Start by marking “Lessons I've Learned” as Want to Read:
Lessons I've Learned

Lessons I've Learned

With her trademark humour, warmth and honesty, Davina McCall shares her life experiences.

"I am a work in progress. There are times when I feel in control and like I know what I'm doing . . . and there are times (quite a few) (actually lots) when I've got no idea what's going on, where to turn, what to do, how to behave, and those are the times I've sought help!

I have been
Published December 20th 2016 by Orion

To ask other readers questions about Lessons I've Learned, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lessons I've Learned

Amanda Claire Bower
Outstanding

Every house should have s copy of this wonderful book. I have learnt so do much . Davina I salute you xx
Katie Harding
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this. It was a 'gobble up in one sitting' kind of book! It's not autobiographical or in any way self indulgent, it's a sharing of some of her life experiences and what she's learned along the way and how shes used those lessons to overcome adversity, help others and promote a happy and positive life.
Its an incredibly genuine and honest book, with laugh out loud hysterical moments in some chapters and others that leave you with a lump in your throat. It's real, relat
Melanie Abbott
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Listened to this on Audible. Really well read - like going for a coffee with a friend. Really enjoyed and would recommend
Leanne
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: autobiography
I don't think I ever would have thought that I would be reading this book as I didn't like Davina McCall a while back. I found her behaviour a bit too over the top rather than charming. However, I saw this book in the library and thought, 'Why not?'. The book is actually a mixture of being humourous, interesting and useful in different parts.

It's not the usual autobiography that you might come across with an in depth description of the person's life but it does include a lot of useful informatio
Vivienne
Oct 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Excellent book written from the heart
Hannah
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I very, very, very rarely find myself reading autobiographies, especially by those who aren’t deemed ‘internet celebrities’. It’s just not my jam. So I was really taken aback as to why I felt the need to pick up Davina’s ‘Lessons I’ve Learned’.

Davina has always been someone whose made me laugh. Her general attitude when I used to see her on Big Brother always made me giggle. She was interesting to watch! But I wouldn’t say I felt exactly interested to read about her life.

Gosh! I was so wrong.
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
"An Absolutely fabulous Read"

I found this book so open, honest and refreshing. Davina talks about the highs and lows in her life so far and does not gloss over her much publicised drink and drug taking habit.

Towards the end of the book Davina describes her emotional and intimate time with her sister. I could just imagine Davina reading it to a captive audience and being able to hear a pin drop amongst the silence. It bought tears to my eyes.

Davina mentions some books that really helped her and
Katie C1990
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When I first started reading this book I wasn't sure that I was going to enjoy it but after the first few chapters my viewpoint totally changed. I loved reading about what had happened in her life for her to see things the way she did and what she put in place to deal with certain things that her and her family were going through. I love how she talks about her family in the book and the lessons she has learnt from being a young age right up until now. She deals some great advice in this book an ...more
Araceli
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great collection of condensed advice and tips. Davina speaks from personal experience, not repeating what other books might advice and her humor and positivity make it a very enjoyable read. Some of the sections might sound like pure common sense, but I believe it's important to remind ourselves from time to time... as well as reflect on what truly matters. We are not perfect, and we are constantly evolving. It is our responsibility to keep working on our selves. "I'm me... A work in progress. ...more
Kelly
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have just finished listening to Davina McCall on audible and really enjoyed her autobiography. She is honest and insightful and I found that I just wanted to keep listening to see what subject she would tackle next.

Listening to this book, made me thankful for what I have got and reminded me that being yourself is all your should ever be.

A brilliant autobiography that details highs and lows her battles with addiction and her overwhelming love for her family. A brilliant reflective autobiography
Zoe Gothard
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
I listened the audiobook on a long drive and I think that was my issue as I wouldn't have read it how it was spoken and made her sound like she was now living a perfect like that somehow she controlled.

Apparently if you decide you want something it will happen, but I've been trying that for a few years

Ellen Stafford
Jan 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
A great book with good advice. Davina shares her tips and advice that she has learned for all aspects of life including dealing with the kids, being a working mum and things she learned from her childhood and growing up.

