Start by marking “Fluid: The Approach Applied by Geniuses Over Centuries” as Want to Read:
Fluid: The Approach Applied by Geniuses Over Centuries

Fluid: The Approach Applied by Geniuses Over Centuries

Whether we are in a classroom or in the outside world, we are always forced to choose who we are. Always expected to walk towards a fixed goal. Never be uncertain, never fail or never alter our course. We are either artists or scientists or businessmen. We are being constantly reminded to embrace these identities with greater force. As they say, the more we remain folded ...more
Paperback, 1st, 256 pages
Published October 15th 2018 by Wisdom Tree

Start your review of Fluid: The Approach Applied by Geniuses Over Centuries
Ashish
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
‘Fluid has the power to transform the entire thinking and learning landscape with a single stroke.’
– 33voices, Global conversation platform of business leaders and thinkers

‘Fluid is a smart and well-researched book that easily crosses disciplines, in the search for a new understanding of learning and the mind. Rich in narrative detail and storytelling, it brings the reader forward and back in history in a way that inspires, instructs, and delights. This book should be of great interest to
Karen Jones
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Incredible is the only word. I received fluid as part of a review give away and right from the 1st page it was clear that I have stumbled upon a gem. I am sure this book will achieve many milestones. Fluid starts with the classical battle between the mathematical mind and artistic soul and presents extensive research on how our mind can evolve into a genius mind with amazing ease. I would have written more but was instructed not to reveal the discoveries in my review. The chapter on iPhone ...more
Sadaf sarkar
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Publisher Wisdom Tree
Publication date 15 Oct 2018
Language English

Book length 256
The fluid is mainly a book about fluid movement between occupation in the era of super specialization.
The tittle is appropriate and the cover simple yet intriguing.
The author set the mood of the book by mentioning certain prominent person who were extremely fluid and successful in their careers . The author basically urges the readers to follow their dream even if it is completely different from their training and
Jennette Almond
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely speaking with my heart, Fluid has an everlasting impact on me. In terms of its writing style, this is one of the most unusual books I have come across. It reads almost like a flowing tranquil river and takes us deep inside the actual understanding of arts, sciences and business through most unheard aspects of geniuses from different walks of life. It remarkably explains how our mainstream learning often limits our understanding. I now look at my failures and uncertain mind in a ...more
Aryan Sarath
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The book brings out the best of what we were missing for centuries. Though we feel proud of boasting about sending(knowledge export)our best people to the U.S and European nation to work in Fortune 500 companies, what we miss out is that these may become redundant in the next 30 years or so.

For over a certain period of time, many educationists have been voicing their opinion about bringing in a change in our present system which makes us to memorize the content rather than reading them and
Booxoul
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“Some books should be tasted, some devoured, but only a few should be chewed and digested thoroughly.”

Ashish Jaiswal’s book Fluid comes in the latter part. This book is in a true sense enlightening.

So when I recently stumbled upon the book ‘Fluid by Ashish Jaiswal’ I started thinking about our present ‘Indian Education System’ and it’s catastrophic impact on us.

The moment we are born, people around us start telling us what to do and what not to do, in short, they try to mold us. But the real
Khyati Gautam
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Be more than what you are taught to be.

With this line on the cover of this non-fiction book, I knew what I should be expecting from it. And I am pretty much glad that my presumptions about it have been surpassed manifolds. I am really happy to make the right pick!

The book kickstarts with a few anecdotes to highlight our discipline-centric approach to education. It begins with explaining anti-fluidity and slowly moves towards the coveted subject of Fluidity. Now you would be wondering whether
Pamela Paquin
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fluid was a real revelation to me. The author shares his conclusions and thoughts on how to live a meaningful life. How to create your own reality, never stop and not be afraid to fail, but to be grateful to different, even a negative experience. Ashish Jaiswal very well uses examples from the lives of famous and successful people. This book is just a breath of fresh air for those who strive to understand themselves and the world around them and achieve happiness and success!
Jessica Williams
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful, great book! I want to especially note the unique, original style of the author. Reading what Ashish Jaiswal writes is a joy for the mind, reading how exactly he writes this great aesthetic pleasure!
Marcy Schmidt
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fluid turned my views not only on education, but also on my lifestyle in general. This is an excellent, very clever and incredibly deep book about how we live. Fluid is a book that needs to be re-read from time to time. That book is so unusual and multifaceted that I will re-read this Ashish Jaiswal 's work after a while. I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves unusual, clever literature.
Maxine Robinson
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful, smart and wise book. I got real pleasure when I read it. This is not just another book with commonplace truths. Fluid by Ashish Jaiswal is a book that can change the way of thinking and lifestyle. If you seriously and thoughtfully treat this book, then one is able to change his own life for the better.
Summaiya
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
"Heard a lot about this book. Finally, it's in my hand now." I feel privileged to have it. The author has done an amazing job conveying this content in light to understand how essential to be fluid. Rigidity(to work in one field) never works for those who wanted to expose themselves to spark like a rainbow.

