Start by marking “Fierce Fragile Hearts (Beautiful Broken Things, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fierce Fragile Hearts (Beautiful Broken Things, #2)

Fierce Fragile Hearts

(Beautiful Broken Things #2)

'This time around, I'm going to be so much better. I'm going to prove to them that it was worth waiting on me.'

Two years after a downward spiral took her as low as you can possibly go, Suzanne is starting again. Again. She's back in Brighton, the only place she felt she belonged, back with her best friends Caddy and Rosie. But they're about to leave for university. When y
Published February 7th 2019 by Macmillan Children's Books
Featured Notes & Highlights

Start your review of Fierce Fragile Hearts (Beautiful Broken Things, #2)
Emer (A Little Haze)
I am emotionally spent.

I’ve spent the last two days reading this book and its series predecessor Beautiful Broken Things and .... well I truly don’t know what to say.

These books are exceptional.

They both deal with the complexities of female friendship in the most touching manner ever.

Fierce Fragile Hearts is set two years after the events of Beautiful Broken Things and is written from the PoV of Suzanne (as opposed to Caddy whose PoV was used for BBT)

Suzanne has been living away from friends
Dannii Elle
Actual rating 3.5/5 stars. This is the second instalment in the Beautiful Broken Things series.

Beautiful Broken Things is the story of best friends Caddy and Rosie and what happens to their friendship when their ranks are infiltrated by new girl Suzanne. She is rebellious and restless. She is erratic and emotional. She is trouble and troubled. She promises the lives and friendships of all those around her will never be the same again.

Fierce Fragile Hearts takes place two years after Suzanne has
Bookphenomena (Micky)
FIERCE FRAGILE HEARTS did not disappoint carrying on the story of the three friends but this time with Suzanne as the protagonist. I was absolutely ready to get into Suzanne’s head and life; she was messed up and complex but I loved her honesty, humility and character growth. Suzanne was bravely stepping into independent life, in a bedsit and with a job.

Suzanne, Caddy and Rosie were two years on, 18-going-on-19 and they were all transformed in a realistic way. Lots had happened since the days o
Lauren James
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobook, ukya, lgbtqia
The perfect example of older YA/New adult fiction. Sara is a master of her craft. I love that this included stuff like dealing with a leaking pipe, trying to survive in your first flat - all the skills they don't teach in school, but are so important!
Samantha (WLABB)
Rating: 4.5 Stars

Two years after hitting bottom, Suzanne was happy to be returning to the one place she felt she belonged and to her two best friends, Caddy and Rosie. Adjusting to life in Brighton on her own was not as easy as she thought it would be, but it ended up being an eye opening, and positive, experience for Suze.

• Pro: I was ecstatic to catch up with Suzanne, Caddy, and Rosie. Though this was Suzanne's story, Barnard still dedicated a lot of time to the trio's friendship. The ups and
liv
Aug 11, 2018 marked it as to-read
i need this immediately
Hâf
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My emotions are an utter mess after devouring this book. I read Beautiful Broken Things by Sara Barnard last year and adored the book so much, I've enjoyed each of Sara's books but BBT had a more mature and darker theme to it. FFH continues Suze's story, I was thrilled when I found out we'd be learning about Suze's future in this book.
I was expecting an emotional roller coaster but I still ended up crying horrendously by the end of this book. Suze's story contains very mature themes such as abus
Stacey (prettybooks)
I re-read Beautiful Broken Things before picking up Fierce Fragile Hearts and it really helped me appreciate the story more, I think. It reminded me how friendships were formed and about the different dynamics. It was great to go from Caddy's to Susanne's POV – I hope we get to hear from Rosie's perspective someday!

Continue reading this review over on Pretty Books.

