Start by marking “The Gift: Home for Christmas / All I Want for Christmas” as Want to Read:
The Gift: Home for Christmas / All I Want for Christmas

The Gift: Home for Christmas / All I Want for Christmas

FROM THE INCOMPARABLE MASTER OF ROMANCE NORA ROBERTS COMES TWO TALES OF HOLIDAY LOVE, AVAILABLE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN OVER A DECADE ...

HOME FOR CHRISTMAS

After years of world travel, prizewinning reporter Jason Law returned home to New Hampshire. He had carried the memories of Faith Kirkpatrick, the girl he left behind, for ten years --- now he was determin
Published September 24th 2004 by Silhouette Books (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about The Gift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gift

Anita
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, christmas
Two wonderful novellas by the Queen of Romance and she does not disappoint.

Home for Christmas
Jason is a world famous, Pulitzer prize winning author. He left Quiet Valley and Faith 10 years ago, but he never forgot her. Here he is after all that time and the feelings are still there, for both of them. But, 10 years is a long time.

All I want for Christmas
Sweet, wonderful Christmas Novella about twin boys who ask Santa for The Mom for Christmas. Santa delivers, but The Dad needs to get with the Ch/>All/>Home
Lyndi W.
Jul 28, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-star
1.5 STARS I wouldn't have even written a review for this - out of season, two short stories by the same author... I was just going to rate it and move on. But I am so flabbergasted, I have to say something.

Home for Christmas was a cute little short story. No real complaints. It was good for what it was.

But the second story, All I Want for Christmas... are you kidding me? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? YOU MUST BE KIDDING ME.

Nora Roberts is a fabulous writer. Even when I don't like her characters, I believe s/>Home
Leah
Jun 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars:
Home for Christmas
I enjoyed this story. I thought it was sweet. I liked the characters, too. The setting was my favorite part of the story--a small town in New Hampshire on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

3 stars:
All I Want for Christmas
This story was okay. I liked the setting--a small town in Maryland. This one spanned from Labor Day, approximately, to Christmas Eve. I didn't like the MCs, though, but the twins were cute.
Beth
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nothing like a good romance, or two, at Christmastime!
BookishCrab
Dec 15, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance, with-my-girl
Not enough Christmas feels for me.
Rexanne
Sep 16, 2015 rated it it was ok
I'm beginning to think Nora Roberts' novellas aren't worth the hype. This is the 3rd Nora Roberts Omnibus I've purchased, and it's also the 3rd time I've been disappointed.

I won't even bother writing a review about it except this little note right here to remind myself not to expect so much from NR's other omnibus. ..ses? (haha what's the plural of omnibus? ) :(
Tami Winbush
Jan 03, 2019 rated it liked it
A book that should have been read in a day took me a month to finish. Not that any of the stories were bad but they just didn't keep me pulled in.
Mrs. Doglvrs
Dec 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011
Loved both of these little stories about love at Christmastime. :)
Both are about finding love or re-finding it and not just "the 2 of us" but ready made families.
It's always good when you finish a story with a big smile on your face.
P.A. Lupton
Dec 13, 2012 rated it liked it
This book wasn't bad, wasn't great, but a good way to pass some time. It was kind of like an after school special.
Carlise
Oct 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just the kick I needed to get me in the holiday mood

Two good books in one. This was a treat.

Home for Christmas

Jason and a faith were high school sweethearts..Jason left to start building his life while Faith stayed behind. Between young love and misunderstandings, they lost 10 years until Jason came back to town. When he arrives, he finds that he left more than Faith behind.

This was a good story. Some loves never die or fade..they just sit and simmer unti
Kylee
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-to-read
Love Nora Roberts. I know exactly what I'm going to get from her, despite the book I try. Formulaic, maybe. But that's not really ever been a problem for me.

