Start by marking “All Good Things...” as Want to Read:
All Good Things...

All Good Things...

(Star Trek: The Next Generation)

Captain Picard travels back and forth among his past, present, and future as he and the crew of the Enterprise fight to prevent the destruction of the human race.
Published 1994 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about All Good Things..., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All Good Things...

Myke Edwards
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As I write this, Easter was just three weeks ago. For some reason, this particular Easter, a particular memory of another particular Easter sprang to mind. I don't know why, but I had a good laugh with my dear old mom about it.
So. It's Saturday night, April 15th, 1995. Easter Eve. My parents and I went out for the evening, like we so often did. I was a freshman in high school, not wanting to be out with Mom and Dad, but I knew that not only would we go to dinner at a restaurant (probably Applebe
Daniel Kukwa
Feb 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: star-trek
A solid, efficient, smooth adaptation of the final TNG story, worthy of "Doctor Who" master Terrance Dicks. However, it's not as successful as Michael Jan Friedman's previous novelization of "Relics". There he comes up with a unique sub-plot based on a minor walk-on character in the episode. Here he does add some extra colour, but with such a rich script he could have gone to town with even greater enthusiasm. The best bits are the book-ends with Q's thoughts, but a number of other additions jus ...more
Matty Lapointe-Smith
Apr 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Fun read! A little clunky when adding a scene here or there that felt like it was from an earlier draft of the script but still one of the best episodes of sci-fi tv ever.

I did have a moment though in the future where the anomaly at first didn't exist but then 6 hours later did. If it's anti-time and growing as time goes backwards, it doesn't make sense that it was created and then started growing as time progressed vs. created and then growing as time went back even within the same time period.
Michael
Jul 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek, audiobooks
This book is based on the series finale of "Star Trek: The Next Generation", I listen to this as an audio-book by Jonathan Frakes (Commander Riker). This was one of my favorite episodes of TNG and I loved it as an audio-book, I would highly recommend it to anyone.
Rob
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I always love any Q Episodes, Picard thinks he is crazy until things start coming together, and a great ending destroying more Enterprises in one episode than Kirk was able to do in almost all of his movies put together. This was a Good Read.
Samuel Kay
This a alright read
Katerina
A true classic with an ending that has to be one of the best I've ever read AND watched. It is the true ending of Star Trek. Fuck the movies and everything they stand for.
John Barclay
Oct 11, 2017 rated it liked it
A good time travel story with an increasingly maddened Picard working out the paradoxes of his situation. Unfortunately it's a Q story.
Evelyn
Sep 23, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 / 4
Henry Jones
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a pretty good adaptation to the series finale.
Robert Kelly
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Did not do the audio. Read the hard cover. The last show was so good I needed to read this to relive it.
Crystal
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: star-trek
A very simple read, but very entertaining. I relived the entire story in my head as it was shown on the show.
Dale
Jul 08, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Published by Simon & Schuster Audio in 1994
Read by Jonathan Frakes
Duration: 2 hours, 55 minutes.
Abridged
Based on a script by Ronald D. Moore and Brannon Braga

All Good Things... is an abridged audiobook presentation of the novelization of the two hour series finale of Star Trek: The Next Generation . There is a lot of room there for errors to be made. Will the reader interpret the material well? Is the abridgment done well? Is the novelization of the script done well? That's a lot of steps
Joey
Mar 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
This was a very good adaptation of the final episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation. Admittedly, it had some strong source material to work with, but the details and descriptions it added, especially in the scenes that take place between the action, really fleshed the story out. Considering how much of a visual spectacle the original episode was I was surprised that it translated so well to book form, though part of that may be me bringing memories of those visual cues with me into it. Either ...more
Ken
Jan 15, 2011 rated it liked it
Other than some vignettes that show us what other characters — Wesley Crusher, Dr. Pulaski, Lwaxanna Troi, Reginald Barclay — were doing during this episode, the novelization of "All Good Things…" doesn't add much to the television series. But it does handle the constant time-shifting eloquently, and it reminded me how long it's been since I've seen the show — far too many details seemed new to me.
Vincent Darlage
The best part was Jonathan Frake's Picard voice. The worst part was his Worf voice. The plot had the same difficulties that the episode had - yet another adventure most of the crew didn't remember, a plot where Q not only gave Picard the answer, but caused the problem to begin with. If Q hadn't meddled by giving Picard the power to travel time in the first place, the crisis wouldn't have happened.
⚜️Trea
This book was a novelization of the final episode of the Next Generation television series. It is not that different from the actual television episode, but it does showcase some characters not actually mentioned in the episode. I really liked seeing those "extra scenes"! However, I was hoping for more than just a re-hash of the actual episode, and thus was slightly bored throughout it. For fans of the series, it is a good read every now and again, but nothing truly special.
Marcello Gorla
Devo dire che leggere il libro di questo episodio mi ha messo una certa allegria e amarezza allo stesso tempo. Si colgono tanti particolari che sullo schermo non vedi, proprio perch�� ti ci puoi soffermare e perch�� li puoi gustare in modo diverso.
Riflessioni, battute, analogie, mi sono entrate dentro in un certo senso.
E in inglese ha veramente un sapore.
Nicolas
Jan 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
This novelization added more depth and context to an already great story. It was particularly nice to see some familiar characters cameo: Barclay, Pulaski, Wesley, and others.

