Start by marking “Key of Valour (Key Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Key of Valour (Key Trilogy, #3)

Key of Valour

(Key Trilogy #3)

Do you believe in magic?' When Zoe McCourt was sixteen she had been dazzled by the handsome and wealthy James Marshall. He had taken her innocence and left her to bring up their child alone. Now, after ten years of struggle, Zoe's life is finally coming together. Her son, Simon, is her pride and joy, and she is about to venture into business with her new-found friends ...more
Paperback
Published May 1st 2004 by Piatkus Books (first published December 30th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Key of Valour, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Key of Valour

Start your review of Key of Valour (Key Trilogy, #3)
Dina
This final installment in the Key trilogy was the weakest for me. I don't know, maybe I shouldn't have read all three books in a row, because reading about the tale of the three demigoddesses' souls trapped in a box of glass and how three mortal women, the heroines, were destined to find the "keys" to release them got a bit stale this time around. It was pretty much the same basic thing all over again, and neither Zoe nor Brad, the couple du jour, was compelling enough to engage my full ...more
Kimberley doruyter
good ending to a good trilogy.
i will be reading more nora roberts in future.
Mary
Sep 25, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Of all the Key books, at a glance, it was the title of this book that already spoke volumes to me.

Fiction books have always captured me. Being able to slip into worlds I'll never step foot on. Stepping into the shoes of the hero. Feeling the laughter bubble in my gut when the humor and sarcasm of such characters pop out of the page. The warm feeling of sunlight in my chest when I see the clarity and intensity of love between family, friends and lovers. I can keep going with many more euphemisms
Carrie
Waring this review is more personal then about the book.

Books are magical. Pure magic. I've been in a rut lately, I've lost both of my grandparents with in a period of 5 weeks of each other. It's been 2 months for one and a month the other. It's been hard and only made harder and more real on Sunday when the family went through their stuff. And that night the smells and memories of childhood (I lived with them from the age of 4 to 21) hit me hard. The reality that I won't smell these smells or
Aly
Apr 03, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Magic, destiny and gods, that's the new reality of Zoe McCourt for the past two months. The preparations for the upcoming opening of three new combined shop at the same adress with her friends are well advanced. Malory will handle the art galery, Dana manage the library/tea room and Zoe have the beauty salon. But now it's her time to search for the last key to save the souls of three goddesses. The pressure is stronger on her since Dana and Mallory already found theirs so if she fail, everyone ...more
Jacob Proffitt
The best of the trilogy, though not by a huge margin. If you've read the others, you know what you're getting into so I'll keep my remarks short.

At the start, Roberts takes Simon (Zoe's son) off the table as an attack vector for Cain. This is absolutely essential to prevent Simon from taking over the story. Also, it allows Brad to develop a natural relationship with Simon and seeing that evolve was a lot of the charm of the book.

I was a bit worried that Zoe would make a lousy warrior type and
Andreea
I absolutely loved the relationship between Simon and Brad..
Nancy Brady
The third and final book in this trilogy equals the first two. It's Zoe's quest to find the third and final key to unlock the Daughters of Glass. Added into the mix is romance and intrigue as she examines her past in light of her present. Kane tries to tempt her into giving into despair while Bradley does his utmost to win the love of Zoe, the warrior of the trio that includes Dana and Malory.

Will she succeed in finding the key before her month is up, or will the quest be a failure? What does
Branwen Sedai *of the Brown Ajah*
"I think you should do what makes you happy. And sometimes doing what makes you happy is harder and scarier than doing what's safe."

In this third and last book in Nora Robert's Key trilogy Zoe must come to terms with her past and her present if she is to locate the final key, the Key of Valor, and release the three daughters from their imprisonment.

I really can't say enough about this series. It is such a perfect blend of magic, mystery, and romance. I loved learning more about Zoe in this book
Anita
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Third and final book of the Key Trilogy has single mother Zoe and wealthy hottie Brad up for the search for the third and final key that will unlock the prison the Sisters of Glass have been in for three thousand years. There was more than it's fair share of angst and a lot of soul searching, which got tedious at times. Kane, the baddie, didn't seem to bring his A-Game to this one either. I would definitely recommend reading the other books as a lot just wouldn't make sense if you don't.
Cyndi
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Such a wonderful book!!! This ends the trilogy of the keys. And, it goes out with a bang! Nora Roberts has the gift of bringing all three books together seamlessly, building on the excitement in each book, then wrapping it all up to a beautiful happy ending.
~Cyanide Latte~
At last I can put this trilogy to rest, knowing that what I attempted to try all those years ago in high school, I've finally done.

Out of all the books in this trilogy, I think this might be my second favorite, but don't hold me to that statement. As far as being the conclusion to the story that began in Key of Light, this book was really a nice way to wrap up the greater story that happens throughout the trilogy. We get to see our underdog of the protagonists, Zoe, face the challenge to find
Sharath
description

Aesthetics showing a Key of Light firstly, flowing into Wits by Key of Knowledge and finally facing off Key of Valor...

Story :

Key trilogy is a story of Beauty, Knowledge and Courage. Three women, who were on the verge of losing their current jobs suddenly gets an invitation to a place called Warrior's peak. There they are given an intriguing yet interesting responsibilities each and suitable reward for the same.

According to the task, each must find a Key which unlocks the glass coffin where
Stephanie Kline
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really solid series by Nora, and this final installment might be the strongest of all. I loved Zoe McCourt, her sweet son, Simon, and her relationship with Brad. I loved the angst and tension surrounding the search for the final missing key - the one that would finally unlock the trapped souls of three demigoddesses. Beyond the far-fetched, at times silly, story line, I really was totally absorbed in this book.

