Start by marking “Kaleb and Sahara’s Meeting with Sascha and Lucas (Psy-Changeling, #13.1)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Kaleb and Sahara’s Mee...

Nalini Singh

Kaleb and Sahara’s Meeting with Sascha and Lucas

(Psy-Changeling #13.1)

Deleted scene from chapter 7 on Shield of Winter.
Included in Nalini Singh's newsletter dated March 10, 2015.
Published March 10th 2015

Maria The URL for the newsletter can be found above "other editions" and "series" on the Goodreads page. But here it is again; https://madmimi.com/s/9b47e5

Start your review of Kaleb and Sahara’s Meeting with Sascha and Lucas (Psy-Changeling, #13.1)
Sophia Triad
“He’d do anything for her, I think.” Whatever Sascha had expected to feel from Kaleb, it hadn’t been that raw violence of love. “She’s the same.” The two were as tightly bonded as changeling mates. “It makes Kaleb more dangerous now than he’s ever been.”

Sascha evaluates the relationship of Kaleb and Sahara. And she is more than happy with what they feel.
Lucy Qhuay
Sep 26, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of the series

Oh, the joy when two or more Alphas are in the same tiny space. :D
Aly is so frigging bored
Nalini Singh... we all know I love her so there's nothing else left to say :)
Darcy
Oh the posturing. I loved how the ladies seemed to put the guys in their places.
Sam~OTT Alpha Male Addict~
Apr 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another Reread
I'm a sucker for Kaleb and Sahara :P
Sophia
May 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr-uf
Oh Hallelujah! I was so disappointed when this scene was mentioned, but not elaborated on in Shield of Winter. I figured this meet up would be epically fun and it was that.

Two powerhouse couples in the series with two seriously big-time alphas was just too good. Loved getting this expanded deleted scene of how exactly things went down. Sascha wants to check the temperature of Sahara and Kaleb's relationship and she gets an eye-opener. Love this!
Malinda
4-4.5 stars

This was a really good deleted scene. It was actually in Shield of Winter but it was a much shorter scene in the book. I can see why they didn't feel the need for the longer scene in the book but the longer version is an interesting glimpse. :)
Kathy Davie
Nov 30, 2019 rated it liked it
A free short story, 13.1 in the Psy-Changeling paranormal romance series, revolving around shapeshifters and psychics. The focus is on two couples Sascha and Lucas of DarkRiver and Sahara and Kaleb of the Psy.

If you're interested, there is a chronological listing of the Psy-Changeling books on my website.

My Take
This is a deleted scene from chapter 7 in Shield of Winter , 13, which was included in Nalini Singh's newsletter dated 10 March 2015.

Singh is using a third person simple subjective poi
Ellis
If I hadn’t know beforehand that Nalini had written a separate story on this, I would have been pissed that this scene had only been brushed over in Heart of Obsidian. Kind of like how I’m still pissed that people keep referring to Sahara’s time at DarkRiver, which is barely shown, and which I, for one, would have loved to have pages and pages of material on. Hmph. Anyway, there’s not much I can say about this story, because it’s pretty much what the title indicates it to be. It remains hilariou ...more
Laura Beth
Nalini Singh gives her readers a wonderful set of free short stories and deleted scenes. The can be found here:
Take the time to read them. They provide an insightful look at the things that Singh thinks about her characters but does not have room for in her novels.
Angel Padillo
When reading the Psy-Changeling series Inwas really looking forward to Sasha and Lucas meeting with Kaleb and Sahara and then I was so disappointed when it was just glossed over. Glad ai got to know what happened!
Tiffany
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, pnr, sci-fi
Kaleb and Sahara visit Lucas and Sascha to get DR co-op. They really just want to see that Kaleb and Sahara are the real deal. Sahara is as gracious as ever, Kaleb surly but willing to do whatever Sahara wants.
Jacqueline
Read: July 13, 2020
Kathy
Jun 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Psy-Changeling #13d
Kaleb and Sahara’s Meeting with Sascha and Lucas by Nalini Singh was not much longer than its title. As this was touted to be a full rendition of what happened during the meeting between these two power couples, I have to say that I was slightly disappointed in its length. We got basically the same information in "Shield of Winter" but it is definitely worth the read, as are all of the deleted scenes included on the author's website. Enjoy!

Read:
June 23, 2017 - FREE on the auth
Dec 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
What happens when you put two extremely alpha men in the same room as each other when they only have a tentative truce, neither of them is quite ready to trust the other and they both have their other halves in the room and therefore potentially in danger?

