Start by marking “Amy Unbounded: Belondweg Blossoming” as Want to Read:
Amy Unbounded: Belondweg Blossoming

Amy Unbounded: Belondweg Blossoming

(Ashcan #3)

Amy Unbounded: Belondweg Blossoming collects issues 7-12 of Rachel Hartman's award-winning comic book, and includes an introduction by Linda Medley, a dramatis personae for new readers, and a few extra pages of silliness at the back.

Belondweg Blossoming follows the lives of Amy and her neighbor Bran Ducanahan the summer they turn ten. Amy has begun reading the national ep

Published April 1st 2002 by Pug House Pr

To ask other readers questions about Amy Unbounded, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amy Unbounded

Jaylia3
Mar 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
Before she wrote Seraphina and the just released Shadow Scale, Rachel Hartman created comics set in the same rich and wonderfully elaborate world of humans and dragons. Amy Unbounded is a collection of stories 7 through 12 from that series, bound together to be like a graphic novel. Set some years before the events of Seraphina, these stories feature spunky 10-year-old Amy, a Goreddi combination of Anne of Green Gables and Harriet the Spy, as well as earlier versions of several of the characters ...more
Jaclyn
Aug 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I'd been wanting to read Rachel Hartman's SERAPHINA so much that I actually preordered it, and once I started reading it, I realized that I was loving it so much that I just HAD to immediately order this graphic novel she had done earlier, set in the same world, as well. And then I ended up reading it first. Graphic novels are my favorite storytelling medium, I must confess.

This story really has everything I want in a graphic novel, too. The characters are lovable. The world is intimate and well
Allen Garvin
Completely utterly charming graphic novel through the eyes of Amy, a young daughter of a weaver father (and barbarian (sort-of) mother!). It has its triumphs, and also some very sad moments, especially with her friend the dragon Lalo (who is in the form of a young human scholar)... just... just perfect! Recommended to everyone, if you can find a copy.
Millenia
Mar 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mg, fantasy, graphic-novel
I loved her book Seraphina. Unfortunately, her comics seem to be unavailable in most places where you buy comics, which means that I will have to suffer many pains to hunt this down. Things like THE NAME OF THE TOAD, a charming and hilarious webcomic Hartman made, guarantee it'll be worth it.

Oh, and the afforementioned comic has a bug early on that won't allow you to go from one page to another. Here is the link to the other page. But srsly - read it. It's just one big slice of delight, a tricks
Allan
Apr 18, 2007 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite comics ever. It's about a young girl growing up, but it's neither kidsy nor overly "adult". It's got silly games and serious dilemmas and country recipes and folktales and mystery and scholarship and feminism and butterchurn accidents. I love this book and go back to it over and over.
Jenn Bennington
May 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I loved Amy Unbounded when it was coming out as a zine and I just ran across my old copies in a box of old comics. Can't wait to read them all again and share them with my son, who is now 8 and a fledgling comic geek in his own right.
Karen
Feb 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
I also have and very much enjoyed "amy unbounded, the ashcan series". #1,2,3,4 and 5.
Rob McMonigal
Jan 06, 2008 rated it liked it
I got this because it had an introduction by Linda Medley, author of the excellent Castle Waiting series. It has similar themes--a medieval setting, strong female characters, railing against the arbitrary patriarchy, and so on, but all through it, I found something missing.

It took me until I was three quarters of the way through to realize what it is--pacing. While Medley's stories move quickly, keeping the reader engaged, this was far slower, and once things slow down, your mind starts to focu
Nicole
Jul 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
This was charming and fun (and I especially enjoyed it as a contrast to my mildly-depressing previous read).
Beka
Feb 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Though I sometimes had problems remembering which characters were which, I did enjoy this graphic novel of characters from the world of Seraphina.
Neile
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was charming, and I loved the historical details and the humour.
Estara
Jan 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: people who enjoyed reading Seraphina
Recommended to Estara by: Linda Medley writing the preface - I love her Castle Waiting series
Maron Anrow
Apr 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
I enjoyed Seraphina a great deal and wanted more, so I was excited to see that Rachel Hartman had written a graphic novel set in the same world. Because the author is the illustrator, this meant I could see the world through her own eyes (which I was very curious to do). Amy Unbounded does have a different setting than Seraphina (the former is concerned with the day-to-day activities of people in a small medieval village, whereas the latter took place mostly at court), but it's still clearly the ...more
Anoush Emrazian
Oct 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
I picked this up based on the author only. With no other idea as to what it was about, I started out a big confused and not totally convinced. As I got to know the characters and watched Amy grow, I became more interested in the outcome.

