Start by marking “Return to the Isle of the Lost (Descendants, #2)” as Want to Read:
Return to the Isle of the Lost (Descendants, #2)

Return to the Isle of the Lost

(Descendants #2)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  6,427 ratings  ·  724 reviews
There’s no place like home. Especially if home is the infamous Isle of the Lost. Mal, Evie, Carlos, and Jay haven’t exactly turned their villainous noses up at the comforts of Auradon after spending their childhoods banished on the Isle. After all, meeting princes and starring on the Tourney team aren’t nearly as terrible as Mal and her friends once thought they would be.

B
Published May 24th 2016 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Return to the Isle of the Lost, please sign up.
Jessica Here is the read/watch order

1. Isle of the Lost
2. Descendants movie
2. Return to the Isle of the Lost
3. Rise of the Isle of the Lost
4. Descendants 2 mo…more
Here is the read/watch order

1. Isle of the Lost
2. Descendants movie
2. Return to the Isle of the Lost
3. Rise of the Isle of the Lost
4. Descendants 2 movie (less)
Jessica It depends on how fast you can read. It's fairly quick paced so it shouldn't take you too long.

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Return to the Isle of the Lost (Descendants, #2)
Cristina Monica
Unlike the majority of readers, I did not find Return to the Isle of the Lost to be better than its predecessor.

But that’s most certainly because it’s so different.

The Isle of the Lost had snarky characters and plenty of villainous yet silly and fun scenes, while this sequel to both the book and movie has a very, again, different type of atmosphere and thousands of corny - Disney-ish - moments.

Mal, Evie, Jay and Carlos are now good. Seriously good. There is not an ounce of villainy in them anym
Darth J
May 25, 2016 rated it liked it

If you pick this up at Target, the backside of the jacket has this map:

As you can see with these areas, there’s a quest that needs to happen for our 4 young heroes. Mal, daughter of Maleficent , must find a dragon egg. Jay, son of Jafar, needs to find a golden cobra. Evie, daughter of Snow White’s Evil Queen, is tasked with finding a poison apple (which borrows more from the story of the Garden of Eden than what happened with the apple in the fairy tale). And Carlos, son of Cruella, n
Pang
Feb 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: All Descenders.. should read before 2nd movie comes out!
"Anti-heroes can be crude and ugly and selfish, but they are heroes nonetheless. As flawed as an anti-hero is, they're still trying to do the right thing. You are all anti-hero, and I'm proud of you."

description

We Evils Anti-Heroes Lives and I love you!

Much better than the first one. Wow so many new interesting characters which I couldn't wait to see if they going to appear in the movie. That's Ginie Jordan! and Camelot! *ahem* Merlin and Antie *ahem* More roles of King Ben ( Our Ben ) Yeah He is not t
Nanci **Warning**IWasASailor⚓️MyMouthisDirty
I'm not going to rate this book or really review it. I put it on here because my daughter wanted to see what I did on GR and she wanted to read this book together. That said, this is cute. I can't wait for the movie to come out but to rate this would be ridiculous. My daughter loved it so for her she wants a 5 star. Me, I thought it was cute but to mark down to a 3 wouldn't seem fair seeing as I'm not 9. And that is the audience that is currently reading this, so they should rate the book. Do I ...more
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was ok
Between the end of The Isle of the Lost and the start of this book, the first Descendants movie took place, in which our four ruffian main characters got sent to school on the Auradon mainland. They learned (in an aimless, Disney Channel way) to reject the evil of their parents, and prevented Maleficent from taking over the kingdom. Now they're all accepted by most of their peers at school, and doing quite well.

But there are still rumors of bad things to come. There have been tremors and earthqu
Kayla
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Return to the Isle of the Lost by Melissa de la Cruz follows after the movie happens. Mal and the other descendants are getting settled in at aurodon but evil is calling them back.

CHARACTERS-
I love all these characters and I just need them in my life.
I love all their personalities and I love their sense of fashion as well.

ROMANCE-
So,, I don't ship Mal and Ben. I've tried but it's just not my thing. Opposites attract but not this far, Mal is made from pure evil and Ben is 100% good so this relati
Jessica
Nov 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, disney
This book was great.

