Start by marking “Книга про тіло” as Want to Read:
Книга про тіло

Книга про тіло

Відома голлівудська актриса та колишня модель Камерон Діаз разом з дієтологом Сандрою Барк створила бестселер "Книга про тіло", в якому зібрані рекомендації щодо здорового способу життя.

Впродовж багатьох років Камерон Діаз була зразком для наслідування для мільйонів жінок у всьому світі. Проте вона не завжди піклувалася про своє здоров’я так, як слідкує зараз.

Дізнавшись
Published 2017 by Форс Україна (first published 2013)

Start your review of Книга про тіло
Crystal Beaman
Jan 11, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: health
There is SOME good information in the book, like which carbs are good carbs, how habits are formed, why whole foods are good, and some basic biological facts. However, the tone of the book is completely inappropriate. If she wants her health advice to be taken seriously, she shouldn't refer to the occurrence of a menstrual cycle as "riding the crimson wave" and she shouldn't call pubes "a mysterious curtain". The book is also stuffed with ridiculous suggestions. For example, she recommends ...more
Cristalle
Apr 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm very impressed with Cameron Diaz now. This book is a great tool for someone 30+ because that's when we really start to look at the overall health of our bodies. We always hear what we should be eating, but we're not always clear on why. The Body Book breaks complicated issues down to a level everyone can understand - and learn from. It's chock full of great tips for feeling and looking your best. Cameron's humor adds a nice layer to this insightful book.

Since I've read this book, I've
Anne
Dec 31, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was surprisingly well-written and informative. Cameron has a great writer's voice: confident, witty, and a little bit sassy. This book is part biology lesson (though related in a very engaging way), and part motivational speech on making healthy choices and focusing on your own individual strengths and talents in life. I enjoyed reading it.
Cristina
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It’s the first book about food/health/fitness that I ever read and I’m not disappointed.
It really made wanna do more exercises. At the beginning of the year, I made myself have an exercise program. When I started the book - in the second day of January, I had 69 kg. Now, after 4 days of intense exercises, I have 67 kg. I gave up on bread, sugar and I started with 45 minutes of physical exercises, that turned to 55 today. Every day I keep pushing myself, because I want what’s the best for me.
Nikki
Jan 11, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Well curiosity got the best of me when it came to The Body Book. While perusing a local library ebook selection I saw this was available and was wondering what the hell Cameron Diaz could possibly have to say about our bodies. I figured it was another celebrity diet etc. book but the sub-title made me wonder. While I appreciate Cameron Diaz as an actress, I do feel as though this book was rather pointless. It is one big pep talk for people to take better care of their bodies. For one, I don't ...more
Ang(ela)
Jan 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Truly, I love this book. I began a journey of overhauling my nutrition and eating habits a few months ago, and have never felt better. This book really hammers home what I've learned just by doing, as well as opened my eyes as to what exactly has been changing in my body (and mind) for the better. I just started reading this book last night, and I'm already committed to making more positive changes from what I've read. I've recommended it to all my friends, I ordered a copy for my mother. I had ...more
Darth J
Aug 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Here's the thing: this book is basically your Nutrition 101 book, but written in Cameron Diaz's voice. There's nothing especially new here and it does read like a text book. There's a lot of research that went into it, but peppered throughout are little jokes by Diaz.

Also, here is Cameron bouncing that booty:

Casey
Mar 01, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, health, 2010s
I'm not sure what compelled me to pick this up. The book overall is rather casual and cheerleader-like. There's more fluff than substance.

Cameron gives a variety of advice that does seem like it comes from her own perspective. The Body Book isn't a diet or exercise book. I was really surprised by this.

There is a section on nutrition that does go over the basic vitamins and minerals, but beyond that, it's a general message to eat more fruits and vegetables.

Instead of a real exercise plan, it's
Joanna
Apr 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book. I am not a healthy person by any means and as a person who is overweight and suffers from diabetes I was recently brought back to the reality that I need to take better care of my body. My diabetes was insanely out of control and my body was all out of whack! My sister is a great source of inspiration when it comes to being active and always trying to be healthier and she turned me on to this book and I couldn't be more grateful. Along with my sister, whom inspires ...more
Deirdre
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It would be easy to dismiss this one as another fluffy celebrity diet book but it's much more than that, it's a level-headed book about knowing yourself, doing your best with what you have and eating, moving and thinking in ways that make you better at living. This is a sensible, smart book written as if Cameron is your big sister offering advice. Not preachy, just sensible. I would love this to get into the hands of many young women who are struggling with self-image. It doesn't say that this ...more
trning_leaves.n.pgs
I chose to read this because, well, it was Cameron Diaz. Cameron Diaz. Cameron Diaz wrote a book??? Miss bubbly, sassy, free spirit wrote a book? And it wasn't a memoir about her claim to fame. It was a health book. Well, her body IS rocking it in her forties.

