Start by marking “Iron to Iron (Wolf By Wolf, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Iron to Iron (Wolf By Wolf, #1.5)

Iron to Iron

(Wolf by Wolf #1.5)

Once upon a different time, there was a boy who raced through a kingdom of death."
Sixteen-year-old Luka Lowe has one goal in mind: Win the 1955 Axis Tour and become the first Double Cross victor. If he can accomplish that, maybe his father will finally see him as a worthy son. He's completed the grueling trek from Germania to Tokyo before, but this time is different. Luka
Published March 8th 2016 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

Start your review of Iron to Iron (Wolf By Wolf, #1.5)
Chantal
This was so great!

I was quite angry after finishing the wonderful Wolf By Wolf that Ryan Graudin didn't tell us what exactly happened between Luka and Adele. I wanted to know so badly, and this novella is that story!

We follow the race the year before Yael enters; Luka Löwe is ready to win the Double Cross. But there are some unforeseen circumstances and things don't turn out the way he planned.

I loved this novella, it was just as exciting and fast-paced as Wolf by Wolf and totally added to the
Wren (fablesandwren)
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 05-stars, not-shelved
"Hate made perfect training fuel, and he had a lot of training ahead. Iron called to iron, and there was always something more. Fräulein would enter next year's Axis Tour, go for a Double Cross of her own. When she did, Luka would be ready.

He'd be more than ready.

Nineteen fifty-six was going to be Luka Löwe's year."

You ABSOLUTELY MUST read Wolf by Wolf first.

This is the story of Adele's first Axis Tour. You know, the one Luka met her in? Hmmmm?

OMGSH it was so good. I love this little gem of a
Arunima
ambsreads
Apr 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've been wondering about Luka and Adele's history since I first read Wolf by Wolf and HELL THIS DID NOT DISAPPOINT.

Better review to come once I have electricity again.
Poonam

After reading Wolf By Wolf I was very much interested in knowing what really happened between Luka and Adele.

Whatever we know about Adele from the first book is all through Yael but Adele still remained a mystery. But in this book we actually know who Adele really is.
"I'm not going to waste mine fulfilling someone else's idea of who I should be. That's why I entered the Axis Tour. I want people to remember my name."

We also now know what really happened between Luka and Adele. It wa
Summer
4 Stars, Completed March 17, 2016

I loved Wolf by Wolf so obviously when I learned Iron to Iron was released (months ago; this is a belated review) I dropped everything and sat down in my reading nook to finish the novella in one sitting.

Madison
Review- 8/3/2016: When I finally bought this, I ran around the house and I was all jumpy because I was so excited. 40 pages in and I couldn't stop moving because I was so excited for what was going to happen in this novella. I finally stopped being a jumpy little mess at 70 pages ish?
I love Wolf by wolf so so so much. It's one of my favourite books of all time and just.. Ah I just really want everybody to read it!!
In this novella we follow Luka Lowe and I dislike him because of what happened in
Anja H.
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*5 ADRENALINE FILLED STARS*

Yesss, I loved this!
I'd been dying to know what happened between Luka and Adele during the previous Axis Tour! Curiosity satisfied!

Review coming soon!
Christina
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars

"Once upon a different time, there was a boy who raced through a kingdom of death. He wore a brown jacket where all others were black, and it was said that his face could snare the hearts of ten thousand German maidens at first sight. His own heart? Hidden behind layers of leather and sneer and steel. Untouchable.
Until it wasn't"

This is the story of Adele's first Axis tour. The one that she met Luka in. The one that is so hinted about in Wolf By Wolf, but not explained. I was so excited t
Lily-Rose
Feb 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Iron to Iron gives us Luka and Adele's backstory during the 1955 Axis tour. This world is so interesting...scary but still captivating and it was great to revisit it through Luka's POV! This fills a lot of gaps and references in Wolf by Wolf, especially what went on between the two of them ;) Now I'm not sure how I feel about Luka and Yale BUT we'll see what book 2 brings :D
Daphne (Illumicrate)
A wonderful little novellla from Luka Lowe's point of view, as he tries to win his second Iron Cross and gets foiled by the real Adele Wolfe. Ryan's writing is so vivid and this insight into Luka's past and thoughts has made me adore him a thousand times more. A must read for all fans of Wolf by Wolf that need something to help with the long wait for Blood for Blood!
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
There are novellas and then there are novellas that are truly worth the $2 you spent on them. Iron to Iron falls in the latter category. I've all but quit purchasing novellas because 90% of the time, you get 10 pages of actual story and the rest is "bonus" content or a "sneak peek" at a story you've already read, most likely the one that made you want to read the novella in the first place. And while this novella did include bonus chapters from Wolf by Wolf, there was real meat to the actual sto ...more
Kristy Mauna
"Iron called to iron, and there was always something more."

I really enjoyed this novella! It's told through Luka's POV - who I actually really liked from the beginning, so of course I enjoyed getting to know him better.

We get to know more about Luka and Adele's past, and understand more about who he was in Wolf by Wolf. Their past is very interesting and now everything Luka did in the book makes more sense.

"That's not why you wear the jacket. It's not because of mosquitoes, and it's not b
Stacey (prettybooks)
Wolf By Wolf was one of my favourite books of last year so I absolutely had to download Iron to Iron, a novella that takes place before the events of the first book.

