Start by marking “Invitation Only (Private, #2)” as Want to Read:
Invitation Only (Private, #2)

Invitation Only

(Private #2)

Reed Brennan's future is looking as bright as the two-karat diamonds in her new housemates' ears. Being accepted to the most prestigious private boarding school in the country wasn't enough for Reed. She had to break every rule to do it, but she has accomplished the impossible:

Reed is a Billings Girl now.

And with her new status come respect, envy, and, most important, op
Published November 7th 2006 by Simon Schuster Books for Young Readers (first published November 1st 2006)

This was a YA contemporary story, set at a private boarding school.

Reed was put in a hard position in this, and didn’t seem to be able to find her way out of it. I was glad that she did eventually work out what do though.

The storyline in this continued with the Billings Girl’s making Reed do stuff for them and treating her like Cinderella, we also got a bit of blackmail happening, and an exclusive party that Reed was desperate to go to. We also got a bit of romance, with a different boy this tim
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Rereading this series for a video that I'm putting up on my channel at the end of the month. This one in particular wasn't quite as enjoyable as the first volume, but I remember the third one being mega scandalous. Like I said before, these books aren't exactly very good but they are like book crack and I can't stop. Ha
Jessica Lawlor
Oct 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2009
Oh yes, I’m officially sucked in to the Private series. Invitation Only is the second book in the Private series and now that I’m finished, I’m anxiously awaiting the arrival of book 3 at my library. I’ve already ordered the 4th book, so I can keep reading once I finish the next one.

Invitation Only continues the story of Reed Brennan who has just been invited by the fabulous Billings Girls to be a part of their inner circle and live in Billings Hall. Reed is excited because now, she’s in!

Little
Jacquelyn Simon
Aug 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: boarding-schools
OMG. THAT ENDING THO!
*In a southern drawl* Oh my delicate nerves. I’m clutching my pearls!

This book definitely had a lot more going for it than the first book. It was a pretty steady book and it had me entertained.

The character of Whitaker made me cringe though. I can’t stand pretentious people.
Lady Entropy
May 13, 2013 rated it it was ok
There is something VERY VERY disturbingly wrong with the main character.

She sees abuse as "friendship". Her relationship to the Billings girls is pretty much "Oooh, they're awesome, and my life sucks, thus I need to be their friend to have a bright future."

Wait. Scratch that.

Now, that is the problem. She doesn't NEED to be their friend. No, that'd actually make the book good and the character deeper. She WANTS to. Oh, sure, she moans and complains about her mom and her life back home, but most o
Lane
Actual rating: 3.5/5

I definitely like Reed a little less in this one than in Private. She's always kind of a pushover in both books, but her response to everything that happens to her just comes across a little more pathetic this time around. I mean no way can you read everything the Billings Girls do as well-intentioned, sometimes it's just pure evil. Actually, the only character that didn't annoy me this time around is Josh, because he is a curly-haired sweetheart (why are curly-haired boys in
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Randstostipher "tallnlankyrn" Nguyen for TeensReadToo.com

INVITATION ONLY, the second novel in the PRIVATE series, begins where we left off in the first book. Thomas went missing, one of the Billings Girls was expelled, and Reed Brennan finally moved into the dorm she had her eye on when she first came to the private school. But even though Reed was in the Billings house, that didn't exactly mean she was in the clique.

Turns out, the Billings Girls had a little hazing present for Reed
Sandra
Feb 27, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-one
what life could be with boyfriends por doquier and beer!?
I started to like this book.

Can't believe that someone buys your friendship.

This book has some words that I shouldn't be reading(especially the dark side...), but they teach me the way that some americans think and express...
now I know some of the meaning of them, and I must thank to my personal "esl tutor" (I won't say your name 'cause you know who you are)
Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,T
Abbie
Nov 11, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I still wasn't a fan of the characters in this, but some of them were alright.

There were still parts of this which bored me, and it dragged in areas because of it. I actually enjoyed this one slightly more than book one though, as the ending was quite good.

