Start by marking “Zero Repeat Forever” as Want to Read:
Zero Repeat Forever

Zero Repeat Forever

(The Nahx Invasions #1)

He has no voice, or name, only a rank, Eighth. He doesn’t know the details of the mission, only the directives that hum in his mind.

Dart the humans. Leave them where they fall.

His job is to protect his Offside. Let her do the shooting.

Until a human kills her…

Sixteen year-old Raven is at summer camp when the terrifying armored Nahx invade, annihilating entire cities, taking
Published August 29th 2017 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Zero Repeat Forever, please sign up.
Gabrielle Prendergast Probably late 2018 or early 2019. I'm writing as fast as I can!

Edit: It's now scheduled for late 2019. Sorry!
Gabrielle Prendergast The cover was designed by Lizzy Bromley. She's designed many beautiful covers!

Candace Robinson
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this one! I will warn you that the pace is a rather slow pace, and the book may not be for everyone because I am sure there will be complaints about some of the subjects within... BUT I don't care because it was so good. Eighth did get pretty emo at times, but I probably would too in his situation. The bond between Eighth and Raven wasn't always flowers and roses either which felt more real to me.

The one thing out of everything that I was like noooooooo was this line... "That's a
Carrie
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Raven, her boyfriend and his twin brother were sent away to a summer camp when the teens got into some trouble at home. While at camp however the attacks from those known as the Nahx began happening around the world. With little communication those at the camp chose to stay where they were and hope for rescue but that comes to an abrupt end when Raven's boyfriend is found with a Nahx dart in his back, it seems their safe haven is no longer safe.

Eighth has no voice and no name, only his rank to
Dani - Perspective of a Writer
Check out more reviews @ Perspective of a Writer...

Eighth has no voice or name, only an offside who it is his duty to protect. When a human kills her the directives that hum in his mind loose their power... Sixteen year-old Raven is away at court mandated summer camp where the outdoors life is meant to get her head on straight. Instead the armored Nahx invade and they are left with the instructions to "shelter in place." Everything changes when Raven's boyfriend is killed by a Nahx. Thrown toget
Suzanne
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
I actually found the first half okay but the ending brought it from 3* to a 4* because it really left you determined to get your hands on book two! I love sci-fi so I ate this one up rather quickly. The plot is intriguing and the characters are okay but I do hope to connect more with them in book.
Angelica
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: People who liked The 5th Wave and aliens in general
Recommended to Angelica by: Me, 'cause I'm awesome
Let me start off this review by telling you all a little fact about myself. I like to begin reading new books at midnight. I don't know why, but something about inconvenient hours of night makes me want to pick up a good story and start reading. So, it was at around midnight on a Saturday, well, technically Sunday, that I decided that I was going to read this book. I lied and said I would only read a few chapters, but we know that's never how it goes. So, someway, somehow, I ended up reading thi ...more
kath | novelandfolk

"Dart the humans. Leave them where they fall."

I'm quite taken aback by how much I loved Zero Repeat Forever. It delivers everything one would hope for in a science fiction involving an alien invasion such as:

-aliens (of course)
-weird alien suits and weapons
-lots of frightening post-apocalyptic scenarios that make you ponder the fragility of the human race
-some spunky kids who are fighting terrible odds of survival but never quit trying

But what I didn't expect at all was the beauty I wo
Crazy4Books
This was a thrilling alien invasion story with a diverse cast of characters. We get a gay couple and characters from different ethnic groups. The mysterious aliens were very captivating and I loved how they used sign language to communicate. The pace was slower than I usually like, but I didnt mind too much since it worked for the story. The way the story and the characters were written made this crazy alien story feel more real. The grief and hope gave it a lot of depth and the whole wilderness ...more
Justine
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really good. I picked this up because it was on Alex Brown's best YA SFF list for 2017 over at Tor.com and it was one of a few on there I hadn't yet read. Also the author is Canadian:)

This alien invasion book focuses on character development and lots of inner dialogue about emotion rather than action scenes, so if that's your thing, you might enjoy it. The ending was great, and has me looking forward to the sequel.
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
I hate when I'm reading a book, thinking it's a stand-alone, only to discover that is definitively not. What I don't hate, though, is this book. It was a lot of things I wasn't expecting: the beginning of a series and a contemporary sci-fi novel set in real world Canada. For some reason, I was envisioning a futuristic world being invaded by alien forces, not present-day. But it so works. If I'm being honest, maybe even better than The 5th Wave, especially after that mind-fuck of a final book. Bu ...more
Chelsea
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved this.

I think saying this is The Fifth Wave meets Beauty and the Beast is a fair comparison but this book is also so much more. This is Poe’s The Raven, Life As We Knew It, The Lord of the Flies...

