Start by marking “Dragonfire (Dark Kings, #14)” as Want to Read:
Dragonfire (Dark Kings, #14)

Dragonfire

(Dark Kings #14)

Passion burns hot in Dragonfire, the next Dark Kings novel from New York Times bestseller Donna Grant.

It was a soul-deep longing, one that got into his bones and settled there, sending whispers of desire through him. The need, the hunger, grew tenfold with every breath. . . .

As a Dragon King, Roman is sworn to protect all mortals--even though they no longer believe in dra
Published October 30th 2018 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about Dragonfire, please sign up.
Visionary Druid Certain arcs in the series have ongoing plots that spills in two, three, or more books. As Christina mentioned, there are references to past books.

Start your review of Dragonfire (Dark Kings, #14)
Stacey is Sassy
I’m not sure I have the patience for more colours…

***3.5 Stars***

I enjoyed Dragonfire. But, I can’t help but feel like this series is being DRAGGGGGGGED out. I got to the 95% mark and this happened…

Yellow, emerald green, red, amber, bronze, deep blue, black, jade green, burnt orange, white, claret, turquoise, dark purple, ivory, gray, hunter green, steel, teal, orange, and many others that she couldn’t make out in the night.

But there was no mistaking the gold dragon.

OK, that’s 21 (TWENTY-ONE) co
Marta Cox
Oct 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Three and a half
I remember when this series started how exciting and different it was but after a few books if honest I really started to want more answers. I know I wasn't alone in this but luckily the author brought out a series about Reapers that coincides with the action and storyline here so my interest was re-awakened once more.
So here we are at book fourteen and the enemy from the beginning of the series Ulrik has now returned to the Dragon Kings but still they have problems. One problem
Mindy Lou's Book Review
I found the heroine and her brother extremely fascinating in Dragonfire. So much so that when the author would change POV's with other Dragon Kings or Rhi, I was impatient to get back to them. Since I enjoy getting everyone's POV, that just speaks to how much I liked these two.

My fascination stems from not only the gypsy background, but I also found both siblings abilities to be pretty cool, especially Camlo's. He uncovered a lot in this book that we didn't know yet. While we got a lot of answe
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
ARC received for review

Roman and V go in search of V's missing sword. They encounter Sabina and her brother, Camlo. I loved Camlo. He was a great addition to the story. Roman and Sabina's journey to find the sword is full of adventure and near mishaps and sexy times in a hot spring or two. They get help from Ulrik, Eilish and Rhi. It's nice to see the other side of Ulrik, and my dislike for V is going away.

Now who the heck are the Others, and how long will it take to get rid of them? Hopefully,
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

With book fourteen in the Dragon Kings series, Donna Grant returns with DRAGONFIRE. This book is about Roman and Sabina. Generally, I really like both the heroes and heroines in this series. They are strong without being so in your face about it and although there wasn’t anything specific that I hated about these two characters, I also didn’t fall in love with them the way I thought that I would.

I enjoyed the subtle differences that Grant added into this book. I liked Sabina’s backstory and
Christina
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-books, arc
Who's the lucky girl to get an ARC? This girl! Thanks to St. Martin's for the opportunity.

3.5 stars for the relationship as it took a backseat in this 14th Dark Kings novel. 4 stars for the quest and the details surrounding what’s coming.

Dragonfire takes place outside of Scotland as we follow Roman and V on the quest to find V’s sword. A sword that will bring all the dragons home. As they travel through the Carpathian Mountains they come upon a man who can speak to animals and his older sister.
Alaina
I have received this ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Dragonfire was a pretty good book but it did feel like it was dragging in some areas. I liked getting to know more about the legendary dragon, named V, and I do have some favorite characters here and there that made me happy.. but the little drama or relationship testing was meh to me this time around. Maybe I need a break from the romance department?

My love for Rhi grows more and more. I seriously can't get enough of her a
Minx
Dragonfire is the fourteenth book in the Dark Kings series and honestly after Torched, I was not sure if the series was going to have the same fire. It had been about Ulrich for so long that I was not sure what to expect from Dragonfire. Now, instead of Ulrich there is another enemy that is out to end the Dragon Kings and, in this book, there are some discoveries that give some history to the new foes that seek to destroy all the dragons. In addition to that exciting plot thread, there is also t ...more
I finally got the chance to listen to this! I've been waiting months to do continue this series and I got so excited last night when I got the opportunity to start this. But for some reason, the file I listened to had some formatting issues (or something or wrong with it) because while I listened to it, it kept repeating already played chapters/scenes and it would cut in the middle of a scene with some characters and jump in the middle of someone's scene to a completely different character. So t ...more
Cassandra
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 Unicorns - I loved it!!!
***I choose what I read and review based on what intrigues me!! Yes, I got a review copy of this book, but no one tells me what to think, feel, or write about any book! I think I want to collect this series in paperback!!