Discussions, supported theories, lives of remarkable people, explanations with the ablest research was done at par in this book. Each learner has every right to explore, wander, withdraw or
Cynthia Chavez
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fluid is in the league of Sapiens. It is one book that everyone must read to realize how crucial fluid mind will be in the age of artificial intelligence. One of the amazing quality of fluid is its writing – the research is presented in almost storytelling style. I wish there wasn't a restriction in the give away on sharing the names of geniuses and their life journeys.
Priyambada Das
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fluid by Ashish Jaiswal is probably the best non-fiction I've ever read. I immensely enjoyed it. The topics covered by the Author in the book are top notch.
Ever since I could remember, School, Colleges and Education meant getting the highest scores if you wanna build a good career and end up in a good job. Understand what you read or just mug up, but you gotta score more. It's very rare to hear that do what you love, read whatever you want to, pursue what you're passionate about.
But the
Dhwani
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-copies
A book that must be read by everyone. The theme of the book is eye opening for a lot of people and the it's a topic that's required to be read. The title itself is capturing and totally appropriate. The language used is lucid and the narration is set at a moderate pace. The cover is nice and minimal. Focusing on growing in every dimension, Fluid lead the plot by examples of various well know people whose other talents aren't really known to the world. The book teaches due to be infinite and not ...more
Louise Wilson
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have long been acquainted with Ashish Jaiswal's book. I read his first book - True Dummy and was amazed at the depth of thoughts and subtlety of the feelings of this person. I did not doubt that Fluid: The Approach Applied by Geniuses Over Centuries by Ashish Jaiswal is another masterpiece. But the impressions of this book surpassed all my the most daring expectations. I am sure that Ashish Jaiswal is waiting for a big success!
Andrea Paige
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fluid is not just a book, for me this book has become a grand event that has changed my life. I completely revised my views not only on my past, but also on how I live now. I will definitely re-read this book again and again. Fluid gives an unusual motivation, but gives it in very unobtrusively way. This is exactly the unique approach from the position of "soft power" that suits people like me. It is very difficult for me to attribute this book to a particular genre, but I am sure that everyone ...more
Ruchi Patel
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-owned
It’s really unusual and inspirational concept.
It’s really difficult to write reviews because I am confused where to start and what to include because overall I liked all the concepts.
Written in very well and well descriptive manner. Good use of vocabulary and language.
My favourite part is the debate based on the line that “Brain could be either creative or logical.” And the example of Leonardo da Vinci was perfect for that.
I loved the inclusion of diagrams and examples.
Definitely I feel
Komal Yadav
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
Have you ever heard the phrase “Jack of all trades but master of none”? Now prepare a 200-page argument in favour of this statement. What you will get as a result is the content of this book.

The author has left no stone unturned to prove his thesis right. From short fictional stories to biography of many famous intellectuals, anything which could support him is included. This is what makes narration very compelling. Some of the facts he states are popularly known but he gives a new perspective
Jeriel Roy
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
'Fluid' by Ashish Jaiswal is a 'one of a kind' book I have read in my lifetime. I don't think I can write my thoughts on this book, fully, within this limited space.
Let me try to put it in a few words. If anyone of you would love to hear more about it feel free to DM me.
The book is a work of non fiction mostly, though there are some fictious stories included for better understanding of the topics dealt with.
The concept that is highlighted in the book is that, in a properly organized education
Ronak Shah
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is one of the best read of 2019.
I don't think I'm able to talk about what I'm feeling right now. This book is all you need to get out of *BOX*.
Kudos to author for doing such a great research before writing this.