Overall, An okay sequel.
Natalie
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
I love this series! The characters and storylines are great. I think Noelle makes the series in a lot of ways. She’s a great secondary character, and even though she’s definitely flawed, she’s fiercely loyal and always ready with a witty comeback.
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥

Find this review, plus more, on my blog: Booklikes OR Blogger

Basic Info

Format:
Audio
Pages/Length: 6hrs
Genre: Young Adult; Private/Boarding School
Reason For Reading: Gosh idk.

At A Glance

In Depth

Best Part:
Ha.
Worst Part: The MC.
Thoughts Had: Shut the eff up please!

Conclusion

Cont
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥

**Find this and other reviews, plus fun stuff, on my blogs! Booklikes or Blogspot**

Basic Info

Format:
Audio
Pages/Length: 6 ish hrs
Genre: Young Adult; Chick Lit
Reason For Reading: Guess to just rage the f out.

At A Glance

These are short
Worst Part: That MC.
Asif B.
Nov 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
These books are easy to write off as silly but they're generally a really good immersive deep dive into a teenage girl's brain. It's cool to see how the protagonist deeply understands the importance of the microlevel interactions with the other teen girls in her life, and Kate Brian is so good at conveying how huge all this stuff — the backstabbing, the betrayal, the giant swirling emotions — can feel when you're in it. Reed isn't necessarily a good person, or a likeable one, but she's a really ...more
Rebecca
This was a pretty good second book in the series, but I am going to stop after this one and come back to the series at a later date.

The main character was again Reed and in this book she is part of the Billings (in slave format). Thomas, her love interest from the first book is missing and the Billings are pushing her to pursue another guy Whittaker.

The secondary characters are mainly the other Billings girls, and I suspect they will get more detail in future books

The storyline was OK, based v
Janelle Dazzlepants
Nikk the Sapphired Book Dragon
I wasn't sure I could dislike Reed more than I had in the first book but apparently I can. In book 2, Reed is now a Billings girl but she still continued to be naive, weak and totally self serving. And it constantly surprised me how Reed would automatically believe anything anyone told her even when they had lied to her multiple times before. I felt there was a little bit more in this storyline with the disappearance of Thomas, and the introduction of Whittaker. There was still plots within plot ...more
Susan
Sep 24, 2018 rated it liked it
This is book two in the series and it's cheesy and yet very addicting all the same. I am not sure why I feel so compelled to keep reading this series but if you start them you will see what I mean.

Reed is still backboneless but I do like how in the end she stood up for herself FINALLY to Natasha and Lee Ann. I would have told Natasha what she could have done with that blackmailing thing a long time ago but then I guess we wouldn't have a book then would we.

I felt bad for Whit but he'll survive.
✨ Ljubica ✨
Mar 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, own
im not sure how im just flying through these books but at the same time i do, theyre just so addicting.
ending was expected due to all the hints that were constantly dropped
on to the next one i go, wonder how many ill end up finishing today and with my weekend being free i just might complete the whole series
Shae Petersen
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lisa Croci
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love every book in this series, reminds me of high school days back in private school in CT. Girls only, fun times.
Jessica | Booked J
Jul 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
Sequels can often be a bore but in the case of the second novel in the best-selling Private series by Kate Brian, it's even better than our introduction to Easton. Invitation Only picks up immediately where Private ended and toys with us as we grow more and more captivated to the now-luxurious everyday life of Reed Brennan. Just a bit of time she's spent at her new, ultra-exclusive boarding school, Reed has found herself as the newest member of the campus' most notorious housing department: Bill ...more
Noa Meshorer
Invitation only , is the second book of the Private series. Reed is now a Billing girl and is accepted to be part of the group but she still has to do tasks for them in order to fully belong to their clique. Thomas disappearing is starting to make Reed and the others worried and an investigation is taking place in the whole school. A prestigious party named the "Legacy" is coming up soon and Reed is hoping to be invited because she heard that Thomas never misses it. Her only chance to go to this ...more
Christina
Oct 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Reed Brennan is now part of the Billings Girls but her troubles are far from over. A handsy, bordering stalkerish guy enters the picture. Her new roommate Natalie blackmails her with incriminating photos. Her first ever friend at Easton is crushing on the guy who happens to be Reed's only ticket to the Legacy - an exclusive event, where Thomas, who disappeared, may or may not attend.

