Start by marking “Keys to the Demon Prison (Fablehaven, #5)” as Want to Read:
Keys to the Demon Prison (Fablehaven, #5)

Keys to the Demon Prison

(Fablehaven #5)

4.43  ·  Rating details ·  69,638 ratings  ·  3,362 reviews
After centuries of plotting, the Sphinx—leader of the Society of the Evening Star—is after the final artifacts needed to open the great demon prison, Zzyxx. If the legendary prison is opened, a tide of evil is certain to usurp control of the world.

In an effort to intercept the final artifacts, Kendra, Seth and the Knights of the Dawn race to strange and exotic preserves ac
Published March 23rd 2010 by Shadow Mountain (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Keys to the Demon Prison, please sign up.
Ethan Fillmore I really think that's a good idea to make a movie for Fablehaven...BUT! the thing that sets Fablehaven apart from Harry Potter is that you have to use…moreI really think that's a good idea to make a movie for Fablehaven...BUT! the thing that sets Fablehaven apart from Harry Potter is that you have to use your imagination! In Harry Potter you can just imagine a part from the movie when reading them. But in Fablehaven you have to imagine it. I mean, which is better the Harry Potter movies or books!? In my opinion, the books. I mean, have you seen the Percy Jackson movies! They're terrible! The books are always better than the movies.(less)

·  69,638 ratings  ·  3,362 reviews

Start your review of Keys to the Demon Prison (Fablehaven, #5)
Chris
Dec 03, 2009 rated it it was amazing
For the record, I'm the publisher. Yes, I've read it. Sorry, I won't be giving anything away. Well, maybe a little something. Chapter 5 in book 5 is the most intense, the most gripping chapter of all the Fablehaven books. Jaw-dropping. I was not prepared for what Brandon Mull pulled out of his sleeve. I doubt anyone will see this coming.

Brandon takes us all over the world, several continents. It's a breathless race to find the remaining artifacts. The artifact vault in Austrailia is a wicked ri
Lindsey Rey
Oct 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
[4.5 Stars]
Hollie Robb
Mar 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I had to stay up until 4 A.M. it was way too exciting to put it down. I even loved the end of the book, end of the series. I didn't think "thank heaven's it's over," like I have with others. Their was a lot of comic relief.

At the every end of the book, Brandon mentions that he might do more with the characters, but it will be with a complete different series. I would like to see that happen. The Characters are fun and very likable. It would be smart to start a completely different series if he
Kimberley doruyter
i'm like no, oh my god, what the hell.
but boy was it a good ending.
Feb 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
a little long but a good ending to a good series.
i will absolutly pick this series up to reread again sometime.
Angie
Jun 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone
Maryruth
Apr 08, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Very exciting. I liked meeting new people and traveling to another preserve. The dragons were amazing. And whether or not it was intentional, Raxtus made me laugh. It's interesting to see Kendra's relationship with the Fairy Queen develop. I'm glad Seth's character is growing up; he's a lot like Warren now. Unfortunately, Warren has the worst luck of anyone.
Shannon
The conclusion to the five book series focusing on a brother and sister who discover a magical world run by their grandparents. I'm in the minority for loving it way more than Harry Schmotter, er, Potter. :)

Anyway, without giving spoilers there are a good number of twists and minor to moderate surprises. Mind you, that's for an adult reading the book. I suspect teen agers might be more amazed by things and such. Bracken was the most interesting secondary character and the verbal duels with the
Turtle
Jun 10, 2012 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: I would not recommend this book
Recommended to Turtle by: My Uncle
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
A good ending for a lovely series!

And I'll be looking out for more Brandon Mull books. Because they are great!!!
Emily Michelle
Apr 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I started this book a few evenings after it came out and told myself I would put it down and go to bed as soon as I reached a stopping point. I finished the book seven hours later, having read the entire thing straight through, because as it turned out, there are no stopping points. The book sucks you in from the first chapter and doesn't let you go until it's done.

The story follows Kendra, Seth and their friends all over the world, from the Middle East to the American deep south to Scotland to
Kells Next Read
This last book in the Fablehaven series was Is Everything

I Laughed, Cried. Cheered and Fell in Love, whilst reading this Gem. I did not want this to end. I wanted more, so much more. The plot twist was believable and enjoyable, the characters ( new and old ) were Amazing and the action and suspense was most certainly, a Euphoric Experience.

I Love these Memorable Characters Immensely. Middle Grade book my Ass, this read is for any and all age groups.

10 ~ I'm sad that is over, but feel honored t
rachel ☾
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star, fantasy
God, this series is my everything.
Samuel Loveland
Aug 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
There seems to be a generation of Harry Potter fans who are looking for the fun, adventure, and growth that we experienced in that series. When cop-outs like Percy Jackson came out, we snatched them up in order to quench our thirst for more. What we got from these wanna-be stories is a sense of fun and adventure, but a lack of something deeper.

Don’t get me wrong. I both read and enjoyed the Percy Jackson books. They were adventurous and a whole lot of fun. However, I think most people would agre
Mairéad (is roaming the Undying Lands)
{December 19th, 2014} MINI-REVIEW

4 to 4.5 stars, I want MOAR.

“Try as we might to postpone them, days of reckoning inevitably arrive.”

Well this was certainly quite the ride. Everything really managed to be covered in almost 600 pages and in a smooth way to almost. I'm surprised how much work went into this final book. After the last book, I was wondering how it would hold up. Thankfully I was surprised again, especially since I finished this within less a day. Pretty insane, huh?

