Start by marking “Mr. Perfect” as Want to Read:
Mr. Perfect

Mr. Perfect

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  28,648 Ratings  ·  1,462 Reviews
What would make the perfect man?

That's the deliciously racy topic that Jaine Bright and her three girlfriends are pondering one night at their favorite after-hours hot spot: Mr. Perfect. Would he be tall, dark, and handsome? Caring and warmhearted -- or will just muscular do? As their conversation heats up, they concoct a tongue-in-cheek checklist that becomes an overnig

Mass Market Paperback, 405 pages
Published July 1st 2003 by Pocket Books (first published August 1st 2000)

Blacky *Romance Addict*

Dear book:

This is my favorite Linda Howard so far <3

I enjoyed every second of it, laughed like crazy at half the book and swooned over Sam the other half of it :D

“Let me go,” she said, more nervous than she cared to reveal.
“No.”
“No!” she repeated. “You can’t say no. It’s against the law to hold me against my will.”
“I’m not holding you against your will; I’m holding you against your car.”

The story

Four friends meet for lunch and make a fun list about what a perfect man should be like.
That, of
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Nov 18, 2010 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone looking for a romance with elements of both comedy and danger
"If you're looking for Mr. Perfect, you're going to spend your whole life being disappointed, because he doesn't exist."

I generally hate books where any female or group of females start making a mental or physical list of what they want in a man. Lists are absolutely stupid. Love is unpredictable and shouldn't be put in a box. Sure, six-pack abs and a huge salary can be awesome, but the sweet guy with the messy hair and cute dimples might be the right one, even if he doesn't have guns of ste
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

What do you get when four friends get together for their weekly girls night out and have a little too much to drink? Well, in this story, you get a list detailing what these friends think it takes to make the perfect man.

And what do you get when that list becomes an overnight sensation with a nearly cult like following? Well, in this story, you get murder!

I’ve had this book on my shelves for quite awhile and whenever my Goodreads friends would talk about Linda Howard’s books, Mr. Perfect was su
Geri Reads
Oct 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Carol Sanchez, Leilani Villanueva
Shelves: favorites
5 (Still) Perfect Stars!!

Re-read time June 19 to 21 2013.

Still perfect after all this time. I've reread this book more than I could count and it never fails to make me laugh, cry and swoon. This book is what made me a fan of Linda Howard's writing. This was Linda Howard at her peak writing form; witty, fun, hilarious and terrifying at the same time.

Mr. Perfect is a story about four friends and their idea of Mr. Perfect. The fours friends understood, of course, that Mr. Perfect doesn't really ex
Wicked Incognito Now
I only read SEVEN PERCENT of this book. So take my review with a grain of salt.

I often search the internet for "best romance novels of all time." There are, surprisingly, a lot of lists dedicated to enumerating the best romance novels ever written. I've found quite a few gems this way. THIS novel made the top ten of most of those lists. I spent most of my life thinking that all romance novels were a waste of my time and intellect, until I rediscovered romance about four years ago. I discovered t
Mo
Oct 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an old book but I see that most of her books have now been released on Kindle - Lucky Me - Not So Lucky my Credit Card!!!! I have read a few of Linda's other books and loved them. This was a great story with a spunky, sassy heroine and a gorgeous hero - wouldn't mind a bit of Sam living next door to me. Sad, funny, mysterious - it had it all - hopefully the kindle edition will bring a new realm of readers to discover Ms Howard.
MelissaB
This book was very funny and a good romantic suspense. The interaction between Jaine and Sam was hilarious. She is a bit of a spit fire and he has a bit of a temper. I love the part where she sprays him with the hose then he hold her against her car. She tells him he is holding her against her will but he says he isn't, he is holding her against her car. The diagolue was great and the suspense portion was good. This is a great read if you enjoy a laugh, good romance and a bit of suspense!
Amy (Foxy)
★Good to look at
★Great in bed
★10" requirement
★Last in bed at least 30 minutes

Four co-workers go out for drinks after work and after a few drinks they've comprised a list of requirements for their Mr. Perfect. The list somehow makes their work newspaper and begins to cause all kinds of chaos for these four women. It was all fun and games until one of them turns up murdered.

I've read four books by Li
Mo
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing

4.5 - a re-read - not as good the second time around. I sort of knew the "wow" factor so that took away from it. I think I might have already reviewed another version so apologies if there are two reviews on here. Well, I did read it twice so maybe that's OK.

I love both main characters. Knew what they wanted ... each other! Sam sure is sexy.

Jaine is a great heroine. Has a temper, has a backbone, has a sense of humour.

