Start by marking “No One Is Too Small to Make a Difference” as Want to Read:
No One Is Too Small to Make a Difference

No One Is Too Small to Make a Difference

The groundbreaking speeches of Greta Thunberg, the young climate activist who has become the voice of a generation, including her historic address to the United Nations

In August 2018 a fifteen-year-old Swedish girl, Greta Thunberg, decided not to go to school one day in order to protest the climate crisis. Her actions sparked a global movement, inspiring millions of
Published November 12th 2019 by Penguin Books (first published May 30th 2019)

Start your review of No One Is Too Small to Make a Difference
Rebecca McNutt
*UPDATE: The comments on this review I've been getting are piling up like crazy, and it now takes two whole pages to display them all along the bottom. Look, call me Satan incarnate, but I am never going to care about climate change, nor can you convert me to do so. If you don't like my review, don't click the 'like' button. Please move on - further comments after the date of this update post will be removed because I'm sick of managing them. We are all going to die from climate change, right? ...more
Sean Barrs the Bookdragon
My review got posted on Plant Based News - the world's leading website for vegan news, exciting times!

description

It’s been a long time since I felt any hope. Year in year out we seem to only get worse as a species. More and more incompetent leaders are elected into positions of power and we push the planet further and further to
Kat Valentine
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Science (Fiction) Comedy Horror and Fantasy Geek/Nerd a.k.a Mario
ENGLISH

To have achieved more in this age than others in one's life speaks for itself. And an ode to "haters gonna hate".

It can not be put into words how great this movement is. Nobody has so far been able to positively mobilize the youth of the 21st century to such an extent. Spotlighting the topics of climate change, environmental degradation and the stupidity of the economy, as trivialized by the leading media. To describe the positive could fill volumes.

But now to the haters, who
☘Misericordia☘ ~ The Serendipity Aegis ~  ⚡ϟ⚡ϟ⚡⛈ ✺❂❤❣
Not impressed.

Rating. We start at 5 stars:
+6 stars: I give it an extra star for the author's devotion to nature (+1 star), young age (+1 star), determination (+1 star), mental illness (+1 star), another +1 star so that she wouldn't cry (or sulk or whatever she does to terrorize her parents) and for everything else that I couldn't give a damn to care to remember or list (+1 star).
-1 star for repetitiveness
-1 star for no solutions suggested
-1 star for boring writing, as she isn't 8 to write so
Matt
Basically, in a world in which a great number of policy makers are loosing their marbles 16-year-old Greta Thunberg is demanding of those “world leaders” to finally listen to the crushing majority of scientists and start doing something reasonable before we loose the one blue marble our all lives depend on.

What the Fuck is wrong with that?

________
[Update 05 November 2019]

11,000+ scientists (and Greta) warn of ‘untold suffering’: World Scientists’ Warning of a Climate Emergency
An immense
Riku Sayuj
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"We cannot solve a crisis without treating it as a crisis.

To all of you who choose to look the other way every day because you seem more frightened of the changes that can prevent catastrophic climate change than the catastrophic climate change itself.

Your silence is almost worst of all.

The future of all the coming generations rests on your shoulders.

Those of us who are still children can’t change what you do now once we’re old enough to do something about it.

So please, treat the climate crisis
Kate Wyver
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a feat. Bit repetitive but then so is governments' continuation of ignorance and dismissal.
André Oliveira
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The only complaint is: some speeches seemed repetitive.
Emma
Oct 03, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
*Unpopular opinion alert* I absolutely hated this little book.

It is a collection of Greta’s speeches, but they are all extremely dull to read, and various paragraphs are repeated over and over in different speeches. This does not mean I find her uninspiring or that I don’t believe in climate change, I 1000% do! But this book is absolutely not the way to go if you want to convince people of your cause. There is background info missing, which I guess you wouldn’t have time to explain during a
Sidharth Vardhan
I could have written defenses for her but I think she defends herself well enough against all the arguments raised against her. If people are unwilling to listen to her before judging her, I don't think they will care to read about her side here. And several reviewers here have already done that.

And I do not wish to talk about climate change problem here either which seems obvious enough. And again a job people like Greta are doing well enough.

There is though one thing I agree on with critics -
Lo O'Neill
No One Is Too Small to Make a Difference is a great little book, it is not revolutionary and nothing that we haven’t heard before but it is a powerful and impactful call to action. It is a little repetitive but what else would you expect from a collection of speeches (especially ones that are on the same topic) but considering the state of the world it is a message that needs to be drilled home.

This short and quick read is a great starting point and one that I would recommend that others read
Lucy
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I applaud Greta Thunberg. A short, sobering, necessary read.
Owlseyes inside Notre Dame, it's so strange a 15-hour blaze and...30-minutes wait to call the firemen...and
“I just worry about the fact we use a kid like this, who arguably should be getting treatment because she’s said she’s had anorexia, said she’s had Asperger’s and said she’s battled depression."
Psychologist Dr Michael Carr-Gregg

“Greta Thunberg is admirable in many ways. She is driven and articulate. But it is patently clear now she’s being exploited…she has been turned into the spokesperson for doom, the mouthpiece of eco-misanthropy…”
In “Save Greta” by Brendan O’Neill, editor of Spiked.

“We
Nadia
This small book is a collection of Greta Thunberg's speeches regarding the climate crisis. There's some repetition of some points across the 11 collected speeches but I still found each one incredibly impactful nonetheless.

