Start by marking “One-Punch Man, Vol. 5” as Want to Read:
One-Punch Man, Vol. 5

One-Punch Man, Vol. 5

(ワンパンマン / Onepunch-Man #5)

Nothing about Saitama passes the eyeball test when it comes to superheroes, from his lifeless expression to his bald head to his unimpressive physique. However, this average-looking guy has a not-so-average problem—he just can’t seem to find an opponent strong enough to take on!

To stop a Demon-level crisis, Saitama and company head toward the action. However, even Class S
Published March 1st 2016 by VIZ Media LLC (first published December 4th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about One-Punch Man, Vol. 5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One-Punch Man, Vol. 5

Lashaan Balasingam (Bookidote)
Amazing how the volume gives us even more depth into a character that only seems like a conceptually disastrous hero. Saitama finds himself doing some more crazy things that other heroes (who legit LOOK more powerful) and yet his reasons to what he does still remains a question of fun. While reputation still is important to him, his pursuit of it continues to be impossible with the perception of the population being easily manipulated by others who are envious/skeptical of Saitama's greatness.

I
Nicola Mansfield
Mar 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great volume! Complete action. Continues on from the last volume with the Sea King villian. He wants to eat everybody and hero upon hero comes to take him on but he's too powerful, until finally One-Punch shows up. But when the people finally want to give One-Punch the credit he says they must give it to the others for all the effort they put into weakening him first. First time OP let's his arrogance down. Then finally he get's a letter with an upranking and a chance to move up into the next cl ...more
Maria
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THE. ART. 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽 Yusuke Murata is a god.
Genos and Mumen Rider are the true stars of this volume along with Puri-Puri Prisoner (lol, I can’t with that one). Such good guys. And, of course, Saitama is just as OP as ever but his amazing character traits shine through his bored demeanor more and more with each volume. Overall, amazing series. 💯
Vince
Mar 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
one punch man is the bestest thing in the world
Jedi JC Daquis
Apr 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
One-Punch Man starts to inject some drama in the series, and that is the gradual acceptance of the people, his peers in the Hero Association that Saitama is indeed a true hero. He still continues to prove to the readers that he is the One-Punch Man, capable of defeating his enemies with only one punch. Even though his enemies seem to get stronger and stronger, I don't want that central theme to change.

Volume 5 gives the series some depth and soul without sacrificing the things which has been est
Naailah
May 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I still love this series, also the bicyclist for justice is on the cover!
Brendan
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not as interesting as the last book and takes some time before One Punch makes an appearance. Still an intriguing series but not the best volume and only offers little insight into the bigger mythology of the series.
Anthony Enkhtuvshin
Mumen rider is a class C hero with a class S heart
Robiok
Can you freaking believe I actually got tear-eyed while reading this complete dork-fest?
What even.
Corey
Jun 24, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Saitama and Genos continue their mad-cap exploits. Silly fun, yes, but also some character development.
Roy
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This has really intrigued me now. Lucky I gave it another volume
Joe Forney
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is definitive One Punch Man and a must read but before you get here, start from the beginning. It will be much more satisfying that way.
Malon
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really feels like this series is clicking with me now. The cast of side characters has grown on me, and I've grown to love the revolving door minor heroes who get curb stomped. Mumen Rider is a definite favorite. One Punch Man has become a comedic shonen, rather than a straight up comedy like it started out as. But at least it's pretty great.
Jesus Flores
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One Punch Man 5

This is a fun one. The Sea King is one big bad monster, that defeats several heroes in this volume.
The Cyclist with no license, that is one funny character.

And Saitama embracing his reputation as a fraud hero, who arrives just to defeat the bad guys and take the credit of the other heroes, gives one interesting twist to the comic.

The fan mail scene also fun.

And the cover on the back with the little girl getting a photo and Saitama being left out of frame, marvelous.

And drawing, th
M. Ashraf
Jul 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
I don't know why but this started to get more like the Hunter X Hunter in its late days with the associations and the ranks, corruption and all that stuff ...
Again seeing different type of heroes facing the sea king till Saitama appearance...
What he did though with the people again :/ like the last volume why he decided it to by that :/ just stay hush...
Anyways it was great and the artwork was amazing...
at the finale issue we met all the S-ranked heroes and you see the resemblance between them a
Michael
Dec 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow they really amp up the WTFery in this volume. Jet Niceguy? Bunbun Man? Mumen Rider with the "justice crash" which hurls a bicycle at the Sea Beast dude with no success. Aaand then OPM punches a whole in him. But the best moment is Funeral Suspenders' "Suspender Storm" move. WTH am I even reading? For these reasons 5 stars!
Mal
Jan 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing

idk who you are
saitama is hot af
L. McCoy
Best volume I've got to read so far.

