Start by marking “Troublemaker (Alex Barnaby #3)” as Want to Read:
Troublemaker (Alex Barnaby #3)

Troublemaker

(Alex Barnaby #3)

Narrator Alex Barnaby 30 and NASCAR driver Sam Hooker fight crime the only way they know how - leaving a trail of chaos. Hooker's friends Rosa and Felicia call for help. To find a missing man, Alex and Sam go deep into the underbelly of Miami, survive Petro Voodoo, explosions, gift- wrapped body parts, a deadly swamp chase, and Hooker's mom.
Published July 2010 by Dark Horse (first published July 18th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Troublemaker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Troublemaker

Calista
This feels like it starts in the middle of a story. I guess it does. There is a 1st and 2nd book in novel form that I have not read. I feel like you can't jump in without reading it. I felt like I missed a lot of stuff. The story is short and quick. They just start to build when it was over.

The art is peppy and upbeat, just like Janet's writing. I can tell that Janet penned this, it has her crackling wit and the energy between Alex and Hooker is Classic Janet.

It was good enough to read the seco
Aodhan
Jun 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Really quick and easy to read, but the story kind of ended abruptly and did not end how I would like it to. But over all, it was a good book.
Reacherfan
Jul 22, 2010 rated it did not like it
Don't waste your money on this train wreck of a comic with no story. Ms Evanovich must have gathered unused partial chapters from early books, added a not believable premise of Rosa getting kidnapped, and spit out a so-called graphic novel of barely 100 pages and 1,500 words from a scap heap. That makes it shorter than the usual magazine article. Allow 20-30 minutes tops to read this, even if you stop to enjoy the art.

Janet and Alex Evanovich should be embarrassed. Only Artist Joelle Jones has
Devon
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Overall, this book was very adventurous and fun. "Troublemaker" had many clues and mystery beneath the text. Very good book for a graphic novel!
Mackenzie H
Dec 31, 2017 rated it liked it
This book was a very quick and easy graphic novel read. It had some twists and turns through out it which made it more enjoyable to read. Personally I don’t really enjoying reading graphic novels, but I thought that the sporadic adult like humor in it made it less horrific. Overall it was a pretty decent book.
Ashlee G
This was a good book. It is full of action and problems. It all started off as Barnaby and Hooker at the race track. Barnaby was one of Hookers pit crew, I believe. Barnaby has a dog named Bean and he is a big part of this story. What happened, in the beginning, was that Rosa was kidnaped by a guy called Nitro. He is one of the worst people in the world. So Barnaby and Hooker had to work together to find out a way to get her back. Then later in the story, they have to get something back to the m ...more
Kevin Magpoc
Jun 05, 2012 rated it did not like it
The parenthetical bit "(A Barnaby and Hooker Graphic Novel #3)" is a bit confusing. From what I gather, there are three Barnaby and Hooker series - Metro Girl, Motor Mouth, and Troublemaker - but as far as I can find only Troublemaker has a graphic novel form.
I do wonder to whom this book is aimed. This being the only Evanovich title I've ever read, I suspect it's meant for those who already follow any of the Barnaby and Hooker series, since the graphic novel doesn't do a great job at introducin
Iowa City Public Library
Janet Evanovich is taking a new approach to her Alex Barnaby series (Metro Girl, Motor Mouth) and teamed up with her daughter, Alex, to create a graphic novel. Trouble Maker features the artwork of Joëlle Jones and shares many of the characters in the traditional novels.

NASCAR mechanic Alex Barnaby seems to always find trouble and often NASCAR driver Sam Hooker is in the middle of it. A man has gone missing and it’s up to Alex and Sam to find him. In their quest they encounter Petro Voodoo, seve
Aug 06, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
The graphic novel Troublemaker is the third in Janet Evanovich's Alex Barnaby series following two print novels - Metro Girl and Motor Mouth. I had no problem following the graphic novel without having read the previous books. The short character introductions were invaluable.

Troublemaker is wonderfully drawn. I enjoy graphic novels with clean lines and crisp colors over heavily shaded or unnecessarily complicated drawings and Troublemaker was absolutely perfect in that respect.

Book One of Troub
Manoja K.
Would rather this be a novel, but I'm just happy to have another Barnaby story...but not this story! I was really disappointed. I mean, I was a big fan of the novels and I thought it would be fun to read a graphic novel, but to story sucked. Nothing was built, nothing was exciting and it wasn't a page turner. Nothing really happened. I mean, it was okay...which is pretty generous for me to say, but nothing happened. Alex and Janet should have spent more time developing the story to at least make ...more
Amber Jones
Sep 07, 2010 rated it it was ok
Not real sure what to think about this book. I'm not really into "graphic novels" and I really don't like getting into a story and then it ending. Very frustrating.

I prefer that she write books rather then "graphic novels".

Disappointed...
Melanie
Aug 28, 2018 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the first two books of the series which I listened to on audiobook. I didn’t care for the graphic novel format. It seemed like it dumbed down the story and transitions weren't smooth.
Julie
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-mystery, paid, series
This was a graphic novel. It was still a fun read with some LOL moments.
Madeline
A Janet Evanovich graphic novel?? And it’s on sale today only? I had to test drive it.

I enjoyed the graphics and the story wasn’t too bad, either.

But, I probably won’t be buying any of her graphic novels in the future.

