Start by marking “A Grave Inheritance (Goddess Born, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Grave Inheritance (Goddess Born, #2)

A Grave Inheritance (Goddess Born #2)

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  78 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
Selah Kilbrid may descend from the goddess Brigid, but her heart beats—and breaks—the same as any human. Yet enduring the scorn of London's most noble lords and ladies is a small price to pay for a chance at true happiness. Selah would endure much more for love, and her betrothed, Lord Henry Fitzalan, is prepared to challenge anyone foolish enough to stand in their way—eve ...more
Kindle Edition
Published December 1st 2014 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about A Grave Inheritance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Grave Inheritance

Colleen Turner
Dec 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
See the full review at http://aliteraryvacation.blogspot.com.

With Kari Edgren's first book in her Goddess Born series the author did a wonderful job of combining 1700s Colonial Pennsylvanian history with an otherworldly environment of ancient powers and healing. In this second installment we move away from the Quaker community our main character Selah has always known into the dangerous, unfamiliar worlds of both London society and the darker and dirtier back alleys of this ever-shifting city.
Michelle (True Book Addict)
It can be rare for me to like a second book more than the first, but that is exactly the case with A Grave Inheritance, book two in the Goddess Born series. The author has really outdone herself with this one. As we follow Selah to England so she can meet up with her love James and they can finally marry, the story starts off with an exciting occurrence (before the voyage to England) and just keeps getting more and more intriguing and interesting as the story progresses.

In this book, we really g
Brienne
Nov 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I devoured it in two days. There was no way that I could put it down. It caught my attention in the very first chapter and you never let it go. There were so many twists and turns that I didn’t know where the book was going to take me. (Something that doesn’t happen to me very often.)

I loved that there was more than one conflict/issue that the main characters had to deal with. It felt more realistic that way, usually in this life we are dealing with more than one difficult ch
Malissa
Dec 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
Selah is back and stronger than ever. If you are looking for a tough, stand your ground, yet kind and loving character look no farther. Selah's world will turn upside down, love and friendship is tested, and her future is uncertain, but she handles it all with perhaps a bit of naivety, but a lot of grace and courage.

I love how Kari Edgren is able to transport me back in time with these tales. She weaves a world that allows me to hear the sounds, see the sights, and unfortunately smell the smel
Paula M. of Her Book Thoughts!
3.5!!

Full review this Dec 2nd!!

The sequel is finally here!!!!

description

LET SELAH AND HENRY STAY TOGETHER AND NOBODY WILL GET HURT. NOBODY > MY FEELINGS. MY HEART. MY EMOTION.

Jenny Q
Last year I read and enjoyed Kari Edgren's debut, Goddess Born, a novel of a lonely young woman with exceptional healing powers struggling to find her place in a superstitious community, though I had a few issues with it. But I was anxious to see how things would play out in A Grave Inheritance, the second book in the series, and I'm pleased to report that I ended up liking this one better than the first book!

The story picks up a few weeks after the first book left off, with Henry Fitzalan, the
Erin Al-Mehairi
Dec 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
When I read Kari Edgren's A Goddess Born, the first book in this series, earlier this year I fell in love with it. Not only do I like historicals, but I love paranormals/supernaturals (especially those with mythological components) and though I don't normally like all kinds of romance, I do like them when they are not sappy or southern, so to speak.

So, when A Grave Inheritance, book two in the series also called Goddess Born series, became available to me for review, I was anxious to read it. It
I'd So Rather Be Reading {Nat}
Shelves: read-in-2014
I loved Kari Edgren's first installment in the Goddess Born series, Goddess Born, and could not wait to read book two. Edgren combines historical fiction, fantasy, paranormal elements, and romance in the Goddess Born series. And she does it with aplomb. These books are clean romance novels, which is such a nice change of pace for me. I love it when I can share a book with my mom and not have to blush when we talk about it.

A Grave Inheritance begins about three months after Goddess Born ends. Not
R.C. Bean
Dec 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A digital copy of this book was provided to me in exchange for an honest review.

The tale revolves around Selah Kilbrid, who is a descendant of Goddess Brigid. She is as emotional and fragile as any human. Her man, Lord Henry Fitzalan is fiercely devoted to her. Things take a turn when Selah get to learn of some sinister truths which could damage a lot of things she holds dear. Her strength drains and fails her at a very inopportune moment, and she needs to cross over to the other world to get i
D.E.
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A Grave Inheritance is the second book in the Goddess Born series. This installment continues the story of Selah and Henry as Selah arrives in London to be reunited with Henry. The first half of the novel concentrates on romantic problems between Selah and Henry. I found their trials and tribulations extremely realistic.

I absolutely loved this book. I’m not a huge fan of paranormal or fantasy novels, but Edgen makes the story so utterly believable that a reader can forget that the Goddess Born
DeniseF
A Grave Inheritance is the lively, action-packed sequel to Goddess Born. From page one, I was sucked into an awesome roller coaster ride of magic, royalty and intrigue in late 18th century London.

I went into this book thinking that Selah was the only character with a huge secret but boy, was I wrong. They're were all kinds of secrets revealed; some were surprising and others were not but it made for a very exciting story. Nothing was what it seemed and I loved every twist, turn and new revelati
Melissa Saneholtz
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A Grave Inheritance was incredible. Edgren has written another masterpiece; I simply couldn't put the book down.

