Start by marking “Doom with a View (Psychic Eye Mystery, #7)” as Want to Read:
Doom with a View (Psychic Eye Mystery, #7)

Doom with a View

(Psychic Eye Mystery #7)

Doom with a View (Psychic Eye Mysteries, Book 7)
Published September 1st 2009 by Berkley Books (first published August 29th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Doom with a View, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doom with a View

Start your review of Doom with a View (Psychic Eye Mystery, #7)
Holly Brown
Dec 26, 2014 rated it did not like it
Warning: SPOILERS

I don't ask much from my light reading. When the heroine has the emotional stability of a two year old and can only find solace in her boyfriend's manly arms, I shrug and keep turning pages. When her best friend is engaging in reckless behaviors typically seen in psychopaths, I barely pause. When a painfully stereotypical love/hate relationship between two main characters is given way too many pages to unfold, I roll my eyes but keep going. It's light reading, after all, and I
Barbara
Jul 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
Love, love, love, and immensely enjoy this series. I’m rapidly catching up with the current books in the series and am going to be so disappointed when I do. I really don’t want this to end.

Abby and her PI friend/partner are called in to help the FBI in trying to solve the disappearance of three college students, all from different states, but all the son/daughters of state Congressmen(women). I have been intrigued by physic ability for a long time and sometimes wish I had some ability, but at
Paradoxical
What is with these books and people being unexpectedly rich? It's like some sort of wishful thought the author has. I also sigh over how in your face Abby is about her psychic ability--every skeptic she meets (who continues to not believe) is automatically some sort of jerk, and while I wouldn't ordinarily care, I would greatly prefer it if the author was at least a bit subtle about it. As it is, it's like some sort of vendetta against all of the nonbelievers in the world. And, you know, for ...more
Diane ~Firefly~
Feb 08, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal, mystery
I got burned out on this series years ago, but enjoyed this one.

Abby and Candice are great friends and investigation partners. Abby has the psychic skills while Candice has PI skills and enough confidence for 3 people. When the FBI asks for Abby's help to find 3 missing teens, the agent in charge doesn't believe in psychics and requires Abby to pass some tests.

The mystery is good. Characters interesting, although Dutch is barely in this. I guess it is time to get back into this series as it
Loreta
Aug 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I have enjoyed this series immensely. I am not a fan on scifi, ghosts, vampires or werewolves. I do however like some of the psychics. And when it doesn't become too heavy and you can enjoy a laugh occasionally, I'm in. Victoria Laurie, the author, is an actual police psychic and still does readings so it's enjoyable to read about how she explains the ability her character has and how she uses it. You can pretty much guess the ability she gives her character is actually her own. Ms. Laurie can't ...more
Linda Smatzny
Dec 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
In this book, Abby and her PI friend,Candice, are asked by the FBI to help in the investigation of three missing college kids. Besides having very little in way of clues, Abby is also stuck with a FBI agent who thinks she is a fraud. Through the course of the case, Abby slowly begins to make progress in convincing the agent she knows what she knows. The book was a quick easy read.
Johnna
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
always a fun read
Myhotstylist
Sep 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is the 7th installment of Miss Abby Cooper, PI. And I have to say it was one of the best out of the entire series. This book had a more serious tone about it, which I appreciated after all the crazy stunts pulled in Las Vegas. :) The gang buckles down and gets to work hard on this case, leaving no stone unturned. We are introduced to Dutch's new boss, Agent Harrison who is a real "doody-head" and doubts Abby's abilities. There was enough bickering in this book to bring just the right amount ...more
Sarai
Sep 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Abby and her crew is back, this time on the case of three missing college kids of high-profile parents. We meet Agent Harrison, a total non-believer in Abby's psychic abilities, fix-it friend Dave moves to Texas, friend and business partner Candice experiences a personal tragedy, and of course there's lots of danger and mayhem and not following orders.