One was enough for me.
Giovanni Gelati
Feb 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
TGIF, and welcome to another doubleheader here @ The Scoop. Tomorrow is Digital short Saturday and we have another doubleheader coming at you. First up is Barry Eisler’s The Lost Coast, and then later in day is Big Daddy Abel’s Open Mic. His debut is making noise on Amazon Kindle garnering almost 20, 5 star reviews in its first week of release. Good stuff as far as I am concerned. Okay, enough of that, put on your cape and cowl and to the graphic novel, “Holy novelist crossing over to graphic no ...more
Rach
Aug 06, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: graphic-novels
This was truly terrible. I've read books by Janet Evanovich before, and enjoyed them. The problem in this graphic novel seems to be that neither Evanovich has any clue how to write for this medium. It's like they thought, "Hey, it has pictures! That's less work! We don't need a plot, or character development! They can see it all for themselves! In the pictures!" Just because a comic has a visual element doesn't mean you can slack off on the storytelling, ladies. Hooker and Barnaby are annoying a ...more
Steven Harbin
Sep 19, 2010 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of Janet Evanovich, fans of romantic-adventure-comedy
A short, but a fun introduction to two of Janet Evanovich's characters, Alexandra Barnaby, aka Barney, an auto mechanic and race car driver Sam Hooker. When not working on and in a race car, these two pursue a relationship and whatever mystery comes their way. Basically romance novels with adventure and humor thrown in, which is Evanovich's forte.
This is a graphic novel, and it may not be for those of Evanovich's fans who aren't used to that medium, but tt made me want to go out and read the tw
Theresa
Sep 26, 2010 marked it as to-read
Shelves: janet-evanovich
I just received the book and didn't expect what i am seeing.. I am a kindle owner and have read ALL of Janet's work and I am very disappointed...

I will read the bok and re-comment but I am not sure i am a graphic novel person....I like detail and this doesn't seem to have it...My grandson's graphic novels have more content than what i am seeing here just paging through.

I was hoping for a good series for Alex B..like Stephanie Plum but don't see that coming...

Only time will tell I will however
A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)
*Book source ~ Library

From Goodreads:

Not a terrible story, mostly fluff which isn’t always a bad thing. Beware the cliffhanger though. The story may have fai
Rebecca
Nov 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This graphic novel was the first graphic Novel I have ever read. At first I wasn't use to a graphic Novel style but once I got used to it the book started and turned out to be really good. It didn't take long to read at all and it was an enjoyable read. I recommend this book to anyone that needs to fill there graphic novel section or who just wants a quick good read. Thank you Mrs. Morgan for getting this book!!! :)
CJ - It's only a Paper Moon
So awesome seeing some of Evanovich's characters come to life! I really enjoyed the first two books in this series so it was nice to revisit Miami, Rosa, Hooker and Barney- even Beans.

Fast paced, funny and well-drawn. If you like the Barnaby series you'll enjoy this.

Does end in a cliff hanger though.
Carol
May 15, 2011 rated it liked it
Boy, this book was really dissed on Amazon. I thought it was kind of cute. I guess it was the art I liked best. Since I got it at the library, I didn't feel too bad. I'd hate to pay $18.00 for a comic book. I do agree though, that Evanovich books have been going down hill.
Cyndi
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
The story is hilarious and the art is sharp. Loved it !
Colleen
Sep 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
This has to be the funniest graphic novel I've read to date. There were times I was laughing so hard, I was crying. It's definitely worth reading!
Noemi Mendez
Aug 13, 2010 rated it it was ok
I think this is just a ply to get Evanovich fans to shell out $20 for 5 chapters worth of material.
Susan Gazaway
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed it

I know some of the reviews haven’t been great but I enjoyed reading this graphic novel. I read comics anyway so this didn’t bother me. I liked it.
Jaredh
Nov 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first graphic novel I have ever read and it was really good. For anyone who has not read a graphic novel, I recommend this as your first one. It was really good.
tony dillard jr
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Comic Bento is a monthly subscription service for comic book collectors. It’s a lot like the Jelly of the Month Club. Only instead of a variety of jams to smear on your toast, you get several graphic novels to read. There’s theme-months, like Marvel Females or School Days. You can subscribe for one, three, or six months, as well as a year. You can enroll yourself or a friend could register you for a Bento as a gift.

Troublemaker by Janet Evanovich and Alex Evanovich was one such graphic novel I g
Chris Haak
I had a few chuckles but it wasn’t the most exciting read ever. Not a bad first foray for me into the world of graphic novels (I have to read one for the library summer reading challenge).
Nicole Shafer
Feb 01, 2018 rated it liked it
mad cap but predictable.

• Foul Play
  • The Plot Thickens (Fearless Jones, #0.5)
  • You Have Killed Me
  • Grandville Bête Noire (Grandville, #3)
  • Storm Season (Derrick Storm Graphic Novels, #2)
  • Murder Unleashed (Dead-End Job Mystery, #5)
  • Confessions of a Bombshell Bandit
  • What Would Dewey Do? (Unshelved, #2)
  • The Sign of the Four: A Sherlock Holmes Graphic Novel
  • A Date You Can't Refuse
  • Unhinged (Crazy, #4)
  • Legends of the Dark Crystal, Vol. 2: Trial by Fire
  • Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 9
  • Runaways, Vol. 10: Rock Zombies (Runaways, #10)
  • Batman: The Greatest Stories Ever Told
  • Marriage at Circle M (Windover Ranch, #2)
  • Ivy
  • Seduced by the Night (Night Slayer, #2)

Alex Barnaby (4 books)
  • Metro Girl (Alex Barnaby, #1)
  • Motor Mouth (Alex Barnaby #2)
  • Troublemaker 2 (Alex Barnaby #4)