Start by marking “Proposal (The Mediator, #6.5)” as Want to Read:
Proposal (The Mediator, #6.5)

Proposal

(The Mediator #6.5)

The short story Mediator fans everywhere have been waiting years to read… a fun, fast-paced, never-before-read scene in which Suze Simon agrees to marry her no-longer-dead ghost boyfriend, Jesse de Silva!

The last place Suze Simon expects to find herself during Valentine’s Day is a cemetery. But that’s what happens when you’re a mediator—cursed with the “gift” of communicat
Published March 1st 2016 by Avon Impulse (first published January 19th 2016)

Alp
This was a lovely short story of Suze and Jesse on thier Valentine's Day, which they agreed not to celebrate or spend time together. On that day, Suze, as a mediator, had a secret job to do at the cemetery while Jesse was at the hospital, doing his residency.

But things didn't go as planned. Suze messed things up with her 'client'. Then she went back to her dorm and found that Jesse was there in her room, waiting to spend romantic time with her and had something to surprise her. (Oh wait, no, not
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Re-read 5/26/17: This novella is hella cute. Such a cute branch between the original series and the newer book. I'm still obsessed with Jesse. Always and forever tbh ❤

Original read 2/23/16: Jesse da Silva YOU SLAY ME. I missed this series so damn much. I can't even
Tzeni
Dec 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After the complete disaster that I though The Princess Diaries adult installment was, I was so nervous about this...

PRAISE THE GOODREADS GODS, FOR THIS WAS PERFECTION.

They think Jesse is what Father Dominic told them he is: a “young Jesuit student who transferred to the Carmel Mission from Mexico, then lost his yearning to go into the priesthood” after meeting me. That one slays me every time.

The writing is silly, childish at times, and it makes you wonder how you can be so content reading this
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
Such nostalgia! I loved reading this series with my daughter years ago. A nice little reminder of why we read it and just how fabulous the Series was and still is. Gonna grab the next ASAP!
Josie
Dec 28, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
December 2015: A NEW MEDIATOR BOOK???? :D

April 2017: I feel like the only positive thing I can say about this is that at least it was short... and that kind of breaks my heart a little. This doesn't hold a candle to the original books in the series. :(
Feb 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nice extra to see the proposal. Sad though what happened with the couple she was helping.
Maggie ☘ (Wonderland-Reader)
This was an ok novella. I liked how it was both a bit different and similar to the original series. Suze did seem a bit more mature somehow, though in all honesty only a very tiny bit because she's still the Suze we got to know in the original. That Suze was many things, but mature wasn't one of them. There's some short ghost investigation as well as a few moments between her and Jesse. What this story does is that it basically breaches the gap between the original series and the new addition to ...more
nicklein
May 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“You saw the proposal . . . now don’t miss the wedding!
Suze and Jesse finally tie the knot in . . .
REMEMBRANCE."

Tempting but.....no. Sadly, Remembrance is gonna have to wait.
Louisa
(3.5 stars) This was a little underwhelming (as most novellas are), but it's officially made me SUPER excited for Remembrance! I really hope Jesse and Suze's relationship don't take a backseat there like it did here.

Ugh, Jesse. How are you still as perfect as ever? Why are you and Michael from the Princess Diaries so perfect?? Oh wait, because you two are fictional. Boo.
Tez
Nov 19, 2015 rated it liked it
CONTENT WARNING: Contains the (possible) racial slur, "chola." It's spelled out, though the N-word later is only implied. Different people use these words, both of them antagonists. Still, two racist characters in one novella - I didn't expect that.

I read the Mediator series back in my teens, and am almost 30 now. Needless to say, in regards to this series my recall is even worse than usual. How did Jesse go from a ghost to a "living" person?

Anyhoo, Suze now lives with quirky housemates, whilst
carinne
I'm confused at what this is about. Really, who cares, Jesse and Suze are back! I can't wait to read this.
Jessica
Jan 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books, my-library
Y’all!!!! When I found out that a new Mediator book was coming out I literally cried tears of joy. I should be ashamed of that but I’m not. These books were EVERYTHING to me in middle school so to find out that Meg was writing more, ugh I can’t, I was over the moon. In this novella Suze and Jesse (swoon. I desperately want to picture Shiloh Fernandez as Jesse but my brain is rejecting it. He’s so pretty!) are now in college and based on the title you can guess what happens. What I loved about re ...more
Gergana
Well...hopefully the 7th book will be better. XD
Amy
This was a lovely addition to the series but it didn't really add anything new.

I did love seeing how Jesse proposed to Suze though, it was unconventional yet funny which pretty much sums them up!

Suze is in College studying to be a counsellor and living in all girls accommodation while trying to hide the fact she can see ghosts. On Valentines day she is at a cemetery trying to stop an angry ghost from drawing all the attention to himself when she realises his story is a lot more than what meets
Melissa **Just Really Loves Musicals**
*4.5 stars*

This was a really really good novella! I loved how it was a little bit more adult, and I really loved the way Suze and Jesse's relationship has progressed in the 4 years since the last book. It's made me SO excited to start Remembrance! This series is one of my all time favourites.
Incorrigible_bibliophile
Meg Cabot you've done it again! You've managed to successfully update a beloved series from my childhood into something my adult self can now enjoy. I really hope that an 8th book comes out ( and 9th and 10th and 11th...).
Sandra (LadyGrey Reads)
description

That's how I felt about this novella. I could see the potential, but the majority of it just felt confusing and "meh".