“If you're looking for Mr. Perfect, you‟re going to spend your whole life bei
Oana
DNF

Ladies and gentlemen, after only 30% into this book, I am pleased to introduce you these refreshingly original characters: Lady no. 1 - slightly older, with a beautiful career and a sexy useless toy boy lover at home; Lady no.2 - believes in true love and therefore gets attached to all the assholes out there; Lady no.3 - semi-happily married; and Lady no.4, our heroine - single, disappointed by men but still looking for Mr. Big Mr. Perfect.

description

One Friday evening, after work, these four ladies go
Didi
Dec 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
~~~~ 4 STARS OR 7.5-8/10 ~~~~

Despite being released years ago, the books I've read by Linda Howard are so evocative and sexy that some newer books honestly can't compete. This is the third book by LH I've read so far but after the first, she became one of my favourite authors. Romantic suspense when written well is fantastic.
I loved the suspense here, it had me stumped till past half way through when I realized I was making a grave error in my assumptions.

The disturbing nature of the crimes co
Karen
Aug 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
5 STARS

Well, that's three for three for Linda Howard! Another winner. I read a few reviews before I started this one, so my expectations were high. And I wasn't the least bit disappointed!

A few people had a hard time with the insta-love between Jaine and Sam, but for some reason it didn't bother me a bit. In fact I felt it added to Sam's incredible charm and cocky appeal. He knew what he wanted, and he didn't waste any time playing games. What's not to love about that?

I have to admit, I have a
Vishous
This book was perfect! Perfect amount of everything!

I have a soft spot for neighbors that want to strangle each other and then can't keep their hands off each other. It's basically a win win situation for me when choosing a book. And this one didn't disappoint at all!

It was funny, easy to read, hot and had a psycho to catch.

I have nothing bad to say, everything was amazing but there was one Itsy Bitsy thing that had me eye rolling!

(view spoiler)
Jilly

Jaine works in an office with a bunch of computer nerds who provide us with some slightly funny signs on the elevators each morning.

“FIRST YOU PILLAGE, THEN YOU BURN. THOSE WHO DO NOT COMPLY WILL BE SUSPENDED FROM THE RAIDING TEAM.”

That was the funniest one, in my opinion, but I like nerdy gamer stuff sometimes, and it only got a tiny half-smile out of me. No lol-ing.

What also didn't make me Lol was when Jaine gets together with three of her friends and they write a list describing what would
Glass
This is me at the beginning, the middle and the end of this amazing book:

description

I laughed. I swooned. I laughed some more. My ovaries overheated because of Sam. I laughed - again. I was shocked.
I loved every word of Mr. Perfect.

Read this!

Shawna
4 stars – Romantic Suspense

I love the line, "The wheel's still going around, but her hamster's dead".

I love this verbal sparring scene between the H/H, (page 18):

"I haven't had any sleep, any breakfast, or any coffee. I'd better leave before I hurt you." He nodded. "That's a good idea. I'd hate to have to arrest you." She stared at him, taken aback. "What?" "I'm a cop," he said, then turned and walked back into his house. Jaine stared after him, shocked. A cop? "Well, fuck," she said.
Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover Reviews  ❤️

photo 5ae020b0bd3ce802ee52bdb758d240be_zpsvpc0wnc6.jpg

* Audio book review: June 2015

5 Perfect Stars!!!

4 Friends make a list....and their lives will never be the same.

photo PicsArt_1433554977689_zpsbjan1nin.jpg

I LOVED this book!! One of my favorites by Linda Howard!!!

Jaine, Luna, Marci, and TJ are co-workers and best friends who meet one Friday after work at their normal meeting place for dinner, their conversation turns into what would make the perfect man. Soon they have their criteria for their "Mr. Perfect".

The List
*Financi
Alex ♈
Dec 01, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: safe
I literally forced myself to finish this book.

It was well written and till they killed the 1st woman/h's BFF, I enjoyed it.
But well, the murders bothered me. The 1st victim was the best of their ladies-group. Very likable woman.
The 2nd victim was nice, but weak toward her man (who screwed around on her for one year and then suddenly wanted her and she accepted his lame excuse, the day before she was killed). What was the purpose of all this?!

I'd rather stop rambling, coz it doesn't make sense
Phire
I cannot praise this book enough: brilliant, fantastic, amazing, awesome - yes, I do realize these are all synonyms.
This is the best book I've read by Linda Howard, so far that is. I wish to recommend it to all my friends.

Mr.Perfect not only assures you to have a great time, but you can also be sure that once you start reading this book, the pages will turn like there is no tomorrow. This is hilarious, it completely took me by surprise, as I was not expecting to laugh so much. The mystery and t
*TANYA*
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: best-of-2017
This book was soooo GOOD!!! I absolutely loved the chemistry between Sam and Jaine!!! I especially liked their “no nonsense” approach to their relationship. The plot was intense for a Linda Howard book because I hadn’t read one of her suspense books before this. Another winner!!!
Tammy