The cover has a beautiful light blue dragon.

This is the 14th book in the series. I wish I have read them all, but this is the 3rd one I’ve read. It is for adults only due to the steamy content.

All of my favorite characters were i
Clare
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this book for an honest review. This is the fourteenth book in a series. This was a really enjoyable book. I really loved Sabina and Roman. Sabina is so warm and loving. And I absolutely adore her brother and the relationship they share. The events happening throughout the book made me want to read faster and faster to see how everything was going to shake out. I can't wait to read book fifteen.
Stephanie Phillips (Stephanie's Book Reports)
I received a free copy of this book from the publisher.

Oh how I love this series by Donna Grant.  Dragons have always been mysterious. I loved watching a cartoon about one as a child. So it doesn't surprise me that I would enjoy reading about them now, as an adult.

This particular edition focuses on Roman and Sabina.  Sabina is a Seer, if you will.  Her family roam Europe as Gypsy's because staying in one place is too dangerous for them. The beginning of the novel has Sabina's Gran telling her ab
Tracie R
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgally
4.5 Stars The fourteenth book in the Dragon Kings series, Dragonfire brings us Roman and Sabina. I enjoyed this story and like getting more of an insight into V. These characters are well developed and the interaction between all of them is engaging and the well written story make it a wonderful read.
Julie (Jewlsbookblog)
Dragon Kings Roman and Vlad are in Romania searching for V’s sword that was stolen from him eons ago, losing the Dragon King’s ability to call their dragon’s back from another world. Planning to go over every inch of the Carpathian Mountains if necessary, they unexpectedly stumble upon Sabina and Camlo, gypsy half siblings, and discover more than they’d ever hoped to.

Ulrik’s story (Torched) was such an anticipated and more-than delivered-tale of redemption for me, so I was expecting more for Dr
Maranda
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Science Fiction and Donna Grant is a perfect match. She writes amazing stories of which Dragonfire is the 14th in the Dark Kings series. Lots of amazing couples have fallen in love on her pages. That is the only down side is keeping them all straight. But I love the dragon tales the best! King Roman is on a mission to find a stolen sword and stumbles onto a gypsy and her brother. Lots of unique ideas in this one. Pick up Dragonfire and soar in the sky with it. "A copy of this book was provided b ...more
Tanya Davis
Nov 03, 2018 rated it liked it

The Dark Kings series is one I've been following for awhile now and I love those dragons. I was seriously curious as to what we were going to focus on as a story arc now that Ulrick's story had been told. We still have the Fae, led by Balladyn causing chaos. However, Balladyn seems to be more focused on Rhi. We also have the Light Queen, Usaeil.

Olivia
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
"Dragonfire" begins with Sabina, a Romani woman who left her traveling family with her mother when she was little- but not before her grandmother passed down an important story about Dragon Kings, men who can shift into and rule over dragons, and what her ancestors had done. Fearing for the foretold future, they stole a sword from a Dragon King, Vlad and hid it away, none of them knowing where it was currently hidden. Sabina has carried the story and the gift of her family- Sight, the ability to ...more
Visionary Druid
Review courtesy of Romance Junkies.

Roman is the Dragon King of the Light Blues. He offers to help V, a fellow Dragon King, hunt for his missing sword. Roman and V begin their search in Romania’s Carpathian Mountains. While there, the duo encounters a Romani brother and sister, who prove instrumental in regaining V’s sword. Clues direct the group to Iceland, Roman’s homeland and domain. Danger awaits the four. Can Roman overcome the Others’ malicious machinations? Will he be able to protect Sabin
Up All Night With Books
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 AMAZING stars
Review by Leah
Late Night Reviewer
Up All Night w/ Books Blog

Dragonfire by Donna Grant is a suspenseful adventure with just enough romance, angst, and mystery all wrapped up in a pair of breathtaking dragons wings. The vivid details pull you into the story. I am in awe. This is just magic.

Sabina and her younger brother Camlo are gypsy descendants. They each have a gift that they have hidden from the world. Sabina has been warned since childhood about the Dragon Kings wanting to take
Eva Millien
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful and mysterious gypsy possesses the power to see into Roman’s very soul in this magnificently powerful and mesmerizing new Dragon King novel. Roman and Sabina are two very bold and convincing characters that burn with magnetic chemistry and reaches deep into the readers very imagination and brings forth gripping emotions and wonderful shivers. Their romance is one that spans the realms as they embark on a dangerous journey in order to find the Vlad’s long lost sword that could save th ...more
Ashley (Red-Haired Ash Reads)
Roman and V set put for Romania to find V’s sword. Once there they come across Sabina and Camlo who have their own kind of abilities. Sabina quickly realizes they are Kings and V is the one from the story her grandmother told her. Sabina and Camlo join forces with the Kings to locate the sword and right the wrong done by their ancestors.

