Start by marking “Beyond Surrender (Beyond, #9)” as Want to Read:
Beyond Surrender (Beyond, #9)

Beyond Surrender

(Beyond #9)

The final book in the bestselling, award-winning series...

She's the heart of O'Kane liquor.

He's the brains of the revolution.

They're facing a war that could end their world. Again.

On December 13th, the Beyond series comes to its climactic conclusion with Nessa and Ryder's story--and the final battle between the sectors and Eden.
Published December 13th 2016 by Kit Rocha

Start your review of Beyond Surrender (Beyond, #9)
MischaS_
Nov 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, english
Edit 12/5/2020: So, almost the end of my re-read of this series minus some novellas I believe.
And my opinion did not change much from the first time reading this.
The couple is not really working for me, it's too out of nowhere and bit too "need one more book, so, who are the still single characters in this series?"
I totally was skipping some of their scenes together.

But I was totally here for the "war" story arc. Plus I enjoyed the POVs by different characters than Nessa and Ryder.
Maybe this s
Deborah
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The perfect end to an unforgettable series.

The final book.
Wow after so many years I'm not sure how I feel about finally saying goodbye to the O'Kanes and that's the reason I've pushed back reading this, I just couldn't bring myself to read the last book but with 'Gideon's Riders' on the horizon I felt it was beyond time I plucked up the courage to read this and say goodbye.
This book was everything I wanted and more, for me it was by far the best so far and the perfect end to what has been an un
Jewel
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"O'Kane for life!"

I am really sad to see this series end. It's a bittersweet feeling, for sure. And just like the other 8 books in the Beyond series, this one is action packed! I am happy that we have a spin-off series to look forward to, though. Bring it on!

What I love about this series, is that the women do not damsel. They're strong, self assured, and fight and play just as hard as the men. Also, the men are not emasculated by having such strong women around. They revel in it.
Kate
 photo BS1_zps7nbnfhsa.jpg

4 Wasted Chances Stars.

The lights are out and Eden is dark…. The war has come and things will never be the same. The sectors are united and it is all or nothing in this final instalment.

Nessa the princess of O’Kane liquor has lived a very secluded life growing up in the sectors. She is a big part of the O’Kanes but for everything that has been happening in the series Nessa is very naïve.
Nessa has been burnt in the past. She was only used for the knowledge she had of making booze. Since the
Maria Dimitrova
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Part of the MacHalo Reading Challenge 2017 edition. A book celebrating diversity.

I've been waiting for this book for what seems like ages! The previous book ended with the opening salvos of a war that was long in coming. A Revolution that could claim the lives of so many including the characters I have grown to care for. And while I enjoyed the romance budding between Nessa and Ryder I was much more interested in seeing whether the revolution would succeed and at what cost. More than once I was
Federica the heir of fire
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 in love stars

photo raw_zpsnae9sdgq.gif

Wow what an exciting,fantastic and special ride,i can't be we're at the end of the line and i really don't know whether to sob or cheer.
Kit Rocha created one of the most thrilling and interesting words i've ever read about and i'm so happy that i stumbled upon their books.
This book was no exception,i smiled and i cried (I hate you Kit) and i cheered and fell in love with all the characters all over again.
I loved Nessa,her spunk and her love for her family were beautiful to
Ellen Gail
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
A darn good ending to a wonderful series
Chelsea
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
FUCKING PERFECTION. That's how you end a series. ...more
Tori
Originally posted at Smexybooks-http://smexybooks.com/2016/12/joint-r...

Reviewed by Mandi & Tori

Beyond Surrender is the ninth and last installment in Kit Rocha’s Beyond series. Nessa, O’Kane princess and ruler of the distillery, finds her sanity and strength tested when she falls for the one man whose only goal is to see Eden fall. The sectors are going to war and nothing will ever be the same again.

This post apocalyptic series has been a favorite of Smexy Books since its first installment, Beyo
Maria Rose
Beyond Surrender is the ninth and final novel in the erotic dystopian Beyond series. It’s the end of a long story arc that began in Beyond Shame, and shouldn’t be read as a standalone as it starts without much preamble and dives headlong into the current tense situation from the very first page. Where the earlier stories have been about the hard living, sexually free O’Kane extended family making the most of their time together, playtime is definitely over. This story leads the reader on a rolle ...more
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Java Girl's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

My level of anticipation and dread was sky-high for Beyond Surrender. I let the ARC sit on my Kindle for several days before I worked up the courage to start it. If I didn’t start it, it couldn’t end, right? I know there are spin-offs in the works (I’ve had my Gideon’s Riders tee-shirt for months), but I’m still so sad to leave Sector Four and the O’Kane Gang. We’re sure (I hope!) to see them in future books, and I look forward to every g
Aly is so frigging bored
1st read: December 2016
WOW

Ryder
[image error]

Nessa

Me because the series ended

This was a fitting end for the O'Kanes. I can't wait to see Gideon's sector now.

