Start by marking “Nancy Drew: #1-64” as Want to Read:
Nancy Drew: #1-64

Nancy Drew: #1-64

Nancy Drew has been solving mysteries, and delighting fans, for over 75 years. Now, for the first time, you can purchase all sixty-four classic Nancy Drew titles in one complete set!
#1: The Secret of the Old Clock
#6: The Secret of Red Gate Farm
#7: The Clue in the
Hardcover
Published October 11th 2006 by Grosset & Dunlap

To ask other readers questions about Nancy Drew, please sign up.
Amanda These are the books that sparked my interest to read in elementary school. I would highly recommend these to all young girls!

Start your review of Nancy Drew: #1-64
Lena
May 08, 2008 rated it really liked it
These books are primarily responsible for the fact that as a girl I regularly stayed up way past my bedtime. I'd tell my mother I would go to bed as soon as I finished my chapter, but since every single chapter ended in a cliffhanger, I had no choice but to keep going late into the night...
Ciara Anderson
Mar 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Kids today say that Harry Potter got them to enjoy reading. For me, it was Nancy Drew.
Mackey
As a young girl I spent so many long hot days of summer reading each and every one of the Nancy Drew books. I could review each one separately, but it seemed easier to just do this. Carolyn Keene was a master at keeping a young girl's attention - there was just the right amount of mystery, very mild romance and innocent fun as Nancy and her pals sleuthed around solving not-so gruesome mysteries and murders. I assume that I love reading more adult-like thrillers and suspense today because of the ...more
Rae
Apr 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya-childrens
I read all of these when I was in my pre-teens. They had a tremendous impact on my reading patterns and my personal life. The simple mysteries solved in each book steered me toward more sophisticated mystery reading. The fact that these mysteries were also read by my mother in her youth brought us closer together and made me want to know what else she had read.

Nancy taught me to always be prepared for any situation and to keep a cool head and not panic when facing the unknown. She also taught me
Amy
Nov 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
All I can remember is the hours I spent pouring through these books. One after the other. I give them 5 stars because of my memory of pure happiness while I read these books.
Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen)
When I was 9-13 I made it my mission to read the initial 64 books in the Nancy Drew series. Then when I completed those, I went on to read a couple dozen of the later editions. I love this series. It's probably a little dated, but I still love so much about it. I love the characters. I still love the fun formulaic dynamic. I love the mysteries. This series changed my relationship with reading, and I think it's still a great series for children (especially young girls).

I know there were some book
April Aasheim
Sep 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
I read them all between the ages of 10-14. The Nancy Drew stories got me into the love of reading. While some of the stories are a bit clunky and predictable, I love that the protagonist was a smart, caring young woman who used her brain to get things done.

