Start by marking “The Eagle (Spy Girl, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Eagle (Spy Girl, #2)

The Eagle

(Spy Girl #2)

Revenge won’t change anything—or will it?

From USA Today bestselling author Jillian Dodd comes the second book in a sizzling series filled with action and adventure. Fans of The Selection and The Hunger Games will discover a heart-pounding thrill ride of espionage and suspense set in glittering high society.

The world’s most deadly assassin, a man known only as The Priest, h
Published October 10th 2016 (first published September 13th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about The Eagle, please sign up.
Jessica It's not like The Hunger Games at all. The series is base on Spies, Assassins like James Bond, Mission Impossible with Royals.

Shannon Moore
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I think I would've absolutely loved this book if the romance was just taken out. I know, I know, I'm the last person that you'd ever expect to say that just it's so confusing, unbelievable and inconsistent to me that I'm flat out ignoring it and pretending it isn't there. #sorrynotsorry

Truthfully, I don't even see it as romance. I see a teenage girl toying with a guys feelings while sleeping with another and flirting with anyone and everyone. But alas, I digress.

Okay, so the first book didn't
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Eagle (Spy Girl #2) by Jillian Dodd
4 stars!!!

“That is where you are wrong, my dear. You merely won a battle, not the entire war.”

This is such a hard review to write because everything is a spoiler, but the missions of Huntley Von Allister continue with a vengeance in The Eagle. After saving the Prince of Montrovia in The Prince, The Eagle starts with some well-earned downtime for Huntley, but it seems the world of espionage and assassinations have time for no-one.

As I said in my review f
Emma
Oct 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sheesh this is a hard review to write because of all the suspicions but no revelations, there is a lot of conjecture and inference within the narrative adding to the tension while not divulging much in the way of answers to the millions of questions thrown up the events within the plot. Yeah, I know I'm not making much sense but you need to read it for yourself and I refuse to spoilt it for you. Although there are few revelations there are tantalising tidbits of clues scattered through the narra ...more
Sara
Sep 23, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult
I was hoping this book would be better than the first, but it was honestly a let down. I didn’t care for the characters as much as I did and the plot bored me. I really wanted to enjoy this but I did not.
Jessica
Oct 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-blog
Suspenseful, explosive, and action packed.

The Eagle is full of unexpected plots, twists, and turns. It starts off with a powerful world leader being assassinated and the action never slows down after that point. Huntley, better known as X is assigned the case. Her mission is to find the assassin who took down the leader. It's not an easy because according to the world he has been dead for year, and their are things about him that are connected to Huntley's past. Amid all of the chaos Haley still
Ariella
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Huntley finally gets revenge on her mothers killer. She is love triangle between the prince and Daniel. I love this book and can't wait for next book.
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
Huntley is enjoying some downtime on Lorenzo’s yacht after completing her first mission with Ari. The gorgeous Daniel has invited himself to join her which leaves her feeling a little bit conflicted. She has two guys who she has genuine feelings for, she likes them both.

After the death of a high profile world leader, Huntley is assigned her next mission. This time it is very a personal one. The assassin who killed family. However, the mission turns out to be quite unexpected for her.

There is jus
Becky Cox
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
And the mystery continues.

The Eagle continues Huntley's story and the mystery involving her family. Her undercover partner who is acting as her brother starts to question her background as well.

Things heat up with her and Prince Lorenzo but she is still keeping him at arms length.

There is more spy action in this stallment and it keeps it exciting. Huntley gets to be more of a physical bodyguard for Prince Lorenzo. He just keeps getting sweeter and she is going to miss her chance with him if sh
Shelley
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Huntley was successful with her first assignment and now she has received her second. The president of the United States has been killed and it is time for Huntley to face the man she has been dreaming about killing since the day she watched him kill her mom.