2nd read: September 2020
I can't believe I forgot how much I love this series! There definitely won't be such a big break between my rereads :D
Maria11
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great ending

Finally a book that reflected the start of the series. Great hot sex, but solid well developed characters. Great story lots of action. This was the reason I started the series and I am glad I stayed strong through the rest to get to this one.

Great wrap up! O'Kane for life!
Chris
Dec 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Oh how I love the O'Kanes - the loyalty, courage and honor between friends & families. I have loved this series from the start and have really enjoyed the dystopian / erotica focus. It's gritty, edgy and really damn hot ! While this was Nessa & Ryders story I felt the real focus was on the war and uprising. There was so much going on, so many characters having moments that it got a little hard at times. For me Ryder was a little underwhelming so it was lucky Nessa was such a great character- he ...more
G.
Dec 20, 2016 rated it liked it
The series finale delivered on the O'Kane liquor-fueled Sector revolution, but skimped on Nessa and Ryder's story. Beyond Surrender is an enjoyable read, but Nessa and Ryder left a faint impression. A shame, I was looking forward to their book. ...more
Dana ~ The Dirty Smut'atter
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, alphas, 2016
I have been a huge fan of this series from the very beginning and find this moment very bittersweet!! O’Kane for life….

If you have been following along in this series we all know that War is upon us. The sectors have finally united to take down the city of Eden and all it stands for. This moment has been brewing from the minute we first meet Noelle leaving Eden and finding The Broken Circle.

This installment centers around what I consider two very key players in the sectors….Nessa [The O’Kane Pri
Leigh Kramer
What a fantastic end to a fantastic series! It’s all been leading to this moment, to the war between the Sectors and Eden. I was super nervous while reading because Kit Rocha did not hold back from depicting the painful cost of war. While I knew Ryder and Nessa would get a happy ending, I knew that didn’t necessarily mean everyone would make it through. There are some truly heartbreaking moments and I cried for much of the last half of the book.

And yet, there’s still so much hope and redemption
Beyond Surrender is the final book in Kit Rocha's Beyond series but don't worry because it's not quite the last we'll see of the O'Kanes. We're moving sectors in the upcoming spin off series but the authors have confirmed we'll still see some familiar faces occasionally while we're getting to know a new bunch of characters in Gideon's Riders. I want to focus on this series for now though and the epic conclusion that we get to see here.

Beyond Surrender is the culmination of the story arc that has
Erin Arkin
What can I say…I always have mixed feelings when I get to the end of a series. I really want to know what happens and how things wrap up but on the other hand, I don’t want it to be over. Beyond Surrender, the ninth book in the Beyond series by Kit Rocha, had the same reaction from me. I was both excited and a bit apprehensive when I got the ARC for review.

Beyond Surrender focuses on Nessa and Ryder and the story actually starts with these two characters. I have to admit I was on the fence with
Lisa
Nov 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Every time I think Kit Rocha can't top the last book I'm proven wrong.

The series is my crack. I hide away in a corner and immerse myself in the O'Kane world. This being the last book in the series I knew I was going to be on an emotional rollercoaster.

Beyond Surrender is Nessa and Ryder's story and it was all sorts of amazing.

Nessa is strong and sassy but you also see her vulnerability and her unwavering devotion to her O'Kane family.

Ryder's single purpose has been preparing to lead a revolu
Z-squared
Dec 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, spank-me
One strength of this series has always been the backdrop of Eden, its simmering class tensions and the Machiavellian maneuvering of its shadowy bad guys. The dramatic arc of the war between Eden and the sectors provided a lot of the series's momentum, but each story was always first and foremost about the couple whose love story was being showcased. Well, until the series finale, that is. There was just too much going on in the war (and too much fan servicing in other characters' POVs) to allow ...more
★Winter★
I was both sad and excited when this book downloaded to my kindle. Sad because one of my favorite series was coming to an end. Excited because once again I was getting the chance to dive into the life of the O’Kanes. This book was very different than the previous books. Which I somewhat expected. After all the author is ending a long standing series. The first half was on the slower side for me. And I may have shed a few tears while reading this. A first for me for this post-apocalyptic world. B ...more
Lisazj1
4.5 stars, a great ending for one of my favorite series, though it wasn't without cost. :( I will miss this family, though I hope to see them here and there in the new series, Gideon's Riders, which I am very excited for! Thank you Kit Rocha for a hell of a ride!

