Start by marking “Xombies: Apocalypticon (Xombies, #2)” as Want to Read:
Xombies: Apocalypticon (Xombies, #2)

Xombies: Apocalypticon

(Xombies #2)

Survivors of a cataclysmic zombie-making plague leave a temporary safety of a refitted nuclear sub to scavenge for food and supplies on land. But they soon find themselves facing new terrors on the surface and mutiny below.
Mass Market Paperback, 320 pages
Published February 23rd 2010 by Ace (first published January 19th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Xombies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Xombies

Wendy
Feb 24, 2010 rated it it was ok
I have to say that I was disappointed in this book. Having recently read the prequel I suppose that I was expecting the story to continue from where it left off, with Lulu and the other survivors struggling to find the cure for Agent X. But for me this book was all over the place. Lulu and her 'boys' were featured very little in the plot and really seemed like more of an after thought. There really was not any one character who stood out, with the exception of Sal Deluca.
The timeline kept bounc
Leandro Jimenez
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cubre otros puntos de vista de la historia del primer libro, complementa la historia. Sigue con las narraciones de los supervivientes que logran mantenerte expectante y realmente interesado. Los protagonistas viven los sucesos apocalípticos enfrentando como siempre no solo a engendros sin "vida" sino también a una humanidad corrupta y en decadencia. Sin narraciones tediosas o desenfoques de la trama principal.
Matthew Furman
May 31, 2019 rated it it was ok
Sometimes ramping up the absurdity works in a sequel. This was not one of those times.
Amy Webster-Bo
Apr 05, 2018 rated it liked it
the first book was better
Jason Bradley Thompson
Oct 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The perfect sequel to one of the best zombies novels ever. Mere weeks after a sudden global outburst that turns people into fast-moving blue zombies -- UNKILLABLE, blast-them-into-still-squirming-goo zombies, no less! -- a few survivors roam the oceans in a military submarine, seeking the scientist who apparently caused the whole disaster, in the hopes of finding a cure.

Without repeating my review of the first Xombies book too much, this is a fast-paced, apocalyptic science fiction novel with a
William M.
Sep 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
“Xombies: Apocalypticon” is author Walter Greatshell’s followup to his acclaimed Berkley novel, “Xombies”, also retitled “Xombies: Apocalypse Blues”, under the re-release by Ace. Personally, I like the original title and especially the original cover a lot better, but marketing departments have the final say in the end, right or wrong. The original printing also has some slight text differences in a character’s accent used in dialogue.

In this second story, Greatshell continues with the same char
Chester Dean
El primer libro fue narrado por Lulú, en ésta continuación, la narración es en tercera persona y brinca de una historia a otra tan abruptamente que perdí el hilo más de una vez. La historia está más centrada en Sal DeLuca y varios chicos más que lograron sobrevivir al ataque en Thule. Cada capítulo comienza con un artículo del proyecto Ménade que explica lo que fue sucediendo desde que el Agente X se propagó, en un intento de explicar los cabos que se dejaron sueltos en el primer libro.

La intera
Karisa_Rahl
Tengo varias cosas que decir acerca de este libro, así como el primero tampoco me atrapo lo suficiente y es por eso que tarde un montón en terminarlo, empezó demasiado lento, algunos capítulos eran flashback de sucesos que ya habían pasado en la primera parte pero desde la perspectiva de otros personajes y en otros nos trataban de explicar como fue surgiendo el agente x, pero al final en vez de aclararme que era en realidad y su propósito me sentía más confusa, sólo tuvo algo de acción hasta cas ...more
Kerry
Oct 21, 2015 rated it it was ok
I read Greatshell's first of tis series and enjoyed it enough to go on for two and three of the same. I have to say the first seemed to have the better writing and plot even tho I did have concerns about the ending. #2 is chaotic, and that is perhaps by design, tho I lean towards default. Everything is just mashed together like so many odd body parts (a small pun regarding this second work) and it makes one a little crazy trying to figure out what the heck is going. A major plot change is droppe ...more
Teawench
Apr 24, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
I was pleasantly surprised by this book. The action was pretty well non-stop until the end, something that I've had a hard time finding lately. The characters were well played out and believable and I had no trouble following the story. I loved the twist on the traditional zombie genre. It made for a fun and interesting read. I almost couldn't put it down. And if we hadn't gone camping while I was reading it, I probably wouldn't have. I haven't read the first book, and while I probably wouldn't ...more
Annamarie
Jul 16, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, own
I started reading this book while stuck in a traffic jam. I was almost disappointed when traffic started to move. This was a jump 'right into the action' type story. While it was pretty straight forward, there was a few twists and turns of the plot that was unexpected. I can truly say I was upset when I got to the end of the book because I wasn't ready to stop reading.
Natasha
Aug 09, 2012 rated it liked it
I finished reading this yesterday, and I'm giving three stars for credit. It was a weird book, but the writing was cool. Maybe I would have understood it more if I'd had the previous one. I'll probably buy it just to know -what- exactly is going on now.
Mika O'Donovan
Oct 08, 2012 rated it liked it
Expands on some of the more meaningful themes in book 1, adds another stripe, and several more layers of silliness. Fun read if you dig the whole z/xombies thing - and I do.
Pamela
Dec 16, 2011 marked it as nevermind
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Brad T.
Mar 01, 2011 rated it it was ok
Just kind of m'eh. I think I am wearing thin on zombie books. Maybe I need to take a 6 month hiatus and read something of more substance.
Another great chapter in the series. It flashes excellently between Lulu, the adults, and Sal and his crew. Chock-full of suspense, it has surprises at every turn.
Tampines House
B22902706F
Eric Lee
rated it did not like it
Sep 08, 2012
Christine Sullivan
Apr 13, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Here's a review of Xombies: Apocalypticon 1 7 Mar 07, 2010 07:12AM

• The Human Condition (Autumn, #6)
  • After Twilight: Walking with the Dead
  • Last Rites (Dying to Live, #3)
  • Beyond the Barriers
  • New Zed Order: Survive
  • Fears Unnamed
  • 21st Century Dead
  • As The World Dies Untold Tales Volume 3
  • Quarantined
  • Monster Planet (Monster Island, #3)
  • After Life
  • Resurrection: Zombie Epic
  • The Machiavelli Interface (Matador, #3)
  • Dead Hunger (Dead Hunger #1)
  • Zombiesque
  • Zombies for Zombies: Advice and Etiquette for the Living Dead
  • They Hunger
  • Down the Road: On the Last Day
Walter Greatshell here. I am the author of XOMBIES (Berkley, 2004), which was re-released as XOMBIES: APOCALYPSE BLUES (2009), and followed by the sequels XOMBIES: APOCALYPTICON (2010), and XOMBIES: APOCALYPSO (2011). I am also author of the novels MAD SKILLS, ENORMITY (published under the pen name W.G. Marshall), and TERMINAL ISLAND. My short stories have appeared in the anthologies THE LIVING DE ...more

Xombies (3 books)
  • Xombies
  • Xombies: Apocalypso (Xombies, #3)