Iron to Iron is narrated by Luka Lowe as he tries to figure out newcomer to the world famous Axis Race, Felix Wolfe – Adele Wolfe in disguise. Even though we already know the outcome of the dangerous motorbike race, the relationship between Luka and Adele is still a little bit of a mystery, so it was great to get to know them bot
Alexa
Mar 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This short story DEFINITELY adds another layer to the series. I highly recommend you read it, it was amazing!! It gives you an insight to what happens during Adele's first World Axis tour through the eyes of Luka.
Skip
May 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-books
Alternate history. This is a little prequel novella to Wolf by Wolf but it was too singularly focused on the backstory of Lukas Lowe and Felix (Adele) Wolf and the Iron Cross motorcycle race. It lacked the additional storylines which made the first book so excellent, in my opinion.
mina
Nov 04, 2020 rated it it was ok
I probably should’ve read this immediately after Wolf by Wolf because I was indifferent while reading this. ...more
Snehith Devalapalli
A good filler after the first one. Even though the end was revealed in the first book, the tension was maintained well.
Sara Saif
Dec 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*sobs*

This was flawless. And exquisite. It was everything a good novella should be and then some. Heck, it was almost more entertaining than Wolf by Wolf. Reasons?

1-Luka Lowe
2-Motorcycle racing
3-Backstory
4-Adele Wolfe

I am head over wheels in love with Luka now. The guy is freaking adorable and such an amazing narrator. He's hilarious, he's gorgeous and once we get to see his softer side, insanely cute and root-worthy. In WBW we didn't know exactly what had happened, though I was able to form a

Rikke
Jun 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
It was a great treat getting to read about the race that went before that of Wolf by Wolf. It answers some unknowns and being Luka's story it's focused around him. And around Adele too, which was quite awesome. I'm glad I saved reading it until now as it appears my copy of Blood for Blood has been dispatched and may arrive any day. (Hopefully it isn't a mixup, but the actual-much-anticipated book, fingers crossed...)

I recommend reading it if you're curious as to what actually happened the year p
Lia
Dec 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Pretty, pretty please give me all the dirt on Luka and Adele!

UPDATE: More. I. Need. MAWR.

Brad
Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-reads, 5-stars
a novella that was the perfect length for a quick read, Iron to Iron was amazing in capturing the depth of Luka's character, as well as providing details that were alluded to in Wolf by Wolf.
Grace P
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2016
This was an amazing novella! I definitely know why some of the characters are the way they are now. I'm excitement to read Blood for Blood now!
 LEAH⇢
☆4☆STARS - GRADE=B+

Taking place before the events of Wolf by Wolf, but should still be read after that book, in my opinion. A worthwhile read at 104 pages, of which 86% is the actual story, which is fairly good for a novella, usually it's only half that.

~~~~~~~~~~~๏~~~~~~~~~~~
Book Cover~ Love it.
Series~ Wolf by Wolf #2
Setting~ The AxisTour Route
Source~ Kindle eBook (Library)
~~~~~~~~~~~๏~~~~~~~~~~~
Book Hunter
Feb 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult-read
Iron to Iron takes place a year before the events of Wolf by Wolf. We finally get the explanation for what occurred between Adele and Luka in the prior race. For me, this prequel didn't really add much to what could already be guessed in Wolf by Wolf. I expected a little bit more characterisation instead of just a summary of the race. And it was rushed, obviously, since it is a novella, and novellas suck. I'm about to start Blood for Blood, and I completely out of idea how it will turn out.
Carina Olsen
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved Wolf By Wolf so very much. And when I heard there would be a Luka Löwe enovella I could not wait to read it. So glad it finally arrived today. Eee. I had to read it right away. And I'm so glad I did so. Because it was amazing. Short, yes, but also a hundred pages, eee, so just long enough :D So much love for it.

The writing is so gorgeous. The story is so exciting. And I loved how much of it takes place just driving through stunning places. It was great to read about. Especially with such
Zoe
Mar 18, 2016 rated it really liked it

Iron to Iron is an impressive novella. Not only does it provide insight into Adele and Luka's relationship during the 1955 Axis Tour, but at the same time it also manages to get readers even more excited for Blood For Blood.

Iron to Iron takes place a year before the events of Wolf by Wolf and follows Luka Lowe as he tries to become the first person to ever win two back-to-back Axis Tours.

At only 1
Allison
Mar 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
I absolutely loved getting to know more about Luka and Adele's time together. I liked that we got to see different sabotages and strategies play out (while similar to those in Yael's race, we see them from a different perspective). I just love this world that Graudin has warped to her own purposes and appreciate every bit of knowledge and history that we get to learn.

As for the pairing of Luka and Adele... sigh. I really do love them together. It was so cool to see how they interacted as opposed
Kirsty
Feb 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016-read
Overall this was enjoyable and a nice little prequel novella to Wolf by Wolf but it just didn't really live up to what I wanted or expected.

I wanted a bit of back story and a little more depth to Luka's character and I suppose we got that but he just wasn't what I wanted him to be. I was hoping he was a rebel when he was really only some begging for his dads approval and I was hoping he was relentless and ruthless and instead he was a love sick puppy.

This has made me want a prequel novella on A
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Memento (The Illuminae Files, #0.5)
  • Conspiracy of Blood and Smoke (Prisoner of Night and Fog, #2)
  • Prisoner of Night and Fog (Prisoner of Night and Fog, #1)
  • The Ghost Tree
  • Wait for Me
  • Felix Ever After
  • The Match (It Happened in Charleston, #1)
  • Titan
  • One Christmas Wish
  • In the Shadow of the Valley: A Memoir
  • This Eternity of Masks and Shadows
  • The Boy in the Red Dress
  • The Crooked Mask (The Twisted Tree, #2)
Ryan Graudin was born in Charleston, South Carolina, with a severe case of wanderlust. When she’s not traveling, she’s busy writing and spending time with her husband and wolf dog. She is the author of Invictus, the Wolf By Wolf duology, The Walled City, and the All That Glows Series.

Wolf by Wolf (2 books)
  • Wolf by Wolf (Wolf by Wolf, #1)
  • Blood for Blood (Wolf By Wolf, #2)