I was pleasantly surprised. Although, it was probably co-written (ghost written), they did a nice job of giving it the bubbly, sassy, free spirit voice of Cameron. There was a lot of science talk, and you know, it was broken down so nicely
Erika B. (SOS BOOKS)
I will have it known that I'm not giving this book two stars because I think it is a bad book. I actually truly enjoyed some parts. These books always just tend to make me feel bad because I've never eaten kale for lunch. I've never worried about the amount of fish I eat in a week (ewww fish). I haven't ever made my own non fat salad dressing or peanut butter. Nor can I afford to shop at whole foods to do so. These facts always make me feel like I have to step away from the book with a tinge of ...more
Denise Cameron
Jan 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think this would be an excellent book for someone who currently makes a lot of unhealthy choices and wants to turn their life around.
Michelle Only Wants to Read
I have enjoyed this book very much, and I know I will go back to it as reference as I get started into a healthier lifestyle.

As Cameron states early in the book, it is not a diet book, nor she claims to know it all. It's also not a portfolio of her photos. There may be around 12 photos of her altogether, including the cover and back. This is an informative book looking at a woman's body and mind in a holistic way. It is based on factual information and simplified with humor for simpletons like
Kay
Mar 21, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf, non-fiction, health
Not a big fan of celebrity "writers".
7jane
Mar 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got curious about this book when it was mentioned on a friends page of my blog, so I got this. I like her well enough as an actress and this book was surprisingly good. I got some new information among things I knew and the tone of the book was very positive.
The chapters were nicely organised; the third part had a little bit of everything yet not confusing. Of course my taste in foods won't exactly match - people has different tastes even within healthy foods and can have tolerance limits -
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was honestly so inspirational. And not in that empty lame way. She promises nothing to you other than the basic fact that if you try hard to be healthy and discipline yourself to exercise and eat well - you will feel amazing. I really appreciated all of the scientific explanations for why our bodies do the things they do. Cameron Diaz is a babe and her brutal yet kind and encouraging voice will motivate you in just the right way.
Jenny Jo Weir
Nicely done Cameron. This is an extremely informational book about the body, its parts and organs and how everything functions. It explains in details human processes and reactions to food, exercise and other actions. Very informative!
Stephanie
Dec 31, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
For the record, I love the concept of this book. Cameron Diaz is known in our society for being a symbol of beauty and being a successful woman. I love that she took the knowledge of the power she had with that status and wrote a book about nutrition and just moving and not a diet book outlawing entire food groups. She wrote a book about loving yourself and eating well because you love yourself, not because you hate yourself and want to change everything. Coming from such a well known figure, ...more
Livi
May 11, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not impressed. Cameron Diaz seems to be regurgitating basic, obvious wellness information (such as fast food is bad for you) and trying to pass it off as revealing discovery in an attempt to cash in on the celebrity health wave ala Gwyneth Paltrow, Jessica Alba.
Nicki Hinkle
I decided to listen on audiobook this time, but I had previously started it in Paperback in 2014. I wasn't ready for it when it came out, but now I feel more ready to take it on. It's an introduction to your body (yep, all of it, they even go over the bones and tendons in the body, and what exactly a period is and all of that stuff - but it's not a dry textbook style read) and how you can turn it into a powerhouse. Her biggest thing is: Don't eat sugar. EVER. (And I'm struggling here because why ...more
ABookwormWithWine
Mar 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
I can't say that there was a lot in this book that I didn't already know, but it was still an informative book. I like how it's told in a fun way as if Cameron is speaking right to you making it easier to understand the (sometimes complex) things you are reading. I saw reviews complaining about how this book is written, but I didn't mind the voice this book was told in. I think it is just written like Cameron would speak and that gives it more of a personal feel in my opinion, and I really liked ...more
Niki Walters
I don't know if this book is better than another information wise, especially regarding nutrition, but I found that it's theme of our convenient lives and uncovering personal power inspiring.
Maureen
Really liked a lot of content in this book. Minus some parts on nutrition. Don't appreciate being told eating grass fed beef is like eating stars and sunshine. Think she missed some studies there! Viva la Vegan, Cameron!