I read the other books in the series one right after the other, so I've had a few months in between and I don't know if that accounts for it or
Linda
Oct 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite adult mystery series! Abby Cooper, a psychic, is experiencing the economic problems of the downturn in economy in the midwest where she lives. Her appointment calendar is blank. So she jumps at the chance to help the FBI. Special Agent Bill Gaston had been very impressed with Abby's abilities in Las Vegas. The FBI is stumped by a case: three teenagers, children of prominent congress men and women in their respective states, have disappeared over the last few months. ...more
JadeShea
Abby is helping out the FBI with her friend Candice on a case, and things aren't looking up. The lead investigator on this case is Dutch's boss, and he doesn't believe in Abby and doesn't want her on the case. However, Candice and him are having some strange reactions to each other, and as Abby tries to help solve the case before it is too late, Candice may end up with a new lover.

This book was okay. I thought it was a little boring at times. And I got annoyed with how it was more of a
Emmalynne
Sep 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Laurie never fails me. When I'm in the mood for a quick witted happily written can't put it down book - I can always pick up one from her Abby Cooper Physic Eye series. After her first six books in the series I was expecting it to die down, and the plot to seem not as thought out, but it was great. I actually had to turn the lamp on to read as it was starting to give me chills. FANTASTIC! I love Dutch and Abby's relationship. I am also happy that she is beginning to develop Abby's PI friend ...more
✴ Cindy ✴
This was my favorite so far in the series. I love that Candice and Abby's friendship is so tight. Candice looks out for Abby like a bodyguard because of her talent and all the negative attitudes Abby's had to deal with in her lifetime. Candice is like a rabid dog toward Brice. I LOVE IT. When she told Abby that she hates it when anyone tries to bully her, my eyes got a little damp.

I WISH I HAD A GIRLFRIEND LIKE THAT!!!

The other part of the story I loved was the addition of Brice Harrison. He
Marilyn
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Around the Year in 52 Books 2017 Reading Challenge. A continuation of an earlier book.

Abby Cooper, psychic, and her friend Candice Fusco, PI, have been asked to assist the FBI in their search for some missing college students. However, Agent Brice Harrison does NOT believe in psychics and does NOT want their involvement in "his" case. He is forced to agree to meet with them and then decides to set-up a "test" of Abby's abilities which he rigs with his rules making it impossible for her to pass
Ashley Nichols
Dec 07, 2018 rated it liked it
This is the lowest rating I imagine I will ever give Victoria Laurie. This was the first book I’d read of hers. I wasn’t sure about the whole psychic thing because I thought it would either end in a quick whodunnit vision or randomly tag on some important mystery solving info right at the end. I almost put the book in the trash when she revealed the drag queen scene, but I understand that a large portion of the audience for these mysteries are upper middle class white women, especially Christian ...more
Kristine Hansen
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, paranormal
Our favorite psychic is back, this time helping the FBI (but not Dutch personally, this time working in a more OFFICIAL capacity) to solve the puzzle of three missing college students. Time is running out and things don't look good as Abby sifts through the clues and works the case with her partner Candace and all her usual spirits who never seem to give her enough information when she needs it most.

Love the characters and while the story is good, I'm dinging this one for being too easy to
Mary Corso
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Winning over the FBI

Sad about Michigan being a financial bust but this book was the transition from Michigan to Texas. I had read books before and after so this one filled in the story line. Some missing kids and a stalled investigation until Butch and Sundance breath some life into it.
Sandra DS
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was just another great book in the series... All the characters were interesting and well developed. I loved the story and am happy there are more books to read in this awesome series. The writing style of Victoria Laurie is just superb, it flows and is easy to follow.
Dawn
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
It's a good thing Abby has her crew because she tends to be a little slow on the uptake. I figured this out long before she did and I don't have any psychic help. It's still a good story and I liked that she teamed up with Candice for this one. Good thing Candice is much smarter than she is.
Teri
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story