I enjoyed reading the book and it left me feeling more positive about life and to be grateful for what I have. Loved it.
Carol
Jan 29, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book and the way it was written. There were a lot of good life lessons included, and an insight into Davina's troubled childhood and adolescence. I gave 3 stars as found it a little disjointed in parts, and sometimes her life came across as more perfect than reality.
Mark Thomas
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loved the way Davina read this as though we were good friends sitting across from each other.
That said I had difficulty following any red thread through the book. It was very jumbled and makes it unfortunately hard to recall many of the good lessons to remember.
Emma Swift
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: enjoyment
Great read through what makes Davina tick and some heartfelt passages on her unique upbringing, influences and what motivates her. An enjoyable read that was part of my plane journeys to Japan and within it.
mrs j a button
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved reading this can identify with so much of davina's story

Really identified with so much of theses lessons, such a complex array of emotions, davina may not be everyone's cup of tea but I enjoyed reading about her struggles but she's real no holds barred
Rachael Mounteney
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love Davina, and to hear her in my head as I read this book just makes it that more personal. The mistakes she's learnt are life lessons that just make you want to give her a hug!

Well written and such a personal book, will be reading again and again.
Marie
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
Started off so well & was really enjoying it, but then I found it became so patronising and seriously contemplated giving up.Sorry not my cup of tea 😢
Lucy
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Davina, you truly are marvy. This book has been so beneficial for me. Everyone should read this book imho.
Alanna
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing read.

Very heartfelt and honest. I learnt a lot from this book. Women need to share their stories to each other more.
Michelle
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A very interesting honest read. I really could relate to her and it opens up your eyes about how we perceive other people and ourselves
Emma Hockley
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fancied reading something different and thought I would try this book. Brilliant, more of an insight into Davina’s life than an autobiography. Was a good read and would recommend
Michelle Ohara
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
FANTASTIC BOOK
Charlie Jackson
Jul 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Not quite what I was expecting but certainly a good thought provoking read, written with honesty & humour.
John Wilkes
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I don't keep many books once I've read them, to potentially read again. I kept malala youzafsai's autobiography, and eat pray love by Elizabeth Gilbert. Until now. I'll be keeping this book too.
Claire Clairbie
Love the honest approach and can imagine Davina reading to me
Merelda Ilnora
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Reading this book now really enjoyin
So far...
Katie Nelson
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Davina's book "Lessons I've Learned" is a sort of autobiography, set out in the form of lessons that certain events or experiences in her life have taught her, so, as she explains, we don't have to learn them ourselves.

I got the audio version of this because I find it so much more engrossing to hear an author read their own books, because they deliver it how they intended and can put so much more emotion into the performance. And having Davina read this made you forget it was actually a book, be
Kerry McIntyre
Nov 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm not sure what made me pick up this book, but I'm really glad I did. It's positive and sincerely written. Whilst I cannot relate to everything she says, it is clear this is written from the heart in the hope the advice she gives helps someone.

I didn't really know much about Davina before I picked this book up, but upon reading I think she's a pretty inspirational person. Some of the stories in this book, especially those from her childhood, I could really relate to and for that alone I'm gla
Wendy Greenham
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book with some brilliant information in. Does really get you to try and feel positive about yourself. A definite must
  • The Boy in the Book
  • Indian Takeaway: One Man's Attempt to Cook His Way Home
  • Rock Stars Stole My Life!
  • Letters to my Grandchildren: Lessons for the Future
  • Gypsy Boy On The Run
  • No Cunning Plan
  • Bonkers: My Life in Laughs
  • Dear Me
  • Happy: Finding joy in every day and letting go of perfect
  • No Room for Secrets
  • Becoming Johnny Vegas
  • Late Fragments: Everything I Want to Tell You (About This Magnificent Life)
  • The Mammoth Book of Bizarre Crimes
  • Society's Child: My Autobiography
  • How the Girl Guides Won the War
  • Oh, Whistle, and I'll Come to You, My Lad
  • We Need to Talk About...
  • Behind the Mask: The Life of Vita Sackville-West