Start by marking “Isolation (Remnants, #7)” as Want to Read:
Isolation (Remnants, #7)

Isolation

(Remnants #7)

The best-selling author of ANIMORPHS and EVERWORLD presents a fresh, exciting, and gritty new science-fiction series that combines a little 2001, a little Armageddon, and a whole lot of action!
Three groups race to gain control of the ship and Mother--the ship's power source and the Remnants' only chance to create a new Earth. It's a race against the clock, each other, and
Published July 1st 2002 by Scholastic Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Isolation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Isolation

Start your review of Isolation (Remnants, #7)
Mike
Mike is Very Very Angry: A Review in Two (and a half) Parts

Part .5: Fuck You, TVTropes...
...if you lied to me about what I'm about to describe. Because that would be embarrassing.

Part 1: Fuck You, Scholastic
Fuck you. FUCK YOU.

Alright, so I should explain why I'm so angry, even though this review has two parts. See, here's what happened: Tate, one of the minor characters in this series, was written by Applegrant to be a lesbian. But then Scholastic removed it. They censored it.

description

There is no gif to
Caitlin
Arska-täti
Selviytyjät joutuvat valitsemaan, seuratako Tamaraa ja Vauvaa vai 2Facea. Vauvan motiivit ovat epäselvät, mutta kun Tamara onnistuu pääsemään Ratsastajien johtajaksi, ei asiasta ole epäselvyyttä. Häntä seuraavat ihmiset pakotetaan mukaan taisteluun Häijyjä sinisiä vastaan, jotta Vauva eli aluksentekijä voi vallata aluksen takaisin itselleen. Ehtivätkö 2Face ja Billy väliin, ennen kuin aluksentekijä ehtii toteuttaa suunnitelmansa?
Stephanie
Nov 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
I had thought the guy on the cover might be Anamull, as he has the sort of almost fierce expression I associate with Anamull’s tough comportment. It’s sure not Billy, Yago, or Jobs, or even Mo’Steel. And he’s too fierce looking (and young) to be T.R. or Burroway. But I guess it must be D-Caf instead, stalking in the trees as he spies on someone. Even though he looks pretty much nothing like I imagine D-Caf…

You know all of those alliance shifts and divisions and build up we’ve been having the
Julie
Jul 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
This one was actually very very good -- 4.5 stars, and the closest I've wanted to give 5 stars to a Remnants book (I may still backtrack to up my rating, depending on how the rest go). The scale of the action at the end made it almost feel like a series finale; although being the seventh book in a fourteen book series, I suppose it's more fitting to say that it's the mid-season climax.

The race to the bridge of the ship continues, as multiple forces all converge in an attempt to reach Mother: our
Thistle
Jan 09, 2017 rated it liked it
I don't even know anymore. These books are so short, I can't keep track what happens in one as opposed to the next.

There are three different alien species along with the last of the humans, all fighting for control of Mother (the ship). These two books were about a war, a "final battle" between the aliens, the humans just trying to stay alive.

In addition to the editing, one of the characters is really reducing my enjoyment of the series. He's the US president's son, spoiled rotten. As the book
Julie Decker
Aug 11, 2014 rated it liked it
The humans who are still alive from their destroyed planet are unable to find common ground, and they are split up into three groups at the start of this book. There is a showdown between the true entity behind the Baby and Billy, and Yago is devolving into a completely out of touch self-aggrandizing zombie. (Well, not that that's that much different from how he was before.) The fight between Riders and Meanies continues, and what finally happens to the future of humanity will be decided by the ...more
Landon Lundquist
Mar 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
Remnants- by: KA Applegate
This book is pretty good. It has lots of adventure in it, so that’s why I wanted to read this book. It turns out that I really liked this book. It has lots of fun stuff. It is also interesting. But It is probably not in my top 10 list of books.
Billy and Yogo are friends and they fight enemies from another planet to save the earth and everyone on it that is left. There are three groups that try to save the world. They want to save and take control of the ship. Getting
Wendy
Mar 28, 2008 rated it really liked it
A lot more action in this book than in the last.

All of the aliens; the blue meanies, the riders, the squid, launch into all out war over control of the bridge and ultimately Mother. The Baby, who has been a bit of a mystery until now, shows himself for what he really is and Billy gets pulled into the final battle for Mother.

I think this book is the turning point for this series. We learn a lot in this book about the different alien species and Mother. The battle for control is over and now we
Z
Apr 29, 2009 rated it liked it
Perhaps I read this with too many gaps in between sessions, because I am now mainly just confused. I really liked the fight between Billy and the Baby and Jobs's part in all that, and I understood that part. But a lot of the shifting alliances has started to confuse me. I also am having a hard time keeping the characters straight, which I remember being a problem the first time I tried to read the series, but at least it's kicking in later, this time.
Dexter
Feb 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Not the best of the Remnants, but had its redeeming qualities.
Yusra
Mar 21, 2011 rated it it was ok
Swankivy
Aug 20, 2008 rated it liked it
I was always looking forward to each release for the Remnants books. As always, this one combined scariness of "other" and scariness of "ourselves" in one volume.
Jan 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
It was good, I liked it.
Mary

• Our Chemical Hearts
  • Tarinoita Muumilaaksosta
  • How Not to Die Alone
  • Puputyttö
  • Moominpappa's Memoirs (The Moomins, #4)
  • Written in the Stars: Constellations, Facts and Folklore for the Armchair Astronomer
  • The Moomins and the Great Flood (The Moomins, #1)
  • Tales from Moominvalley (The Moomins, #7)
  • Moominsummer Madness (The Moomins, #5)
  • Trouble Is a Friend of Mine (Trouble, #1)
  • Moominvalley in November (The Moomins, #9)
  • Who Will Comfort Toffle?
  • The Book About Moomin, Mymble and Little My
  • The Unwanted Guest
  • Den farliga resan
  • Muistojenlukija (Väki, #1)
  • Let's Talk About Love
Katherine Applegate is the author of The One and Only Ivan, winner of the 2013 Newbery Medal. Her novel Crenshaw spent over twenty weeks on the New York Times children's bestseller list, and her first middle-grade stand-alone novel, the award-winning Home of the Brave, continues to be included on state reading lists, summer reading lists, and class reading lists.

Katherine has written three picture

Remnants (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • The Mayflower Project (Remnants, #1)
  • Destination Unknown (Remnants, #2)
  • Them (Remnants, #3)
  • Nowhere Land (Remnants, #4)
  • Mutation (Remnants, #5)
  • Breakdown (Remnants, #6)
  • Mother, May I? (Remnants, #8)
  • No Place Like Home (Remnants, #9)
  • Lost and Found (Remnants, #10)
  • Dream Storm (Remnants, #11)