Huntley will be brought back together with Daniel and she will realize that he is not the man she keeps dreaming about and soon the man she cannot get out of her thoughts is back in her life. Along with finding the man that she wants revenge
Tia
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series-spy-girl
Final Rating: 4 Stars
Rheanna
I was going to give this four stars up until the very end. I feel like there’s too many plot twists going on at the moment for me to keep up.
I’m not going to read book three.
Jessica Fether
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Totally sucked in to this mystery!! On to book 3 ...
Kelli
Jul 10, 2017 added it
I love love love this serious. it keeps my on my toes and make me wanting more. I can't wait to see what happens through out this serious. go buy it!!!
Romancerwblog
Sep 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.25 out of 5 stars

The Eagle picks up right where we left off in The Prince (Formerly known as Spy Girl) and it doesn't slow down at all! This time around I felt the pace throughout the entire book was more smooth and just simply flowed better. I was telling my blog partner when I finished it that I can feel myself getting more and more addicted the further in the series I go. Jillian Dodd really has a knack for creating these crazy worlds full of characters who you cannot help but love, but wha
Wendy
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“The Eagle” the second book in the “Spy Girl”series opens with Huntley Von Allister (aka “X”) and Daniel Spear cutting short their vacation on the Royal Yacht after the U.S. President is killed and his father takes over the leadership of the country. Suspicion that “the Priest” the assassin who killed Huntley’s mother is alive and responsible for the murder, Black X assigns her a new mission, to track him down and to find out who hired him.

Although the romance is wishy washy with Huntley flip fl
Venus Windmiller
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Eagle is book two in the Spy Girl series by author Jillian Dodd. When we last left Huntley she was on a luxurious yacht finally getting the downtime she so desperately deserved. However it was cut short when she received a new mission. A mission that started the The Eagle off with more action, fashion and hotties. It is difficult to write a review without giving away the plot or storyline for this series. Especially due to the action based nature of the books.

We can talk about the Prince an
Joy Novel Thoughts
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing

This novel was explosive! (Pun Intended)

There are so many moving parts that it keeps you on your toes throughout the book and just when you think you have it figured out WHAM! You are blinded side by something else.

Now that Huntley has successfully finished her first mission, and is enjoying time off when breaking news pulls her back to the US where is tasked with her next mission.
"I now have the assassin exactly where I want him."

The lies and deceit really ramped up this novel.

Huntley's hear
Chloe Hollis
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: any Jillian Dodd fans
Recommended to Chloe by: Jillian Dodd
Katrisha Reantazo
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
huntley was trained to be the best assasin. her mission is to kill the priest- the assasin who killed her mothee
Chrissy
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017, series

For those of you that have read Spy Girl, The Eagle is a MUST READ! This book picks up right after Spy Girl ended and takes us on another crazy ride, where we are left with more questions, yet seem to get some answers, and a lot of action in between.

Huntley is trying to relax after everything that has happened and is waiting for her next mission and is still looking for answers, Daniel has joined her on the yacht and Lorenzo is not pleased about it. Both o
Swathi
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
oh my god. This is even BETTER than the first one. I have SOOOO many things that I love about this book so let me go in order. First of all:-

1) Huntley is actually not that much of a playgirl. I'm really glad to know that there's actually a reasonable moral compass inside of her and that it is acting up well and good. Something that not only guides her well through this particular aspect but also another that made me TRULY proud of Huntley. And Lorenzo....oh my god. If she doesn't end up with h
Lisa
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
With the way Spy Girl ended, one would think The Eagle would pack a bit of a punch. And man does it ever. Talk about a page burner. I ate this book up. I love me some suspense and I also love me some hardcore romance. I love that Huntley is such a kick-butt heroine. I like that she is all business with a touch of play. Her part is played well. But I wonder, is it really a role she is playing? We are given bits and pieces of her back story and what had happened to her mother. We are also given bi ...more
Jessica
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
After reading the first book, The Prince, I was incredibly happy and looking forward to getting more adventures with this crew because I adored Huntley and the other various characters in this series.

But now... after The Eagle, I am completely and utterly addicted - the continuation of Huntley's story absolutely blew me away. Seriously. Right from the start, this book's plot kicked into high gear and it was a thousand times more intense and captivating. Between all of the spy chaos and boy drama
Kareena Kongyingyong
Like her previous spy girl book, this was also an easy read. I went through it so fast because of how the story felt so fast-paced. I’m honestly wondering if she actually needed to have 5 books for this story when I feel that if it’s written better, the story would fit in 3 books.