This is a story about an alien invasion that follows a bad ass chick who is trying to survive with others as they figure out what is happening around the world. It also follows one of the aliens who is “defective” and is experiencing emotions and confusion. The pacing is slow as we learn about
Helena _Triz
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me ha gustado, más incluso de lo que me esperaba! Una mezcla entre una historia apocalíptica y La bella y la Bestia, y qué queréis que os diga...que a mi me han conquistado con esa fórmula. Un libro que se lee muy rápido y que engancha mucho. Y un final que me ha dejado boquiabierta por lo que desvela, que da un giro completo a todo lo que pensaba que sabía y que me ha dejado con unas ganas enormes de leer el siguiente libro *-*
Hollis
"There is no age of majority after an apocalypse."

The pitch for ZERO REPEAT FOREVER is basically THE FIFTH WAVE meets BEAUTY AND THE BEAST. This is pretty damn accurate so I should be over the moon, right? Wellllll.

His bluster gives me a strong next-to-die vibe, like he's that guy in the movie who has to fly one last mission, or retires the next day. I wish I weren't sitting right across from him, in range of any potential blood splatter or flying organs.

Even though things aren't the same, the s
Jessi (Novel Heartbeat)

The world is gone. It was taken from us, the way a massive heart attack takes a life. Swiftly, ruthlessly, almost as though there is nothing personal about it.

HOLY. SHIT. YOU GUYS. There are not enough words to properly describe how much I LOVED this book! And the more time that passes, the more I love it. I can't get it out of my head. I thought about it all day the following day after I finished it. I just can't stop thinking about it! It's really gotten under my skin in a way that not many b

Lamaleluna
Aburrido.
Interminable.
Estaban duda de ponerle un dos o un tres a este libro. Si me preguntan si me gustó o si lo disfrute la respuesta es no. Lo único que llego a rescatar es el final, que me sorprendió y me terminó gustando.
El libro cuenta sobre una invasión extraterrestre, en donde tenemos a dos protagonistas.
Raven es una chica humana que está huyendo de la invasión, con el pequeño grupo de supervivientes.
Octavo es uno de los extraterrestres, que no entiende del todo a qué se debe la invasión.
Lilly (Lair Of Books)
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
NEVER have I been this happy to have stuck by a book til the very end! This book did such a 360 & now I'm left NEEDING BOOK 2!!!!! Review to come shortly, thoughts I have a plenty! ;)

(Blog link is in the bio)

UPDATED FULL REVIEW: 4.5 STARS!!!!
Full review can also be found on Lair Of Books: https://lairofbooksblog.wordpress.com...

PLOT

Zero Repeat Forever is THE book that demanded patience of me in return for a nice pay-off. Slow paced yet instantly addictive, I couldn’t quit this book. The sto
BooksTwins
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
RESEÑA EN EL BLOG: https://bookstwins.wordpress.com/2019...
No puedo creer lo mucho que me gustó este libro. Lo peor que es yo no soy de leer esta clase de libros pero este desde que leí la sinopsis me llamó la atención. Estoy muy contenta de que no me haya desilusionada porque le entre con mucha emoción.
Los personajes me gustaron todos, algunas más que otros, por ej. Octavo lo adoro mientras que a Raven la aprendí a soportar, hay que entender un poco toda la situación que están viviendo.
El final
Yusra  ✨
writing a review for this because I just changed my rating to 2.5 stars.
“zero repeat forever” failed to make me feel any ways. trying to make me feel bad for a lost love interest that turns out to be a whole asshole? good luck.
the main character was more of like... a piper maclean from HoO? we hear of her being mixed/with a crazy Afro & I just imagined her as Belle bc that’s how useless she turned out to be.
beauty and the beast is my fav , I love it to death; but August was a weird alien
Christina (christinareads_)
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Review also on Christina Reads and Blogs

Rating: 4.5 stars

I had a hard time getting into Zero Repeat Forever initially. It's slow paced in the beginning, but once it picks up, I couldn't put it down. It's definitely more character driven than plot driven, but once the characters find their motivation or destination, the action picks up a lot more. If you're having the same trouble I was starting this book, do not stop reading it. You will be so happy you kept with it!

The characters! Raven and Eig
Dania
Jun 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Rating: 4.5

Oh.Dear.God. This was a constant whirlwind of emotions! I stared at the last page for a good five minutes after finishing it. If this does not qualify as a book hangover then I don't know what it does.

It was absolutely incredible. The writing was superb, captivating, and surprisingly addictive. I read this 500-page bad boy in a day.

A post apocalyptic/alien invasion tale narrated from two different POV -- Eighth's (Alien) and Raven's (Human). The story kickstarts right after an alien
Ashlee » Library In The Country
It started off a little slow, but really took off near the halfway point. Perfect for fans of Partials!
Nadine
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Zero Repeat Forever is the Canadian version of The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey. Both are stories of an alien invasion that feature a young woman as she navigates the new world and eventually closely interacts with an alien. The difference between the two stories, and what I think makes Zero Repeat Forever stand ahead of The 5th Wave, is a mixed race (black/white) protagonist and the writing style.

