Start by marking “The Fall of Lord Drayson (Tanglewood, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Fall of Lord Drayson (Tanglewood, #1)

The Fall of Lord Drayson

(Tanglewood #1)

Who is he really? A high and mighty lord or a lowly servant?

When Colin Cavendish, the new earl of Drayson, informs Lucy Beresford that she and her mother need to vacate the house they've called home for the past two years, Lucy is fit to be tied. They have no money, no relations they can turn to for help, and nowhere to go. How dare the earl break the promise his father ha
ebook
Published August 2016 by HEA Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Fall of Lord Drayson, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fall of Lord Drayson

Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
Kindle freebie (again), Sept. 5, 2018, for this Regency romance. If sweet and warmhearted Regency romances are your literary crack of choice, go grab it!

Lucy Beresford is the daughter of a poor vicar's widow. At the time of her father's death, she and her mother were lucky enough to receive an oral promise from the old earl of Drayson that they could continue living in the Yorkshire manor's dower house as long as they needed a home. Which they do, very badly. So Lucy takes it poorly when the old
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
Have you ever watched a Fred Astaire movie and thought how effortless his dancing seemed? In actuality, it was a lot of hard work and talent that made his dancing appear so graceful and easy. I kept thinking of that while reading this book and how effortless Rachael's transition from writing Contemporary romance to Regency romance was, when I'm sure a lot of hard work, research and talent went into it. I'm convinced Rachael can write and succeed in any genre and am personally grateful she has ta ...more
Kathy
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2016
I was so excited for this one!! How could I not be? Rachael is one of my favorite authors and I love reading Regency romance. This was destined to be a perfect fit. It did not disappoint.
From the characters to the story-line to the laugh out loud funny parts, I loved it all.
Don't miss this one!!

Content: Squeaky clean
Source: Ebook review copy
Julie Carpenter
Full Review

I am a huge Rachael Anderson fan and this book has made me an even bigger fan. Can we say fan-girling right now? YES!!!! I have loved everything I've read of hers. All Of which were contemporary novels so reading a favorite author who writes a book in my favorite genre, regency, what can I say other than I was very thoroughly hooked!!! I did nothing but switching laundry and reading this book all day. Granted I didn't feel well and needed a day of rest, this was the best way to spend
Muse-ic ♬
4.5
When I read the blurb for this one, I immediately requested it because it sounded like a really fun read.
I wouldn't really say I went in with high expectations, but I definitely went in with high hopes.
And let me tell you that I finished The Fall of Lord Drayson with a smile on my face because it totally delivered!!

I can already tell you that I will be adding more of Rachael Anderson's tomes to my TBR! Chick lit galore, people!!

So anyways! Allow me to divulge the synopsis, in case you decided
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
Utterly charming. Totally hilarious. I loved how self-aware Lucy is. She is very observant of how her conflict over her deception grows as she comes to know "Collins"... and she is the one who learns a lesson as well as he. She is a bit of an odd duck, not conforming to society's standards and perfectly willing to live her life as a spinster because of it. The root of her rebelliousness however is her thoughtful and accepting nature, which makes her easier to sympathize with. Colin does make a r ...more
Leona
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: regency, romance
Wonderful surprise. I have never read this author before. Review to come later, but if you are a Regency fan I highly recommend.
Karey White
Aug 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Without a doubt one of my favorite books of the year. I may have found my new favorite Regency author. Great characters, wonderful plot. Hilarious twists. You'll love this one.
Jacob Proffitt
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chaste, romance, audiobook
I let this review go a week or so, so I'm afraid it's not going to be terribly detailed. I enjoyed the story and characters and the plot flowed pretty well. There were a few times I was concerned that the story was taking a turn for cliché or unreasonable authorial manipulation, but Anderson sidestepped each time and I was very glad for that. Even the memory loss bits (which is an invitation to cliché if anything is) were handled well enough not to quibble about the contrivance. My biggest conce ...more
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
Oh my goodness! I can't think of anything that I didn't love about this book. I loved the time period, the setting, the characters, the plot, .....etc. I felt let down because it ended.