Listen in to hear about some of my favorite novelizations: https://soundcloud.com/allthebooks/ep...
Karsyn
In honor of 50 years of Star Trek, the last episode of TNG. :) Jonathan Frakes did well on audio, when he tried, he sounded a lot like Worf and some like Picard. He couldn't do a Geordi at all, but he did a spot on Riker. LMAO!!
Robyn
Oct 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing
A truly decent novelization of a really great series finale (great in that it ends the chapter, but allows for further exploration). I got this when I was a kid and read it over and over. I hope to dig that battered paperback out of a box and reread it again.
Corey
May 15, 2009 rated it really liked it
With all the history nerdery and political wonkery I've been indulging in recently, I forgot that I was a huge Scifi nerd first! Someone really should have reminded me. This is a novelization of the series finale of TNG. I thought the episode could have been better, but it was still pretty epic.
Michelle
May 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
It was really interesting to read these wonderful characters rather than watch them but can't say it was the most thrilling read of my life. The story was brilliant and I won't spoil it by giving away the specifics but for me it lacked a little life.
Stacey Schmidt
Very well written
Phorapheedroll
May 06, 2009 rated it really liked it
the audiobook is great, jonathan frakes is the reader
Daya Alexander
Sep 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Won't list all the star trek trade paperbacks here but this one is special if only for that it offers a conclusion of sorts. Edge of your seat good I thought.
Lugosifan
May 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
While I did read this too early (I'm barely starting the 4th season of TNG), I still thoroughly enjoyed the experience of reading this novel. :)
Samuel
May 02, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jonathan Frakes earily imitates everyone in the cast.
Ding
Mar 10, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: paper, ebook
Ich habe das Buch vor etlichen Jahren schon mal auf deutsch gelesen. Leider bin ich nach dem Wiederlesen etwas enttäuscht, ich hatte es besser in Erinnerung.

• Dark Mirror
  • Metamorphosis (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
  • Descent (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
  • Unification (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
  • Contamination (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #16)
  • I, Q
  • First Contact (Star Trek: TNG: Movie Novelizations #2)
  • Into the Nebula (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #36)
  • The Devil's Heart
  • Perchance to Dream
  • Q-Squared
  • Sarek
  • Q-Strike (Star Trek: The Next Generation #49; The Q Continuum, #3)
  • Grounded (Star Trek: The Next Generation #25)
  • The Soldiers of Fear (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #41; Invasion, #2)
  • Foreign Foes (Star Trek: The Next Generation #31)
  • Guises of the Mind (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #27)
  • Here There Be Dragons (Star Trek: The Next Generation #28)
Michael Jan Friedman is an author of more than seventy books of fiction and nonfiction, half of which are in the Star Trek universe. Eleven of his titles have appeared on the New York Times Best Seller list. Friedman has also written for network and cable television and radio, and scripted nearly 200 comic books, including his original DC superhero series, the Darkstars.

Star Trek: The Next Generation (1 - 10 of 104 books)
  • Encounter at Farpoint (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
  • Ghost Ship (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #1)
  • The Peacekeepers (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #2)
  • The Children of Hamlin (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #3)
  • Survivors (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #4)
  • Strike Zone (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #5)
  • Power Hungry
  • Masks (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #7)
  • The Captains' Honor (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #8)
  • A Call to Darkness (Star Trek: The Next Generation #9)
“Q: The Continuum didn't think you had it in you, Jean-Luc. But I knew you did...We wanted to see if you had the ability to expand your mind and your horizons. And for one brief moment, you did.

Picard: When I realized the paradox.

Q: Exactly. For that one fraction of a second, you were open to options you had never considered. That is the exploration that awaits you. Not mapping stars and studying nebula, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence.”
15 likes