One of the things I love about this main character is the quick laugh I do at random times. I will just be reading along and she comments something that makes me snort. Now on to the next book. Come on down book 8.
Crystal Anderson
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was one of the best of the series. I didn't really love the last two books and was pleasantly surprised by this one. Fast paced and funny! I loved the focus on the case and that it was FBI involved without being unrealistic.
Christine L
Jan 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was book number 7 in the Psychic Eye Mysteries and I haven't tired of them yet. Wonderful little cozy mysteries that I will absolutely be recommending to my mystery reading patrons.
Lori Gronewold
Aug 01, 2017 rated it liked it
If you want a book to read while on the train, bus or plane this is the series for you.
Grace
Sep 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook
Fun read. But wondered what happened to Abby's best friend who moved to CA. I think that best friend got replaced by Candice and is never mentioned again!
Sharon
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished-reading
Absolutely love the Victoria Laurie Psychic Eye Series. Good dialogue, absorbing plots, some well-done humor. Searching for all the books in the series. Read it in six hours; couldn't put it down.
Ginger Perry
Introduces Brice Harrison - 2nd favorite
Julie A
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Series!!!
Mai
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another good solid enjoyable addition to this series!
Pianogirl1126
Mar 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
good book - I am really liking this series
Kim Bishop
Nov 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Previously on Death Perception...

Special Director Super Head Guy of the FBI, Gaston, invited Abby Cooper, Psychic Extraordinaire, to work for the FBI. Gaston is a huge Abby fan, and just loves her to death! I love this guy already...Special Agent boss dude of Dutch's, Agent Robalard goes down for his past crimes right before getting ready to kill Abby, Candace, Cat, Nora and Misty. And Dutch has some "splaining to do" in regards to his security company and moolah he is apparently rolling in!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Madison Mega-Mara...: Doom with a View - 5th June Book 1 1 Jun 17, 2013 11:54AM
hey 8 42 May 25, 2013 10:32AM

• Tarnished and Torn (A Witchcraft Mystery, #5)
  • In a Witch's Wardrobe (A Witchcraft Mystery, #4)
  • A Vision in Velvet (A Witchcraft Mystery, #6)
  • Hexes and Hemlines (A Witchcraft Mystery, #3)
  • A Cast-Off Coven (A Witchcraft Mystery, #2)
  • Spellcasting in Silk (A Witchcraft Mystery, #7)
  • Killer in High Heels (High Heels, #2)
  • A Haunting is Brewing (Witchcraft Mystery, #6.5; Haunted Home Renovation Mystery, #4.5)
  • A Toxic Trousseau (A Witchcraft Mystery, #8)
  • Drop-Dead Blonde
  • The Trouble With Magic (A Bewitching Mystery, #1)
  • Murder Go Round (Witch City Mystery, #4)
  • Bonefire of the Vanities (Sarah Booth Delaney #12)
  • The Goodbye Witch (A Wishcraft Mystery, #4)
  • A Witch Before Dying (A Wishcraft Mystery, #2)
  • Bells, Spells, and Murders (Witch City Mystery #7)
  • Truly, Madly (Lucy Valentine, #1)
  • Murder of a Small-Town Honey (A Scumble River Mystery, #1)
Victoria Laurie is the New York Times bestselling author of 32 books and counting. Over the past 16 years Victoria has created several series and a few stand-alone novels. Her mystery series include: The Psychic Eye Mysteries, The Life Coach Mysteries, and The Ghost Hunter Mysteries. She's also the author of two YA books, When and Forever Again, as well as a middle-grade series called The Oracles ...more

Psychic Eye Mystery (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye (Psychic Eye Mystery, #1)
  • Better Read Than Dead (Psychic Eye Mystery, #2)
  • A Vision of Murder (Psychic Eye Mystery, #3)
  • Killer Insight (Psychic Eye Mystery, #4)
  • Crime Seen (Psychic Eye Mystery, #5)
  • Death Perception (Psychic Eye Mystery, #6)
  • A Glimpse of Evil (Psychic Eye Mystery, #8)
  • Vision Impossible (Psychic Eye Mystery, #9)
  • Lethal Outlook (Psychic Eye Mystery, #10)
  • Deadly Forecast (Psychic Eye Mystery, #11)
“What do you think?” I asked her.
Candice took her time answering, which is one of the reasons I really like having her as my partner—she’s cool under pressure. “I think that, ultimately, this isn’t about someone else’s personal agenda. It’s about the missing kids. It’s about the frantic parents wanting an answer, and it’s about the bastard who will continue to take other parents’ kids and possibly hurt them until he’s stopped. I also think that you’re damn good at what you do, and I’m damn good at what I do, and we have no reason to apologize to anyone for how we make our living. So I think we should head to Washington and show this prick what we’re made of.”
0 likes