Start by marking “Remote Control (Agent Six of Hearts, #2)” as Want to Read:
Remote Control (Agent Six of Hearts, #2)

Remote Control

(Agent Six of Hearts #2)

Agent Six of Hearts, 16-year-old superhuman, is on a mission. His brother Kyntak has been kidnapped. A strange and sinister new figure is rising in power. Six is suspected of being a double agent. The Deck has been put into lockdown by the Queen of Spades. A mysterious girl has appeared who acts as Six's guardian angel. Who can he trust?

As the clock ticks steadily against
Published January 1st 2010 by Scholastic Press (first published April 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Remote Control, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Remote Control

Stormbreaker by Anthony HorowitzI'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally CarterFledgling by Mark A. CooperPoint Blank by Anthony HorowitzThe Recruit by Robert Muchamore
Spy Kids
284 books — 646 voters
Stormbreaker by Anthony HorowitzFledgling by Mark A. CooperThe Recruit by Robert MuchamoreSilverFin by Charlie HigsonPoint Blank by Anthony Horowitz
Books Like Alex Rider
619 books — 343 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Remote Control (Agent Six of Hearts, #2)
Amy
Nov 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I WANT A MOVIE!
Seriously. This book (well, this series ) would make an amazing movie. Kind of weird actually...an Australian dude writes a book about the future and a Wisconsin teen wants it made into a movie.
ANYWAY.
Where to begin. Kyntax was amazing. So was Six. And Nai! AHHH. Talk about a cliff hanger.
Six of Hearts is a genetically altered super-teen. To get the full story, you'll want the first book in the series, The Lab
Unlike many stories, though, this sequel doesn't disapoint. Its
Erica Tan
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I highly recommend this book. Remote Control was filled with exhilarating fight scenes that seems so realistic. The plot was exciting and had an interesting twist at the end.
I love the character, Agent Six of Hearts, mostly because of his inner conflict and his brotherly relationship with Kyntak.
All in all, Remote Control was a book that I couldn't put down.
Andrew
Feb 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 3rd-quarter
I liked this book very much. I thought it was a good book because it had action ad was unrealistic. There was adventure and skill. I like the fiction/adventure/action books. I think this book had a lot of fiction. It was unrealistic because it had things that would not happen in real life. It also had a lot of action because the main character is a spy so he went on missions.
The book is based on a teenage boy that created in a lab. The plot in this book begins where the main character is
Marshal Whitham
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Remote Control is an action-packed book that will have any thrill lover hooked. This book is filled with action and adventure on every page. It is very entertaining and hard to put down once you start reading. Remote Control will keep you on the edge of your seat with all the suspense and thrill Agent Six takes you through. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys action-packed literature as James Bond and Jason Bourne.
Rachael
Jan 18, 2010 rated it really liked it
Its official. Since Agent Six of Hearts last mission, everyone knows exactly who or what he issuperhuman. Somehow Six is able to tolerate this unwanted attention, maybe because he gets to work with his brother Kyntak. But when Kyntak is kidnapped while on a mission and everyone at the Deck, especially the Queen of Spades, starts to think Six is a double agent, Six realizes that he must go solo if hes to have any chance of survival and rescuing Kyntak. With an unknown and the most cunning ...more
Eden
Jun 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Every author who wants to write series needs to read this. Remote Control sets up so well for the next book that when I closed the covers, I was tingling all over, the ending with the villain was that good. This novel also stands alone so well that I was surprised to find out it's got a prequel, The Lab.

Also, I've decided: I will never deprive myself of thrillers ever again. It's not just the pow-pow-boom action -- it's the cunning minds on both sides, the subterfuge and secrets, the plans
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Sally Kruger aka "Readingjunky" for TeensReadToo.com

"The first thing he saw was a soldier with a megaphone leaning through the second-floor window of one of the buildings; the second was the sixteen snipers aiming at him from the windows all around."

Events like the one above are fairly commonplace for Agent Six in REMOTE CONTROL, the sequel to Jack Heath's THE LAB. It is filled with heart-stopping images just like it.

The world is still controlled by ChaoSonic, and Six is still
Katrina Ly
Apr 18, 2012 rated it liked it
not bad...extremely fast paced (which is awesome, i really dislike slow-paced books). superhuman dudes with personalities most guys probably dream of having and most girls probably dream of dating...not bad not bad

so why did i only give this book a 3 star rating? i'm not really sure why but in terms of how much this book really sucked me in and in terms of how addictive the series really was...it kind of just suits a 3 star rating in that department.

the plot was good if totally unexpected and
Jonathon
Dec 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was pleasantly surprised to find Six once again in perilous danger and thrust into dark plans of intrigue and suspense. While I believe that there was very little character development outside of Six and maybe Kyntak, I found everyone quite enjoyable to read. The new villain is exactly what this series needed. The Moriarty to Six's Holmes and very much the ultimate urban spy enemy. I can't wait to read more.
Nai was freaking awesome. The ending was typical for her type of character but it was
T.j.
Sep 03, 2012 added it
Remote control book review
I thought the book remote control by jack heath was a very good written and action packed book. I had a hard time putting it down. Every page keep me guessing and on the edge of my seat. I thought the author did a great job describing the fight sense and also the stunts. One stunt that I especially liked was when six (six of hearts is the main character) ran up a very high wall. Jack heath described what was going on and also what six was thinking as he was doing this
Ernest
Oct 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jack Heath returns to the world he first created in The Lab to further the adventure of Agent Six of Hearts and The Deck. This time, it is a new power that has to be faced and defeated, with trust and confidence in short supply.

