Start by marking “Haunted (The Mediator, #5)” as Want to Read:
Haunted (The Mediator, #5)

Haunted

(The Mediator #5)

Is it possible to be haunted by someone who isn't even dead?

Suze is used to trouble, but this time she's in deep: Ghostly Jesse has her heart, but Paul Slater, a real flesh-and-blood guy, is warm for her form. And mediator Paul knows how to send Jesse to the Great Beyond. For good.

Paul claims he won't do anything to Jesse as long as Suze will go out with him. Fearing she'l
Published 2005 by Avon Books (first published January 21st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Haunted, please sign up.
Stephanie Do you mean the bind ups? Cause if I'm correct I believe those titles are the ones which were released for UK and were actually the first ones I came …moreDo you mean the bind ups? Cause if I'm correct I believe those titles are the ones which were released for UK and were actually the first ones I came across in NZ, the ones that are named Haunted & Twilight and the like are US titles I believe. I'm not sure but I think that's it :) (less)

Start your review of Haunted (The Mediator, #5)
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤

Hehe. Now I remember why this was my favorite so long ago....that jelly boy fight, though XD

RTC.

For more of my reviews, please visit:

Cyndi
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
These books are wonderful! Our adorable moderator has met a male counterpart, except that he is evil. He lies, cheats, and kills. But worst of all, he wants our moderator. (Him being a good kisser is beside the point)
Our Evil Moderator blackmails our Adorable Moderator into spending time with him by agreeing not to dispense with her ghost boyfriend.
There is also a ghost haunting his brother that Suze is supposed to help to move on. But she spends so much time worrying about her tortured roma
April (Aprilius Maximus)
Nov 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Not as much happened in this one, but I can't wait to see what happens in book 6!
Sara (sarawithoutanH)
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
What can I say? I'm obsessed with rereading this series. I had to physically read this one because only an abridged version of the audiobook exists (seriously, who does that?). I was a little sad that Suze dropped the nicknames for her stepbrothers. I really liked hearing them referred to as Dopey, Sleepy, and Doc. This is the shortest book in the series, but I still feel like important things happened in it. I'm getting a little tired of the "Suze meets boy who is being haunted by a malevolent ...more
Sharon
The characters were kinda annoying in this one. Suze needed to get it togetherrrrr. And Jesse. And her friend was being oddly pushy about the campaign. And Father Dom was being rather unsympathetic. Hhmmm...

So it's my least favorite Mediator book so far. Hope it gets back on track from here.

3 stars
Maggie
Jun 25, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: All girls
Giselle
This is the book when Paul Slater just managed to push himself onto Suze (even if its's unrequited) and inserts himself between her and Jesse. Talk about a psychopath. Not a whole lot happened, plot-wise. Just Suze moaning about her love life really and finding out things about her spiritual powers.
Annika
Dec 06, 2010 rated it it was ok
Brandi ;)
I have really enjoyed this series and I have every intention of finishing the last book, however, this book just didn't do it for me. I know a lot was revealed about 'what' Suze is and what all she can do that she was unaware of, that part was great. I just got sick of hearing about Jesse. Good gracious me, that was ALL she thought, talked, whined, moped and pondered over. Jesse, Jesse, Jesse, ect. Why doesn't he like me? What did I do? How could I kiss someone else and like it when I love Jesse ...more
Jess
I really, really, really don't like Paul.
Morgan
Oct 03, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
This is another solid installment in the Mediator Series! This time there wasn't much of ghosts trying to kill Suze, as much as the love-triangle really flourishing. But I had no problem with this because I spent the whole book trying to figure why I loved Paul Slater so much? I came to the conclusion that it's the same reason I love Malfoy, Peter, and Sebastian. They are rotten and not particularly charming (Paul on the other hand tends to be pretty darn charming). But I think I have this hope ...more
Capu
Nov 22, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone!!
I loved this one!! I was heartbroken when Jesse went to the rectory, but oh did my heart flutter at the end - woooo!!! Nice twist too with "Grandpa Slater".

I agree, the fight chapter was hillarious!!! I love that CeeCee realized finally who Jesse is. And I love how she is willing to let Suze explain it all in time. What a great friend!!
Maggie ☘
Mar 15, 2015 rated it it was ok
2.75

Not as good as the previous one (book 4), nor as the first two books in the series, but had better plot than book three. The main characters was sometimes annoying here. Well, ok we all know SUze can be annoying always, that's just how she is, but here more so than normal. And even Jesse and Father Dom were kind of... having a bad day in book five, I guess.
Mina
Dec 28, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm a BIG fan of The Mediator series, no that there's this fifth book to the collection, I really needed to read this.

The realtionship between Suze and Jesse is one of a kind, mainly because he's a ghost. But, she thinks he doesn't feel the same way. He rarely speaks to her, nobody can see him except her and paul.

Paul's a mediator too (someone who can see and communicate with ghosts). He's one of the bad guys and yeah he likes Suze too! When he kisses her, she actually kisses him back! I was thi
Caroline
Sep 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
Since when did Sleepy, Dopey and Doc become permanently Jake, Brad and David? I liked how each book solved a different mystery/dealt with a different ghost, so I was disappointed when this book was basically all just about Paul being a creep/evil and Suze crying about Jesse. Paul is aggressive and annoying and there is no development whatsoever, so this was probably my least favourite book of the series so far.
Gabrielle  (Wishes she had more time to read)
Gah. I'd forgotten how stupid Jesse was in this.
Also, fuck Paul.