Lucy and her mother live in a dowager house on a property (Tanglewood) that is about to be sold. When Colin informs Lucy that she must vacate the property you can tell that there are a few sparks, but they are on opposite sides of the issue. Lucy and her mother can't afford to live anywhere else and for Colin it i
Katie W
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes I get a little nervous when a favorite author delves into a new genre, but my worries were completely unfounded with Rachael Anderson. She is completely brilliant!

Lucy is charming, feisty, and absolutely adorable. She is a character that is easy to like and one whom I would love to be friends with in real life. Colin is pompous and cocky, but his experiences soften him a little and make him endearing. I just couldn't get enough of them and their relationship.

This story had me laughing
Kim
I really enjoyed this author’s Meet Your Match series and various standalone novels and wondered how she would do in a different genre. The answer is wow! Bestselling contemporary romance author Rachael Anderson can write historical traditional Regency Era romance as well.

Most of my personal reader community friends like sunshine, rainbows, and sweet candy precipitation happiness escape from real life in their novels, while I like realistic relatable characters instead who have overcome trials,
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Rachael Anderson? I love you.

I know this probably seems redundant coming from me but Rachel Anderson writes books so perfectly for me. Every single time. It is so easy to settle right in with Rachael's books and just stay there from beginning to end. This is her first dip into the regency genre and I am so, so happy. She did it! She did it! She really, really did it! :) And I am just as in love with her regency as I am with her contemporary books.

I love the set up for this book. It starts out
Kellyn Roth
DNF

Decided to DNF at 50%. It wasn't a bad little story overall - kinda amusing, a bit slow-paced, interesting characters - but it was also hugely disrespectful of horses - occasionally referring to them as "it" and switching genders - and even the "experienced horseman" doesn't know how to hold a lead rope (he twists it around his hand) or that you don't primarily guide a horse with the reins unless you're a jerk.

In all seriousness, though, it was the lack of depth and the silliness and the typi
Luli
You can find this review in English below.

¿Qué puedo decir de esta historia? Es la típica que debería haberme sacado de mis casillas y sin embargo no ha sido así. He disfrutado leyéndola y ha sido muy entretenida.

Y eso que cuenta con casi todos los ingredientes de los que huyo por regla general:

-Su poquito de amnesia.
description

-Su poquito de mentiras incontroladas.
description

-Su poquito de nunca es buen momento para decir la verdad.
description

-Su poquito de eso es improbable (por decirlo suavemente…)

-Su muchito de separación
Heidi
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A sweet beautiful regency

I absolutely adored The Fall of Lord Drayson. Lucy and Colin will whisk you away into the time period and steal your heart with laughter and chemistry. Such a fun, clean, regency romance. I can't wait for book 2 of the Tanglewood series!
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
This was rather adorable. I love a good amnesia plot, especially one that comes with a side of comeuppance. And the romance was cuuuute. Not full of miscommunication and missed opportunities. It was just right. =)
OhWell
Sep 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a bit slow towards the end - the scenes with the flower arrangements could have been edited out - but it deserves an extra star for being clean and also a freebie.
Megzy
Mar 25, 2017 rated it really liked it

A nice book for a lazy afternoon. I liked the premise of teaching him a lesson by telling him he is the servant when she found out he has lost his memory.
Tressa (Wishful Endings)
THE FALL OF LORD DRAYSON was the perfect Regency romance! With refreshing characters, witty dialogue, some fabulous romantic tension, and swoon-worthy moments, this was lovable and sweet from beginning to end! Highly recommended to those who enjoy just plain good and sweet Regency romance.

I absolutely adored Lucy! She's spunky, intelligent, has a great sense of humor, is loyal, and is also quite honest, except when she's not, of course. ;) The predicament she got herself into... so very hilariou
Kristen
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Aw, this was a such a fun and cute read. Loved it!!!

More review to come...

