Start by marking “The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Vol. 1

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Vol. 1

(The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess #1)

Once upon a time, wizards tried to conquer the Sacred Realm of Hyrule. The Spirits of Light sealed the wizards' power within the Shadow Crystal and banished them to the Twilight Realm beyond the Mirror of Twilight. Now, an evil menace is trying to find Midna, princess of the Twilight Realm, and the fragments of the Shadow Crystal to gain the power to rule over both the Twi ...more
Published March 14th 2017 by VIZ Media LLC (first published June 24th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about The Legend of Zelda, please sign up.
Jenna Woods So far there are 3 parts out for purchase and the 4th part is coming out in a couple months. I don't know how many parts there will be, but they are a…moreSo far there are 3 parts out for purchase and the 4th part is coming out in a couple months. I don't know how many parts there will be, but they are amazing! (less)
Trekkie technically, it's a manga (read from left to right)…moretechnically, it's a manga (read from left to right)(less)

Start your review of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Vol. 1
Khurram
Mar 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
A very good first volume. This is a good origin story and set up to the next volume. This really brings the game to life. However it suffers from the same problem as the Wii game. The introduction is too long. Where as in the game I would use this time to learn the controls, here it is really Link moving around the peaceful village. This is for around 85% of this volume.

The book starts off with the on introduction and formation of the Twilight realm. Then a magic duel for leadership. The majorit
Chrissy
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
I have to play Twilight Princess right now.
Carina
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rc-2020
I am a sucker for origin stories. I really like it a lot, the story starts off with Midnas origin shortly, but mainly focusses on Link and his life in Ordon. The pace is very slow in this book, but I think it is necessary to show how peaceful and beautiful life in Ordon ist and how loveable all this characters are to make it even more painful when they are in danger. Towards the end of Volume 1 events get quite gruesome and brutal. You feel that this is the start to something big.

Excuse me, I ha
Lauryn
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was my first ever Zelda manga and it was a lot of fun!!
Noel Sierra
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As a huge fan of the game, I really enjoyed this manga adaptation. This is just the very beginning of a grand adventure, and it provides a great deal of exposition. Link is given a voice and characterization beyond “really strong, cool hero guy with a sword,” and more time is spent developing the side-characters. If you love the game, you’ll likely really enjoy this manga—but you don’t have to play the game to understand the plot.
sally ✿
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
currently reading: Volume 3

A lot darker than I was expecting, but still a lot of fun! It's super interesting to see how the authors develop, change and add to the story from the video games. The art is absolutely gorgeous.
Beth
Mar 22, 2017 marked it as manga
I haven't played the game this manga is based on, so don't know how closely it follows the game's story. This feels a little dark, to me. The main reason, I think, is because in the Zelda games I've played, Link bears the major risks (I'm not counting Zelda getting captured, because she's only ever damseled, not fridged). In this volume quite a few villagers are injured, threatened, or possibly killed, and Link himself suffers a pretty gruesome injury. I can see why the publisher decided to seri ...more
Grace
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
OMG I LOOOOOVE THIS I AM SOOOO GALD I GOT THIS!!!! i love the game and i thought to myself maybe i'll try out the manga....SO GOOD!!! i love the manga style, i love the new story and i just love everything about it.. Link is so cool and awesome (as ever), ilia is nicer in the book and talo is annoying more than ever which is not a surprise, hahahahaah!!! i love this and i cant wait for the second one to come out!
And i strongly recommend this to anyone who love legend of zelda or who love manga
Jared Suarez
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There are so many parts of this that just got me like "Wooow woooow wooow, what was that? That's new" ...more
Jesseca
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*RIPS OFF SHIRT* MY FAVORITE GAME HAS A MANGA IM SO FUCKING READY FOR THIS
Francis
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Tougher review to give, as I have not played through the entire video game to know how much it matches with it. However, this first volume definitely matches up fairly well with what I remember having played.

This is a MUCH darker story than The Legend of Zelda: Legendary Edition, Vol. 1: Ocarina of Time Parts 1 & 2 (which is the only other manga book that I've read). This story does take a bit longer to get into than The Ocarina of Time did. There is a lot more back story and lesser events that
Anniken Haga
Aug 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Twilight Princess is by far my favorite tLoZ game ever. I've played it 3 times, and I've been thinking about playing it again lately. But I don't have a lot of time to game these days, so I thought maybe the manga would still my hunger. So far, it's only fed the fire, so to speak, as I WANT MORE! WHY DID I ONLY BUY THE FIRST BOOK?!?!