In this book, there are several different problems, mostly related to the role of women in this past society and how they are treated and what rights they do or don't have. Some of these stories have happy endings, some have sad endings and some stories are simpl
Debbie
Sep 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Debbie by: Christina
Like many others, I stumbled across this graphic novel after reading Seraphina and desperately wanting more. This is a very sweet story told from the POV of Amy, a child who lives as a peasant in Goredd. I loved the little glimmers of Seraphina's world that I saw long before the book was ever written.

As a stand alone story, Amy Unbounded works. It's a coming of age story where Amy discovers that the world isn't always fair, but in the end still moves forward. I really enjoyed this and hope that
Caitlin
Apr 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
I read this book because I loved Seraphina and when looking at reviews on goodreads for this book, they were all very positive.

I really enjoyed it. Some parts (OK, most) were really funny, it was easy to distinguish (even for me) the different characters from each other. The only thing that really disappoints me is that I know there is as much material from the serial that hasn't been published in book form and I can't get!
Virginia
Dec 29, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommended to Virginia by: Christina
Shelves: 2012books
This was a cute story - as with Seraphina, I really appreciated how fleshed out the world is. So much detail! The characters are not as developed in this story, but it was still sweet. I am impressed that the author both wrote and illustrated this. 3.5 stars, if possible!
Kirsten
Dec 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I stumbled upon this in an online discussion of Seraphina, and figured I should check it out. I liked it, but the pacing is a bit uneven. Still, it's cute, and a nice (early) glimpse into the same world as Seraphina.
Nicole
Jun 13, 2007 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphicnovel
PG/young adult loveliness. i really enjoyed the characters and the world this book exists in.
Bets
May 11, 2014 marked it as to-read
yay, there's "balm in Goredd" for a fledgling Seraphina addict! I can't wait to look for this book.

I wonder if Amy and Bran Ducanahan are precursors of the meta-fictional Amaline Ducanahan?
CJ - It's only a Paper Moon
Pretty sure I read this a long time ago. Bout the same time I read the first Castle Waiting.

I liked it but I might need to reread
Mutantreptile
Mar 11, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Finder, Vol. 01: Sin-Eater 1
  • Sora Log, Vol. 04
  • Castle Waiting, Vol. 2 (Castle Waiting Omnibus Collection #2)
  • Bunny Drop, Vol. 5
  • There Must Be Murder
  • Only Serious About You 2
  • Bright-eyed at Midnight
  • Black Sun, Volume 1
  • Digger, Volume One (Digger, #1)
  • The Edge of Light (Dark Ages of Britain, #3)
  • Ristorante Paradiso
  • Future Lovers, Vol. 2
  • The Story of Saiunkoku, Vol. 6
  • White Time
  • The Tears of the Salamander
  • Beauty is the Beast, Vol. 2
  • It Never Happened Again: Two Stories
  • The Wicked Wood (Tales from the Tower, #2)
Rachel Hartman lives and writes in Vancouver, BC.

Her first YA fantasy novel, Seraphina, was published by Random House on July 10th, 2012. Here are some things that are already being said about Seraphina by some fabulous authors:

“A book worth hoarding, as glittering and silver-bright as dragon scales, with a heroine who insists on carving herself a place in your mind.” — Naomi Novik, New York Times

Ashcan (3 books)
  • Amy Unbounded: Amy in the Grip of Good Weather (The Ashcan Series #1)
  • Amy Unbounded: St. Fatuous's Fair (The Ashcan Series #2)