I reread a few of these recently and I have to say that the earlier editions are MUCH better than those revised in the 1950s. The 1950s version makes Nancy much meeker and more domestic, a sign of the times, but she loses that fire and brainpo
Julie
Feb 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Goodreads finally listed the entire collection as a group entry, so now I can shelve these as favorites. I can honestly say that no other children's book influenced me more. I love you, Nancy!
Shauli Chaudhuri
Jan 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I grew up reading Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys, Three Investigators, etc. Then a number of years back, I bought the complete series of Nancy Drew books for my daughter. And guess what the genre is for most of my daughter's own books (written by her as part of the Young Author's Program in her school)? Detective mysteries with a girl detective as the central character! I believe little girls should read this series -- they will see Nancy as a bright, smart, kind, responsible, and courageous young woman ...more
Cheesecake
Have I read all 64? Probably. I read every single one I could get my hands on when I was about 10. Quite a few were originally my mothers!
Fond memories of curling up with Nancy drew and watching the Hardy Boys on TV ; )
Valerie
Jan 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite series as a kid! I started reading these when I was 7 years old, and by the time I was about 12, I had the whole collection. I would read them over & over & over... LOVED them!! ...more
Clare
Aug 11, 2010 rated it really liked it
I own all these books and have read them all. I'm not a real big mystery fan, but Nancy Drew is amazing. Unlike Sherlock Holmes, the reader isn't completely left in the dark when it comes to clues. Unlike Miss Marple the reader follows Nancy and slowly solves the mysteries instead of the whole thing concluding in a chapter. These books are really only light reading -- there's not much profound thought here, I mean -- but I highly recommend them to people who aren't particularly big on mystery.
B
Aug 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I have loved reading ever since I have learned! My parents were divorced and lived in two different cities and I had to fly on a plane twice every other weekend to visit them. These Nancy Drew series got me through this troubling time in my life by keeping me focused on the content and mysteries in the book!
Wendy
Mar 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: classics, children
My big sister collected these books and we both read and re-read them. Back in the 1970s, my Dad lived in a 1-room cabin out in the country. No TV. As an avid reader, I read almost all of these 64 books. I know she did not have the compete series, but close to it. I was aware there was no real Carolyn Keene, but a reader would never have known that. The mysteries were good clean romps. I was aware they were a bit sexist, but did not knoq til recent research the series were rewritten to be less r ...more
Tamara Lane
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved the Nancy Drew series as a girl. My best friend and I each wrote the list of titles on loose leaf paper and checked them off as we read them. An early method of keeping track of our progress much like Goodreads does for me today.
Jordan Harris
Jun 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
I read the series (#1-64) starting around 3rd grade and finished around maybe 4th or 5th grade. The Nancy Drew books were basically the first chapter books I read when I started reading (I know 3rd grade seems pretty late, but when you go to a Waldorf school, that's pretty typical). All I can say is that I was hooked from the first book and absolutely loved the series, and kept one of the lists that is found at the back of almost every book so I could keep track of what books I still had to read ...more
Colleen Chi-Girl
These were my childhood f and I read everyone of them at least twice. My favorites, I read over and over again. I think these books in part helped form my feminism, even as a young girl. (That and the biographies I read about women>) ...more
Tammy
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved these books so much as a child! Tempted to collect the complete set just for some fun nostalgia!
Cherrey Mae
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Nancy Drew mystery series got me hooked into reading. I saved up my school money when I was 10-12 yrs old just so I could binge-read on Nancy Drew for the whole week. Becoming a detective were one of the things I aspired growing up, but it just seemed impossible to do so in my country's backward justice system and lackadaisical police intelligence. I know I missed only a few books in this series. It would be great to have a chance to get all of these series in a collection.
Sara Parker
Jan 21, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
These books are full of childhood memories. I would search for them in every bookstore I entered. From a child's perspective they are wildly entertaining, but as an adult I know my youthful ignorance looked over a key element. If you've read one, you've read them all. The mysteries are all different of course, but the plot line hardly meanders. Nancy is attacked, she discovers a mystery behind the attack, she tries to solve the mystery, she is kidnapped or otherwise detained, she is rescued, she ...more
Anna
Sep 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Ok, I don't think I made it all the way to 64, but didn't want to enter these all individually. Childhood favorites. Strong female herione. Yeah, maybe these are a little predictable, but I loved them and they definitely contributed to my childhood and are a stepping stone to making me the reader I am today.
Sarah (thegirltheycalljones)
My whole life is a lie. I never made the connection between the famous Nancy Drew I kept hearing about and my beloved Alice. THEY'RE THE SAME PERSON. ALICE IS NOT CALLED ALICE. I'm crying.

Kristy
Jan 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Read these in junior high I think and I really liked them. I bought them for my kids and Reanne could barely get through one. The new generation is automatically spoiled, I think, when they have already read books like Harry Potter, Eragon, and Fablehaven. Oh well.
Mo
May 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Some of the books in this series are eh eh, but worth reading if you like mysteries. These books, along with others, instilled a love for reading in me.
Katherine Brittain
Who could be a girl child and not read Nancy Drew?
Emily V
Nov 27, 2017 is currently reading it
Nancy Drew is an excellent mystery series!
Banita K. Negi
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
These were my lifeline as a kid.
Rohit Arora
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In my teens, I took a membership of the local library in Delhi. There I saw all the series of Nancy drew lined up in one corner of the room. Out of curiosity I picked #3 The Bungalow Mystery and was immediately hooked to it. After that I read almost all the series. I must say that I developed my reading habit because of the great Nancy drew series. I am now planning to gift first two books to my niece who will enter her pre teens next year...

Must read for all teenagers.

Drew Rodriguez
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
These are the books that made me discover I really like investigative, science-fiction kind of stuff. These are the books that really made me engaged into reading; I learned the basics of reading here like how using and looking into a dictionary is really helpful if you want to learn what you're reading and not just read for pleasure. Each book is different and exciting.

• Hardy Boys Complete Series Set Books 1-66 (The Hardy Boys, #1-66)
  • The Little House Collection (Little House, #1-9)
  • The Complete Anne of Green Gables Boxed Set (Anne of Green Gables, #1-8)
  • The Time Quartet Box Set (Time Quartet, #1-4)
  • The Ramona Collection, Vol. 1: (Ramona #1-#4)
  • The Boxcar Children 1-4 (The Boxcar Children, #1-4)
  • Samantha's Boxed Set (The American Girls Collection/Boxed Set)
  • Judy Blume Boxed Set (Fudge-a-Mania / Otherwise Known as Sheila the Great / Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing / Superfudge)
  • Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm
  • The Secret of the Mansion
  • The Babysitters Club
  • The Mysterious Visitor (Trixie Belden, #4)
  • The Bobbsey Twins of Lakeport (Bobbsey Twins, #1)
  • The Great Airport Mystery (The Hardy Boys, #9)
  • Secret 7 Series (15 Book Collection Set) By Enid Blyton (Secret-Seven)
  • The Missing Chums (The Hardy Boys, #4)
  • Soccer Duel: There are two sides to every story...
  • Magic Tree House: #1-4