Roman and Sabina work together through dangerous magic to find V's sword. Along the way they finally admit their feelings. They also uncovered more of the plot
Pauline Hallick
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Roman and Sabine’s story will keep you on the edge of your seat. Dragon fire finally gives us the search for V’s sword, and we find more information on the Fae /Druid alliance. It is truly a story of fire and ice.

If you haven’t read Donna Grant, I can’t recommend The Dragon Kings highly enough. Dragons, Fae, Druids, Humans, Reapers, Death herself, adventure, family, trust, betrayal, romance, love, the Dragon Kings has it all and Donna gives us a world we can only dream of seeing.
Susan Underbrink
Apr 10, 2019 rated it liked it
A big thank you to NetGalley and St Martin's Press for the ARC.I am voluntarily reviewing this book. This is part of the Dark King's Series. I have found that while I like part of these stories, I truly am not into the entire Fae world. It apparently is not my thing. I just wanted to read about Sabina and Roman, I liked these characters. I skimmed when it wasn't about them. So I have a skewed perspective. 3 stars.
Heather andrews
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Roman is always making sure his woman doesn't neglect the important things, “doona wait to tell me you need food or water. I tend to forget such things.” Roman really is all for his woman, "Roman paused in buckling his sporran. He grinned when he saw her staring. “If it makes you look at me like that, then I certainly will, lass.” I liked this book, I loved Roman.
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog

Reviewed by: Clare M.
Shahla's World
I totally enjoy each line of her writing. I love the characters, the plots the many different levels, the romance, the passion. The suspense and just everything about them! I will say this is a series that is definitely a keeper and one to enjoy over and over again.

Check out the full review here: https://shahlas-world.blogspot.com/20...
Lori Long
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great story! I love the world that Donna Grant has created with her Dark Kings. Always adventure and romance and characters that you love and characters that you hate.
*Flora*
You can read my full review o my WordPress blog, Flora's Musings...

So, what did I like about it?
I’ve only read one other book in Donna Grant’s Dark Kings series (Heat - Dark Kings #12) but I enjoy the way that she tells her stories, the pace her plots develop and the fantasy world that she has created. I like that she gives us a prologue to set up what happened in the past as well as an epilogue to whet our appetites for future books.

I enjoyed the mystery aspect of this story and the way our l
Cathleen
Nov 18, 2018 rated it liked it
I received a free ARC from Netgalley.

I had read a couple in this series years ago so I was a little lost. The extra characters and viewpoints made this a complex story that was only in part about the main characters. I enjoyed their story and would focus on just those parts if I read this again.

Left with lots of questions and side characters hanging.

mature content
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Hour of Darkness (Hunter Legacy, #2)
  • In the Mood Fur Love
  • The Darkest Assassin (Lords of the Underworld, #14.6)
  • Demon's Mercy (Dark Protectors #9)
  • Darkness Returns (Guardians Of Eternity, #13)
  • Ensnared (Eternal Guardians Novella)
  • Break the Day (Midnight Breed, #16)
  • Conquer the Darkness (Guardians of Eternity, #15)
  • Cipher (Demonica Underworld, #8; Demonica, #18)
  • The Darkest King (Lords of the Underworld, #15)
  • Dining with Angels: Bits & Bites from the Demonica Universe(Demonica Underworld #7; Demonica #17.5)
  • Shadow and Ice (Gods of War, #1)
  • Vengeance (Dark Protectors #9.5)
  • Alpha's Promise (Dark Protectors #10)
  • The Darkest Captive (Lords of the Underworld, #14.5)
  • Prisoner of Night (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #16.5)
  • Sentinel of Darkness (Darkness #8)
  • Beware the Darkness (Guardians Of Eternity, #14)
Donna is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over a hundred novels. Her most popular series is the breathtaking Dark King (aka Dragon King) series featuring dragons, immortal Highlanders, and the Fae.

In addition to her novels, Donna has written short stories, novellas, and novelettes for digital-first and print release. She has been dubbed as giving the “paranormal genre a burst

Dark Kings (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Darkest Flame (Dark Kings, #1)
  • Fire Rising (Dark Kings, #2)
  • Burning Desire (Dark Kings, #3)
  • Hot Blooded (Dark Kings, #4)
  • Night's Blaze (Dark Kings, #5)
  • Soul Scorched (Dark Kings, #6)
  • Passion Ignites (Dark Kings, #7)
  • Smoldering Hunger (Dark Kings, #8)
  • Smoke and Fire (Dark Kings, #9)
  • Firestorm (Dark Kings, #10)

News & Interviews

Summer reading season is in full swing, which means many of the year's biggest and best releases are coming out of the gates. And although your Ju...