Start by marking “Stranger Things: Six” as Want to Read:
Stranger Things: Six

Stranger Things: Six

(Stranger Things Comics: Six #1-4)

A prequel comic from Netflix' award-winning series, delving into the mysterious workings of Project MKUltra and the weird science that opened the door to the Upside Down.

Francine, a teenage girl with precognition, has struggled through a lifetime of exploitation: first by her parents, then by Dr. Brenner of Hawkins Laboratory. Dr. Brenner wants to harness her powers as wel
Published November 26th 2019 by Dark Horse Books

To ask other readers questions about Stranger Things, please sign up.
Silas This book was rather less graphic than the show, so I don't see any reason to be concerned.

Start your review of Stranger Things: Six
exploraDora
Sep 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
***5 stars***

My prayers have finally been heard by the Book Gods 🙌 In this issue, we meet some of the other test subjects from Hawkins labs.

Ever since we were introduced to Kali, aka Eight, in season two of Stranger Things, I was dying to find out about other kids with powers and now I eventually did. There's Six (obvs), Three, Nine and Nine.Five. Intrigued yet? :D I won't say what each of them can do, but know that albeit short, this is a very cool story!
Chad
May 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
After two garbage miniseries, Dark Horse finally got it right. This is a prequel focusing on some of the other subjects in the MKUltra program. This focuses on Six, a precog, along with a couple of others, Three, and Nine. It's by no means required reading, but it does expand on the mythology of the show. This is the kind of thing I was expecting when Dark Horse started these comic books.
Ben Brown
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was pretty hard on Jody Houser’s first “Stranger Things” comic – despite a couple of interesting narrative tie-ins to the show’s first season, I found it to be about as milquetoast as milquetoast gets. As a result, I approached “Stranger Things: Six” from a place of sizable skepticism – after all, how much better could Houser’s follow-up series REALLY be?

Turns out – quite a freaking bit. “Six,” while maybe not a home run, is still a sizable improvement on its predecessor in pretty much every
Lashaan Balasingam (Bookidote)

You can find my review on my blog by clicking here.

It’s a joy for fans to see their favourite franchise grow and expand into uncharted territory, trying to not only explore new ways to tell stories set in their universe, to reach new potential audiences for their fanbase, but to also obviously make more money. The Stranger Things Netflix TV series saw its fandom grow incredibly quickly since its release, bringing in a modern cinematographic experience where both horror and fantasy happily held t
Erofan
Jul 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a story about a girl named Six who was in the same place and at the same time as Eleven was being held. The plot of the comic is not related to "Stranger Things". The story is short,
but quite dynamic! The drawings are made in the spirit of the TV series! I advise fans of "Stranger Things"!
Rod Brown
Apr 22, 2020 rated it it was ok
So, is this sort of what it's like to take methadone when you are jonesing for heroin?

Some secondary and tertiary characters from the TV show (Dr. Martin Brenner, Connie Frazier, Kali Prasad) mingle with some new ones for a fairly innocuous prequel about life inside Hawkins National Laboratory. Nothing unexpected occurs -- literally -- as the main character, Six (Francine), has precognitive powers and knows what's coming.

Only one major character from the show has an appearance, and it is very b
Cale
Jan 22, 2020 rated it liked it
I would hesitate to call this an essential part of the Stranger Things story. It's a nice look into the MKUltra program, using characters that are at most tangential to the main series (with the exception of Dr. Brenner, whose motivations get a little more fleshing out here). Six has limited precognition abilities, and gets pulled into MKUltra, but has second thoughts. That's pretty much the whole of the story, although the characterizations are interesting, and its exploration of abusive relati ...more
Chris Greensmith
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: stranger-things
"I'm not one of the babies. 'sides Dr Brenner says I'm special.
Yeah, he says that a lot."
Christy
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I hope we see Brenner in season 4 and that Joyce just punches him in the face.
Rich Stoehr
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Now that's more like it.

In "Six," the Stranger Things creative team has done what I hoped for in the first collection, "The Other Side." Like the previous story, "Six" feels right at home in the Stranger Things universe, both in story and in tone. Unlike the earlier volume, "Six" tells an original story related to the main plotline and characters of Stranger Things, but not enslaved to it. This is the fresh storytelling I was expecting to get the first time around.

"Six" is the story of another s
Dragonfly
Oct 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Rating: 4.5 stars
Ashley Stark
May 15, 2020 rated it liked it
Very short but good.
Silas
Jun 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a solid graphic novel that expands the Stranger Things world without getting in the way of the show's events or have to deal with a lot of likenesses. This is a real sweet spot for this kind of comic. Our main character, Six, is a part of the same program as Eleven, but has a different psychic ability, and the less active nature of that power makes for a slightly smaller story, but throws in some foreshadowing (this is a prequel to the show) to the events of the show. It also left some ...more
Emeraldawn
This is more of the Stranger Things graphic novel or trade, that I was looking for. This follows the story of SIX who could predict the future. But it also has Three, Nine, and Control playing an important part.