Moral Note: Clean
Marisa
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm a big fan of Rachael Anderson and this book was wonderful!! I loved loved loved Lucy. From her whit and charm to her quick tongue and huge heart. I LOVE when authors write such realistic characters that I could easily become friends with!! Writing every scene so that it can be pictured perfectly is indeed a talent that Mrs Anderson has mastered! This is a clean romance with some thoroughly kissed scenes and great chemistry between the main characters, highly recommended!!
Lynn
Oct 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
There are some authors that you just know are safe reads for you. They may not always hit a home run but their books will nearly always be enjoyed and not hit any of your pet peeves. Rachael Anderson is one of these authors for me. She's a clean author which doesn't work for everyone but since she writes love stories, I don't care one way or another. I just want a fun, believable, love story that emphasizes a connection that is much more than physical and that's what her books are.

This book won'
Alisa
May 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2016
Lucy Beresford is the daughter of the late vicar and a seamstress. Thanks to the generosity of the Earl of Drayson, she and her widowed mother live a somewhat comfortable life in the dower house of Tanglewood Manor. But now Colin Cavendish is the 5th Earl of Drayson and he intends to sell Tanglewood Manor. After delivering his cold, unfeeling eviction notice to Lucy, he has an accident and hits his head. And doesn't remember who he is.

Conveniently forgetting her promise not to lie, and completel
Amy Koster
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: regency
If you want a fun, sweet Regency romance this is the story to read! When Colin Cavendish becomes Earl of Drayson, he never expected the likes of Lucy Beresford. Lucy and her mother now need to vacate their home of two years after being promised sanctuary by the old Earl of Drayson, Colin’s late father. Lucy discovers the earl after a terrible accident and realizes he has lost his memory. Lucy takes it upon herself to teach the earl a lesson in humility as her servant. However, she was not expect ...more
Shash
When Lucy Bereford’s father died, the Earl of Drayson promised her mother the use of the dower house at Tanglewood for as long as needed. Now the earl has passed away, and his son, Colin Cavendish, has inherited the title. Colin decides that he wants to sell the unused estate of Tanglewood. When Lucy is informed that she and her mother must vacate the dower house as soon as possible, she is furious with the new earl. That night, she finds the earl unconscious in the middle of the road. When he w ...more
Chrissy
Jan 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a really fun, clean, romantic, Regency novel.

Colin, the new early of Drayson, meets Lucy with the intent to kick her out of her home so that he can sell the estate. The meeting does not go well and when he falls off his horse and loses his memory, Lucy tells him that he is her servant, with the intent to teach him good manners, humility, and selflessness. What ensues is a lovely, unlikely romance with two very likeable people.

I really liked the main characters. After you get to know L
Chantele Sedgwick
Mar 26, 2017 added it
Shelves: own
Adorable and clean regency romance. Will definitely be reading Rachael's other books in this fun series. Loved it.
Brooke -Brooke's Books
Sep 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
An unexpected story. Rachael Anderson kept me on my toes with this lovely historical romance.

Full Review:
Cynthia
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED this one started a little slow but then it was wow. Can't wait to read the rest of the series...
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Jan 29, 2016 07:20AM
  • Twelve Days in December (Hearthfire Romance, #3.5)
  • Summer House Party
  • Spring in Hyde Park
  • From Cairo, With Love (Timeless Romance Single #1)
  • Falling for a Duke (Timeless Regency Collection)
  • A Midwinter Ball
  • A Holiday in Bath
  • The Suspect's Daughter  (Rogue Hearts #4)
  • Autumn Masquerade
  • Outshine (House of Oak #5)
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: European Collection
  • A Season in London
  • Romancing Daphne (The Lancaster Family, #3)
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: All Regency Collection
  • Broken Things to Mend (Power of the Matchmaker)
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Mail Order Bride Collection
A USA Today bestselling author of clean romance, Rachael Anderson is the mother of four and is pretty good at breaking up fights, or at least sending guilty parties to their rooms. She can't sing, doesn't dance, and despises tragedies. But she recently figured out how yeast works and can now make homemade bread, which she is really good at eating.

Tanglewood (3 books)
  • The Rise of Miss Notley (Tanglewood #2)
  • The Pursuit of Lady Harriett (Tanglewood #3)
“Your story is not near to being over, my dear. There is still much to be written. Chin up, and let us see how it will all turn out, eh?” 0 likes
“Her story was not over. It had simply hit a very large rut in the road and had broken down for a bit. Lucy had landed in ruts before and had always managed to find a way out. She would do the same with this one.” 0 likes