Start by marking “Alight (The Generations Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Alight (The Generations Trilogy, #2)

Alight

(The Generations Trilogy #2)

“If it’s war they want, they messed with the wrong girl.”

M. Savage—or Em, as she is called—has made a bewildering and ominous discovery. She and the other young people she was chosen to lead awoke in strange coffins with no memory of their names or their pasts. They faced an empty, unknown place of twisting tunnels and human bones. With only one another to depend on, they
Published April 5th 2016 by Del Rey

To ask other readers questions about Alight, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Lena
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Alight (The Generations Trilogy, #2)
Alright, so when Alive first came out, Scott Sigler included a note asking those who review to be mindful of spoilers and not post them. I would like to do the same thing with Alight, the sequel. Even for those who haven’t yet read Alive..I’ll be trying my best to keep out any developments from the first book that led to the second.

We again are with Em and the Birthday Children as they continue to make discoveries as to who they really are. They learn more about their past and identities whi
Scott Sigler
Aug 18, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: stuff-i-wrote
OCTOBER 4, 2016
Hoo-rah, ALIGHT is out in paperback today!

JULY 19, 2016:
Check out the paperback cover for ALIGHT (hardcover out now, paperback out October 4, 2016). Del Rey, the publisher, is going for a whole new look with the series. They've also slated a new paperback cover for ALIVE, and that one will also be out about October 4. Publisher just ramping things up to push the hardcover of Book III of the trilogy, ALONE, out Marcy 7 2017.

Update 4/5/16
Ladies and gentlemen, ALIGHT is in stores to
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
MY BLOG: Melissa Martin's Reading List

***SOME MILD SPOILERS***

So they have landed on the planet.

I still love Em's character and a lot of the others, but crap on a cracker could someone get rid of Aramousky! This caused me to have a love/hate relationship with the book, but I guess we all have to put up with a jerk every now and then right? :-)

THINGS THEY NEED TO DO

•Find out if the planet is hostile.
•Find out if there are other living beings on the planet.
•Find out how to eat contaminated foo
Mogsy (MMOGC)
3.5 of 5 stars at The BiblioSanctum http://bibliosanctum.com/2016/04/02/y...

Oh Scott Sigler, you have to stop writing books where the amazing parts are all spoilers! The things I want to praise and gush about in here would lead to too many plot reveals, so nope nope nope I’m not going to do it. Suffice to say, much like the first book Alive, the less you know going into Alight the better.

And that’s not all this sequel has in common with its predecessor. Alight carries on the horror-mystery tradi
Aditi
“Temper us in fire, and we grow stronger. When we suffer, we survive.”

----Cassandra Clare

Scott Sigler, the New York Times best-selling author, pens the next book from his The Generations Trilogy called, Alight that unfolds the story of Em and other survivors who woke up from a closed coffin in a strange and horrifying place, later finding out that they were going to land on a strange planet called, Omeyocan. But this planet turns out to be challenging and deathly as a new nemesis threatens
Icepick
Feb 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: science-fiction
Wow. I haven't blazed through a book that quickly in quite a while. It was a fun read. I enjoyed it more than Alive. Things happen a bit more quickly in the 2nd book of the trilogy now that a great deal of the groundwork is done. I won't go into details, but I enjoyed some of the surprises in the story as the "birthday children" find out more about their past and their fate. ...more
Erin Dunn
Dec 10, 2015 rated it really liked it

Thank you to NetGalley for providing me with an ebook copy of Alight By: Scott Sigler in exchange for an honest review.

Alight started right off where Alive left off and it was so easy to get back into the story. I loved that there was so much ACTION in this one and the ending has made me desperate for the third book to be out already!

Em and the group are now on Omeyocan and of course things are not going smoothly. They have to find food, fight for leadersh
Karen’s Library
Mar 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi, netgalley, arc
I just finished Alight, and am still reeling a bit from that Epilogue! I need Alone now! Wow!

Alight picks up right where Alive ends with Em, Bishop, O'Malley, Spingate and the rest of the gang learning to cope with who they are, who each other is, and how to provide for their survival as they explore their surroundings.

Sigler does a great job subletly reminding the reader who everyone is that I felt no need to reread Alive first as a refresher (which IS refreshing!). I'm one of those who almost
Hayle Chen
GIVE ME THIS I WILL FIGHT FOR THIS BOOK
Mark Gardner
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
I expected to enjoy Alight, and I wasn’t disappointed. I’ve already mentioned when I reviewed Alive last year, that I like this series more than the Infected series. Alight is another solid foray into a YA sci-fi survival adventure. Like its predecessor, nothing is held back from the YA audience.