This set of books was... okay. No intrigue, no real angst or true character development. Easy reads to fly through with a mug of cocoa. I guess that's what I was looking for, but I would completely understand disappointment for those who have never read her other work. The novellas scream of age (mobile typewriter, anyone?), and are just a
lora joint
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect Stories for Christmas

I was looking forward to a good Nora Roberts story, I had bought this, then realized I had read both stories years before when I didn't,t have a kindle to look in my library. Anyway read them again, enjoyed even more. Very emotional and heart warming Christmas reading.
Gina
Dec 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is actually two books in one: "The Gift: Home for Christmas" and "All I Want for Christmas".

"Home for Christmas" is about a couple, Jason and Faith. The story moves very quickly.

"All I Want for Christmas", on the other hand, revolves around twin 6-year-old boys who ask Santa for a mom.
Bookworm
Nov 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It’s that time of year again when I pull out the Christmas novels I have yet to read.
This one is one of my new favourites. It consists of two short novels. I had a difficult time putting it down. This is also the first time that I have read a Nora Roberts book and I can’t wait to read another after the holidays.
Edshara
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Home For Christmas was predictable, but still cute. If rated alone though it probably would have gotten 2 or 3 stars.

All I Want For Christmas was the perfect Christmas story and so stinking cute!! I loved the twins and even though Mac was ticking me off, I could understand where he was coming from. This story is what earned this book 4 stars. It was great on its own.
Emilie Davis
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Holiday reading!

Happy endings go hand in hand with Christmas and Nora Roberts knows how to please her readers! Both novellas have rocky beginnings but great endings. You will enjoy both.
Lynnette
Jan 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holiday Wishes

Two awesome Christmas love stories by my favorite author, Nora Roberts!!! In these two stories, Nora brings you the magic of Christmas and of two couples falling in love and becoming a family!!!
Cat Tutt
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Two sweet Christmas novellas. They were both pretty predictable, but to be honest, I tend to like knowing my Christmas books are going to end how I want them to. I thoroughly enjoyed them!

*4 Stars
Katey Hite
Dec 16, 2018 rated it liked it
It was a quick read, but you have to understand she kinda jumps around to make the stories quick. Pay attention. It was nice to read something simple around this time and have hope that there is more to Christmas.
Jen
Dec 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
The first story was good. I had enjoyed it very much and loved the ending. There was so much description that I felt I was in the picture. The second story didn't keep my interest.
BookWormYami
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
4.5 out of 5
Both of the stories in this book were really cute Christmas stories. I just wish each story was longer! Definitely recommend to anybody who loves romance and Christmas stories!
Lora Urquhart-rudisill
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put this book down was drawn into the book with the characters the sleepy towns etc..I can't waif to read another book
Shirley R Scocca
Sweet short read...

Enjoyed this short and holiday festive read. Loved the sweetness for the twin boys and single dad. Perfect for holiday reading....
Opal Sibley
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So sweet

Dads working things out so his twins get a say in their future was so special. I couldn't put it down.
Maida
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heartwarming

These are rereads for me and they’re even better this time around when I’m already a mom and I’m reading them during the season.
Jaime Barfield
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love Christmas stories but Christmas romance! This was terrific.
Carol
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loved both stories. Just in time for Christmas.
Julieanne Baker
Dec 12, 2017 rated it liked it
It's been a while since I've read one of her novellas .... and I'm reminded why I stopped. They are too sappy even for my romantic taste
Kathryn
Dec 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: nw-bookclub
Predictable, but cute stories; total Hallmark movies.
Shamima
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AWWWWW

2 gorgeous cute Christmas romance.

Loved it

Gives you a good happy feeling.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Home in Time for Christmas
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • There's Something about Christmas
  • Under the Mistletoe
  • The Christmas Wish
  • No Place Like Home (Cisco, #1)
  • Mistletoe and Molly
  • The Snow Globe
  • The Christmas Scrapbook (Harmony, #5.5)
  • The Christmas Secret (Christmas Hope, #5)
  • Silver Bells