Start by marking “Return to the Isle of the Lost (Descendants, #2)” as Want to Read:
Return to the Isle of the Lost (Descendants, #2)

Return to the Isle of the Lost (Descendants #2)

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  4,482 Ratings  ·  575 Reviews
There’s no place like home. Especially if home is the infamous Isle of the Lost. Mal, Evie, Carlos, and Jay haven’t exactly turned their villainous noses up at the comforts of Auradon after spending their childhoods banished on the Isle. After all, meeting princes and starring on the Tourney team aren’t nearly as terrible as Mal and her friends once thought they would be.

B
Published May 24th 2016 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Return to the Isle of the Lost, please sign up.
Jessica It depends on how fast you can read. It's fairly quick paced so it shouldn't take you too long.

Lola  Reviewer
Unlike the majority of readers, I did not find Return to the Isle of the Lost to be better than its predecessor.

But that’s most certainly because it’s so different.

The Isle of the Lost had snarky characters and plenty of villainous yet silly and fun scenes, while this sequel to both the book and movie has a very, again, different type of atmosphere and thousands of corny - Disney-ish - moments.

Mal, Evie, Jay and Carlos are now good. Seriously good. There is not an ounce of villainy in them anym
Darth J
May 25, 2016 rated it liked it

If you pick this up at Target, the backside of the jacket has this map:

As you can see with these areas, there’s a quest that needs to happen for our 4 young heroes. Mal, daughter of Maleficent , must find a dragon egg. Jay, son of Jafar, needs to find a golden cobra. Evie, daughter of Snow White’s Evil Queen, is tasked with finding a poison apple (which borrows more from the story of the Garden of Eden than what happened with the apple in the fairy tale). And Carlos, son of Cruella, n
Pang
Feb 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: All Descenders.. should read before 2nd movie comes out!
"Anti-heroes can be crude and ugly and selfish, but they are heroes nonetheless. As flawed as an anti-hero is, they're still trying to do the right thing. You are all anti-hero, and I'm proud of you."

description

We Evils Anti-Heroes Lives and I love you!

Much better than the first one. Wow so many new interesting characters which I couldn't wait to see if they going to appear in the movie. That's Ginie Jordan! and Camelot! *ahem* Merlin and Antie *ahem* More roles of King Ben ( Our Ben ) Yeah He is not the
Nanci **Warning**IWasASailor⚓️MyMouthisDirty
I'm not going to rate this book or really review it. I put it on here because my daughter wanted to see what I did on GR and she wanted to read this book together. That said, this is cute. I can't wait for the movie to come out but to rate this would be ridiculous. My daughter loved it so for her she wants a 5 star. Me, I thought it was cute but to mark down to a 3 wouldn't seem fair seeing as I'm not 9. And that is the audience that is currently reading this, so they should rate the book. Do I ...more
Kayla
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Return to the Isle of the Lost by Melissa de la Cruz follows after the movie happens. Mal and the other descendants are getting settled in at aurodon but evil is calling them back.

CHARACTERS-
I love all these characters and I just need them in my life.
I love all their personalities and I love their sense of fashion as well.

ROMANCE-
So,, I don't ship Mal and Ben. I've tried but it's just not my thing. Opposites attract but not this far, Mal is made from pure evil and Ben is 100% good so this relati
Alex ☣ Deranged KittyCat ☣
[June 2016 edit] Yes! I got it!

***********************************************

Jessica
Nov 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: disney, fantasy
This book was great.

I liked how it took place in both Auradon and the Isle of the Lost. It even briefly explored other places like Camelot, Neverland, and Charmington Cove (where Cinderella lives).

There were some new characters as well as characters from the movie. Also Ben had a larger role in this book than he did in the previous one.

I enjoyed the plot and the quest and everything fit together nicely.

The ending sets up a new movie and/or book perfectly. I can’t wait to find out what happens
Jazmin
Dec 26, 2015 marked it as to-read
It seems to be an interesting way to continue the story. but if I don't see something from Mal and Ben I'll be really disappointed
Juan Vorágine
Jul 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-7-julio
3,5

Aunque estos libros tengan toques infantiles, creo que cualquier fan de Disney los va a disfrutar muchísimo. Además, los protagonistas son los hijos de villanos como Maléfica o Cruella de Vil (dos de mis villanas favoritas *-*). También me ha encantado que la autora haya escogido a los hijos de villanos en vez de príncipes y princesas, ya que esto le da mucha originalidad a la trama y nos muestra el mundo Disney desde otra perspectiva.