The art is way better than the art is "The Bully" and the storyline felt like it added something to the main cannon. My one issue is I know this was a 4 issue comic, or 1 trade/Graphic Novel and I wanted more of the story! I hope they follow the rest who are not going to get screen time.
Cassie
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-books
Joey Nardinelli
Jun 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
While this feels a bit lean, and having heard how bad the other stories are, I’m surprised at how well this chapter adds subtly while existing mostly logically within the Stranger Things Universe. Ever since they added Kali to the show, I’ve been wondering when we’d get more of an X-Men super team with the kids. I’m curious if this will remain mostly in the EU for this franchise or if this might actually point along a trajectory the show might follow for its final season(s).
Amy
Jul 26, 2020 rated it liked it
SPOILER WARNING

This graphic novel, set in 1978, tells about 6 (Francine/ sees future), 3 (Ricky/ persuasion), 9 (Jamie/firestarter? psychokinesis?), and Control (Marcy/ Jamie's twin). 11/Jane is also seen.

I originally thought the book ends the same time that 11 escapes. However, that's 1983-- five years later. I think I misinterpreted p. 79.

A Hawkins Lab employee is drawn to look like Chief Hopper. I don't know if that's a red herring, though.
Josh
Dec 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
A much better entry than the previous one, Six provides a glimpse into the experimental facility at the center of the Stranger Things story. With some familiar characters and some newer faces, it fills out the world a bit more while also bring life and heartbreak to some of the other children touched by the experiments into superhuman abilities.
Kim
Dec 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: library
3.25- It was good to get a glimpse into this prequel about the test subject Six and her brief history at the lab and how she came to be there. It also mentions Eleven briefly. Although it was a good read, I felt it was too short(finished reading in 20 mins) and I would have liked to read more about this test subject and those surrounding her.
Stephen Newell
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Now THIS, THIS is how you do a Stranger Things graphic! None of this straight up tie in stuff like the last volume. Good things can happen when you get creative and don't simply play it safe.

Also a landmark because this is the first Jody Houser book I have read an actually really enjoyed the writing. Hopefully more of the same to come!
Rebecca
Feb 02, 2020 rated it liked it
Although this book would not make sense to someone who is unfamiliar with the Stranger Things TV series, it is a strong entry for fans of the show. This is a prequel as described, but also references things to come in a way that gives the reader a sense of place and time within the series. The illustrations were quite good as well. My only complaint--the story was too short. I wanted more!
Ari Santillanes
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Finished these pretty quickly after starting them and forgot to update. Enjoyed this as someone who liked the season 2 episodes when Eleven left Hawkins and met up with Eight (Kali) and others who shared her powers. I know a lot of people didn’t like those episodes, so if that’s you, probably not your book.
Ahdom
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Jodie Houser does a great job at giving us yet another neat backstory for the Stranger Things canon. This was short but sweet. I loved the artwork and the drama in this limited series and I would say it is well worth the read.
Rachel
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
A really cool prequel that goes hand in hand with the prequel novel and then the Netflix series. I love all of these novels and graphic novels they are producing now for the fans rather than just the show!
James Shields
Very enjoyable read. Adds some depth to the activities in Hawkins Lab, and introduces some characters, who may some day make an appearance in the TV show - you never know. Certainly not essential, but well worth reading if you're a Stranger Things fan.
Feb 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
A quick book that gives some more insight into Eleven's world before the Upside Down while also introducing some new characters with some interesting powers. Add into it some nice tie-ins to the actual show--waffles, for instance--and this is a solid read for any fan.
Madeleine Hernandez-g
This one was much better than the other Stranger Things graphic novel "The Other Side"! This story made me hate Dr Brenner even more! And Six/Francine was an interesting character to follow, I wonder how many kids/teenagers had powers in that world.
Garret Rose
Mar 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
A great preview into the origins of 8 and 11. Dr. Brenner is truly evil, and this Stranger Things prequel goes into his background so you appreciate his devious planning and how he set into motion the successful television series.
Bryan Borgman
I love these prequel tales... especially about other children/subjects!
Dave Taylor
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
Maybe a 15min read in total, adds nothing to the mythology of Stranger Things. Pretty disappointing, and I surmise teen readers would feel the same.

• Stranger Things: Zombie Boys
  • Stranger Things: The Bully (Graphic Novel)
  • Darkness on the Edge of Town (Stranger Things, #2)
  • Runaway Max (Stranger Things, #3)
  • How to Survive in a Stranger Things World
  • Stranger Things: Worlds Turned Upside Down: The Official Behind-the-Scenes Companion
  • A Crash of Fate (Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, #1)
  • Rebel (Legend, #4)
  • The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse
  • Suspicious Minds (Stranger Things #1)
  • The Amazing Stranger Things memes Book Ever
  • The Conception of Terror: Tales Inspired by M. R. James - Volume 1
  • Hawkeye, Volume 2
  • Thumbs
  • Supernova (Renegades, #3)
  • سندريلات مسقط
  • Frankenstein
  • Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency: The Interconnectedness of All Kings

Stranger Things Comics: Six (2 books)
  • Stranger Things: SIX #1