Originally read in 2006
Thenia
Suze's story continues, and this time ghosts are not the ones causing her problems, but Paul, the arrogant, manipulative mediator she met in the previous book.

Paul is back in town and is now enrolled in Suze's school, and seems to have an agenda that involves her. Suze, who still hasn't forgiven him for his part in their previous encounter, wants nothing to do with him, but the lure of knowledge he offers her is irresistible.

Her relationship with Jesse is also on the rocks, and Paul's interferen
katie ♡
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
this series is so much fun omg i had a blast reading book five
Caroline D. (CarolineReads)
Nov 15, 2017 rated it did not like it
Well...this is gonna be on my list for one of the worst books of 2017. I'll probably do a series review after the next book (which is the last book of the series) which will explain everything.
Aali Hashim
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
@netflix pls make this into an animated show, thanks
Syira
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
This book is pointless.
Least favourite from the series
Megan
Jun 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, owned, 5-star, 4-star
Original review: 5 stars
7/2020 reread: 3.5 stars

How to rate such a favorite from my adolescence? I mean, I got this bitch signed. As stated in my review of Shadowland, I read Haunted first. I knew nothing about the beginning of Suze and Jesse's relationship. I never knew a time before Paul Slater. I didn't even know about Sleepy, Dopey, and Doc because this was the book Cabot (kind of inexplicably and abruptly) stopped using those nicknames to refer to Suze's stepbrothers.

Yet it was arresting
Brittany
Jan 10, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amy
Apr 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourite
In Grave Doubt the fifth book of the Mediator series Suzie is drawn to Paul, a fellow mediator who is a new student at her school. In the previous book Paul spent his time trying to win Suzie over but he has made it clear he has no interest in helping the recently deceased despite her protests. Suzie is weary of him but she can't help admire his good looks. Not only that but Paul has information Suzie needs and with his knowledge she might find out she isn't just your average mediator. Throw in ...more
Steph Su
Feb 08, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, comfort-read
I swear, this series just get better and better. In this installment of Suze’s life in Carmel, California, the delectably dangerous Paul Slater reenters her life just when she thinks she will never see him again. Paul is the Devil in a hot bod—or so Suze believes as she recalls the past summer when Paul tried to kill her and make her ghostly sweetheart, Jesse, disappear forever.

Paul claims to know what, exactly, they are, why they communicate with ghosts and what else they can do. But Suze doesn
Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd)
This and other reviews can be found on The Psychotic Nerd

MY THOUGHTS
The last book ended with a kiss between Suze and Jesse (YES!), but now Suze doesn't know where they stand. Are they dating? How can they even date? And after that kiss, Jesses has been keeping himself distant, so much so that Suze is questioning is he sees the kiss as a mistake. To make matters worse, Paul enrolled in Suze's school and he's intent on dating Suze and wants to teach her what it truly means to be a meditator. T
Aylee
Jan 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
You can also read this review on my blog.

This review applies to the entire Mediator Series.

The Mediator Series was my first series read of the year and let me tell you, it was a fantastically FUN way to start off my reading year. The series follows Suze Simon who has the ability to see, to talk to, and to beat up - whatever the occasion warrants - ghosts in order to send them on their way to the afterworld. The series was completed after six books in 2005, with an added novella and seventh novel
Mika
Jan 01, 2015 rated it it was ok
2.5, but barely

Now that I've had time to settle my thoughts, I will still say I have mixed feelings about this book. It isn't as tightly plotted as the past books, but that might not be a bad thing. There were enjoyable parts to this book.

However, in the end, what really made it less enjoyable for me was that the book has the bad communication plot line to keep a romantic pairing apart. I despise plot lines that can easily be resolved with honest, open communication because so often, they are do
setting 1 2 Sep 06, 2017 07:24AM
haunted 13 67 Jul 30, 2014 08:34PM
Meg Cabot Fan Club: Haunted (Mediator #5) 2 15 Aug 12, 2012 06:58AM

• Sanctuary (1-800-Where-R-You, #4)
  • Code Name Cassandra (1-800-Where-R-You, #2)
  • Safe House (1-800-Where-R-You, #3)
  • When Lightning Strikes (1-800-Where-R-You, #1)
  • The Princess & The Pauper
  • Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3)
  • The Sacrifice (Daughters of the Moon, #5)
  • Where Roses Grow Wild (Rawlings, #1)
  • Karma Girl (Bigtime, #1)
  • Ghosted in L.A., Vol. 1
  • Disenchanted (Disenchanted, #1)
  • Fang And Claw (Nocturne Academy, #2)
  • Bound to the Dark Prince: The Fae Wars Book 1
  • Witch Myth: A Yew Hollow Christmas- The Beginning
  • Feeling the Vibes (Angels Unlimited, #11)
  • The Heavenly Collection (Angels Unlimited, #1-3)
  • Going for Gold (Angels Unlimited, #10)
  • Living The Dream (Angels Unlimited, #12)

The Mediator (7 books)
  • Shadowland (The Mediator, #1)
  • Ninth Key (The Mediator, #2)
  • Reunion (The Mediator, #3)
  • Darkest Hour (The Mediator, #4)
  • Twilight (The Mediator, #6)
  • Remembrance (The Mediator, #7)