"Be more than what you are". Author talk about eduction which is necessary but, more important to think out of the box.
I also heard the author TEDx talk. Where he perfect explain the concept of out of box.
"Do listen TEDx talk"

Overall it's a must read. Even if you don't love
Pearl Khurana
Dec 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
My rating: 3.7/5
It's a must read. Gonna write a letter to the author as I don't pick up nonfiction that often but it's real good. Ending chapters are a bit like farewell but it's worth a read, especially for young minds who are on the verge of deciding their subjects and have to deal with the pressure.
This book was important for me as I am on the point of deciding my next career move.
Rohan Sarkar
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I wish I had came across this book while I was in a school. I have always been inspired from Leonardo da Vinci and his diversified knowledge. Although career goals were more or less sorted, but I was unable to properly comprehend this inspiration.
But this book precisely did that. And that too in a very simple way. The way this book is narrated is simply amazing. I would recommend this book to the students and the professionals, who are in initial years of their career.
Pranav Mathur
Dec 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
It talks about the inter-disciplinary approach taken by accomplished people in different fields and why it's important not to limit our thinking to one field only. The closing chapters recommend an approach to practice this.
Overall a good book that I'll recommend to everyone.
Muskaan Gupta
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
A self-help book aiming to break the fixed mindset of people that divides them into either science or arts/business. As the title suggests, the author, through this book, wants people to be more fluid and diverse and more than what they are educated.
People often tend to disrespect others who don't belong to the same discipline as theirs and refuse to listen to their logics or ideas.
The author has done an amazing job in explaining each and everything with various examples, stories and
Jane Crum
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes in order to understand ourselves, other people and the world in which we live is not enough just logic and mind, it is necessary first of all to understand ourselves, our feelings, our uniqueness. Fluid is exactly the book that every person who looking for the answers to the most important and difficult questions must read. This book is fully consistent with its title. This is the same as fluid is, this book is smooth and powerful story that will stay with you after you read the last ...more
Ritika Srivastava
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
#bookreview
Book - Fluids
Author - Ashish Jaiswal @ashishjaiswaled
Publication - Wisdom Tree @wisdom.tree
Genre - Self Help .
"Be more than what you are taught to be "
This has been my first ever experience of reading a book of this genre. Sometimes we just don't enjoy reading them but enjoy being told up certain truths of life.
The book enfolds all the barriers and cages of life. We being humans bounds ourselves in certain boundaries which is very very hard to break by ourselves. But to be more
Storyteller_md_ak
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A non-fiction which can define the real meaning of non-fiction book. All the facts and research concept are relatable and practically proved. Concept of Fluidity explained in such a way that all of us must be aware about. Well researched , high value book. I personally enjoyed a non-fiction after a long time. We all have a unique opportunity and potential to be unique and successful.

Cover and blurb is also very interesting of this book. The concept of fluid is very much unique and interesting to
Shreya Bhatt
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Knowledge is not to be sliced like a mango, but consumed like a grape – whole.”

We are conditioned to think that we should have a fixed goal, we should be specialised in our field. We have to be either an artist, a scientist or a businessman. This rigidity dulls our potential to do so much more than what we are capable of.

Fluid breaks this myth by arguing that great minds who changed the fate of humankind were not rigid, they were fluid.

I am so amazed by the research the author has done for this
Vishal Bawa
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It has not occurred to me in a long time that I was able to finish a book in such a short time. It does speak volumes about the simplicity of the ideas being expressed by the author, the book keeps you curious till the last page. The built up across different chapters keeps you hooked, which is quite similar to the faculties of a Dan Brown book.
And weaved with an interesting story line makes it a definitive read on perspectives. The examples are profound, ranging from Leonardo da Vinci to
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Daughters Of The Brothel: Stories from Delhi's Red-light District
  • The Red Line
  • A Story Between The Lines
  • Tarikshir: The Awakening
  • The Last Link
  • That Thing About You
  • Room No. 904?
  • Spies, Lies & Red Tape: A Spy-Military-Political Fiction Thriller based on the Indian Subcontinent
  • Where Will Man Take Us?: The bold story of the man technology is creating
  • The Apple: History's greatest mystery. Mankind's greatest theft.
  • THE GIRL WITH BLUE EYES
  • MIЯЯЯO : at THƎ WƎIЯⱭ WAYWAЯⱭ
  • ENDURER A Rape Story
  • Happily Married, Happily Divorced
  • The Code of Manavas (Maha Vishnu Trilogy #1)
  • Made in China
  • The Speaking Stone
  • Snakes in the Meadows
Telling Stories | Breathing Education | Living Original | Being Fluid
Phd (Education), University of Oxford
Associate Fellow, Oxford Centre for Higher Education Policy Studies, UK

Ashish Jaiswal thinks that most of our current practices of education are dangerously outdated and we need to bring a paradigm shift in the way we are preparing ourselves for the coming future. Ashish has spoken and taught