Start by marking “Smashing CSS: Professional Techniques for Modern Layout” as Want to Read:
Smashing CSS: Professional Techniques for Modern Layout

Smashing CSS: Professional Techniques for Modern Layout

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  106 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
PROFESSIONAL TECHNIQUES FOR MODERN LAYOUT Smashing CSS takes you well beyond the basics, covering not only the finer points of layout and effects, but introduces you to the future with HTML5 and CSS3. Very few in the industry can show you the ins and outs of CSS like Eric Meyer and inside Smashing CSS Eric provides techniques that are thorough, utterly useful, and universa ...more
Published November 23rd 2010 by John Wiley & Sons (first published October 29th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Smashing CSS, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Smashing CSS

Dale
Mar 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Multi-column layout with css is hard. About 5 years ago there was a flurry of activity to find robust ways of doing two- and three-column layout, resulting in a number of canonical techniques, and Meyer was one of the large contributors to that effort. This book covers those techniques in detail, and that section alone is worth the price of the book.

Meyer has for many years been consistently at the front of the pack in devising and writing about techniques of (what was long ago called) dynamic h
Carl Macki
Jul 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
A master of CSS, Eric Meyer is artlessly skillful in his steps towards explaining the intricacies of the topics covered. I loved the section on multi-column layouts as I have found them hard to do in HTML and CSS.

This book covers with ease some of the most difficult techniques in CSS. It may not be the most advanced, the latest; but for what it covers it is impossible to beat.
Dhuaine
Nov 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tech
The best practical overview of CSS I've found so far. It doesn't spend ages on the basics, but provides just the right toolkit to start making your CSS more bulletproof. I especially liked the section about bug fixes.
Sardonyx
Apr 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
A great read if you already have a bit of a grasp of CSS. It points out some things that you might have missed as well as some good tricks to deal with cross browser compatibility. A book that I'd definitely like to own a copy of!
Robert McDiarmid
Oct 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Eric Meyer's latest missive on all things CSS and the must-have tools for successful use and design using HTML5 and CSS3. I learnd from the ground up on Meyer's books; and I am huge fan.
Luca Salvini
Feb 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
It's a good book and there's a lot of stuff in it.
It's just not as advanced as I expected.
Hoped for something more from Mr. Meyer.
Peter Labrow
Feb 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
When it comes to CSS, there are few people who know as much as Eric Meyer. And me - but I learned most of what I know from Eric Meyer! Essential reading for all website developers.
Alana
  • Even Faster Web Sites
  • Designing Web Navigation
  • Designing With Web Standards

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »

Eric A. Meyer has been working with the Web since late 1993 and is an internationally recognized expert on the subjects of HTML and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS). He is the principal consultant for Complex Spiral Consulting and lives in Cleveland, Ohio, which is a much nicer city than you've been led to believe. A graduate of and former Webmaster for Case Western Reserve University and an alumnus o