Start by marking “The ​Missing of Clairdelune (The Mirror Visitor Quartet, #2)” as Want to Read:
The ​Missing of Clairdelune (The Mirror Visitor Quartet, #2)

The ​Missing of Clairdelune

(La Passe-Miroir #2)

4.55  ·  Rating details ·  16,044 ratings  ·  1,709 reviews
Book Two in the Internationally Bestselling Mirror Visitor Quartet

When our heroine Ophelia is promoted to Vice-storyteller by Farouk, the ancestral Spirit of Pole, she finds herself unexpectedly thrust into the public spotlight and her special gift is revealed to all. Ophelia knows how to read the secret history of objects and there could be no greater threat to the nefari
Published April 30th 2019 by Europa Editions (first published October 29th 2015)

·  16,044 ratings  ·  1,709 reviews

Start your review of The ​Missing of Clairdelune (The Mirror Visitor Quartet, #2)
Lucy Langford
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5****

I loved this ! This book continued on from the first one and I actually preferred this over the first installment. Here, Ophelia is still trying to understand the Citaceleste and the inhabitants from the Pole. Not only that, she now has to deal with the whole of her charismatic and overbearing family coming to the Pole to keep an eye on her.

Unexpectedly, she is promoted to Vice Story-teller to the ancestral spirit of the Pole, Lord Farouk. This thrusts her directly into the spotlight- ta
Michael Finocchiaro
Extraordinary storytelling and so full of surprises! Ophélie is a great heroine! Loved this 2nd of 4! The world of the Pôle is one of treachery and hypocrisy (why does that feel so relevant just now?) and Ophélie is working hard to survive and learn as things change and the mystery of Dieu continues to unfold. Archibald is a fantastic character (not just because I named my kid with that same name though!) and we get to hang with Renard and Gaëlle some more as well. And excellent followup to the ...more
rain
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: personal-fave
Thank you to Edelweiss and the publisher for giving me an advanced copy for an honest review.

It's official: I am now declaring this series as one of my favorites. When I was approved for an eARC of A Winter's Promise last year, I didn't expect it to steal my heart as it did. At first, all the talk of Rupture and the atmospheric writing confused me so much. The protagonists also seemed so unconventional—Ophelia is a clumsy and timid Animist capable of "reading" any object she touches and Thorn
Ellie (faerieontheshelf)
ARGHHHH CLIFFHANGERS *wails piteously*

There’s positives and negatives to getting advance copies for review: you get the story early, yes, BUT YOU ALSO HAVE TO WAIT LONGER FOR THE NEXT BOOK 😭😭😭 why didn’t I study French in school just so I could read this series in its original language fml

I am incredibly enchanted by this series. It’s so different: the worldbuilding is so unique, a blend of beauty and steampunk that’s reminiscent of Ghibli works; the writing is gorgeously translated into illust
Kathleen
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Grand Prix de l'Imaginaire for Young Adults 2016. Dabos’ second book in the internationally popular Mirror Visitor fantasy series provides wonderful continuity to the story readers were introduced to in A Winter’s Promise. French author Dabos has fun building this fantastical world that her heroine Ophelia has to navigate through. The plot is filled with animists, dragons, immortals, invisibles, nihilists, and Valkyries. They all inhabit a shard of planetary substance—the Ark of Citaceleste, and ...more
GaelleB
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Mindblowing and fascinating, I have no words. This book might be the best one I’ve read so far this year. WOW.

Ce n’était pas Thorn qui avait besoin d’elle. C’était elle qui avait besoin de Thorn. Ophélie se plongea corps et âme dans le miroir.

Every damn chapter has its importance. The main characters are amazing, Ophelie is just so excellent!
This story is so inventive, it blows my mind. The creativity is on a Harry Potter level to me for sure. Speechless.
I’m a mess full of emotions right now.
Scrill
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
So excited that I got this from Edelweiss!!!! Ahhhhh!!

I need this. I need to know what happens next!
Dani ❤️ Perspective of a Writer
description
Check out more reviews @ Perspective of a Writer...

The Buzz

I LOVED the first book, A Winter's Promise when I read it last year. I was eagerly watching for The Missing of Clairdelune and its release date. YAY, it's finally here!!

Since this was originally a French book and had to be translated it really is almost like an indie book. The author isn't well known in America... but she totally should be! I really hope others can jump on the bandwagon and help me spread the love.

The Premise

I was only
The Artisan Geek
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bookcase, favourites
14/6/19
Aaaaah this was everything I wished for and MORE. This was so good!! Dabos did not disappoint, I've got to insta add this to my favourites shelf! A review will be up on my channel soon!!

