Start by marking “Love Style Life” as Want to Read:
Love Style Life

Love Style Life

NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER  The guardian of all style (The New York Times Magazine) shares stories on life, love, style, and career, from Paris to New York, and inspires readers to cultivate an effortless chic that is all their own.

Garance Doré, the voice and vision behind her eponymous blog, has captivated millions of readers worldwide with her fresh and appealing
Published October 27th 2015 by Spiegel & Grau

To ask other readers questions about Love Style Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Style Life

Start your review of Love Style Life
Roxana
Nov 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Let me tell you something important: don't buy the ebook! I mean it! Buy the book or borrow it.

I love books that give you an experience and this is one of them. It's full of beautiful pictures and illustrations that take your reading experience to another level.

About the book... to be honest, this time last year I didn't know who Garance Doré was, but since then I found out a little bit. After this book I can say I love her. She is such a fun and wonderful woman and she made me laugh a lot.

justjotter
Nov 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Any lover of true style must read this book. I've read more style guides and fashion magazines than I can count. Trust me when I say that Garance's book is the one that spoke to my soul. Her wisdom and knowledge of strong, accomplished women and how they think is dead on. Strive not for style, strive to be impeccable, kind and empowered. Never look back!
Nickolette
Dec 04, 2015 rated it liked it
OK This book is not as bad as "It" by Alexa Chung and not as good as "Luellas Guide To English Style" by Luella Bartley. (The latter I consider a masterpiece in the genre, even more so after reading the other ones.) We shouldnt be very harsh when approaching these kinds of books. After all we are looking for a light, undemanding read and something visually pleasurable. We should approach with the right set of expectations. If you enjoy it and dont have the feeling you are losing you time, its ...more
JDAZDesigns
Nov 30, 2015 rated it did not like it
Every time I read a blogger book, I say never again. Y'know, because, it's been done already.

This is no exception.

If you feel the need, borrow it from the library.

But if you read her blog... Move along. Nothing to see here folks.
Catrinel Bianca
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Garance is a warm human being and the book is a perfect mirror of her blog! positive, inspiring and shiny
Gloria
Nov 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I would never buy a book written by a blogger. When I heard Garance was putting a book out, I rolled my eyes and said to myself I would never buy it. I love her blog, I love her aesthetic but I thought her book would be just another 'guide to style' ridiculous money-making schtick.

This book is literally giving me the chills right now. Go get it. It will lift your soul.
Shelby Harper
Nov 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I enjoyed the voice, which felt like a conversation with a really stylish, super-chic friend. There are so many Francophile books, but this is different in that it's written by a Corsican woman of Italian decent (but who is undeniably French) and her take on New Yorkers and blending Parisian and NY style. This is a book that's a large much fun to read as it is a gorgeous coffee table book. Bravo!
Dallas
Oct 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-reads
I began reading Garance's blog to practice my French after moving to Montreal nearly 10 years ago. Throughout the years, her art and writing have been hugely influential for me. This book is a wonderful complement to her blog, and a lovely tangible way to have a piece of her beautiful world in my home. My favourite part of the book is where she talks about "elegance de coeur."
Maggie Dore
Jul 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wish-list, best-ever
1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 stars.

Bec Rindler
Sep 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Fun and light beachy read, nothing special but good for vacation
Susannah
Jan 31, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I chose to read this because I had heard of Garance as a famous style blogger, and also because I knew her to be the partner of The Sartorialist, whose books I have also read.
Although she touches on style in this book, it is less about style dos and don'ts, and more about her history, and the direction her life has taken.
It was interesting reading about the various jobs she has had, and how she came to be at the forefront of the fashion blogger movement, almost by accident.
There is are
Becki Iverson
Jul 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Garance Dore has long been my favorite blogger. I definitely have had some growing pains as her style and blog has evolved - I miss the old, singular voice format she used - but I still love reading her poignant prose and looking at her gorgeous photographs and illustrations.

Most of LovexStylexLife felt more like a magazine ad than a book, but there were great moments. In particular, Garance's observations on love and relationships at the end of the book have really stuck with me and I have
Feb 28, 2016 rated it liked it
I am of two minds on this book. On the one hand, I liked her insights into following your interests and individuality. There isn't anything new here but she delivers the message with integrity and a breezy manner that is compelling. On the other hand, there is some less interesting, near shallow material about the fashion industry and how wonderful her life is. This odd mismatch may be because the origin of her book is a blog so the audience is assumed to know much about her. That said, I ...more
Alicia
Dec 11, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: nonfiction, read-2015
It was interesting to read about the author's influences and how they shaped her. The difference between Paris and New York was also fascinating. I thought her fashion suggestions were also good.