Zoe's past was not an easy one. She'd grown up in a trailer park, with an
Liza Wiemer
This may have been my favorite of all three. But then again, reading these back to back made the experience so much better and satisfying! Love the Irish mythology and the HEAs!
Kathy
Feb 28, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Zoe and Bradley...and Simon...

Zoe - hairdresser, mother, resourceful, ... Pitte refers to her as both Little Warrior and Little Mother. Abandoned by father, oldest of 4, mother a hairdresser from their trailer... at 16 she fell in 17 year old, son of one of her mother's rich client. When she comes up pregnant, he abadones her and her mother ridicules her. She leaves home, and begins a path to caring for herself and Simon.

Simon is now 10... they live in a small house of their own, where she did a
Lauren
Aug 08, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A satisfying end to a pretty decent trilogy. It was a little predictable after reading the 1st 2 novels but that's to be expected with trilogies like this.

In the first & second book I was a very big fan of Zoe but once I read her story... I didn't really care for her too much. But she is a loving mother & very much a Little Warrior.

Brad - the good guy, perfection on earth, there was absolutely nothing wrong with him... and yet - Ugh! Can you say boring?!?

Simon however was such a little
Robin
Jun 30, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009
It is true. I have no self-restraint and stayed up way too late reading this book (of course, it might also have something to do with drinking a latte at 5 in the afternoon!). Of the series, this was the story that I was most looking forward to reading. The first two books both offered lots of lead-up to this story of the third seeker, which was very appropriate considering the characters involved. Unfortunately, it just didn't satisfy whatever it was I was looking for. The lead-up in the ...more
Joshua
A lot of the same as the first two books, but nonetheless, a good conclusion to a solid trilogy.
I found all three books to be sharp, engaging, and witty. Roberts is good at mixing fantasy elements with contemporary fiction. Nothing profound or groundbreaking here, just a fun story. While I didn't find Zoe as interesting as Malory or Dana, I thought she was much more self aware and mature. I liked that all three girls were very different too.
Christine Kirchoff
I read this awhile ago but forgot to post it here. Great book!
Alix
Jul 30, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
4.5 Stars. Yeah... this series is all about Zoe and Brad. And Simon. OMG he's an adorable sweetheart.

Reread: August 2013

Reread: September 2015
Wendy
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The last book in the Key Trilogy and I like this one the most. The characters of Malory, Dana, and Zoe are as likeable as ever. Love their relationships with each other and with their significant others. But, Zoe is most complex. A single mother from age 16, she's been through a lot and is set on making a good life for herself and her son. Any decisions she makes, she has to consider how it affects her son too. Of course, the quest for the 3 keys is coming to a head. If Zoe fails, then what went ...more
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews
What an awesome conclusion in the Key Trilogy. The characters, and the plot were so good. I loved this one so much, i really overal think this is a fantastic series. It has it all, Celtic Gods, Magic, Fate, Romance, and so much more.
Erin **Coffee, Book, Essential Oils Addict**
The final book in the series. I loved it! Nora makes these characters come to life and brings the reader on the journey. It was a joyous journey from start to finish. And this book was the most perfect ending. A happy ending for the key journey and a happy ending for the characters.
Kristen Lancia
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great series!!
Ariel
Quick, fun trilogy.
Emily
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I love you Grandma, but thank goodness these are over. See my review for the first book.
Lakeyshia Mayo
Oct 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the book but felt it didn't draw me in like the first two. there were times where my interest wasn't there. overall I rate it a 3 1/2 to 4 stars. I did love how Brad and Simon had a great relationship!!
Sophie
Mar 13, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: alt-reality, romance
Fluffly light and good fun.
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Zoe McCourt is a single mom and the last of three women destined to open the box of souls. What Zoe doesn't have time for Bradley "Brad" Charles Vane IV. Ever since Brad purchased a painting, he's been haunted by the woman that looks like Zoe McCourt. All he wants to do is help the single mom by spending time with her and her son. Zoe sees Brad out of her league and plans on keeping him at arms length. Searching for clues in Zoe's past leads her to a startling discovery about herself. What does ...more

Key Trilogy (3 books)
  • Key of Light (Key Trilogy, #1)
  • Key of Knowledge (Key Trilogy, #2)
“Yes, that was part of it.” She linked her fingers, then pulled them apart. “It’s like another brick, Bradley, and I haven’t figured out if it’s like having that brick put down on a walk to give me a good, solid path or like having it mortared into a wall that’s closing me in.” He stared at her, astonished fury pulsing around him. “Who’s trying to close you in? That’s a hell of a thing to put on me, Zoe.” “It’s not you. It’s not about you. It’s about me. What I think, what I feel, what I do. And damn it, I can’t help it if it makes you mad that I have to decide if it’s a wall or a walk.” “A wall or a walk,” he repeated, then took a slug of beer. “Christ, I actually understand that. I’d rather I didn’t.” “It made me feel pushed, and I get mad when I’m pushed. It’s not your fault or your doing, but it doesn’t feel like it’s mine either. I guess I don’t like dealing with what’s not my fault or my doing.” “He was a stupid son of a bitch for letting you go.” She let out a sigh. “He didn’t let me go. He just didn’t hold on to me. And that stopped making me mad a long time ago.” She moved to the stove, took the lid off her pot. “There was something else that happened. I’m going to finish making this meal, and I’ll tell you and the others about it over dinner.” “Zoe.” He touched her shoulder, then opened a cupboard to look for plates. “About those bricks? You can always knock a wall down, and build a nice walk out of it.” 0 likes
“- E existe alhuma coisa mais importante do que o amor? - perguntou Malory, recolhendo um olhar lento e silencioso de Pitte.” 0 likes