#gifted: Thank you to the publisher for sending me this book for free in exchange for an honest review!
Char (lunarchar_)
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audible, owned-read
(4.5). I really did contemplate giving this a 5 but it was missing just something. I really really enjoyed it and I genuinely think I preferred it to the first. It has a gripping story and address mental health so well.
Zoë ☆
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this so much! It was beautiful, but most heartbreaking and it teared me up loads of times! Whenever I wasn’t reading I found myself thinking about it and looking forward to picking it up again! 🙌🏻 I think it may be one of my new favourites! Definitely recommend 😊
Ashley
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: british-read
4.5 stars. Fantastic explorations of wounds, healing and the journey towards self-acceptance. A lot of Suze’s struggles and battle scars resemble mine, so the book connects with me in a personal level and inspires me to make empowering life choices.
Gabby
I haven't loved a book as much as I love this in a long time.
Mother_Booker
Dec 06, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5

This book is the companion noven to Beautiful broken things but this time we follow Suzanne 2 years after the first book as she moves back to Brighton, just as Caddy and Rosie are about to head off to Uni.

I did enjoy this one more than the first one although I once again found myself growing extremely tired of the characters. There was no character development despite the fact 2 years had passed, they were still the same conceited girls as before.

My favourite character had to be matt, I loved
Escape into a Booksite
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-paperback
*4 Stars*

ARC kindly received via Pan MacMillan Aus in exchange for an honest review.

This was my first book by Sara Barnard, and let me tell you, it was quite intense. At times I found it hard to read. It really pulled you into the story and made you feel the things that our main character Suzanne did.

When she was insecure, I was insecure. I actually had to put this down for a while and read something else in the middle, to give myself a break.

The book deals with very serious issues, surround
Saanvi
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.75

I was really excited to read this book, and had really high expectations and fortunately most of them were met.
I intended to read Beautiful Broken Things again before reading this,but in the end,decided to start anyway.
I felt like Caddy was a completely different person,and I am still not sure whether I liked the drastic change or not,and I feel like Rosie and Caddy swapped personalities a bit,but I could be wrong. Also,Suzanne was a relatable character but not so much. I liked how she thou
Katie
Apr 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Nemo (The Moonlight Library)
This review was originally posted on The Moonlight Library

I've read the first book in this series, and I've read Barnard's other books as well, so I knew exactly what I was getting into.

Even when I was asked to join the blog tour, and I said YES PLEASE, just imagine me on my knees, unbuttoning the top few buttons of my shirt, and offering myself to the pointed blade that is all the feels that flood from reading a Sara Barnard book. And she's standing at the other end, gleefully pointing the swor
Kirra
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-for-review
Follow the Fierce Fragile Hearts blog tour here for more reviews, interviews with the author & book giveaways!

Fierce Fragile Hearts follows on from the story of Caddy, Rosie and Suzanne from Beautiful Broken Things two years after the events of the first novel. In the first book Caddy, the main narrator, is not a very likeable young woman. She is understandably immature, cruel to her peers and looking for entertainment in what she describes as a boring life for herself. All pretty typical for te
Jessikah Hope
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult, 2019
I received a copy for review via Netgalley.

You know you’re reading a good book when you’re so engrossed that not even loud-eaters on a train can distract you.

This follow up to Beautiful Broken Things centres on another fresh start for Suzanne. Recovery is far from linear and this is all about the ups and downs of life following trauma and what happens afterwards.

Suzanne’s family are very much in denial about the abuse she went through, a story which I believe is painfully true of many cases. As
Amy (Golden Books Girl)
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful Broken Things was one of the first YA books I remember reading and loving, and ever since that day in 2016 when I devoured it in a single sitting, I have thought often of Suzanne, who was Caddy`s new best friend in that book who had to leave Brighton at the end due to difficult circumstances. In this sort of sequel, set two years later, we see things from Suzanne`s point of view as she returns to Brighton and attempts to build an adult life for herself after leaving the care system, wh ...more
Alessandra Crivelli
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.8 stars.

