Start by marking “The Gift: Home for Christmas / All I Want for Christmas” as Want to Read:
The Gift: Home for Christmas / All I Want for Christmas

The Gift: Home for Christmas / All I Want for Christmas

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  5,151 Ratings  ·  139 Reviews
FROM THE INCOMPARABLE MASTER OF ROMANCE NORA ROBERTS COMES TWO TALES OF HOLIDAY LOVE, AVAILABLE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN OVER A DECADE ...

HOME FOR CHRISTMAS

After years of world travel, prizewinning reporter Jason Law returned home to New Hampshire. He had carried the memories of Faith Kirkpatrick, the girl he left behind, for ten years --- now he was determined to win back he
Published October 1st 2004 by Silhouette Books (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about The Gift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gift

Lyndi
Jul 28, 2014 rated it it was ok
1.5 STARS I wouldn't have even written a review for this - out of season, two short stories by the same author... I was just going to rate it and move on. But I am so flabbergasted, I have to say something.

Home for Christmas was a cute little short story. No real complaints. It was good for what it was.

But the second story, All I Want for Christmas... are you kidding me? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? YOU MUST BE KIDDING ME.

Nora Roberts is a fabulous writer. Even when I don't like her characters, I believe
Leah
Jun 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars:
Home for Christmas
I enjoyed this story. I thought it was sweet. I liked the characters, too. The setting was my favorite part of the story--a small town in New Hampshire on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

3 stars:
All I Want for Christmas
This story was okay. I liked the setting--a small town in Maryland. This one spanned from Labor Day, approximately, to Christmas Eve. I didn't like the MCs, though, but the twins were cute.
Rexanne
Sep 16, 2015 rated it it was ok
I'm beginning to think Nora Roberts' novellas aren't worth the hype. This is the 3rd Nora Roberts Omnibus I've purchased, and it's also the 3rd time I've been disappointed.

I won't even bother writing a review about it except this little note right here to remind myself not to expect so much from NR's other omnibus. ..ses? (haha what's the plural of omnibus? ) :(
Mrs. Doglvrs
Dec 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011
Loved both of these little stories about love at Christmastime. :)
Both are about finding love or re-finding it and not just "the 2 of us" but ready made families.
It's always good when you finish a story with a big smile on your face.
P.A. Lupton
Dec 13, 2012 rated it liked it
This book wasn't bad, wasn't great, but a good way to pass some time. It was kind of like an after school special.
Jen
Dec 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
The first story was good. I had enjoyed it very much and loved the ending. There was so much description that I felt I was in the picture. The second story didn't keep my interest.
Maura
Dec 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Willow
Dec 06, 2011 rated it liked it
Everything Nora Roberts writes is character-driven, which is why she's one of my favorites and is always a guaranteed good read. Her worst is better than some people's best, because she's just that good.

That being said, this had both.

Home For Christmas was one of my least favorite set-ups. Rebel without a cause here skipped town and his girlfriend, who he happened to have sex with once, because he needed to see the bright lights of the big city, and of course she couldn't come along because all
Dev
Sep 23, 2007 rated it liked it
Shelves: holiday-romance, 2007
Home for Christmas
This short story was about 107 pages and centered on Jason Law and his ex-girlfriend, Faith Kirkpatrick. Jason’s been gone 10 years has decided it’s time to return home and try to win back the girl he left behind. Jason seemed to have been accepted back too easily and he really didn’t have to work hard to win back the girl or the rest of the town’s people. I wasn’t really that invested in the characters, or the story, for that matter. It was still Okay and had some cute moments
Jeanette
Nov 03, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, roberts-nora
"Home for Christmas" - Jason left New Hampshire right out of high school & returned to his home after 10 years a pulitzer prize winning novelist. He finds the girl he left behind did not wait for him & a lot has happened in those 10 years. He is a hero & everyone is glad to see him again even though he was a troublesome youth being raised by his father who didn't have much use for him.

