond, #8)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Live and Let Die (James Bond, #2)
  • Dr. No
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Moonraker (James Bond, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Diamonds are Forever (James Bond)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Spy Who Loved Me (James Bond, #10)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • From Russia With Love (James Bond, #5)
  • The Blinds
  • Little Boy Lost
  • Blonde Faith
  • Flush
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Deadly Business
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Private Justice (Newpointe 911, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Cutting Room (C.J. Townsend Thriller Book 3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • First to Kill (Nathan McBride, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • In the Barren Ground
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blood Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Lie In Wait (Canaan Crime #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Legacy
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Fierce Radiance
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Her Final Breath (Tracy Crosswhite, #2)
  • The Taxidermist's Daughter
    $7.74 $1.99
  • Depraved Heart (Kay Scarpetta, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Standing in Another Man's Grave (Inspector Rebus, #18)
  • One Moment
    $9.99 $1.99
  • In the Clearing (Tracy Crosswhite, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Cop Hater (87th Precinct, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Jekyll Revelation
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Book of Beloved
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
  • Afterlife
  • The Vines
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Obsessed (Lizzy Gardner #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • River's Edge (Cape Refuge Series, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Pedigree To Die For (A Melanie Travis Mystery Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
  • Tell the Truth, Shame the Devil
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Beyond Reach (Grant County, #6)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Kane and Abel (Kane and Abel, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Bone Music (Burning Girl, #1)
  • In the Blue Hour
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cold Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #3)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • Stirred (Jacqueline "Jack" Daniels #8)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Raven Black (Shetland Island, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Trapped Girl (Tracy Crosswhite, #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Neon Lawyer (Brigham Theodore, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Coyote Waits (Navajo Mysteries, #10)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Sinister Pig (Navajo Mysteries, #16)
    $9.74 $1.99
  • The Kept Woman (Will Trent #8)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Snowblind (Dark Iceland #1)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bitter Medicine (V.I. Warshawski, #4)
    $8.49 $1.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
“Not as intolerable as being dead, in my opinion, but I'm very fond of me. I would miss me a lot.” 23 likes
“Anyone who wasn't half-stoned on pain meds would have instantly realized what a really bad idea this plan was, but since that didn't include me, I didn't worry about it.” 17 likes