Alight covers the gambit of emotions we can expect from people, both young and old: pride, fear, anger, xenophobia, and the idea that people we trust don’t always have our best intentions at heart.

In Ali
Vanessa (bookfairy95)
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, sci-fi, 2019
Oh my.. I don’t even know where to start.. I didn’t expect to be so engrossed in the story!! I mean, I LOVED book 1 Alive. But this one?? It was so unexpected, had twists and turns and kept me at the edge of my seat the entire time! I could do nothing else, but think about it. All. Day. Long. And most of the time I had to stop reading at parts that nearly drove me insane, because of suspense and plot twists and unexpected changes in loyalty and friendships and ahhhh.

Okay. Calm down.

(view spoil
Shirley
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Alight is the second book in the Generations Trilogy by Scott Sigler. Em and the rest of the children arrive on the planet Omeyocan. But things, as expected don’t go seamlessly for Em and the gang. What they find on Omeyocan eventually answers some questions but raises even more questions that need to be answered.
There may be some mild spoilers (although I really don’t think so) next so don’t read my likes unless you are OK with that.
Things I liked about the book.
1) The power struggle between
Kyle
Feb 25, 2016 rated it liked it
To be honest, I liked the first book in the series more. I mean, this was good, but I have a real hard time following Sigler's style. It's not the plot that I don't get- it's more his geographic descriptions and how he writes action sequences. I have to read things a couple times and I am always left perplexed. I can't follow what he's saying or meaning, and it's not due to a comprehension problem on my end.

Another complaint for me is one I echo with many of these YA stories in today's time. I
Kitten Kisser
Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
After reading Alive I anticipated that now that Sigler had the groundwork laid, the second book would be even better. I was right. Unlike Alive, Alight is filled with non stop action. These kids just don't get a break. As if arriving on an alien planet wasn't difficult enough, they have to learn not only how to farm for their future, but they must also perfom medical care, & find fresh water. They must quickly figure out the native species, what is safe, what can be eaten, & what will kill. They ...more
Petra
A great sequel, even though my extremely high expectations ruined it a bit for me. The last half was amazing, though, and I simply cannot wait for the third one. I highly recommend reading this series.
Lulai
Sep 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoy this book, I like the way the author manages to create something new ins this second book and this ending is just so stressfull. I like it.
Aimee Reed
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 3-9-16
Thank you Empty Set Entertainment for the ARC! Scott Sigler brings on a non-stop, nail-biting, roller coaster ride for the second book of the Generations Trilogy...ALIGHT.

ALIGHT begins immediately after ALIVE ends, with Em and the Birthday Children continuing their quest for knowledge about who they are, (and what that means), where they are, and their basic need to survive. Compile this with young adult angst, hormones and power struggles, then top it with a heaping shovel full of trial-by-fir
Teri
Dec 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic followup to Alive, the first book in this series! The author uses a nice technique for reminding the reader what happened in that book - something I appreciated.

Again, the group finds themselves in unfamiliar territory - this time a new planet where they face one obstacle after another, be it people or situations. This author really knows how to put his characters through the wringer using conflict and that's one of the reasons this series is so compelling.

The cast of supporting
Empress Reece (Hooked on Books)
The Birthday Children are Back!!... I was so thrilled to get this ARC, the second book in the Generations Trilogy, from NetGalley & it didn't disappoint! Alight starts off right where the first book, Alive, ended. The birthday children are on the space shuttle heading to the planet Omeyocan, their new home. They're still learning who they are and now they're learning about their new home and how to survive on it, which isn't as easy as they were hoping it would be. They all face many day-to-day ...more
Larry Babcock
Nov 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was lucky enough to win a copy of this book and was able to read it early. I have enjoyed everything Scott Sigler has created. Alive was no exception, and I couldn't wait to read this one. I had no idea how this story could progress after the first book, but I couldn't be happier of how this story unfolded.

Alight starts right were Alive ended. It did a great job of giving a quick summary to reminded you about the events from Alive. Like the first book there are a few surprises that I didn't s
J.M.
May 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Rereading again to finish the trilogy. Loved it all over again.
LOVED this book! I loved everything about it. If the series ended here, I would be satisfied. But the ending is open enough that I'm anxious to see what happens next.