Now what to s
Tracy
Jan 31, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Brandon Mull is simply a wonderful writer. If I had kids, I'd MAKE them read this series.

All the other rave reviews are right on, and written by more talented reviewers than myself. I will add two points. First, I really like how Mr Mull weaves in little "life lessons," quite directly but without being preachy.

And, Mr. Mull, if you really are contemplating writing more Fabelhaven-related books, I would love to see more of Doren and Newel! I haven't laughed out loud at dialogue in a book in a v
Anna
Jan 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This series was fantastic. I highly recommend it and the author!
Kendall
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is by far the best and most action-packed of the series!
Full RTC
Fraffee
Mar 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Harry Potter Fans, Percy Jackson Fans, Lovers of fantasy and mythology, Kids at heart
Shelves: favorites
Sam
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mercy
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Now I need to read every Brandon Mull's book 🙊
Jen (LOHF/Book Den)
I'm done! It was tough getting through 2,412 pages of a series in a short period of time, but the Fablehaven series was a really solid read. Keys to the Demon Prison is my son's favorite book of all time now. What a successful ending! Kendra and Seth are so grown up, and I may have gotten a little teary at their parents at the end of this one.

There is a sequel series (Dragonwatch). My son has already flown through the first two and is finishing up the third one that was just released this month.
Ithlilian
Jan 12, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: young-adult
Keys to the Demon Prison is full of action, but that is about all there is to it. The book picks up right in the midst of things and never lets up. I personally didn't enjoy it. There are about 20 tasks that need to be completed and the characters systematically go through them. Traveling to each event takes 20 or so pages, the actual event takes a page, and then it is on to the next thing. There is no flow here, and no elegance. I loved the whimsical nature of the first Fablehaven book. It's a ...more
Amanda
Apr 01, 2010 rated it liked it
My issue with this book is the same issue I've had with all of Mull's other books. The execution of his ideas is just mediocre. From a technical/grammatical standpoint, it's written pretty poorly. He employs very little imagery, and sometimes sounds like he learned to write by reading too many fantasy novels. Most good writers will show me what is happening. Mull just tells me. Lengthy descriptions and big words don't necessarily make good writing.

He took a long time to get into the flow of thi
Lazybee
Jul 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Epic conclusion for an outstanding series. There isn't much to dislike in this book. I loved it.
Kimberley doruyter
a little too long but a great finaly to a really great series.
C.P. Cabaniss
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, middle-grade
I've finally completed this series and I am so glad I finally read it! It took me a long time to continue after reading the first book, but I'm so glad I finally did.

I won't go into too many details, since this is the final book of a series, but it wrapped things up nicely and had a satisfying conclusion. Seth and Warren are still my two favorite characters, though there aren't many that I don't like.

This had a lot of great battle scenes and our characters faced great challenges. A lot happens
Erica (storybookend)
Can I give Fablehaven Keys to the Demon Prison ten stars? Shining with Kendra’s blinding countenance? Well, it certainly deserves it!

Ah, where do I begin? I. LOVE. THIS. BOOK!!! It is my new favorite book of all times. My favorite series. I just couldn’t get enough of it! I couldn’t read it fast enough. Brandon is an amazing storyteller, and was able to captivate me from the very beginning of the series. Each book got better, escalating in thrill and adventure. The last book executed the finale
Blaine
Mar 24, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Avery (ThePagemaster)
Doing the math, the entire Fablehaven series holds a solid 4 out of 5 stars

Reading a lot of Middle Grade Fantasy, as of late, which is another favorite genre of mine, I could see the cliched layout of how the plot would go, but that never inhibited my reading experience. There were moments where I could pick out the Percy Jackson, the Harry Potter, even a little Narnia influences.

By the time the final battle comes, I could really see how the characters have grown since the first book. There's a

• The Sorceress (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #3)
  • The Burning Bridge (Ranger's Apprentice, #2)
  • Fablehaven: Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary
  • Leven Thumps and the Ruins of Alder (Leven Thumps, #5)
  • Dragon Slippers (Dragon Slippers, #1)
  • The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus, #3)
  • Fablehaven: Grip of the Shadow Plague
  • Janitors (Janitors, #1)
  • The Red Pyramid (The Kane Chronicles, #1)
  • Island of Silence (Unwanteds, #2)
  • The Horn of Moran (Adventurers Wanted, #2)
  • The Battle for Skandia (Ranger's Apprentice, #4)
  • Syren (Septimus Heap, #5)
  • Island of Fire  (Unwanteds, #3)
  • The Kings of Clonmel (Ranger's Apprentice, #8)
  • The Sorcerer of the North (Ranger's Apprentice, #5)
  • Slathbog's Gold (Adventurers Wanted, #1)
  • The Last Dragon (The Revenge of Magic, #2)
Brandon Mull resides in a happy little valley near the mouth of a canyon with his wife and three children. He spent two years living in the Atacama Desert of Northern Chile where he learned Spanish and juggling. He once won a pudding eating contest in the park behind his grandma’s house, earning a gold medal. Brandon is the author of the New York Times bestselling Fablehaven series and The Candy S ...more

Fablehaven (5 books)
  • Fablehaven (Fablehaven, #1)
  • Rise of the Evening Star (Fablehaven, #2)
  • Grip of the Shadow Plague (Fablehaven, #3)
  • Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary (Fablehaven, #4)