Upon reflection, what struck me was how fast paced the book is. One can really get a sense of the forward momentum of both the individual scenes/moments in the book and with the larger story. This is even so for times were things are racing along in a scene and one
Aliahnna Daling
Nov 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
I'm not much a fan of action stories especially when it doesn't have much romance entitled to it either but this book did make an exception. It kept me thinking of what might happen next. Six, sadly enough, was thought to be a double agent and is a traitor of the Deck. To make matter's worse his brother just got kidnapped. How he managed to get through that did give me that same feeling as everyone would write their "superhero stories". It didn't make me feel much special but however I did like ...more
Evan King
Dec 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is about Agent six of hearts in the spy agency and is a superhuman or robot who acts like a human but is way smarter and has more strength and so when one of the prisoners escapes and he is sent to find him with his other superhuman brother they are ambushed and trapped and agent six of hearts is betrayed by his own agency or the deck and has to save his brother from the leader and has to make sure he doesn't get caught by the queen of spades. This book takes place in a world that has ...more
EAL
Aug 08, 2010 rated it liked it
It has been several months since I read The Lab, but I got caught up fairly quickly. The plot was high-paced, the fight/action scenes pretty good, the looming threat of powerful enemies suspenseful. What I really liked about this book were the characters. Agent Six had a really good line somewhere - "He was going to leave for selfish reasons, but he stayed for even more selfish reasons." Or something to that effect. Kyntak was cool. The ending is one that makes you go, "Oh, ...more
Christopher Chung
Sep 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I think this book is awesome and it kept me interested of the book from start to finish. Being full of action and vivid imagery, this book is compelling and impossible to let go of. Using an abundance of figurative language to describe the animated fighting scenes of the characters, the author, Jack Heath, creates the image of the scenes inside the reader's head and lets us feel the scene being played out as if it is in real life. Also having a great storyline, I would recommend it to other ...more
Katharine (Ventureadlaxre)
Katharine is a judge for the Sara Douglass 'Book Series' Award. This entry is the personal opinion of Katharine herself, and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of any judging panel, the judging coordinator or the Aurealis Awards management team.

I won't be recording my thoughts (if I choose to) here until after the AA are over.
Elise
Dec 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dystopian, sci-fi
The only complaint that I have is that there aren't many story breaks (I can't stop reading) and Six, who's supposed to be a genius, is not that smart. He makes a lot of mistakes when you think about it... I mean, careless much?
Lauren
Mar 21, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012
Nice concepts, but characters fell short. There was far too much relentless action with no break for the reader, and as a result, characterisation suffered - so Heath crammed in some CHARACTER REALISATION CHUNKS~ into the last few chapters, instead of showing their development throughout.
Heather
May 19, 2010 rated it really liked it
The book is nonstop action. Seriously. No one ever gets a break for sleep or food or bodily necessities. So I think it will probably appeal to boys who want their books action-packed. Because you couldn't possibly cram any more action into these 300+ pages.
Jenna
May 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The ending was terrible! Such a cliff hanger!
Jenna
Oct 22, 2010 rated it liked it
action-packed sequel to the lab. Agent Six of Hearts kicks butt. Very fun. :)
Hanna
Mar 26, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
This series is okay, but it's way below most middle schoolers reading level. It's not very challenging. But, I like the characters and the unusual ways they escape situations.
Kay
May 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have really enjoyed this series so far! Just thinking about the ending in this one gives me the chills. Seriously. Can't wait to read the next one!
Shemar Maurice
Dec 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
all I have to say is WOAH!
Galvin
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book!

Fantastic book, look out closely for the next two books for they are a bit hard to find. I suggest emailing or contacting the author in some way or form.
Theo
Vinh
Oct 20, 2016
Rose
Jan 09, 2010

• The Reckoning (The New Heroes/Quantum Prophecy, #3)
  • Escape Velocity (H.I.V.E., #3)
  • Crocodile Tears (Alex Rider, #8)
  • Maximum Security (Cherub, #3)
  • Skeleton Key (Alex Rider, #3)
  • Class A (Cherub, #2)
  • Mad Dogs (Cherub, #8)
  • Ark Angel (Alex Rider, #6)
  • Scorpia Rising (Alex Rider, #9)
  • Dreadnought (H.I.V.E, #4)
  • The Recruit (Cherub, #1)
  • The Killing (Cherub, #4)
  • The Overlord Protocol (H.I.V.E., #2)
  • Rogue (H.I.V.E, #5)
  • The Secret War (Jack Blank Adventure, #2)
  • Death Run (Rich and Jade, #2)
  • Snakehead (Alex Rider, #7)
  • Aftershock (H.I.V.E., #7)
As of February 2018, Jack Heath is the fourth bestselling fiction author in Australia. His twenty action-packed novels have been translated into several languages and optioned for film and television.

Jack fell in love with reading in primary school, when an ear infection left him unable to do much else. In high school he was frustrated by the slow pace and lack of excitement in most teenage

Agent Six of Hearts (4 books)
  • The Lab (Agent Six of Hearts, #1)
  • Third Transmission (Agent Six of Hearts, #3)
  • Dead Man Running (Agent Six of Hearts, #4)