The art is pretty and just right for me, and the story is true to the game as well as having a lot of original elements. I'm really looking forward to reading on and
Victor The Reader
As a huge Nintendo fan, I was so entranced into this manga based on the Legend of Zelda universe 🗡. It was definitely different seeing the hero Link have dialogue, where in the video games, he’s a silent protagonist. The first volume has great art and a story that has plenty of fantasy, humor and emotion (Grade: A).
Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe)
Francisco ruiz
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
good book but very short needs more words
soleil
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Twilight Princess was the first Zelda game that I got really into. I first got interested in it when my brother's friend showed us that you could fly if you jumped off a ledge while holding a chicken. :) I was hooked.
This game fueled so many great memories for me. My cousins and I got really close as we played through the game together. I also found my love of writing through imagining how the game would continue after the ending. This game made me a writer. I found my voice through writing "epi
Michelle Lowe
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've read volumes 1-5 so far, and just waiting on the sixth to be released in English. I've been a Zelda fan since my dad played the first game on our old Nintendo game system. Yip, the ol' gold cartridge. I'm such a nerd for Zelda and all the different stories that have followed throughout the years. The last Zelda game I played all the way through was Ocarina of Time on Nintendo 64.
Twilight Princess is a collection of awesome stories that start with Link trying to escape his past and is drawn
Stephanie - Books Less Travelled
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star, 2017
Loved it! I have been a Zelda fan...almost forever! I started playing video games at 3, and Zelda:Majora's Mask is still one of my favorite games, and the story and lore with every game is amazing! So when I seen this at the library, I had to grab it! While I already know the basic story from the game, it was fun to see it in a different format, and to revisit Link and his friends, and to see more detail in the story line. Well written, and fun fact, I just realized after reading this what Akira ...more
Liam Vich
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. This is NOT what I expected.
At the beginning it explains that it was difficult to publish this ten years ago due to the content rating, but I didn't imagine it actually meant something considering the saga it's based on.
The manga expands what we already know about Twilight Princess: this volume narrates the beginning of the game in a much darker, deeper and detailed way.
I got it with a special edition of Breath of the Wild, but I didn't know I'd end up wanting to keep on reading.
This is ve
Morris
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I like the part when link starts saving hyrule
Nevaeh
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
loved it sometimes its confusing but its really good if you play the game
Kylie Smith
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-reads
This is an awesome book!
William Bryant
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
this is only the beginning......... the adventure is so big, it is in multiple books
Alysa Craigie
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Big nerd! I LOVE TWILIGHT PRINCESS!
Cheryl
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
It's been a while since I was excited to read a Manga and the last time I read one was in 2014 I guess.
As I already expected it from the duo Akira Himekawa, the art style is absolutely amazing! I loved everything about it, because it was easy to follow, created great atmospheres and is in general just stunning and absolutely fitting for the world of Hyrule.
The story of the first Manga is exactly the storyline of the beginning of the game. So why should you read this?
First of all - of course -
Andre
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Now the art is good of course, nothing else was expected from the artist; however the story is pretty average. Kind of memorable, but nothing really that made me want to continue.

It is sadly pretty average in pretty much everything, like the priests having all sorts of thick clothing (basically drowning in them= and the priestesses being pretty scantily dressed, almost like strippers.
In addition even at about 40 % of the story I was not sure whether this was already plot or for the most part sti
Shannan
I’m going back and forth on how I feel about Link’s little backstory here, but overall, I’m loving this one! One of the problems I’ve had in the past with Zelda mangas is that the pacing felt so rushed, so I was glad when I saw that this particular story had been serialized into multiple volumes, which I figured would more or less solve that. So far, so good! What a relief too, as Twilight Princess is one of my favorite Zelda games, story-wise, I don’t think I would’ve forgiven them if they didn ...more
H.S.J. Williams
Mar 09, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-webcomics
As a Legend of Zelda fan, it was about time I read this! The art is simply phenomenal, and it’s interesting to see them develop the characters in new ways. This manga is definitely for teens on up due to the dark atmosphere, serious themes, and violence. It is a little funny how young Link looks at the beginning of Book 1 compared to the end. I guess anger ages you. 😂

My one complaint is that despite the art being beautiful, the action can be a bit crowded and hard to follow on such small pages.
Wow
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess is among the first JRPGS I've Played , the ones that made me fall in love with genre.

That games is a timeless classic , sadly Nintendo has changed the way they make their games and breath of the wild was such a dissapointing game .

getting to the point here, this an amazing adaptation in my opinion , it takes the games's plot and adds a lot of minute details to it that makes it a great fun to revisit that world.

I loved the personality of Link in this one, will
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Age 1 2 Nov 26, 2019 12:33PM

• The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • The Legend of Zelda: Art & Artifacts
  • The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia
  • The Legend of Zelda: Encyclopedia
  • Splatoon, Vol. 1
  • YO-KAI WATCH, Vol. 1
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 10 (Yotsuba&! #10)
  • Yotsuba, Tome 8 (Yotsuba&! #8)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 7 (Yotsuba&! #7)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild — Creating a Champion
  • ペルソナ5 1 (Persona 5, #1)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 03 (Yotsuba&! #3)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 5 (Yotsuba&! #5)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 9 (Yotsuba&! #9)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 4 (Yotsuba&! #4)
  • ¡Yotsuba! Vol. 11 (Yotsuba&! #11)
  • Splatoon, Vol. 3
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 2 (Yotsuba&! #2)
Akira Himekawa is the collaboration of two women, A. Honda and S. Nagano. Together they have created nine manga adventures featuring Link and the popular video game world of The Legend of Zelda, including Ocarina of Time, Oracle of Seasons and Four Swords. Their most recent work, Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, was serialized in Shogaku Rokunensei.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (10 books)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Vol. 2
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Vol. 3
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Vol. 4
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Vol. 5
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Vol. 6
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Vol. 7
  • ゼルダの伝説 トワイライトプリンセス 8 [Zelda no Densetsu: Twilight Princess 8] (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, #8)
  • ゼルダの伝説 トワイライトプリンセス 9 [Zelda no Densetsu: Twilight Princess 9] (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, #9)
  • ゼルダの伝説 トワイライトプリンセス 10 [Zelda no Densetsu: Twilight Princess 10] (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, #10)

News & Interviews