We continue the story of Selah and her journey to Henry's world. Little did she know that the journey would unlock the key to her past.

Kari Edgren is an amazing writer who never disappoints. This entire series has been amazing so far. I highly recommend anything she writes as it's sure to be incredible. I can't wait for book three!
Rachel
Jan 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
The sequel to Goddess Born did not disappoint! I found the characters & the dialogue to be just as engaging as ever. I rarely laugh out loud while reading, but did so while reading this book. LOOOOVE that this takes placed in eighteenth century England! So fascinating. From a historical fiction perspective, Edgren fleshes out some nooks & crannies of history I hadn't given much thought (but now find super fascinating).
Cindy
Nov 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I liked that this book takes place in England- i have the same connection with the characters, but feel like the story has a fresh appeal, the different setting is exciting.
Melissa
Nov 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Love!!! Fast paced.
Carrie Slager
Dec 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
[Full disclosure: I received a free ebook in conjunction with the blog tour in exchange for an honest review.]

After having read Goddess Born, the first book in Kari Edgren’s trilogy, I was very, very excited to get my hands on A Grave Inheritance. The first book had been so great that it would be hard to top, but I had faith that she would be up to the challenge. And of course she was.

Selah is a much different character now. She’s more sure of herself and of Henry, but there are still little dou
Adrienne Scales

What I particularly like about Kari Edgren's writing is that I always lose track of time and space.  Life continues, people have conversations, children run around playing, and I sit happily in my bubble reading.  Totally immersed in the world a Celtic goddess who travels to London for her one true love.

In A Grave Inheritance we pick up right where Goddess Born left off.  Henry has left for London to try and persuade the King to release him from his arranged betrothal to the Princess.  Selah is

Darlene
Feb 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Originally posted at: http://www.peekingbetweenthepages.com...

Having read Goddess Born, the first book in Kari Edgren’s trilogy and enjoying it immensely, I knew I had to read A Grave Inheritance and I was not disappointed! As with any sequel a review is a bit difficult without maybe giving away a spoiler from the first book so be forewarned before you go on if you do intend to read the series. In A Grave Inheritance we continue Selah’s journey – this time to meet her love Henry in London. A Gra
Stephanie
I absolutely loved the first book in this series, Goddess Born and devoured this book. A Grave Inheritance picks up a few months after the end of the first book, making it seem like I never left Selah's world. Selah's betrothed, Lord Henry Fitzalan has returned to London, leaving Selah behind in the Colonies with one of his men, James. Henry must find a way out of his betrothal to the King's daughter, Amelia. When Selah finally arrives in London to join Henry, she leaves behind a mysterious atta ...more
Melanie
I enjoyed the first book in this series. My only minor complaint about the first book was that the pacing seemed slow at times. I definitely don't have the same complaint with this book since it moved at a much faster pace, and I loved it!!

At the beginning, Henry is already in England and Selah is preparing to join him. She has an odd experience before she leaves which shakes her up a little bit. When she gets to England, she and Henry have to act more formal with each other since lots of eyes a
Shomeret
I received a free copy of this novel from the publisher in return for this honest review.

When I've read the first book, I usually evaluate a sequel on whether it develops the author's premise further. This is an aspect of A Grave Inheritance that I would judge successful. When Selah Kilbrid travels from Pennsylvania to London, she encounters other goddess born with different gifts, and even a different goddess. There are also new abilities and possibilities available to her as a child of Brigid
LuAnn
Jan 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-challenge
I love a good story about embattled love, and A Grave Inheritance is just such a story. The juxtaposition of an heirloom knife being used to chop herbs in the kitchen one minute and destroy a hellhound the next is priceless. This attack, on the eve of Selah's voyage to reunite with Henry in England is but a foreshadowing of things to come.

So the King of England might arrest her for distracting Henry from his fiancee, a princess. So Henry is acting cold towards her. So the touch of a beggar girl
Karen Voitik
Dec 26, 2014 rated it really liked it

>Review - A Grave Inheritance -

>I received this book from the author and from Paranormal Romance and Authors that Rock. I am an independent reviewer. This is the second book in the Goddess Born Series and ends with a cliffhanger.

>I never read the first book in the series, but I was able to enjoy this book and figure things out fairly quickly. Not having any prior knowledge of Henry and Selah's relationship, I was confused as to why Selah even wanted him. He was betrothed to another, ac
Janie G
Aug 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another fast-paced book in the Goddess Born series. Although I was sad at the departure from the Quaker village setting, I still very much enjoyed the drama of London's high society. In this installment I liked seeing Selah soften a bit as she gained empathy and understanding for the characters around her.
Maureen Hoar
Feb 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Another slow start

This was slow and seemed to stray a little. But when all the pieces came together it roared to life. So many secrets still to be revealed in the next book I'm sure. This is a pretty devastating cliff hanger so I hope book the comes soon.
Robin
Jul 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 21st-century
I loved how this book deepens the mythology.
John
Shelves: my-library
I loved the fast pace, the plot twists, the mysterious powers, the sinister villains, and the great love story that just keeps building. This is what a "good read" is all about!
Dana Adams
Mar 22, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Jun 20, 2015 12:07PM

Goddess Born (3 books)
  • Goddess Born (Goddess Born, #1)
  • An Immortal Descent (Goddess Born, #3)