Jan 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Remember the discussion thread on Amazon several months ago where the boardies discussed their favorite lines in a book? Now I finally understand the popular line ... "I'm not holding you against your will; I'm holding you against your car."

This book was full of verbal sparring between Jaine Bright and her neighbor, Detective Sam Donovan, that was downright hilarious at times. Jaine first meets Sam when she accidentally backs over his metal garbage can with her new Viper. Tempers flare as these
Jo
“Tell me something,” he said conversationally, strolling beside her as she stalked, as best as she was able, to her car. “Is there ever a day when you don’t pick a fight?”
“The days when I don’t see you,” she shot back.

I have read many books, and this book is still the book with the best bantering between the hero and the heroine. I LOVE this book, have re-read it many times, and it’s still one of my favorite books of all time.

It was a good thing she was off men, or she really might have ch
Saly
Perfection is the name of this book! I was up till 5:30 in the morning finishing this and when I got to the end I wanted more, more Jaine and Sam. I loved the romance and wanted so much more. Jaine was a firecracker and I loved her. She was soo kick-ass and knew cars and didn't mind speaking her mind and throwing herself in the fray.

She just bought a house, her siblings are miffed with her since her vacation parents left their cat and her dad's prized car in her possession. She also thinks her n
Lili  Marcus

The gist of the story is this: Four (4) Women, workmates and friends who meet every Friday night at a bar to hang-out. One Friday, these women; Marci, Luna, T.J and Jaine ended up talking about men and by the end of the night, they made a checklist of things they would want Mr. Perfect have. It was all for fun, until one of them died and the whole thing became a big media circus, endangering the remaining women. Jaine, fortunately have someone to run to, her hot police detective neighbor, Sam, w
Naksed
I had the same issue with Linda Howard's Mr. Perfect as I did with her Mackenzie's Mountain. I loved the protagonists but I hated the story. Very tough to rate this one.

The banter between the two was some of the best I read from LH. Jaine is a quirky, feisty, thoroughly modern and very likable woman. When she starts sparring with her grumpy but oh so sexy next door neighbor, Detective Sam Donovan, I felt like I could get a tub of popcorn and just sit there watching them exchange insults, flirtat
Bj
4.5 "What Does the Perfect Man Mean to You" Stars for the story and 5 stars for the narration!

Proving that a great romance is timeless, Linda Howard's Mr. Perfect, first published in 2000, was pretty near close to perfect. Yes, there were the occasional markers that undoubtedly branded this romance gem with some antiquated technology device references (who remembers answering machines, when cell phones were optional, and caller id required a little machine attachment rather than being built-in t
Susana
Apr 11, 2017 rated it did not like it

a plot involving Martians would be more plausible than this crap.
NMmomof4
2.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: Bummer. This was disappointing. This is a book that had been recommended to me through the GR generated recommendations many times based on my personal shelves. It also is the top book in a list for best romantic suspense books. I'm not a huge fan of the sub-genre, but for some reason I was in the mood for it and looked into it and found this. I don't feel like the "romance" was evenly balanced with the suspense at all. I didn't understand their jump into I love you an
maggieandteddy
Sep 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
I've been dying to read Mr Perfect for a long time.
I loved the characters from the first chapter. The 3rd person POV was perfect in this case. Like a fly on the wall. This book was written in 2000, which is only 15 years ago. The humor, and the situations are still relevant- for the most part. Some expressions seemed dated and the technology as well: pagers, limited use of cell phones, caller ID devices, etc.
Jaine had just moved into her house a couple of weeks prior. Sam lived next door. Jain
Favorite Linda Howard book 14 94 Apr 20, 2018 12:42PM
Linda Howard Book...: February 2018 Book of the Month-Mr Perfect 26 25 Feb 28, 2018 02:11PM
Linda Howard Book...: May LH Book of the Month ~ Mr. Perfect 15 14 Jun 05, 2017 11:35PM
Linda Howard Book...: March 2015 Book of the Month-Mr Perfect 29 21 Mar 20, 2015 09:59PM
USA Geography Cha...: Mr. Perfect by Linda Howard 1 3 Dec 29, 2014 01:34AM
  • Unlawful Contact (I-Team, #3)
  • Midnight Angel (Midnight, #3)
  • Ice Storm (Ice, #4)
  • Exposure
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
  • Deadly Fear (Deadly, #1)
  • Relentless (Suspense Series, #4)
  • Hide from Evil (Dead Wrong, #2)
  • Into the Dark (The Bodyguards, #6)

Linda S. Howington is an American best-selling romance author writing under the pseudonym Linda Howard. After 21 years of penning stories for her own enjoyment, she submitted a novel for publication which was very successful. Her first work was published by Silhouette in 1982. She is a charter member of Romance
More about Linda Howard
“She should have remembered her past experiences in the relationship wars and not let herself get so excited. Evidently her hormones had overruled her common sense and she had become drunk on ovarian wine, the most potent, sanity- destroying substance in the universe.” 134 likes
“I'm not holding you against your will; I'm holding you against your car.” 116 likes