Good story.
Great art as always!
There's awesome action in this volume.
Funny as always!
Some really good character development in this volume.

Seriously if you aren't reading this and/or watching the anime you are really missing out!
Amy
Nov 06, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, shonen, 2015-reads
Saitama is one of the greatest and noblest heroes that people can have. He reminds me of the Strawhat gang though, the last bit was great, I like the master-pupil relationship between Genos and Saitama! Yeah, 3.5 stars!
Imogen
Dec 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
This series never fails to make me laugh and this volume was no different. I recommend this to anyone (but, to be honest, who hasn't already read it?) who needs to get out of a slump or just wants a quick, light-hearted read between books.
Bentgaidin
Mar 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
This has been a fun series so far. Not 5 stars only because this volume is very much a bridge.
Ashish Iyer
An action packed comedy with amazing illustration and writing to keep it serious when it needs to be. If you are a fan of this manga then the anime is something you must watch.
Kenny
Feb 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
More action as the ultimate hero gets up the super rankings despite the predominant scepticism among the masses regarding the hero.
Julie
My favorite volume yet! I just love Saitama.... and the other heroes are great.
Quinn
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
One-Punch Man, Vol. 5, written by ONE and illustrated by Yusuke Murata, stars Saitama, the titular, "One-Punch Man." After years of training, Saitama has become so powerful he can defeat virtually every enemy with a single strike. There's just one problem: according to Saitama himself, "overwhelming strength ... is boring."

This volume focuses primarily on the Deep Sea King, and his campaign of aggression against the heroes (and villains?) who stand against him. The volume also includes a bit of
Ben Truong
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
One-Punch Man, Vol. 5 continues where the previous tankōbon left off and contains the next five chapters (25–29) of the on-going manga series and one bonus story.

The tankōbon continues the battle with Deep Sea King. Puri-Puri Prisoner tries to fight Deep Sea King but is defeated. Sonic, who also broke out of prison gives a try but realizes he needs a weapon and retreats. Deep Sea King attacks an evacuation shelter of civilians and finds less than a handful of minor superheroes including Snakebit
Isabella
I love this volume so much because:

- it had one of the most difficult villains to defeat (for normal people, I mean). Hero by hero, they tried to bring him down, but it was no use. If this guy had been from any other manga, I'd think "welp, this is it."

- Genos got DESTROOOOOYYEEEEDD. He's a cyborg and yet I'm wondering how much of what's left of him is still human, because every major battle he gets into, he just gets even more wrecked. In this one, he even (view spoiler)
Adam M
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sorry for the barrage of One-Punch Man reviews, but they keep getting better and I'm powering through them all now. I find I have several categories worth of favorites every time, i.e. best "attack", best new hero name, best joke at a villain's expense.

Puri-Puri Prisoner is FaBuLoUs here. Genos shows again he's all heart (and massive arm guns) and really one of my favorite parts of the story. He gives it balance and clarity, as well as the opportunity for some laughs. He's not the hero they de
Brandon
Jun 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Beelzebub 02
  • 月刊少女野崎くん 4 [Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 4] (Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun, #4)
  • Jaco the Galactic Patrolman
  • Trigun Maximum Volume 14: Mind Games
  • Princess Resurrection, Vol. 2
  • Barakamon 2
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 3 [Boku No Hero Academia 3] (My Hero Academia, #3)
  • 食戟のソーマ 5 [Shokugeki no Souma 5] (Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma, #5)

Manga creator ONE first created One-Punch Man as a web comic, where it quickly went viral, garnering over 10,000,000 hits! Along with One-Punch Man, ONE also writes and draws another series called Mob Psycho 100.

ワンパンマン / Onepunch-Man (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • ワンパンマン 1 [Wanpanman 1] (Onepunch-Man, #1)
  • ワンパンマン 2 [Wanpanman 2] (Onepunch-Man, #2)
  • ワンパンマン 3 [Wanpanman 3] (Onepunch-Man, #3)
  • ワンパンマン 4 [Wanpanman 4] (Onepunch-Man, #4)
  • ワンパンマン 6 [Wanpanman 6] (Onepunch-Man, #6)
  • ワンパンマン 7 [Wanpanman 7] (Onepunch-Man, #7)
  • ワンパンマン 8 [Wanpanman 8] (Onepunch-Man, #8)
  • ワンパンマン 9 [Wanpanman 9] (Onepunch-Man, #9)
  • ワンパンマン 10 [Wanpanman 10] (Onepunch-Man, #10)
  • ワンパンマン 11 [Wanpanman 11] (Onepunch-Man, #11)