Overall a really empowering read that makes you want to make the most of life and the beautiful body that you've been given!
Erin
Jan 31, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A pretty good, accessible balance of the science behind biology, fitness, and nutrition and behavioral instincts and habits.
Heidi
Jul 23, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book does not dive deep at all, it's basic stuff, but that's why I liked it. It didn't get too specific or advocate for a certain diet. It was just simple information about the human body. It was a good reminder. If you've read anything by Michael Pollan, this book is a huge proponent of his mantra "Eat food, mostly plants, not too much."

Guna
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The advice is a-ok (some of it is a moo(t) point though), but just stop it with the Cosmo-style tone and voice. Just stop. No, I do not feel like a wilted dessert flower suddenly experiencing the miracle or rain every time I take a sip of water, and neither do you, Cameron.
Lindsey Rojem
This was more of an easy-reading biology textbook. It covered nutrition, biology, chemistry, anatomy, and the importance of sleep, nutrients, fitness, and mindset. Everything was well laid out and easy to follow, I just wish there were details or suggestions for clean eating on a budget.
Wendy Phraner
I think this book would be a good one for anyone who doesn't know much about their body and the health and nutrition it requires. I wouldn't say that I'm a health nut, but I was already aware of everything discussed in this book. For me, it was a little dry and it waned on and on. I kept wanting to learn something new or to get enlightened, but it just didn't happen. Good info, but I found myself a bit bored.
Antoinette Perez
I was interested in Cameron Diaz's new book, The Longevity Book, and saw that she'd written The Body Book just a couple years ago. So I bought it first.

I really enjoyed this book. It is interesting that I just read Whole30, and my husband and I have been doing the Whole 30 program for about a week now, because everything in The Body Book affirms everything in Whole30. As I dream of goldfish crackers and chocolate croissants, it is helpful that the facts remain the same, and I get extra

• Pretty Happy: Healthy Ways To Love Your Body
  • Tu peux toujours rester
  • Когда я вернусь, будь дома
  • Zika: The Emerging Epidemic
  • Strong Looks Better Naked
  • Girl, Stop Apologizing: A Shame-Free Plan for Embracing and Achieving Your Goals
  • The Petite Advantage Diet: Achieve That Long, Lean Look. The Specialized Plan for Women 5'4" and Under.
  • Naughty Ninja Takes a Bath
  • Brain Body Diet: 40 Days to a Lean, Calm, Energized, and Happy Self
  • Fly, Fly Again
  • The EveryGirl's Guide to Diet and Fitness: How I Learned to Eat Right, Dropped 40 Pounds, and Took Control of My Life-- And How You Can Too!
  • The 6 Keys: Unlock Your Genetic Potential for Ageless Strength, Health, and Beauty
  • The Six SIGMA Way: How Ge, Motorola, and Other Top Companies Are Honing Their Performance
  • What to Eat When You're Pregnant: How to Support Your Health and Your Baby's Development During Pregnancy
  • Betty Goes Vegan: Over 500 Classic Recipes for the Modern Family
  • Sort Your Brain Out: Boost Your Performance, Manage Stress and Achieve More
  • Giada's Feel Good Food: My Healthy Recipes and Secrets
  • Clean: The Revolutionary Program to Restore the Body's Natural Ability to Heal Itself
Cameron Díaz is an American actress and former model. She rose to prominence during the 1990s with roles in the movies The Mask, My Best Friend's Wedding and There's Something About Mary. Other high-profile credits include the two Charlie's Angels films, voicing the character Princess Fiona in the Shrek series, Any Given Sunday, Knight and Day, The Holiday, The Green Hornet and Bad Teacher.

Díaz
“I can't think of anything that anyone has ever accomplished without having some sort of self-discipline. Without knowing how to work for it. Without learning how to earn it. I talk to my friends who are writers. I say, "Well, how do you do it?" Most all of them will say, "I sit down. I force myself every day to sit down and write for at least two hours. Whether something comes out of it or doesn't come out of it, whether I finish my fifty pages or two, I sit down and I do that because I have to make myself do it."

That's what a work ethic is. Any person I know who is successful in my business or any other business is so because they work their asses off for it, because nothing is for free. If you want something, if you want to achieve success in any area of life, you must apply your discipline and your work ethic. Because discipline is what helps you consciously do things in order to reach a desired goal. Discipline is a rejection of entitlement and expectation. Discipline is having a strong awareness that your choices have impact and that your actions make a difference.”
14 likes
“You live in a world where you can drive through the drive-thru, flop down in a chair to work all day, and spend your evening on the couch, in front of the TV, before you crawl off to your cozy bed. Even if you work hard all day, your day-to-day living can make your body soft. And that softness is a modern-day killer, the equivalent of the savanna-dweller’s lion (actually, the lion was better, since it kept people moving).” 10 likes