The big quote pages scattered throughout were hard to read both due to font and how they were laid out across the spine of the book and the strikethroughs in certain parts of the book were annoying.
Vesna
Dec 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful book, passionate writer - loved to read about how her style evolved through her life and her search of who she is, what is meaningful to her and of course - romance. Great take on exploring her relationships at the end

Julia Burns
Nov 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Interesting and humorous insight into the vacuous world of New York fashion. Garance - you have sold out! You should have stayed in Paris!
Olivia
Jul 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Charming. Reading this felt like getting loving advice from a chic, French older sister. A sweet quick read.
Autumn Kovach
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: new-york, paris
This was a very pretty book and is made up of pretty pictures and long lists. I love/hated this book though and here is my analysis:

Reasons I liked it:
-She wrote about her career, travels, friends and love lives from a 40-year-old perspective, which I appreciated. It was reassuring that you can reinvent yourself many times throughout your life.
-I liked her comparisons of New York to Paris; party life, eating habits, style and social interactions and norms.
-She gave great tips for how to
Kathryn
Dec 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was part memoir and part essence of style. Almost everything is too young for me, but I thought the book was uniquely laid out and fun to read.
Ivana de B.
This was a fast read and I enjoyed it very much!

I've become very interested in books such as this one.
shanghao
From Garance Dore's instagram post today, 9th Nov 2016:
I don't think at any point I had pictured this could happen. Maybe I watch too many American movies with a happy ending. Last night, Chris and I didn't know what to do. He was pacing, I was curled under the sheets, unable to sleep but wanting desperately to wake up to a brighter day.
Then I heard Chris in the middle of the night.
That's it, he won, he said.
In my sleep, my heart ripped apart.

My vision of a progressive world, where women and
Sara
Dec 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
I have never been a fan of Garance Dore before reading this book, but the cover popped out to me and I decided to give it a go. I can now say I find myself browsing Garance's website and find myself thinking about buying her illustrations...read this book! If you want a light-hearted story about just what the title expresses- go for it. If you are looking for a fashion read with a bit of narrative, this is a great read for you, but it's more of a collection of ideas, and not very chapter novel ...more
Natalia
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you are a style lover, you need to read this book. I give it 5 stars, because it absolutely spoke to my soul and actually itll make you feel even more confident and so beautiful!

We all look better when were smiling anyway

What I really love about the book is that its not just about style and beauty, about also about love and feeling like a real woman, confident. Its full of amazing ideas and advices for you. The author also includes in the book beautiful illustrations made by herself, also
Rohinee Sharma
Dec 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love everything about Garance ...she is warm , she is funny , she is stylish , an awesome illustrator and photographer ...and did I mention a Parisian in NY ! what's not to love :) This book is just wonderful !
Katya Bychkova
Jan 11, 2016 rated it liked it
I was very excited to read this look because I love GD's blog, but I didn't find anything to grab my attention. I mean, who doesn't know that a red lipstick and a white shirt makes everyone look better?
Florence
Nov 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed it considering I haven't read Ms. Dore's blog yet. It's a mix of personal stories, style and life advice, and cool illustrations. It might not appeal for some people though who probably don't enjoy Paris / New York comparisons.
Misti
Dec 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
From Paris to New York, fashion blogger, Garrance Dore` discusses her thoughts on style, life, and love and what makes a person feel beautiful. ...more
Maria Lianou
It was all that I expected to be and some more! Really enjoyed reading it! ♥
Vicky Griffith
Dec 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
I've little interest in fashion but this author presents such an accessible way to think about style without pretense -- I want to be her friend.
Barbara
Nov 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fashion blogger/illustrator/photographer turned author writes honestly about fashion, being a woman, style and love. Garance is likable and offers some good advice too.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Parisian Chic: A Style Guide
  • How to Be Parisian Wherever You Are: Love, Style, and Bad Habits
  • Paris Street Style
  • Capture Your Style: Transform Your Instagram Photos, Showcase Your Life, and Build the Ultimate Platform
  • It
  • Bloom: navigating life and style
  • Older but Better, but Older
  • The Curated Closet: A Simple System for Discovering Your Personal Style and Building Your Dream Wardrobe
  • Lessons from Madame Chic: 20 Stylish Secrets I Learned While Living in Paris
  • Grace: A Memoir
  • Coco Chanel: The Illustrated World of a Fashion Icon
  • At Home with Madame Chic: Becoming a Connoisseur of Daily Life
  • #GIRLBOSS
  • à Paris
  • If You Have to Cry, Go Outside: And Other Things Your Mother Never Told You
  • My Paris Dream: An Education in Style, Slang, and Seduction in the Great City on the Seine
  • Parisian Chic Encore: A Style Guide
  • Parisian Charm School: French Secrets for Cultivating Love, Joy, and That Certain Je Ne Sais Quoi