Reseña completa: http://voragineinterna.blogspot.com.e...
Veronique
Mar 06, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked the first book, however I didnt enjoy this book that much.. first you should know that even this is the second book the storie picks up after the movie. If you didnt see the movie you sure miss the first part of the book to understand what happend in the movie. It didnt grip me, I didnt care about the plot or the characters anymore. This should have been a standalone with the movie.. although I kind of kept reading because I like disney so yeah 2.5*
Sue (Hollywood News Source)

Anti-hero is the villain that you root for in the story. An anti-hero is a hero who isn’t perfect. An anti-hero doesn’t ride up in a white horse, or have shining golden hair and wonderful manners. In fact, an anti-hero doesn’t look like the typical hero of a story at all. Anti-heroes can be crude and ugly and selfish, but they are heroes nonetheless. As flawed as an anti-hero is, they’re trying to do the right thing. You are all anti-heroes, and I’m proud of you.

My favorite anti-heroes are back
Julia Sapphire

This book was actually a very pleasant surprise! As I did enjoy the first book, I still felt the second book would be just "meh". Boy, was I wrong! Despite my 3.25 stars, this book was an exciting and compelling middle grade novel.

The plot was really fun! The children of popular villains have to return back to the Isle of the Lost, they have received notes saying they have to return. We watch them sneak out and arrive and their journey and discoveries. This is such a nice adventure
Lauren Young
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Kerry
Jun 29, 2017 added it
This is an adventure. The reformed "villain kids" embark on a mission to save the world as they know it.
Sharon Mariampillai
This was an amazing read. I loved how the story took place in both Auradon and the Isle of the Lost. Also, it also gave us a look into Camelot Heights, Netherlands, and Charmington Cove. Also, we learn more about what happened after the dome broke in the first Descendants movie. I love the characters all the same. These four villains are the villains that we root for. They each have their individual talents. Also, I absolutely love Ben. He is a great King of Auradon. I thought he ruled fair and ...more
Sara
Jul 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Just like the first one I actually liked it.

These are just fun quick reads that are entertaining but are not suppose to be taken seriously.
I found myself enjoying these stories and would recommend to anyone who wanted a fun read.
Kristina
Jun 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 *

Много лесна и приятна за четене. Хареса ми много, че учи на определени важни ценности :)
Natalie Cleveland
May 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Disney books are just amazing!! And I loved this one
Cisz Strasters
"Denk eraan: bij twijfel denk je aan mooie, fijne dingen, dan vind je vanzelf je weg." ~ p186

Met volle teugen genoot van ik van "Dwaaleiland". Ik was dan ook heel enthousiast toen mij gevraagd werd of ik dit tweede deel wilde recenseren. Maar zodra ik in het eerste hoofdstuk aan het lezen was, had ik het gevoel dat ik een een stuk miste. Het verhaal gaat niet verder waar het vorige boek eindigde. Tussen deel 1 en 2 zit een (voor zover ik uit de verwijzingen kan opmaken zonder te spoileren) hele
Cookiesoni
Jan 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Me declaro fan de los descendientes. Me da igual que sean libros Middle Grade y que te guste sea considerado infantil.
Creo que desde el momento en el que vi la pelicula me enamore de la historia, ya que soy de esas que siempre habian sido fan de Disney y esto no era una excepción.
El libro nos lleva a lo que ocurre justo despues de la pelicula de Los Descendientes de Disney Channel.
No os voy a decir que ha sido el libro de mo vida, porque no ha sido así pero si es verdad que es muy entretenido y
L. C. Julia
Jun 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasia
Ok, I pick this up out of curiosity (and because I have been consuming disney movies like crazy these days) and I actually enjoyed. It's lighthearted and soft, but if you liked the movie (you must see it if you're planing to read this) I'm pretty sure you would like this too. Also Ben and Mal are sweeeeet. I know, is a couple from an disney channel original movie, but I don't care. I'm a foolish romantic who love cheesy couples ^^
Leen Gilis
Nov 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In tegenstelling tot Dwaaleiland had ik bij dit boek meer moeite om in het verhaal te komen. De eerste pagina's had ik me erdoorheen moeten sleuren. Maar rond bladzijde 50 was ik vertrokken en kon ik het boek niet meer wegleggen. Het verhaal is mysterieus en spannend, de personages zijn goed uitgedacht en de cover is prachtig! Dit was voor mij weer een geslaagd YA/fantasy boek!
Joost
Terug naar Dwaaleiland, het vervolg op de Disneyfilm Descendants, een sprookjesachtig en magisch avontuur! Lees hier mijn recensie: http://nerdygeekyfanboy.com/recensie/...
Anna (Enchanted by YA)
This quick, light read was perfect to get me out of my reading slump while satisfying my Disney craving (after my vacation I miss Disney World okay?)