Invitation Only was as addictive and easy to read as Private. The story follows on seamlessly from Private. Major
Maddison
Sep 30, 2012 rated it liked it
Well this was a book that went around in circles. It frustrated me no end. So basically (view spoiler) That's about it. What a waste of a book. And then all of that crap with (view spoiler) ...more
Angelia Fransisca Rusli
Sep 08, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya
In the end of book one, Reed finally moved to the Billings house. But who said that getting there means she's welcome there? Especially when Noelle gets her in by doing dirty tricks?

Moreover, boy problem. Now that Thomas is MIA, and no one knows his whereabouts & thus involving the police, Reed, as the girlfriend, has to keep up with people's questioning, staring & whispering -all directed at her. And with Josh Hollis in the picture, she might be ready to move on.

This series is getting
Merary
Invitation Only starts where Private left off.
Thomas Pearson is missing but everyone hopes that he comes to The Legacy, a super exclusive party. Reed Brennan is finally a Billing Girl, but she still has to prove that she's to be trusted. And a guy, Walt Whitaker, is infatuated with Reed, but Constance happens to like the guy too. Can the friendship survive?

Invitation Only was better than the first book, but I still find Reed Brennan boring. The ending is so shocking and unexpected that I can't
Christine
Feb 12, 2009 rated it really liked it
The second book in Kate Brian's "Private" series...I'm reading any young adult books that my daughter may be interested in, to see if they're appropriate for her.

This one was a little more mature than Private, but not more than she should know at this point. It added a bit of mystery this time, instead of simply a girl trying to get into the upper echelon at a private school. The next book will, hopefully, solve that mystery.
Nikita Jesso
Oct 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Maria Nicopolis
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review of Invitation Only
By: Maria Nicopolis
How would you feel if your parents enrolled you into a boarding school? Invitation Only is composed by the lovely author Kate Brian and the genre is realistic fiction. Reed is the main character of this innovative. Reed also struggles a lot with the things that she is faced with during her life such as looking into her future with the people that she lives with and tries to help her with her new boarding school in their country that they live in which
Krystal
Jan 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ya, utter-trash
A while ago I bought a stack of these books super cheap online and I finally decided I should probably read them. The first one was absolute rubbish, but since I had this one as well and I was looking for a quick read I figured I might as well give it a go.
So expecting it to be absolute crap, this was slightly more bearable. It's still full of the same cringe-worthy cliches as the first one but at least this one has a little more action going on.
Reed Brennan has to be hands down the most unlikab
Private Novel: Students 1 3 Jan 22, 2014 02:00PM
Charries 1 7 Nov 06, 2013 06:20PM
Easton Accademy 20 years later 1 18 Nov 06, 2013 06:15PM

• Unforgettable (It Girl, #4)
  • Girls on Film (A-List, #2)
  • Sealed with a Diss (The Clique, #8)
  • Crazy Hot (The Au Pairs, #4)
Kate Brian is the author of the SHADOWLANDS TRILOGY (SHADOWLANDS, HEREAFTER & ENDLESS), as well as the New York Times bestselling PRIVATE and PRIVILEGE series, and the wildly popular MEGAN MEADE'S GUIDE TO THE MCGOWAN BOYS. She also writes teen fiction under the name Kieran Scott.

Private (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Private (Private, #1)
  • Untouchable (Private, #3)
  • Confessions (Private, #4)
  • Inner Circle (Private, #5)
  • Legacy (Private, #6)
  • Ambition (Private, #7)
  • Revelation (Private, #8)
  • Paradise Lost (Private, #9)
  • Suspicion (Private, #10)
  • Scandal (Private, #11)
“Half delirious, I slipped my hands around Whit's thick neck. The second Idid he got confident.His mouth moved over mine in a rough, unpracticed, awkward back-and-forth motion, so fast it was as if he was trying to create fire with our lips.” 22 likes
“Unfortunately, I had a feeling I would never get to my bed as the vacuuming would strike me dead of an aneurysm. Death by Dyson." - Reed” 3 likes