Read this short to find out but let's just say it's a good job Sascha and Sahara are already friends and were able to help ease the tension :o) I'm looking forward to seeing these guys working more together in the future!
R.
Jul 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Sheila Melo
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a free vignette written by Singh for fans of the series. In this vignette Kaleb and Sahara come to meet with Sascha and Lucas. Sahara has prompted Kaleb to try and be friends with the DarkRiver leader. Lucas wants to know whether the bond between Sahara and Kaleb is fake. The two couples evaluate one another and Lucas and Sascha recognize the true connection between the other couple. This was a cute interaction between the two. It shows how Kaleb is completely devoted to Sahara.
Katrin
Mar 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
“I’ve been told to be more diplomatic,” he said, his gaze locking with Lucas’s once again. “And to not provoke you.”

Sascha hid her smile when Sahara groaned and dropped her head against Kaleb’s shoulder [...]

Is that a sense of humor I might detect here Mr. Tall Dark and Handsome?

I think it is and I'm pretty sure I'm quite enjoying it.
Arie ☂
Pretty boring, but there was this lovely tidbit:
“Now, let’s go talk to your other feral friend.”
Lucas growled, the sound so deep it filled the room. “Stop calling Hawke my friend. He’s a wolf. It’s against the laws of nature.”
Louisa
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: re-reads
Great to read this scene again! These are both power couples in the series, and this meeting is kinda important! Loved it!

*First read April 14th, 2016*
Loved this deleted scene, it was great to see Sascha see the bond between Kaleb and Sahara!
Airaseem Perdomo
Oct 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love this meeting scene really gives a glimpse of the interaction between characters
Patricia Lopes
Oct 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Even though the request was expected Kaleb is still grumpy with it...

Sasha asked to meet Sahara & Kaleb together... :D
Rita C
Dec 31, 2015 rated it liked it
Expanded scene from Shield of Winter. Always nice to spend more time with lovable characters.
Kitlina
Mar 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
I swear I'll get to SoW but I can't help myself to read these little gems.
Monique
Mar 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Just these four characters in the same room is enough to make me smile.
Anna
Mar 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Quite a cool pov meeting between these two alpha couples. Very enjoyable.
K-
These 4 need a book about them. Maybe Hawke and Sienna too.

Re-read 11/6/17.

Re-read 6/9/18.

Re-read 4/29/19.
Kinga
Jun 22, 2016 added it
Kaleb has been and will be one of my favorites !

• The Magical Christmas Cat (Breeds, #12.5; Feline Breeds, #11; Murphy Sisters, #2; Psy-Changeling, #3.5)
  • An Enchanted Season (Psy-Changeling #0.5; Murphy Sisters #1)
  • Burning Up (Psy-Changeling, #0.5; Children of the Sea, #3.5; Iron Seas, #0.5)
  • A Misunderstanding (Hidden Legacy #4.1)
  • Pay Me (Hidden Legacy, #4.2)
  • The Stone Prince (Imperia, #1)
  • The Other Half of the Grave (Night Huntress #1.1)
  • Curran POV Collection
  • Cry Wolf (Brown and de Luca, #4.5)
  • Magic Strikes - Hot Tub (Curran POV #5)
  • Kate's Origin (Curran POV #6)
  • Magic Bites - Fernando's (Curran POV #2)
  • Magic Bleeds - Conclave (Curran POV #8)
  • Magic Burns - Soup (Curran POV #3)
  • Burning Dawn (Angels of the Dark, #3, Lords of the Underworld #10.5)
  • Magic Strikes - Midnight Games (Curran POV #4)
  • Kitty and the Silver Bullet (Kitty Norville, #4)
  • Penny's Protector (Icehome #10)
I've been writing as long as I can remember and all of my stories always held a thread of romance (even when I was writing about a prince who could shoot lasers out of his eyes). I love creating unique characters, love giving them happy endings and I even love the voices in my head. There's no other job I would rather be doing. In September 2002, when I got the call that Silhouette Desire wanted t ...more

Psy-Changeling (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling, #1)
  • Visions of Heat (Psy-Changeling #2)
  • Caressed by Ice (Psy-Changeling #3)
  • Mine to Possess (Psy-Changeling #4)
  • Hostage to Pleasure (Psy-Changeling, #5)
  • Branded by Fire (Psy-Changeling, #6)
  • Blaze of Memory (Psy-Changeling #7)
  • Bonds of Justice (Psy-Changeling, #8)
  • Play of Passion (Psy-Changeling #9)
  • Kiss of Snow (Psy-Changeling, #10)