16/5/19
My copy from Europe Editions came in two days ago and OH MY GOSH. I finished A Winter's Promise today and I can't wait to delve into this one!

19/3/19
I received a copy from Europa Editions, but bought the first book last week so I can read that one first.

You can find me on
Youtube | Instagram | Twi
Tamsien West (Babbling Books)
Brilliant sequel, that takes the creativity of the first book and builds the characters into something so wonderful. The Mirror Visitor Quartet is fast becoming a favourite and I can't wait to read the next books as they are available in translation.
Paula
Sep 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-fantasy, 2019
3.75*

I actually enjoyed this instalment more, if not by much, than its predecessor. The mystery was intriguing, there was astonishing character growth and I love the turn Thorn's and Ophelia's relationship is taking. Yet, I'm not so sure what to think about this "God" revelation, it just seems to be a bit much. Still, I was full of anxiety reading the whole aftermath of this book, and now I really need to read the third book!
Mira | I Read Like Phoebe Runs
"Danger is part of our life," he told her, solemnly. "I'm fighting for a different future, and I believe you are, too at your own level and in your own way. I will not abandon my post, just as you didn't abandon yours. It's up to us to see our choices out to the end, am I not right?"

Yes. Yes yes yes yes YES! I was so scared to start this book because of my high expectations, and now I am thrilled that this turned out to be everything I could've asked for & more. Ophelia is becoming one of my fav
Faye*
May 29, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm 99% sure that this wasn't the book's fault but I just couldn't get into it at all. :(
Jane (whatjanereads)
Jun 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Do you know this feeling when you know that a book you’re reading will become a favourite? When you wake up, eat, sleep, breath...constantly thinking about this book. When you love the characters and the world so much you just want to jump into those pages and live there too?
Yeah?
That’s what this book was like for me.

I loved this even more than the first book. This might be due to the fact that we got SOO many Thorn scenes. But just MAYBE, OKAY?! 👀

This book just had me in his clutches and I flew
Natalie
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Read 3: honestly this book is perfection, each time I’ve read it I’ve noticed more and more detail and I haven’t been this excited for a sequel in years. Bring on September!

Read 2: 6 months to wait for the next one! I can’t believe it’s set almost three years after this cliffhanger of an ending.

Read 1: The first one was perfect and this was ten thousand times better. Best books I’ve read in a long time. Why do I have to wait until May to get my hands on the next one?!

Ophelia and Thorn are the
Text Publishing
‘I didn’t want to finish and leave Dabos’ dazzling fantastical story world. The world building in this series is phenomenal…I was enthralled.’
Nadia King

‘Christelle Dabos captivates readers of all ages.’
Lire

‘This book is bursting with inventiveness.’
Le Monde des livres

‘Stands on the same shelf as Harry Potter.’
Elle
Megan
Dec 31, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasyish, adult-ya, ya
Reading this is like watching a Studio Ghibli movie! If there had been illustrations? Holy shit.

I am all for this world-building, and the characters are so fun and freaky, again, like a Studio Ghibli movie!My greatest gripe is that the mystery doesn’t grab me at all; I need more suspense, a little more atmosphere and va-va-voom to get me on edge and desperate for the next page with this kind of a story that’s more focused on plot than character exploration.

And while ‘fun and freaky’, the charac
Love, Celina
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i liked this one better than the first one. Ophelia finally stood up and thorn melted a bit. Took them long enough. Ophelia started to actually stand up for herself every once in awhile in this book which was something that annoyed me a little in the first book. The plot twists and the pacing were pretty good.
Erin
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, fantasy, magic
You mean I have to wait until May 2020 to get the next one?
description

I CANNOT WAIT! Now I just have to learn French as quickly as possible. What a whirlwind ride this second book was! So much happens from beginning to end! Since it is the second in the series imma head straight into

Spoilers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Okay, for most of this story I was just really rooting for Ophelia to just face her feelings and love Thorn! He is such a smol bean that needs love! I adore everything about him! And you could tell t
Nadia King
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been surprised by just how much I have loved The Mirror Visitor Quartet series by Christelle Dabos.

A Winter’s Promise (the first book in the series) was stunning and I found The Missing of Clairedelune to be equally compelling. Although, it was a bittersweet read for me; I couldn’t gulp down the story fast enough, but at the same time I didn’t want to finish and leave Dabos's dazzling fantastical storyworld.

The world building in this series is phenomenal. And the female protagonist, Oph
Hannah
Mar 27, 2019 rated it liked it
I probably would have given The Missing of Clairdelune four stars if I had read it in a shorter amount of time. Because I was passively picking it up for over a month, I found it to be somewhat slow. It may just be that I had been reading it for so long that I lost interest at times. But I will say that if you have read and enjoyed the first book, A Winter's Promise, you are sure to enjoy this one as well. It's just definitely the type of book that you will want to read in a week or so.

