Start by marking “Seasons of the Storm (Seasons of the Storm, #1)” as Want to Read:
Seasons of the Storm (Seasons of the Storm, #1)

Seasons of the Storm

(Seasons of the Storm #1)

One cold, crisp night, Jack Sommers was faced with a choicelive forever according to the ancient, magical rules of Gaia, or die.

Jack chose to live, and in exchange, he became a Winteran immortal physical embodiment of the season on Earth. Every year, he must hunt the Season who comes before him. Summer kills Spring. Autumn kills Summer. Winter kills Autumn. And Spring
Expected publication: June 23rd 2020 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about Seasons of the Storm, please sign up.
Elle Cosimano There will be a sequel in 2021.…moreThere will be a sequel in 2021. (less)

Start your review of Seasons of the Storm (Seasons of the Storm, #1)
MischaS_
Jan 10, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: cannot-wait
13/01: Serious question, what is it with me and getting declined for the arcs for all books I'm super excited for?

Me reading the blurb.

destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
1) this sounds so cool (no pun intended)

2) I think this is literally one of the prettiest covers I have EVER seen. I can't stop staring at it. Wow.

Thank you so much to HarperTeen for providing me with this ARC in exchange for an honest review!
Nadhira Satria
YALL I'M GETTING SICK AND TIRED OF GETTING DISAPPOINTED OVER NEW RELEASES.
I'm really disappointed with this one. It really met none of my expectations and it's so different from what I was expecting. I feel like everything was out of place and I just didn't like the worldbuilding or the pacing. I don't connect with the characters at all and it's just feel flat. I skimmed most part of the book since i felt like I didn't care anymore.

ARC provided by Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review
Ashlee » Library In The Country
JACK FROST!? This book sounds amazing.
Candace Robinson
ARC received via publisher!
Nenia ⚡ Aspiring Evil Overlord ⚡ Campbell
I just love the idea of people becoming physical manifestations of the four seasons.

Please tell me this was inspired by Vivaldi's Four Seasons Suite.
ʙᴇʟʟᴀ.: ☾**:.☆*.:。.
Jack and Fleur, a Winter and a Spring, fall for each other against all odds.

I WANT IT, I NEED IT, TAKE MY MONEY, PLEASE.

Mara YA Mood Reader
Jan 01, 2020 marked it as to-read
Reading the blurb like, hmmm...ok....Oh wow. Then, wait, Jack? Like Jack Frost? Like a Jack Frost retelling? No effing way man sign me the eff up!
Davina Herondale
Mar 08, 2020 marked it as to-read
8. March 2020

This is fan service for all of us who thirsted after Jack Frost from Rise of the Guardians. Prove me wrong😂
Tani
Jan 12, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Hype me up, don't let me down.
Cindy ✩☽♔
Dec 27, 2019 marked it as to-read
How have I not heard of this book until now? And that cover? Gorgeous! I cant wait to see how this goes. ...more
Kilikina
Ok but this sounds fucking AMAZING. June 2020 cant come fast enough!!! ...more
Ashley
Dec 10, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2020-june
This book description makes me want to run around (somewhere not here in the land of no snow- FL) in the snow and dance & make snow angels & dance with the snow flakes like a snow sprite and (when late jan/early feb comes) congratulate them on their new love with Spring...

I feel like maybe i took that a little too far but whatevs🤷♀ i am HERE for this!
THIS SOUNDS SO MAGICAL UGH I CANT. WAIT.

WINTER FALLING IN LOVE WITH SPRING? ITS LIKE ROMEO & JULIET OF THE SEASONS!
rachel ☾
◯ Review copy provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Blog Goodreads Twitter Instagram The Book Depository
Gaia
Mar 08, 2020 marked it as to-read
i read my name in the summary, i add it to my tbr.
L.C. Perry
Oct 19, 2019 marked it as must-have
I. Want. This. Book. Omg it sounds so cool
Diana Bautista
Oct 20, 2019 marked it as to-read
*whispering* please be good, please be good, please be good
Georgina
Feb 17, 2020 marked it as to-read
I'm sorry... Humans who become seasons that have to HUNT each other?!!!!

TAKE MY MONEY!
manonsense & books
Nov 27, 2019 marked it as tbr-anticipated-releases
A guy called Sommers becoming a Winter

*i see what you did there author*

Winter and Spring falling in love (Spring is my fav season & Winter my least fav season I'm hyPED), being complete opposites and having to ultimately kill each other???

And through their star-crossed romance, they're basically going to provoke the apocalypse?
Count me the f in.

Needless to say; I'm very excited about this release.
High hopes I have.

*sigh*
Sofia Samu
Dec 29, 2019 marked it as to-read
I'm in love with this cover
Benjamin (The Maniac)
Nov 23, 2019 marked it as to-read
*Reads the synopsis*

Normal people: "Jack Frost!".

Me: "Hell yeah, Tinker Bell".
Kenzie The Dragon Queen
Jan 30, 2020 marked it as to-read
This seems like it has a super cool and unique premise! Also, this cover is amazing! Its so beautiful. ...more
Micaela Muldoon
Jun 09, 2019 marked it as to-read
Romance between the seasons, spring and winter trying to be together... mythological swooooon!
Priscilla
Feb 22, 2020 marked it as to-read
I need this NOW! 😭
Meha
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was ok
I received an eARC from Eidelweiss.

1.5 stars. I really wanted to like this book but the concept felt unrealised and poorly developed throughout. It all felt like a bunch of stock YA characters and plots put together and nothing really came to life for me. I just didnt care about any of the characters or their relationships, none of the stakes felt like they mattered and I ended up just skimming most of this book. I dont really feel like it left any impression on me.
Sara
Jan 07, 2020 rated it liked it
(I received an ARC from Edelweiss)

This review might get into tiny spoilers so avoid if you want to go in blind! I wanted to like this a lot more than I did. I loved the world and I loved Jack. The whole idea is amazing, but the execution was just kind of meh?

Most importantly, I wished it was one point of view. The switch between Fleur and Jack would have helped if it progressed their romance a bit more but I ended up just wondering why on earth they'd risk their lives for each other. I think if
Last Book Marauder
Feb 01, 2020 marked it as to-read
I didn't know how much I have been waiting for a Jack Frost book until now. Plus, that freaking coverrrrrrr
Vee_Bookish
Jan 26, 2020 marked it as to-read
i would die for this cover
Kira Simion
Oct 17, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2020-to-read
The cover is prettier than the blurb, but I am definitely intrigued.
Hanna
Oct 16, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: upcoming
This sounds so predictable but they got me when they name dropped Maggie Stiefvater and Laini Taylor.

• The Shadows Between Us
  • A Song of Wraiths and Ruin (A Song of Wraiths and Ruin, #1)
  • All the Stars and Teeth (All the Stars and Teeth, #1)
  • The Betrothed (The Betrothed, #1)
  • Upright Women Wanted
  • Havenfall (Havenfall, #1)
  • Loveboat, Taipei (Loveboat, Taipei, #1)
  • A Treason of Thorns
  • Girl, Serpent, Thorn
  • Coldhearted Boss
  • Give the Dark My Love (Give the Dark My Love, #1)
  • The Fine Art of Losing Control
  • The Unspoken Name (The Serpent Gates, #1)
  • House of Dragons (House of Dragons, #1)
  • All Your Twisted Secrets
  • Anna K
  • Sisters of Sword and Song
  • Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)
Author of NEARLY GONE, NEARLY FOUND, HOLDING SMOKE, THE SUFFERING TREE, and SEASONS OF THE STORM (coming June 23, 2020). Represented by Sarah Davies of The Greenhouse Literary Agency.