"The Gift" McCauley was left with twin boys at an early age & he had been hurt badly. He didn't
Amy Johnson
Sep 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Julia
Sep 28, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: written-reviews
This is my first Nora Roberts book, and I am not impressed. This is exactly like my mother's "romance novels" that I used to sneak-read when I was in middle school. Sappy and predictable and unrealistic. That was fine back when I was rather naive (although VC Andrews was on my radar by sixth grade), but now I like descriptive, nasty reads. I can't read this type of book anymore. The characters meet on page 5 and they're married in two weeks after sleeping together once. And they're both "plain b ...more
HÜLYA
Dec 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Nora Roberts'in kalemini gittiçe daha çok seviyorum.Hayat Bir Mucizedir Tam da öyle ikinci şans hikayesi idi..Özellikle gençlik aşklarını okumayı sevenlerin bu romanı daha da çok seveceğini inanıyorum..
Yıllar önce terkettiği kasabasına Noel tatili için geri dönen ünlü gazeteci Jason Law yarım kalan aşkı Faith Monroe'yu hiç unutamamıştı..
Onunla karşılaştığında da aralarındaki aşkın hiç de bitmediğini görünce şansını tekrar denemeye karar vermişti..Fakat Faith'in hala ona oldukça kırgın olduğunu g
Veronica Berger
Jan 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Just a standard romance story. That's why I gave it three stars. It was very predictable, as are most romance stories. But, it was cute and a very fast read. I had it finished in just a few days. It's a good read for those who need a little romance in their lives. It won't take you away and keep you up all night. It was easy to put down and pick back up again, which is why I enjoy Nora Roberts so much. Her novels are much better, ones with a story, a plot, some mystery, and romance entwined in a ...more
Deirdre
Jan 06, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Two stories set around Christmas, written by Nora Roberts during her Harlequin writing period, one published in 1986 and the other in 1994.

Jason Law returns from travel abroad wondering about the girl he left behind, Faith Kirkpatrick, she has responsibilities he has wanderlust but can the two of them have a satisfying resolution to their mutual desire?

Zeke and Zach are twins who want a new mother from santa Their teacher Miss Davis looks perfect, but can they convince their dad?

Oh yeah, they'r
Stephanie
Dec 29, 2011 rated it liked it
Thanks Carla for giving me an enjoyable "romantic" Christmas book....really enjoyed the twin boys age 6 that were only asking for "the mom" and bikes for Christmas...3 different stories, all a bit cheesy, but fit right into the romance, feel good after work through the miscommunication (please just communicate w/ one another already--:) and had me up reading late into the night---Hedlun got some benefits though:)
Maria
Dec 20, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Two Christmas stories in one book. Both were sweet and very Christmasy. I finished the last one on Christmas eve, listening to Frank Sinatra singing Christmas songs. A perfect soundtrack.

I liked "All I want for Christmas" better of the two. I liked Nell a lot. And who can say No two those sweet twins Zeke and Zach?!

Both stories were a bit short, I like Nora Roberts style of elaborating and embellish her world so it get depth and believability.
Gloria
Dec 19, 2012 rated it liked it

My first Nora Roberts novel!

Actually I got another edition, also including the story "gabriels' angel".

Home for christmas: the shortest story. A little predictable.
Gabriels' angel: the longest story, maybe too long. Also predictable.
All I want for christmas: not too long, not too short. Refreshing plot, actually. Kind of funny. The best out of the three! Glad they kept this one for last ;-).

I didn't really get the christmas feeling, but it's a nice book.
Brandi
Jan 04, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone who loves a touching story!
You get two great stories in this book. Great book to read during the holidays. It's about Christmas miracles and Christmas wishes. They had me in tears by the end of the story. The first story is about a reporter who left home and returned ten years later to find the girl he left behind and a couple other surprises. The second story is about twin boys who make out a Christmas list and only wish for "the mom". Both very touching!
Marianne
Nov 26, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: holiday
Home For Christmas: I just finished this story and it was really a nice, heartwarming, perfect kind of Christmas story. I sort guessed the "surprise" before it was told but it all worked out perfectly in the end. A little cheesy but hey it's Christmas!

