What do you think?
Rate this book
160 pages, Hardcover
First published January 1, 2005
”WHO MOVED MY CHEESE?” has these:Now let’s see what ”OUR ICEBERG IS MELTING” says:
1) Change Happens They keep moving the cheese
2) Anticipate Change Get ready for the cheese to move
3) Monitor Change Smell the cheese often so you know when it is getting old
4) Adapt to Change Quickly The quicker you let go of old cheese, the sooner you can enjoy the new cheese
5) Change Move with the cheese
6) Enjoy Change! Savor the adventure and enjoy the taste of the new cheese!
7) Be Ready to Change Quickly and Enjoy it Again They keep moving the cheese
Set the Stage
1. Create a Sense of Urgency
Help others see the need for change and the importance of acting immediately.
2. Pull Together the Guiding Team
Make sure there is a powerful group guiding the change – one with leadership skills, credibility, communications ability, authority, analytical skills, and a sense of urgency.
Decide What to Do
3. Develop the Change Vision and Strategy
Clarify how the future will be different from the past, and how you can make that future a reality.
Make it Happen
4. Communicate for Understanding and Buy In
Make sure as many others as possible understand and accept the vision and the strategy.
5. Empower Others to Act
Remove as many barriers as possible so that those who want to make the vision a reality can do so.
6. Produce Short-Term Wins
Create some visible, unambiguous successes as soon as possible.
7. Don’t Let Up
Press harder and faster after the first successes. Be relentless with irritating change after change until the vision is a reality
Make It Stick
8. Create a New Culture
Hold on to the new ways of behaving, and make sure they succeed, until they become strong enough to replace old traditions.