This Eng
Jaclyn (sixminutesforme)
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was even better than book one (which I thought was already wonderful!!).

I think the level of plot action in this book significantly increased from book one - this had me on the edge of my seat way sooner, and had me gasping at some of the twists at the very end! I think because the world and characters were so well set up in the first book, we really got to dive deeper into their intricacies and the relationships a lot more.

What is common to both is the massive plot cliffhanger each ends wi
Guglielmo Scilla
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After reading the first book of this saga, I thought the setting was charming, but the plot (which a friend of mine described as a never-ending introduction) scant and scarcely enticing. This second book has had me take such critique back. starting off on the backburner, there was a moment I was about to give it up. Then, something changed and the book turned abruptly into a real page-turner. Now, I’m craving for a film adaptation.
Kissthelibrarian
Mar 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-books
The English audio book is SO GOOD, I was once again completely immersed in the story ❤️
Kate Bennett
So... I just did that. And by that I mean read a 16-hour audiobook in the course of two days. Yep! (Does this make me awesome because I think achieving that is pretty legendary 😂)

RATING: ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ / ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
(I just love this fan art, it describes Ophelia and Thorn's relationships so well!! Also, new OTP FOR SURE!!!!)

My full (spoiler) review of this book on my blog: https://novelsandnonsense.home.blog/2...

This book was absolutely incredible! I thought the first book was good... nopenopenope. I
Vicki Antipodean Bookclub
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
In which we realise Thorn is awfully like Mr. Darcy….
The Missing of Clairdelune is the second instalment of The Mirror Visitor quartet written by @christelledabos and beautifully translated from the original French by Hildegard Serle. Ophelia remains in the floating city of Citaceleste trying to find a way to survive the machinations of the rival clans of nobles that make up its poisonous court. When people start to disappear and Ophelia herself is threatened, she is offered the position of Vice
Jersy
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While I really really enjoyed reading this book, I have to address some problems I had with it first.
I feel it gets distracted from time to time from the things that appeal to me the most about it and it also wastes potential by not thoroughly exploring relationships, characters and concepts. Especially Ophelia and Thorns relationship needed more time. It could even do more with its plot by meandering less and work things out more.
However, I still really liked following Ophelia and the character
Savannah Stevie💛
"You wanted me to be honest with you. You will thus learn that you are not just a pair of hands to me. And I don't give a damn whether people find me suspect, as long as I am not so in your eyes."

I'm not sure if it's because this series is translated or what it is but there is something so unique about this story that I feel like I've never gotten before from a YA fantasy. The ending felt a little bit rushed for me. Which sucked because I was hoping for a little more from the climax, we have bee
Kristal (Midwest_Reader)
“I've been reading all sorts of objects for years, and yet I feel as if I know nothing. An Earth shattered to pieces. Deliberately forgetful family spirits. Indecipherable Books. You.”

Book 2 knocked my socks off! What a wild ride through mirrors, mirages, and secrets! It pains me to have to wait till May 20, 2020, to have the English version of book 3. If you like fantasy that has remarkable world-building, eclectic magic, mystery, and slow burn enemies to lovers, then this is the book for you.
Giulia☀️
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just...omg.
this book is so beautiful.

• L'Arrache-mots
  • Un'estate con la Strega dell'Ovest
  • Extincta
  • Prima regola: non innamorarsi
  • Cogito
  • Changer l'eau des fleurs
  • Ashes Falling for The Sky 2
  • Darkdawn (The Nevernight Chronicle, #3)
  • Nevernight (The Nevernight Chronicle, #1)
  • Questa è l'America: Storie per capire il presente degli Stati Uniti e il nostro futuro
  • The Lying Life of Adults
  • The Priory of the Orange Tree
  • La casa delle voci
  • Ashes falling for the Sky
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
  • Neon Birds (Neon Birds, #1)
  • Il est grand temps de rallumer les étoiles
Christelle Dabos est née en 1980 sur la Côte d’Azur et a grandi dans un foyer empli de musique classique et d’énigmes historiques. Plus imaginative que cérébrale, elle commence à gribouiller ses premiers textes sur les bancs de la faculté. Installée en Belgique, elle se destine à être bibliothécaire quand la maladie survient. L’écriture devient alors une évasion hors de la machinerie médicale, pui ...more

La Passe-Miroir (4 books)
  • Les Fiancés de l'Hiver (La Passe-Miroir, #1)
  • La Mémoire de Babel (La Passe-Miroir, #3)
  • La Tempête des échos (La Passe-Miroir, #4)