I liked how it took place in both Auradon and the Isle of the Lost. It even briefly explored other places like Camelot, Neverland, and Charmington Cove (where Cinderella lives).

There were some new characters as well as characters from the movie. Also Ben had a larger role in this book than he did in the previous one.

I enjoyed the plot and the quest and everything fit together nicely.

The ending sets up a new movie and/or book perfectly. I can’t wait to find out what happens
Alex ☣ Deranged KittyCat ☣
[June 2016 edit] Yes! I got it!

***********************************************

Jazmin
Dec 26, 2015 marked it as to-read
It seems to be an interesting way to continue the story. but if I don't see something from Mal and Ben I'll be really disappointed
Rian Angeli
Mar 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 7d-la, fairytale
Mal, Evie, Jay, Carlos from the Isle of lost have been at Auradon for a year now, they found their places there after the coronation with the whole maleficent attacking them and Mal turning her into a lizard situation. They started getting anonymous messages saying that they should go back to the isle where "they belong". Carlos hacked into the dark web and discovered a site that is called "Anti Heroes Club" and there is a picture of the four of them with a huge X on it. I really liked that the ...more
Sue (Hollywood News Source)

Anti-hero is the villain that you root for in the story. An anti-hero is a hero who isn’t perfect. An anti-hero doesn’t ride up in a white horse, or have shining golden hair and wonderful manners. In fact, an anti-hero doesn’t look like the typical hero of a story at all. Anti-heroes can be crude and ugly and selfish, but they are heroes nonetheless. As flawed as an anti-hero is, they’re trying to do the right thing. You are all anti-heroes, and I’m proud of you.

My favorite anti-heroes are back
Julia Sapphire

This book was actually a very pleasant surprise! As I did enjoy the first book, I still felt the second book would be just "meh". Boy, was I wrong! Despite my 3.25 stars, this book was an exciting and compelling middle grade novel.

The plot was really fun! The children of popular villains have to return back to the Isle of the Lost, they have received notes saying they have to return. We watch them sneak out and arrive and their journey and discoveries. This is such a nice adventure
Lauren Young
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Veronique
Mar 06, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked the first book, however I didnt enjoy this book that much.. first you should know that even this is the second book the storie picks up after the movie. If you didnt see the movie you sure miss the first part of the book to understand what happend in the movie. It didnt grip me, I didnt care about the plot or the characters anymore. This should have been a standalone with the movie.. although I kind of kept reading because I like disney so yeah 2.5*
Kerry
Jun 29, 2017 added it
This is an adventure. The reformed "villain kids" embark on a mission to save the world as they know it.
Sharon Mariampillai
This was an amazing read. I loved how the story took place in both Auradon and the Isle of the Lost. Also, it also gave us a look into Camelot Heights, Netherlands, and Charmington Cove. Also, we learn more about what happened after the dome broke in the first Descendants movie. I love the characters all the same. These four villains are the villains that we root for. They each have their individual talents. Also, I absolutely love Ben. He is a great King of Auradon. I thought he ruled fair and ...more
Sara
Jul 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Just like the first one I actually liked it.

These are just fun quick reads that are entertaining but are not suppose to be taken seriously.
I found myself enjoying these stories and would recommend to anyone who wanted a fun read.
Anna (Enchanted by YA)
This quick, light read was perfect to get me out of my reading slump while satisfying my Disney craving (after my vacation I miss Disney World okay?)

Natalie Thompson
May 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Disney books are just amazing!! And I loved this one
Lizzie & Koala Skywalker
I'm really enjoying the Descendants series by Melissa De La Cruz. Return to the Isle of the Lost takes place after the first movie, but before the second movie. This is a great series and I would recommend it to anyone one who's a Disney fan. ~ Koala ^-^
Amber ☾♥
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: own
Another confession: Once again, I thought this would correlate to the second movie and, once again, I was sorely mistaken.

Though while I ended up enjoying the first book, there was something off about this one that I can't quite put my finger on...

I really enjoy the growing friendships between our characters and the development of most of them in tern. What was slightly irritating though...which really upset me...was Mal.