I wasn’t really into it at the starts but I have loved it at some point ❤️
The bad thing is that I also remember really few of BBT — it has been two years and the story wasnt that fresh in my mind.
Elise
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So so so so so good!
Ross Duffy
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
That is how you do a sequel! I loved every minute of this book! So much heartache and laughter. It was truly full of emotions which I enjoyed! I loved seeing the growth in our main three characters Caddy Rosie and Suzanne but also loved the addition of Dilys, Matt and Kel. This was a great story and shows again the hurt from abuse and I have to say I think it showed great representation.

Amazing. Recommend to all!
Rosanna Threakall
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Simply stunning.
Kara Babcock
Last year, Sara Barnard dazzled me with Beautiful Broken Things . Now, thanks to NetGalley and Pan MacMillan, I got my digital hands on an eARC for the sequel: Fierce Fragile Hearts is narrated by Suzanne and tells the story of what happens to her months after the conclusion of Beautiful Broken Things. This book is just as good, if not better than, the first one. Every time I didn’t think it could get any better, any time I thought Barnard had made me care the maximum I could possibly care … ...more
Georgi
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Okay so I read Beautiful Broken Things yesterday and today I decided to carry on the series whilst it was still fresh in my mind and it was a very good decision!

Beautiful Broken Thing’s was done from Caddy’s point of view whereas this one is done from Suzanne’s point of view and I have to say I loved it even more, I gave Beautiful Broken Things four stars out of five but I just had to rate this one higher because it actually made me go through a major rollercoaster of emotions, I’ve been a mess
Becca Fowell
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I would like to thank the publisher and NetGalley for providing me with an ARC for Fierce Fragile Things by Sara Barnard.

First off I’m so so so happy I got sent an ARC for this book, because it has been KILLING ME waiting for this to be released, and now I don’t have to wait (still got this pre-ordered because oh boy will I be re-reading this!)

For those of you that don’t know, this is actually a sequel to Beautiful Broken Things which I believe was released about 2, maybe 3 years ago. I absolute
Kristina (Books-and-dachshunds)
**Disclamer: I did received this book via NetGalley. This had in no way, shape or form affected my opinion on it.**

Full review on the blog!

First thing first, Our main character is suffering with Complex-PTSD from her past abuse; having went through therapy in the past and is still getting helped through the novel. Although we do not have the same illness, as I am suffering from anxiety and not PTSD, I relate to Suzanne alot with how she react to it; avoiding the ones that loves her when her “cr
Lucy
(Gifted) Thank you to Netgalley and Pan Macmillan for an eARC of this book.

Please note: this book is the companion novel to Beautiful Broken Things and maybe therefore contains spoilers for that book. Other than that, this is a spoiler free review of Fierce Fragile Hearts.

Trigger Warnings: This book does deal with an abusive history as well as talk about suicide attempts.

I think I’ll start this review with a bit of backstory of when I read Beautiful Broken Things. I read Beautiful Broken Things
L A
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to Pan Macmillan and NetGalley for providing me with an Advance Review Copy in exchange for an honest review.

I've read some very disappointing contemporary YA novels lately, but I knew from the start that this book was going to be different. I haven’t read the author’s previous novel which concerns some of the same characters, but I don’t feel like I had to in order to appreciate this one.

The story follows Suzanne, an 18-year-old girl who has recently left the care system. Suzanne suffe
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Paper Avalanche
  • The Places I've Cried in Public
  • The Paper & Hearts Society (The Paper & Hearts Society #1)
  • What Magic Is This?
  • A Girl Called Shameless (Izzy O'Neill, #2)
  • Meat Market
  • Rose, Interrupted
  • Are We All Lemmings and Snowflakes?
  • Toffee
  • The Burning
  • The Love Hypothesis
  • All The Things We Never Said
  • I Hold Your Heart
  • How Hard Can Love Be? (The Spinster Club, #2)
  • Oh My Gods
  • Skylarks
  • All the Lonely People
  • The Quiet at the End of the World

Beautiful Broken Things (2 books)
  • Beautiful Broken Things (Beautiful Broken Things, #1)