Elaina
May 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked this one way more than the first book :D I don't know what it is with me, but I have really been liking the second books in series more lately it feels like lol :P Maybe because I already know the characters and everything? Plus the characters grew more in this one. You could tell they were trying to do better at being good and not following in their parents footsteps...I just thought it was so much better than the first in my opinion :)
I'mogén
It was so much fun returning back to Auradon and the Isle of the Lost, however, in saying that, I still preferred the first book (which I gave a 3.5 stars).

I think this one got pegged down a half star mainly because I just wasn't as connected to the story and characters as I had initially been. Also, I found that it didn't feel as put together as the first one. It's hard to explain but it feels like this one was almost forced whereas the first book had a natural flow to it. I also found that so
Andreea In Bookland
Jul 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable and quick read!!
♥Booknerdswift♥
May 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-books
Love the fast pace. Didn't actually start to read it read it until today though. It's such an amazing book.
Nancy The book junkie
Rating: 3.5/5

Review coming soon!
Evelyn Romp
Jan 31, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bieb
gewoon leuk, niet echt spannend, misschien wel voor jongere lezers. het is dat het Disney is, anders had ik het crap gevonden :) nu vind ik het de moeite waard.
  • Rapunzel Cuts Loose (Grimmtastic Girls, #4)
  • Of Sorcery and Snow (The Ever Afters #3)
  • Fairy's Got Talent (Ever After High: A School Story #4)
  • Ninja-Rella: A Graphic Novel
  • Charmed (Fairy Tale Reform School, #2)
  • Descendants (Descendants Junior Novel, #1)
  • Ax to Grind (The Witches of Enchanted Bay #2)
  • Once Upon a Dream (Twisted Tales #2)
  • A Frozen Heart
  • Disenchanted: The Trials of Cinderella (Tyme, #2)
Melissa de la Cruz is the New York Times and USA Today best-selling author of many critically acclaimed and award-winning novels for teens including The Au Pairs series, the Blue Bloods series, the Ashleys series, the Angels on Sunset Boulevard series and the semi-autobiographical novel Fresh off the Boat.

Her books for adults include the novel Cat’s Meow, the anthology Girls Who Like Boys Who Like
More about Melissa de la Cruz

Descendants (4 books)
  • The Isle of the Lost (Descendants, #1)
  • Rise of the Isle of the Lost (Descendants #3)
  • Untitled (Descendants #4)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Off to Be the Wizard (Magic 2.0, #1)
  • Beneath the Shine
  • The Stepford Wives
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Long Earth (The Long Earth, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
  • The Man of Legends
  • All the Breaking Waves
  • Fellside
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Timebound (The Chronos Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1)
  • Muirwood: The Lost Abbey: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $0.99
  • 2061: Odyssey Three (Space Odyssey, #3)
  • Alas, Babylon
    $9.74 $1.99
  • 3001: The Final Odyssey (Space Odyssey, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • Zeroes
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dreams and Shadows (Dreams & Shadows, #1)
    $9.49 $1.99
  • Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1)
  • Touch
  • Dragon Rider
    $5.99 $1.99
  • An Unwelcome Quest
  • EARTHCORE
    $4.99 $1.49
  • Luna: New Moon
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Void of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Magic (Prospero's War, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Plague of Giants (Seven Kennings, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Knight Falling (Harmony Black, #2)
  • Star Wars: Thrawn
  • Zoo City
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unmasked (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Afterlife
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unseen (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dwarves (The Dwarves, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dryad-Born (Whispers from Mirrowen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Unbroken Line of the Moon (Sagan om Valhalla #4; Valhalla #1)
  • Blackfish City
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Supernatural: Bobby Singer's Guide to Hunting
    $8.49 $1.99
  • Silvern (Gilded #2)
  • Some Fine Day
  • Random Acts of Senseless Violence
    $15.99 $1.99
  • Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (Wicked Years, #1)
  • Mystic (Mystic, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Almost Girl (The Riven Chronicles, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Spell or High Water (Magic 2.0, #2)
  • Uprooted
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wormhole (The Rho Agenda, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dragons of Nova (Loom Saga, #2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Ciphers of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Amid Stars and Darkness (The Xenith Trilogy #1)
  • Otherkin
  • The Last Adventure of Constance Verity
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Traveler (Fourth Realm, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
“Goodness works in mysterious ways. Even in the deepest dark, you’ll find a light to shine your way through.” 15 likes
“We’re the villains you root for in the story.” 8 likes