I love Mal in the movies...but not so much in the books. It has nothing to
L. C. Julia
Jun 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasia
Ok, I pick this up out of curiosity (and because I have been consuming disney movies like crazy these days) and I actually enjoyed. It's lighthearted and soft, but if you liked the movie (you must see it if you're planing to read this) I'm pretty sure you would like this too. Also Ben and Mal are sweeeeet. I know, is a couple from an disney channel original movie, but I don't care. I'm a foolish romantic who love cheesy couples ^^
Elaina
May 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked this one way more than the first book :D I don't know what it is with me, but I have really been liking the second books in series more lately it feels like lol :P Maybe because I already know the characters and everything? Plus the characters grew more in this one. You could tell they were trying to do better at being good and not following in their parents footsteps...I just thought it was so much better than the first in my opinion :)
I'mogén
It was so much fun returning back to Auradon and the Isle of the Lost, however, in saying that, I still preferred the first book (which I gave a 3.5 stars).

I think this one got pegged down a half star mainly because I just wasn't as connected to the story and characters as I had initially been. Also, I found that it didn't feel as put together as the first one. It's hard to explain but it feels like this one was almost forced whereas the first book had a natural flow to it. I also found that so
Andrea
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: trash, 2017-read
I thought this couldn't be the second book especially with the synopsis. So many things seem to have happened and I felt very lost. It's weird there isn't a book in between or a novella or something more than the 2 page summary in the beginning of the book, but oh well. Honestly, I'm kind of let down. I was thinking there was going to be something much more intricate going on than there was. And so I was kind of disappointed at the ending. Still I like the characters and this was entertaining. T ...more
Nancy The book junkie
Rating: 3.5/5

Review coming soon!
♥Booknerdswift♥
May 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-books
Love the fast pace. Didn't actually start to read it read it until today though. It's such an amazing book.
Andreea Zelenyak
Jul 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable and quick read!!
Trisha  (The Tea Reader)
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
Return to the Isle of the Lost was so much better than the first, I think it was more exciting and also I like that it was more on point with the movie. The first book and the film almost seemed like they were different worlds but this one was more in since.
I really enjoyed this book, but I still had a some problems with it, one of them was the names of places located throughout Auradon. I understood they were trying to modernize everything but I think it was a little too much, some of the place
Conrad
Aug 06, 2017 rated it liked it
It's a cute and nice story. I still don't like the writing.

• Descendants 2 (Descendants Junior Novel, #2)
  • Descendants: Mal's Spell Book
  • Descendants 3 Junior Novel
  • Descendants 2 Evie's Fashion Book
  • Descendants (Descendants Junior Novel, #1)
  • Descendants 3: The Villain Kids' Guide for New VKs
  • Freddie's Shadow Cards (Disney Descendants: School of Secrets, #2)
  • Disney Descendants: Mal's Diary
  • CJ's Treasure Chase (Disney Descendants: School of Secrets, #1)
  • Carlos's Scavenger Hunt (Disney Descendants: School of Secrets, #5)
  • Lonnie's Warrior Sword (Disney Descendants: School of Secrets #4)
  • Descendants 2: Mal's Spell Book 2: More Wicked Magic
  • Ally's Mad Mystery (Disney Descendants: School of Secrets, #3)
  • Conceal, Don't Feel
  • Disney Manga: Descendants The Rotten to the Core Trilogy Volume 1
  • Disney Descendants: Secrets of Auradon Prep: Insider's Handbook
  • Descendants 3 (The Descendants Series)
  • Descendants 3: Audrey's Diary
Melissa de la Cruz is the New York Times and USA Today best-selling author of many critically acclaimed and award-winning novels for teens including The Au Pairs series, the Blue Bloods series, the Ashleys series, the Angels on Sunset Boulevard series and the semi-autobiographical novel Fresh off the Boat.

Her books for adults include the novel Cat’s Meow, the anthology Girls Who Like Boys Who Like

Descendants (4 books)
  • The Isle of the Lost (Descendants, #1)
  • Rise of the Isle of the Lost (Descendants #3)
  • Escape from the Isle of the Lost (Descendant, #4)