(view spoiler)

O'Kane for life!!
Melanie
Dec 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Review originally posted at RabidReads.com.

It is always hard to say goodbye to a beloved series and a beloved cast of characters. This is no different. I’ve been a huge fan of this series since I read Beyond Shame back in 2013. This series has a been a great mix of wonderful characters, amazing world-building, action-packed plotlines and some really dirty and well-written sex scenes. I don’t remember how I stumbled upon this series. It was my first by this author pair (under this name or their o
Kelly
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2016, ebooks
Saying goodbye to a beloved series is HARD. Especially when there's a chance some of the characters you've come to know and love might not make it through the final battle. But, MAN, was it worth it. Because those O'Kanes are fighting for the survival of every last one of them in the sectors PLUS all the innocents inside Eden and they deserve to finally find some peace.

*gets all mushy on everyone*

On top of the heartache and bloodshed that comes with war, there's also the signature O'Kane sexy ti
Lisbeth Tejada
Dec 25, 2016 rated it liked it
It's more like a 3.5 and while my love for this series is pressuring me to bump it up to 4 stars, I can't bring myself to do it.

Personally, I think this series should've ended a few books ago. There are too many characters, and coupled with the time it took between books, it became hard to remember everyone and things got kind of out of control for me. Having said that, I enjoyed this book, I just didn't love it.

It focused too much on a war that was always a second theme in the series, cause the
Laz the Sailor
Dec 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: smut, scifi
This book is constrained by the 8 previous books. The author had plot obligations and numerous cameos to include. This is a good book, and it is the necessary conclusion to a fantastic series, but it isn't the best book of the bunch.

The sex lacked the crazy passion of previous books - the action scenes were more intense than the sex scenes! And people popped up out of nowhere to provide the crucial shot or piece of intelligence.

I really love this series - the best of the sub-genre. I hoped for a
Biate
Jan 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
After such a long time and being apart of the characters of sector fours lives the series finally comes to an end. And what an ending it was. I laughed and cried and stopped breathing there for a second, but I enjoyed every moment.
Kelechi
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was alright! I wasn't feeling the chemistry as much but I like the way the series was wrapped up! ...more
Emmalita
Apr 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
I am a constant ball of rage. I'm not afraid for my life in the pandemic, I'm afraid for everybody's life. I am enraged by the constant flow of lies, gaslighting, misinformation and toxicity coming out of the current administration. I am terrified for the future of the country I live in and the world as a whole. Every time I read about what the current administration and it's supporters are doing I see spots and start to feel the top of my head list off. I am determined that they will not kill m ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• A Fake Girlfriend for Chinese New Year (Holidays with the Wongs, #3)
  • How to Catch a Queen (Runaway Royals, #1)
  • Starbreaker (Endeavor, #2)
  • A Match Made for Thanksgiving (Holidays with the Wongs, #1)
  • A Big Surprise for Valentine's Day (Holidays with the Wongs, #4)
  • A Second Chance Road Trip for Christmas (Holidays with the Wongs, #2)
  • Home: Habitat, Range, Niche, Territory (The Murderbot Diaries, #4.5)
  • Reign to Ruin (Myth of Omega, #4)
  • The Duke Who Didn't (Wedgeford Trials, #1)
  • Xeni (Loose Ends #2)
  • Phoenix Extravagant
  • Get It Right (Love at Knockdown, #1)
  • Let It Shine
  • Hunting Beauty (Possessing Beauty, #4)
  • Stealing Beauty (Possessing Beauty, #2)
  • The Beast of Blackmoor (A Gathering of Dragons #0.5)
  • His Beauty
  • Grumpy Jake
Once upon a time, two best friends decided to write paranormal romance. And while that was awesome, they also sometimes wanted to write insanely dirty stuff that wasn’t paranormal at all. This is that stuff.

Kit Rocha is the dystopian-erotic-romance writing alter-ego of writing duo Moira Rogers.

Beyond (9 books)
  • Beyond Shame (Beyond, #1)
  • Beyond Control (Beyond, #2)
  • Beyond Pain (Beyond, #3)
  • Beyond Jealousy (Beyond, #4)
  • Beyond Addiction (Beyond, #5)
  • Beyond Innocence (Beyond, #6)
  • Beyond Ruin (Beyond, #7)
  • Beyond Ecstasy (Beyond, #8)

News & Interviews

“The O'Kanes fucked freely and gleefully, but that wasn't why they fell in love. They found the people who carried them through the fuckups and cherished them even though they were flawed, fallible humans. Nessa” 4 likes
“I know shit about sex that would make hookers blush, but I haven't had a lot of it that was memorable." His” 1 likes