The main character, Raven, is a mixed race young woman with a troubled past looking to redeem herself. R
joey (thoughts and afterthoughts)
This book was pitched to me as 'CanLit re: Alberta' and 'aftermath of Alien invasion" and all I could think about was Canadian The 5th Wave.

...so I'm okay with:

Eighth = Silencer/Evan Walker
Raven = Corvus = Cassiopeia

lalalalala I am trash.
Adele
Thank you to Simon & Schuster Canada, via Netgalley for allowing me to read and review this book in exchange for an honest review.

Before I get into the review, can we just sit and appreciate the beauty that is the Zero Repeat Forever‘s cover? It’s beautiful and I love it. I loved the cover before I read the book, and now that I’ve finished the book, there is so much significance in the artwork. Even the lettering. THE COVER IS BRILLIANT.

I was initially drawn into Zero Repeat Forever by the c
Erika
This review and more can be found on Living for the Books

For some reason, alien books have never really been my thing. I think it's because whenever I read something involving aliens it's really weird. I didn't remember enjoying The 5th Wave, even though I never ended up finishing that series, so I was intrigued by the pitch that this is that meshed with Beauty and the Beast. I'm a sucker for fairy tale retellings and especially for that specific retelling, so I knew I had to give this book a sh
Brenda Waworga
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
4.5 stars but i rounded it to 5 here

Oh my heart I don’t know how I will survive until book 2 come out because I will keep thinking about this book and story everyday of my life and I just want it to end happily ever after and my ship sail smoothly but I know it will be just a wishful thinking but anything can happen in a book right? right.. sigh.. so many feels ughhh… that’s how good this book is for me LOL

This book probably sounds like “The 5th Wave” but its actually completely different story
T
☆Stephanie☆
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hey all you!

I am so happy to see the response from the post about Megan. I wanted to leave all your comments there and untouched because the post isn't about me, it's about Megan and how wonderful she was. So thank you all for the outpouring of love. I hope she knew we all loved her so much.

It's a new month, and according to the lying calendar, it's supposed to be Spring. I got snow last night, and IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE SPRING. But what can ya do?

I have been on a huge Backlist reading kick. But I
Pou | Book Lovers Always
Esta es la primera vez que leo una historia sobre invasión extraterrestre, y me ha gustado. Es aterrador y la desesperación es palpable, espero el proximo libro con ganas, tengo algunas teorías sobre ese suero en los dardos... Me atrapo la lealtad y el amor del Nahx para con Raven, en determinado momento me descubrí sufriendo más por él que por los humanos.
Evelyn Swift (Featherbrained Books)
ARCimage
I love a good YA sci-fi every now and then and the title and cover completely drew me in when I spotted this on NetGalley. Unfortunately, like most other readers have pointed out, this reminded me a lot of the Fifth Wave, which I read not that long ago. The pace was very slow as well. Now, I don’t always mind a slow book and I was intrigued enough to finish the novel, but it was beyond sloooow. Like "main characters don't meet until 50%" slow.

I found the world-building and character developmen
Delara
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm always on the lookout for smart, well written young adult science fiction and without a doubt Zero Repeat Forever fits into that category. In fact, it rather defied my expectations. I've been finding it hard to connect with books recently, taking a few days to get through the first 100 pages. For this read, 150 pages went by as if time didn't matter. Cue this reader devouring ZRF into the wee hours full of all the emotions. I could not put it down. This book, it had me.

Raven is not your ty
⭐Anni⭐ (Book Princess)
I had never heard of this book when I randomly picked it up at the bookstore. Didn't exactly know what to expect. It turned out an interesting read and a solid 4 stars - not mind blowing, but still pretty good and I'd recommend it and will probably read the sequel one day.

Zero Repeat Forever is your good, old, ya sci-fi enemies to lovers novel - with maybe one exception: it's more enemies to friends, and that was so refreshing and beautiful. It starts out with these...let's call them aliens...in
  • The Memory of Fire (The Waking Land, #2)
  • The Door in the Sky
  • The Detainee (The Detainee Trilogy #1)
  • Beauty and the Beast (Demon Tales, #1)
  • Renegade (Ripper, #2)
  • No Good Deed
  • Sin City Goddess (Secret Goddess, #1)
  • The Pioneer (The Pioneer, #1)
  • Lotus and Thorn
  • The Wild Dead (The Bannerless Saga #2)
  • Sanctuary (Sanctuary, #1)
  • The Dark Intercept (The Dark Intercept, #1)
  • Such a Good Girl
  • The Devil's Colony
  • The Corps of the Bare-Boned Plane
  • Devil's Call
  • Adela Arthur and the Creator's Clock (The Chronicles of A, #1)
  • Shadow Flare (Ruby Callaway #2)

The Nahx Invasions (2 books)
  • Cold Falling White (The Nahx Invasions, #2)