Start by marking “Introvert Doodles: An Illustrated Collection of Life's Awkward Moments” as Want to Read:
Introvert Doodles: An Illustrated Collection of Life's Awkward Moments

Introvert Doodles: An Illustrated Collection of Life's Awkward Moments

"Marzi's charming and irreverent illustrations are exactly what young and old introverts need to approach their temperament with wisdom and self-affirmation." --Susan Cain, author of "Quiet" Whoever said there's strength in numbers lied. Meet Marzi. She's an introvert who often finds herself in awkward situations. Marzi used to feel strange about her introverted tendencies ...more
Published December 2nd 2016 by Adams Media Corporation

To ask other readers questions about Introvert Doodles, please sign up.
Toni • Reviews & Randomness Introverts are shy but they still like to have friends and be thought of. It's awful to feel that you miss out on something because no one bothered to…moreIntroverts are shy but they still like to have friends and be thought of. It's awful to feel that you miss out on something because no one bothered to tell you about it and it's also nice to be able to choose whether to go or not.(less)

karen
Dec 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-laughter
 photo IMG_8724_zpsnhywk1co.jpg

this is one adorable book. the older i get, the more i have found myself drifting comfortably into 'introvert' territory. i used to be quite the social butterfly, accepting all invitations and striking up conversations with interesting strangers wherever i happened to be. and i don't know if i just got older and more particular about how i spend my time, or if the years of retail soured me on interacting with the public at large, or the realization that most 'interesting strangers' are actually
Nenia Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

I got this from a co-worker and I'm not sure how I feel about it. On the one hand, I think the author's drawing style is really cute, in the same vein of simplified yet charming styles as artists like Sarah Andersen and Allie Brosh. On the other hand, I'm really freaking sick of the stereotypes of introverts being rude and dysfunctional AF and how people try to portray such antisocial behavior as being "cute" and "unique." I'm saying this a
Sheri
May 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, nonfiction
A quick, humorous read highlighting the life of an introvert. Many comics that we here on Goodreads can identify with especially when we're reading a good page-turner!
Mridu  aka Storypals
My introvert heart is and will always be happy because this book exists.
Vanessa
Dec 02, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Vanessa by: Glommable
The laaaast book of 2017? (Checks watch) Most likely.

I found this cartoonist via this article on Glommable: 10 Absolutely True Comics for Lit-Lovers.. And you should click on that link, because they are adorable. So I used an Amazon gift cert I got over Christmas to check out Marzi Wilson's book.

This is a fun, giftable collection of Wilson's cartoons (there are no page numbers, and that really bugs me, because I'm insane.)

(Girl, haven't you heard? You STILL can't eat at Chick-Fil-A.)

That las
Melissa
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2017
Found this book while looking for something else at the library yesterday. Perfect for my mood today, as much as I think I've come out of my shell since my youth I still totally related to all of this, so Introvert still! And if you are an introvert or friend/family of an introvert, you might want to check this one out!
Anusha Narasimhan
Aug 23, 2016 marked it as to-read
This is now officially my most anticipated book of the year. Why so, you ask? Well, I got acquainted to introvert doodles blog only some time back and I am hooked. The writer seems to be an INFP and I'm an INFJ. She is also a book lover. So, I can relate to most of the posts. The doodles bring a smile to my face or make me nod in agreement or sigh, "Finally! Someone expressed what I've been mulling over for a really long time". Hence, I'm super excited about this book's release.

Though the book r
Tariqul Ponir
Jan 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sequential-art
Not that everything fits me. But a lot of it does. :3
Melanie
Nov 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gift-i-received
Marzi has created a cute book of doodles that will have you laughing out loud and immediately sharing with your fellow introverts. I knew we were kindred spirits as soon as I landed on her page entitled "Why I'd Rather Be a Cat" (Note: this was only about four pages in, so I was hooked!).

One very positive aspect of the book is that Marzi doesn't take herself too seriously and finds humor even in life's most awkward moments.

I wasn't able to identify with all of her doodles (she commented herself
Liliana
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
YES. Perfect in every way (except who doesn't have time to discuss donuts in the break room. WHO?)
Mehsi
I am a fan of Marzi's comics, so when I found out she also had a book filled with them, of course I had to get it.

I am not sure if I would qualify for introvert, I have a lot of things that would classify me as such, but the same goes for the extrovert side.