All I want for Christmas: Another cheesy cute story. Again totally predictable but it's a Christmas story :)
Dawn ♥ romance
Oct 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas
A couple pleasant 3.5* holiday stories that seemed vaguely familiar. Either I read them before or they were made into movies or the plots just very common. 1) World reporter Jason returns to his small town and childhood sweetheart Faith. 2) New music teacher Nell in small town meets Mac and his twin sons.
Diane
Nov 08, 2011 rated it liked it
It's been a long time since I read any Nora Roberts, but these two stories are pretty good. I was impressed with being able to read some quite descriptive bedroom scenes and not feel like I had just crawled up out of the sewer - now that's some good writing! I would recommend this book for light, enjoyable Christmas reading.
DM
Feb 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I can't even express how much I love this book! It's simply amazing!! In the first story, "Home for Christmas" the romance and chemistry between the characters is just wonderful. In the second, "All I Want for Christmas" the innocence of Zeke and Zack, identical twin boys, and their wish for "the mom" is deeply touching. All in all, it's a great read for any romance fanatic out there.
Amy  Brobst
May 29, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Nora roberts fan
Recommended to Amy by: no one
Both are really great Christmas stories. Home for Christmas was about a reunion between lovers, and Faith has a child. Jason’s child. Very heartwarming.
All I want for Christmas. I love the twins. They are so adorable. Miracles are abound in this story- when Nell shows up, the twins believe that Santa Claus is answering their letter about getting a mom for Christmas. A made to order mom.
Jennifer Erwin
Mar 31, 2016 rated it liked it
My run this morning didn't go as well as planned, so I cut it short. The park we met at has a Little Free Library in it. As I was waiting for my running buddy to finish, I decided to check out the library and I saw this inside it. I read it many years ago (and I think I actually own it but can't remember). It is 2 cute Christmas stories. I enjoyed it.
Alayne
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a compendium of two short stories and a longer story. The two short stories were great. The longer one was annoying to me because of the over-thinking that the heroine was doing! But as usual Nora Roberts has written good and compelling plots and characters in a set of entertaining stories.
Heather
Dec 02, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: holiday
Maybe I'm just sappy during the holiday season, but I'm truly enjoying these Christmas stories! Although I'm always a hopeless romantic, and his book is all about the magic of hope and love. Very sweet, very Christmas-y.
Lee
Nov 13, 2011 rated it liked it
Another Christmas tradition - a Christmas story by Nora Roberts! This had 2 Christmas stories and one non holiday story. Exactly what you would expect from this queen of romance writer for the holidays
Christine
Apr 05, 2008 rated it it was ok
Easy read.... a predictable romance. IT's actually 2 books in one and you can honestly read each book in one sitting. Heart warming if you are looking for a happy ending with a Xmas spirit! Not my fave kind of read but worked for a quick mindless read!
Mitch
Nov 28, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Hopeless Romantics
Shelves: roberts-nora
There are 2 stories plus a bonus one for a total of 3.

"Home for Christmas", "All I Want for Christmas" & the bonus "Gabriel's Angel".

All short and good but it's Nora Roberts, anything she does is good.
  • There's Something about Christmas
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Home in Time for Christmas
  • The Christmas Wish
  • The Christmas Secret (Christmas Hope, #5)
  • Silver Bells
  • Under the Mistletoe
  • Silver Bells
  • Mistletoe and Molly
  • Heating Up The Holidays
  • The Snow Globe
  • Under the Mistletoe (Spencer-Nyle Co, #2.5)
  • The Christmas Scrapbook (Harmony, #5.5)
More about Nora Roberts...