I’m so excited about the events that occurred in this book and is looking forward to what the next one brings.

I’m still not sure about certain characters frankly - Daniel mainly. I feel like certain characters that coul
Literary Epic
Jul 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is going to be a short review because I need to crack on with book 3. I can’t wait any longer ;)

I’m loving these spy books, Huntley is such a wicked character to read about. I’m sure every girl wants to be her!

Again, The Eagle was intense, action packed and full of twist and turns that you never expect. I’m still questioning everyone that Huntley and Ari come in to contact with and questioning everyone motives…. Who is behind it all? who is sending orders? who are they working for? Oh man
Sarah Dale
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is book 2 in the Spy Girl series and is full of adventure, action, twist and turns that have you completely engrossed from start to finish.

This one picks up with the a powerful world leader being assassinated and Huntley is assigned the mission to track down who did it. There seems to be a connection to her past. Secrets are revealed and more questions are raised over things she can't remember about her family.

Despite trying to solve an assassination she is also in the middle of a love tria
Eva
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-misc
I literally read this book in a day, I loved it so much. There are few books that I have read in that time span. I could not, for the life of me, put it down. There were so many twists and turns. The one at the end really threw me for a loop and I look forward to what happens in the third book. This series feels like an excellent TV series and each book is a season. I am left enthralled and chomping at the bit for more.

I normally hate love triangles but the chemistry between Huntley and Daniel i
Tobie
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Spy Girl #2 The Eagle continues the story of Huntley as she searches for her mother's assassin. Her mission is to find and kill The Priest.

Like other reviews, I don't want to give away too much about this book as there is a pretty big twist near the end. I will say that I'm loving this series and I feel it is the perfect YA series for students.

I didn't give this book as many stars as the first one because there were a few parts that happened really fast and were way too easy for an 18 year old
Leah
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love this author. this book is a little different for her but i really enjoy it. this is the second book in the series and i recommend that you read them in order. we are learning more about Huntly and how she is related to the Von Alster family all while trying to keep the prince safe and sleeping with the Vise President's son. We also find out that she has a thing for the prince as well. Even though there is a lot of drama, there is a lot of action that happens. it is a really fast read and ...more
Heather Carver
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another book that hit it out of the ball park!!! Amazing read that I had trouble putting down to do anything.

I'm fall in love with most of the characters in this book! I want so much to happen and I want it all now.

I love watching Huntley and how she handles herself in situations. She's human and it doesn't matter what she was taught she still has emotions!! She is one of my top favorite heroines!! I love strong heroines!

These are must read books!!
  • The God Organ
  • The Red Bullet (A Detective Emily Cooper Novel)
  • All or Nothing: An Abbott Springs Romance
  • The Sound of Sirens
  • Night's Favor (Night's Champion #1)
  • Set Me Free (A Fugitive #2)
  • Cinders, Stars, and Glass Slippers (The Classical Kingdoms, #6)
  • Gryffon Master: Curse of the Lich King (Crystal Sword Chronicles #1)
  • Royal Captives (Royal Replicas, #2)
  • Cruiser (Cruiser & Lex, #1)
  • The Force
  • Butterflies Wake (Butterflies #1)
  • Be Careful What You Wish For (Wishes, #1)
  • Red Station (Harry Tate, #1)
  • House of Judges (House of Royals, #4)
  • A Choice of Crowns (Dark Glass #2)
  • His Frozen Heart (Brewer Brothers #1)
  • Chasing Pretty
Jillian is a USA TODAY bestselling author who writes fun romance novels with characters her readers fall in love with--from the boy next door in the That Boy trilogy, to the daughter of a famous actress in The Keatyn Chronicles, to a kick-ass young assassin in the Spy Girl series. Jillian's books have enthralled more than a million readers since she burst onto the indie scene in 2011.

She lives in

Spy Girl (7 books)
  • The Prince (Spy Girl, #1)
  • The Society (Spy Girl, #3)
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • The Dauntless (Spy Girl, #5)
  • The Phoenix (Spy Girl, #6)
  • The Echelon (Spy Girl, #7)