Em is strong and resilient, and I only wish I had been able to read this book when I was younger. I can't wait to see how the trilogy wraps up in the last book.
Heather
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Adored this book, and I am eagerly awaiting my chance to read the final book in this trilogy!
Mark
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways
First off, the version of the book I am reviewing is an Advance Proof I won in a Goodreads contest.

First off, if you haven't read Book 1, please do so before reading this review. There will definitely be spoilers for the first book!!!

This book picks up right after the events of Book 1: Alive. The Birthday Children have left the interstellar ship Xolotl on a shuttle bound to the planet they were literally made to live on: Omeyocan. With the threat from the "Grownups" behind them, they must now fi
Oceana
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
Alive was way more engaging for me.
There were times when I was totally interested in the story but a lot of times when I couldn't care less. I almost DNF'd this book. It held on long enough for me to not give it a 1.
Unfortunately, I don't see myself reading the third book.
Kelly Mcardle
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A page turner. Alight picks up right where Alive left off and doesn't miss a beat. Sigler has crafted another gripping story full of action, adventure, and romance. ...more
C-shaw
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Once again I stayed up until 2:00 a.m. reading this, just like I did the first one in the series. What an exciting book, every single page, every single chapter. I love Scott Sigler's writing!!! ...more
Laura Navello
Wow! How to review this without spoilers?

It is very interesting how the story portrays the power of religion, especially in extreme situations. I think this is one of the best things the book has. I want to kick Aramousky in the face, but I won’t deny that he is very interesting to read.

I have a soft spot for planet exploration, even more if it has mysterious colossal ruins, so I was very into the story. More questions, more ethical dilemmas, more conflict and new struggles. I devoured it.

The
Angela Blount
Mar 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, ya
Originally reviewed for YA Books Central: http://www.yabookscentral.com/yaficti...

3.5 Stars

A fast-paced, volatile follow-up to Alive.

"Our creators designed our bodies. Our faces are theirs--these scars are the only things we can truly call our own."

In the first book the so-called “Birthday Children” awoke—twelve-year-old minds in the bodies of 18 to 20-year-olds—unsure of who they were, what they were, or where they were. Much of that book was a Lord Of The Flies-styled journey of world-buildin
Nelia Madeira
Jan 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
today I'm bringing you a book that came out today and that I got the chance to read a eARC of it from NetGalley before today. This is book 2 in The Generations Trilogy, I read book 1 last year, Alive and love it, it made it to my favorites list of 2015 so this book has been on my most anticipated books 2016. Ah, let's get to the review? Let's do it...
Em, Spingate, O'Malley, Bishop and the other youngest have made their way to the planet that was create for them. But once they get there they need
Cynthia (Bingeing On Books)
I received this ARC from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.

This book picks up where Alive left off, with Em and the others landing on the planet of Omeyocan. It did take me a while to get into this one. Part of it may be that I forgot about some of the characters from the first one and it's been a while since I read Alive. But some things I remember: Em is still the leader and Aramousky is still acting like a zealous jerk with questionable motives. And of course both O'Malley and Bishop
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Scott Sigler Junkies: ALIGHT cover unboxing 8 20 Mar 08, 2016 05:47PM
Cannot wait for this story 2 10 Jan 29, 2016 08:30AM

• Nil (Nil, #1)
  • Shadows (Ashes Trilogy, #2)
  • Dogs of War (Joe Ledger, #9)
  • Exoplanets: The Search for Another Earth
  • The Sacrifice (The Enemy #4)
  • Aylema (Gecenin Hikayesi, #1)
  • Battleship (Movie Tie-in Edition)
  • The Cliffs (Five Nights at Freddy's: Fazbear Frights #7)
  • Kill Switch (Joe Ledger, #8)
  • Dead of Night (Dead of Night, #1)
  • Fall of Night (Dead of Night, #2)
  • Infected #1 (of 4)
  • Last One at the Party
  • Aşeka (Gecenin Hikayesi, #2)
  • Beneath the Dark Ice (Alex Hunter, #1)
  • 00.00 - Biri Sizi Düşünüyor
  • Dark of Night - Flesh and Fire

Get Scott's free, unabridged weekly audiobook episodes from iTunes by subscribing to his podcast.

#1 New York Times best-selling author Scott Sigler is the creator of fifteen novels, six novellas and dozens of short stories. He gives away his stories as weekly, serialized, audiobooks, with over 40 million episodes downloaded.

Scott launched his career by releasin

The Generations Trilogy (3 books)
  • Alive (The Generations Trilogy, #1)
  • Alone (The Generations Trilogy, #3)