This book was pretty relatable, a lot of the introvert comics made me go: OHHHH, that is exactly me (preferring a quiet day at home, reading books, not a fan of calling people, getting tired from too much interaction, to state a few examples
Claudia
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I started following Introvert Doodles/"Marzi" on Instagram maybe a year or so ago, after one of my friends re-posted one of her pictures. I browsed through her feed and found myself relating to a lot of the posts. I think this book is a great collection of the doodles and there were definitely a lot I hadn't seen before so it was nice to see something new. It was a fairly thick book, too, which I very much appreciated. ^_^
Pouria
Sep 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Marzi's doodles are awesome. I read them on Instagram. They are one of the few things in this world that can make me feel better no matter how bad I'm feeling. Most of the time I read them over and over again just to maintain the warm and delightful feeling that I get from reading her doodles.
I can't really express the loveliness of Introvert Doodles with words, you just have to read them.
Ellie Coalier
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Marzi perfectly depicts the woes of an introvert! This is the most relatable book I've read this year! I'm excited to see her new comics! Want a cute, relatable, and humorous comic book? 'Introvert doodles' is for you!
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Marzi's doodles are relatable, quirky, and funny. Whenever I'm feeling down or when people comment on how 'quiet' I am and should talk more, I always go back to Marzi's doodles, which almost always make me feel better. I don't feel so alone when reading her comics.
Christy Whiteker
Introvert doodles♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Loved this book. I related so much to alot of the book. I didn't want it to end. So cute, funny, relatable.
T.S. Pagan
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I think someone wrote my diary!
Sean Goh
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: relating, comics
Adorable and (some at least) relatable. Though the general characterisation of introverts hate all people and love all animals feels off. Would have been more accurate to say prefer company of a very select group of people. Other than that, quick, light read.
alisonwonderland
I discovered this cartoonist on Instagram, and I enjoy her work. As a sister introvert, I related to many of these cartoons and laughed out loud to a few. Fun read!
Sue
Jan 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Is it possible to be an introverted introvert? because that's what this author is. .and I guess that Is the point of the book....Although I consider myself somewhat of a shy person and maybe an introvert.. not to this extent.. and yes.. I have to voice some insult to including librarian as one of the professions best suited to this personality type - not so! children's librarians are part performer to audiences of children and adults alike... so I found this book kind of amusing and a quick read ...more
Kendra
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you're an introvert, you are almost guaranteed to love this book. From the "Application to Be My BFF" to "An Introvert in Her Natural Habitat," these doodles struck a chord with me and often made me laugh out loud, too. I'll definitely be checking out the website and keeping up with Marzi's introverted adventures.
Michelle Regan
Jan 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
You might be an introvert if....you identified yourself throughout this book! Very cute, fun...and true.
Jenn Lopez
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh-Em-Gee! This is ME! Love these cute illustrations of life as an introvert. It was great there were extrovert comparisons. Almost every page made me say, "Yes, I get her! This is me!"
Missamay2003yahoo.com
Nov 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed these comics. Many made me lol and feel less alone in the world. Others less so. I would recommend it for all the introverts out there and those who live them.
Katie
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book spoke to me so hard. I recently started following the author/illustrator on Instagram, and find her art relatable and funny. Over the last few years I've learned to embrace being an introvert and manage my energy much better so that I can enjoy social gatherings...as much as possible...and in general just be happier. I like that Marzi's themes tend to be around self-acceptance and self-appreciation.

I didn't identify as much with the 'creative' side of being an introvert that was referr
Kristen
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love little books like this--books that you can read and go, "OH MY GOD, THAT'S ME!"

I'm really more of an omnivert (which really just means I'm somewhere in the middle of the extrovert/introvert spectrum), but my introvert tendencies appreciated and identified with many of Wilson's cartoons. I have several friends who are also going to love this.
Medeia Sharif
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As an introvert, I related to almost everything in this book. Wilson represents introverts well, and in a humorous manner. This was a breeze and a pleasure to read.
Bill Powers
Dec 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very cute interpretation of Introverts!
Susan Bazzett-Griffith
A cute and relatable collection of short comics about being an introvert. Likable and smile inducing, but predictable and perhaps a bit trite. That said, a fun, quick read. 3 stars.
Lanesha
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was sooo hilarious. It also reminds me of myself and my friend. I definitely recommend this to all introverts out there-- you know-- for some "so true that it's funny" humor!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Heart and Brain: Gut Instincts: An Awkward Yeti Collection
  • Abridged Classics: Brief Summaries of Books You Were Supposed to Read but Probably Didn’t
  • Be Everything at Once: Tales of a Cartoonist Lady Person
  • Deadpool: World's Greatest, Volume 7: Deadpool Does Shakespeare
  • The Midas Flesh Vol. 1
  • Best Bear Ever!: A Little Year of Liz Climo
  • The Taking Tree: A Selfish Parody
  • Simon's Cat vs. the World (Simon's Cat, #4)
  • How To Use A Semicolon
  • Books of Adam: The Blunder Years
  • Baking With Kafka
  • The Utter Zoo Alphabet
  • The Odd 1s Out: How to Be Cool and Other Things I Definitely Learned from Growing Up
  • Ink in Water: An Illustrated Memoir (Or, How I Kicked Anorexia’s Ass and Embraced Body Positivity)
Maureen Marzi Wilson is an introvert and a doodler. She likes to share her awkward encounters through comics. She created an Instagram account as a way for her to better understand her introversion. Over time she has learned to love her introversion and she hopes that her book will help the readers realize that they are all lovable too.