I should imagine it would be a great little book to give to those who may be feeling apathetic towards the issue of our warming climate. It also offers a very effectual image of what is facing the younger generations, and the fear many of them feel regarding the poor
Laura Cearra
Aug 21, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own
I don't understand how people find it acceptable to publish a book with 10 identical speeches.
Anastasiya Mozgovaya
an urgent must-read for everyone!

"to do your best is no longer good enough. we must all do the seemingly impossible."
Lizzie
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
"I don't want you to be hopeful.
I want you to panic.
I want you to feel the fear I feel every day.
And then I want you to act.
I want you to act as you would in a crisis.
I want you to act as if our house is on fire.
Because it is."

By doing a Masters degree in Climate Change, I find myself in a bubble where I am surrounded by scientists and my peers who all care deeply about the crisis we face. Reading these speeches has been a stark reminder that this issue is not at the forefront of everyone's
Anthe
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Don't read the reviews, it'll ruin your day.
Rahul Holani
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First of all I regret as I thought of Greta Thunberg nothing more than a bratty shouting teenager.

But after reading this book and knowing the amount of efforts she is putting herself to aware People about climate change and forcing governments to act on it ASAP is truly remarkable at an age of 15-16 when most of us are just joking around just looking for fun.

I myself believe and support actions to fight climate change crisis and try myself to contribute even it is insignificant. Though it is
Sofia
Jun 20, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Super important and crucial to raise awareness. 5 stars for that, as a book though wasn't something special. A collection of Greta's speeches. Good for beginners to the subject
Imogen
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I will forever be in awe of Greta Thunberg. Essential reading for absolutely everyone.
Ietrio
Sep 20, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: junk
A strong reminder of how miserable and irrational was life in the days of Jeanne d'Arc.
Kirsty Stanley
Yes there is repetition in her speeches but that doesn’t mean we don’t need to listen. We do and we need to act. I’m trying and taking small steps but industry needs to take large ones. Now.
Stephanie Jane (Literary Flits)
See more of my book reviews on my blog, Literary Flits

I saw two social media posts about Greta Thunberg while I was reading through this Penguin collection of her inspirational speeches. One post on Facebook was sneering because there was apparently a single plastic bottle visible in a photograph of Greta on the sailboat. Another post, this time on Twitter, was a vicious attack ridiculing her as a disturbed child. Both posts sought to dismiss Greta out of hand and neither actually engaged with
Jeanne
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I confess: I read Greta Thunberg's No One Is Too Small to Make a Difference because our president was dismissive of her, saying, "She seems like a very happy young girl looking forward to a bright and wonderful future. So nice to see!" I read this book and kept reading because I am always impressed by passion and competence. I am impressed by her skill in framing an argument and acting on it.

Greta Thunberg has been school striking outside the Swedish Parliament since August 2018. No One Is Too
Kamil
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Our house is on fire. This fight is not only about the future, but it's also about the present. To prevent this man made disaster, we must act right now. We cannot save past, but we can learn on it.
Huge responsibility was put on our shoulders, to protect all wonders of this planet for future generations.
I would like to see more people like her, fighting for a better planet with such passion and commitment!
Carrie Morrison
May 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: at-home, for-love
I found it incredibly inspiring, to the point I have decided to go vegetarian and transition to veganism in the near future. It is repetitive, but that is probably due to the fact that these speeches will need to have these similar points reinforced to different politicians and audiences. Plus, it really made me remember the key facts Thunberg wanted me to remember. It's a short book and 2.99 from Waterstones so I would recommend.

I can imagine Thunberg becoming a figure in history that people
Stephie
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sociology
If we manage to avoid the worst consequences of climate change (god I hope we do), it’ll be thanks to people like Greta for standing up and fighting when all the powers in the world refused to do anything.
Chloë
This honestly just made me sad because I truly don't believe that enough will be done to stop global warming and climate change.
Goodreads Librari...: Please correct page count 2 19 Aug 20, 2019 01:15PM

• This Is Not A Drill: An Extinction Rebellion Handbook
  • Truth to Power: 7 Ways to Call Time on B.S.
  • Twas the Nightshift Before Christmas
  • Why You Should Read Children's Books, Even Though You Are So Old and Wise
  • Doom Rolled in Glitter
  • SOS: What you can do to reduce climate change – simple actions that make a difference
  • It's Not OK to Feel Blue (and other lies)
  • On Fire: The Case for the Green New Deal
  • The Cockroach
  • Validate Me
  • Climate Justice: Hope, Resilience, and the Fight for a Sustainable Future
  • The Prison Doctor
  • The Testaments (The Handmaid's Tale, #2)
  • The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and The Horse
  • We Are the Weather: Saving the Planet Begins at Breakfast
  • The Black Flamingo
  • Gotta Get Theroux This: My Life and Strange Times on Television
  • How To Be Right… in a World Gone Wrong
Greta Thunberg is a Swedish schoolgirl who, at age 15, began protesting outside the Swedish parliament about the need for immediate action to combat climate change and has since become an outspoken climate activist.

She is known for having initiated the school strike for climate movement that formed in November 2018 and surged globally after the United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP24) in
“Homo Sapiens have not yet failed. Yes, we are failing, but there is still time to turn everything around. We can still fix this. We still have everything in our own hands.” 16 likes
“We must change almost everything in our current societies.
The bigger your carbon footprint - the bigger your moral duty.
The bigger your platform - the bigger your responsibility.
Adults keep saying: 'We owe it to the young people to given them hope.'
But I don't want your hope.
I don't want you to be hopeful.
I want you to panic.
I want you to feel the fear I feel every day.
And then I want you to act.
I want you to act as you would in a crisis.
I want you to act as if our house is on fire.
Because it is.”