I hope that the full-length seventh novel in this series - Remembrance - is more to my taste, just like the previous novels were.
Jessica  (My Not So Vacant Shelf)
I love Suze and Jesse and I love returning to this series! More of a review to follow
Cyndi
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story jumps ahead to find our heroine in college and her boyfriend studying to become a doctor. She is still helping ghosts find the way to the ‘other side.’ Valentine’s Day finds her in a graveyard confronting a ghost that has been caught on camera. Meanwhile her love life is becoming even more interesting.
Good story that moves the plot along wonderfully. 😊
Cassie-la
Feb 26, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-reads
ORIGINALLY POSTED: https://bibliomantics.com/2017/03/12/...

After devouring Meg Cabot’s Mediator series in high school, I knew I had to take a chance on her adult continuation, written 15 years after the first book’s debut. While I found Cabot’s attempts at diversity more than a little painful, it was fun to see what Suze and Jesse have been up to since saying goodbye over a decade ago.
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥
*Short Review for a short book*

Suze, you are an idiot, for real. Jesse deserves better than you (I have thought this throughout this series, but this book really helped me know this is true). I get that Suze has to deal with the killer ghost who wants revenge for his and his gf's deaths, but shit girl, it's fucking valentine's day. Stop ignoring your freaking boyfriend, and stop being dumb for god's sake. *sigh* Jesse please wake up soon.

Also, i read this before finishing book 6, big mistake.
Beatrice

I'm so happy to be back with Suze and Jesse after so many years, and I know this is just a small bonus book, but I thought it felt kind of under developed, rushed, and silly (I know a bit of the silliness is intended, but I thought it was slightly too much). I also felt kind of annoyed with Jesse and his over protectiveness. I mean, Suze has been dealing with murderous ghosts her entire life, chill. And Suze, you should have handled that ghost better!

Oh well, I'm still super excited for
Ruzaika
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Was this written by a ghostwriter? Because sorry, this isn't Meg Cabot at all- and this sure as heck isn't the Suze and Jesse I know and love.

I loved seeing where the characters are all in life now and I loved meeting them... until I met them. Suze seems to have abruptly regressed to an immature version of herself and Jesse has become quite very un-Jesse. Even "querida" doesn't sound the same anymore!!! Severely disappointed and really wary about Remembrance now. Fingers crossed!
April Sarah
Dec 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There is something about being back in Suze and Jesse's world that I can't help but love. Maybe my fangirl-ism makes me a little bias but it was great to see part of were their lives are taking them, and how they have grown. I can see a bit of their old selves but there is a few newer (aged) pieces in there that is intriguing.

Video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Wv1g...
Thenia
Suze is now all grown up, attending college and continuing her job as a mediator, with the same style of punch now, ask questions later.

She and Jesse are still happily together, despite the distance between her college and Jesse's medical school, and on a Valentine's day when Suze is supposed to help a ghost cross but ends up making things worse, (view spoiler)
BookChic Club
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finally got around to reading this after having it in my Kindle since its release date a couple years ago. I absolutely adored it and it was a good way to get a Meg Cabot fix while I wait for her two new books later this year. It had such a great plot and I couldn't put it down. It was so great to get back into the Mediator world even if just for a little bit of time. Suze and Jesse are so wonderful together and I loved seeing them take on this ghost adventure together.
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
Originally posted at Booklovers For Life

“I'm Suze Simon,” I said. “And you thought being dead was bad? Buddy, your eternal nightmare's only just begun.”

I was lucky enough to get an ARC of Remembrance, but had been saving to read it at the right time – and when better to read it than right after reading Proposal? Proposal is a novella that bridges the original Mediator books to the upcoming adult installment, and if you're a fan of the series, then you need to get your hands on Proposal before st
Katie
This was fine! Very much in the style of the original books, maybe a bit too much so, considering that the characters are adults now. But I loved the books, so I enjoyed this.

(The beginning is weird, though--Suze, you should know better than to jump to conclusions!)
Sania
Teenage me was so so so happy reading this! I'm off to do a complete re-read of the mediator series!
Alisha
Jan 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just like every other book in this series, I was in love with this one as well <3 I can't wait to read Remembrance!!!

• Haint Misbehavin'
  • The Way of the Heart
  • The Hotel Under the Sand
  • For the Love of a Pirate
  • No Mundo da Luna
  • Atoning (Darkness Rising #3.1)
  • Tallie's Knight
  • Body & Soul (The Ghost and the Goth, #3)
  • Ethan's Temptress Bride
  • Hunter Kiss (Hunter Kiss, 0.5)
  • Against a Brightening Sky (Delia Martin, #3)
  • Spirits of the Season (Saranormal, #4)
  • Bachelor Party (Bachelor, #1)
  • The Haunting of Pico
  • Check, Please! Year Three
  • Tower of Silence
  • A Forbidden Love
  • My Lunatic Life (Lunatic Life, #1)

The Mediator (7 books)
  • Shadowland (The Mediator, #1)
  • Ninth Key (The Mediator, #2)
  • Reunion (The Mediator, #3)
  • Darkest Hour (The Mediator, #4)
  • Haunted (The Mediator, #5)
  • Twilight (The Mediator, #6)
  • Remembrance (The Mediator, #7)
“I was too emotional to say anything. I was experiencing many “feels” as the kids on Tumblr—my computer-savvy friend CeeCee has told me about it—often say.” 8 likes
“So I guess I shouldn't have been surprised when I was applying for campus housing and overheard Andy telling my mother that the only way I was going to be safe from all the sexual assaults he'd heard about on National Public Radio was if I lived in an all-girl dorm.

Never mind that I have been kicking the butts of the undead since I was in elementary school, and that almost the entire time I resided under Andy's roof, I had a hot undead guy living in my bedroom. These are two of those secrets I was telling you about. Andy doesn't know about them, and neither does my mother. They think Jesse is what Father Dominic told them he is: a "young Jesuit student who transferred to the Carmel Mission from Mexico, then lost his yearning to go into the priesthood" after meeting me.

That one slays me every time.”
6 likes