Start by marking “Launch: An Internet Millionaire's Secret Formula to Sell Almost Anything Online, Build a Business You Love, and Live the Life of Your Dreams” as Want to Read:

Launch will build your business—fast. Whether you’ve already got a business or you’re itching to start one, this is a recipe for getting more traction.

Think about it—what if you could launch like Apple or the big Hollywood studios? What if your prospects eagerly counted down the days until they could buy your product? What if you could create such powerful positioning in y
Published June 24th 2014 by Morgan James Publishing (first published June 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Launch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Launch

C. Hsiung
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Hype or Real?
If you’re hoping to become an instant millionaire, you’re in for a rude awakening. You’re not going to become rich just by reading this book.

The Proof is in the Pudding
Okay, the book title tantalized and teased...so I bought Launch a few days before its release. Jeff Walker had already turned on his Internet marketing machinery long before the book was on the shelf. It started to drive sales using the methods he teaches. The fact that it climbed to the #1 spot in The NY Times Bestse
Matti
Sep 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
The book contains good instructions to online marketing in a mix of stories, theory and concrete examples.

My key takeaways:

- E-mail list is your biggest asset. Focus on list-building!
- Get a rid of "hope marketing" or just hoping that your product sells.
- Your market is conversation. Open a dialogue with your potential customers and learn from them.
- Product launch is about creating value to your customers. Always exceed your customers' expectations.
- Product launch is actually sequence of messa
Barnabas Piper
Mar 04, 2015 rated it did not like it
This book was so bad as a book. Buried within it were some very practical online product launch tips, but most of it was a puff piece about how much money he mad and then selling subsidiary products and services. The good parts would have made up about 15-20 pages (a booklet worth buying!). The problem is that the whole thing was 10 times that long. It read like a get rich quick scheme with some practical wisdom lost in the garbage.
Janine Southard
Sep 01, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: nonfiction
I'm torn on how I want to rate this book, so I'm holding off on the rating for now.

On the one hand, the book comes off as super-smarmy. And also like he's using it as a book-long pitch to go sign up for his (multi-thousand dollar?) Product Launch Formula course.

On the other hand, he really does have examples as checklists for how to have a launch in there.

Back to the first hand, I'd probably have stopped reading this and called it "trashy used-car-salesman stuff" if I hadn't heard the author int
Karol Gajda
Nov 29, 2014 rated it did not like it
The subtitle of this book should be: "I built a business teaching people how to build businesses while I was learning to build a business teaching people stock trading, which I knew nothing about."

Run-on sentence for absurdity.

Now, I know the stuff Mr Walker talks about works. He has created a solid formula if you're launching products online. But this book is more sales letter than content. It's a lot of fluff. A lot of "this is what I'm going to teach you" and not enough actual teaching. It bo
Ahmad hosseini
May 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: management
This is a book about launching products, marketing, and growing businesses. Author introduces Product Launch Formula(PLF). PLF is a system to get your market to engaged with your product or business. In this approach, instead of relying on a single communication to make your point, you use a sequence of communications that build upon each other. PLF use a series of sequences – pre-prelaunch, the prelaunch, the launch, and the post-launch.
This book is good for running and marketing small busines
Calvin
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was ok
I feel like this book could have been about 20% of it's current length. The Product Launch Formula is fairly straight forward. It's a combination of email list building, good old fashioned direct-mail style copy writing, and a little bit about the psychology of how people surf the web.
I'm not at all an expert at internet marketing, that's why I wanted to read the book. But I'll say that the nuts and bolts, as presented, rang true. There weren't any brilliant insights, but I didn't feel like cal
J.F. Penn
Sep 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Lots of info for the newbie & the experienced internet entrepreneur. I came away with lots of notes and ideas - just ignore the over salesy bits and dig through to the gold.
C.A.
Aug 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
While not exactly what I needed, this book did provide me with some great ideas and examples. I think if you have a service to market, however, you could do worse. His suggestions seem really simple and possible, but he at least admits to some failures and some duds. The tone is one of cheerleading, but he believes, so what else would he sound like. All in all, a good business book.
Graham Downs
Jul 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
This book was recommended to me by one of my "authorpreneur" friends, in the context of making a business as a writer.

It's not half-bad. All of the tactics in the book resonated with me, from building an e-mail list, to giving away lots of free value, through the pre-pre-launch, pre-launch and launch processes. I will definitely be trying some of these techniques for my next book launch.

My only concern is that the book comes across as quite "over-the-top", particularly in the case studies and an
Donnovan Simon
Jul 20, 2014 rated it liked it
Good work by Jeff. There is always value in hearing from someone who has done it. Many of the elements of Jeff's model make tons of sense and will provide desired results. I like the fact that he is realistic about the key elements to business success e.g. having a great product. You cannot but respect that he is not trying to lure you into thinking that everyone and every product will be a hit. With the increasing use of the internet to drive product success, it may be useful to add another lay ...more
Sasha
Aug 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
I am glad that I read this book. It reads mildly like an infomercial at times, especially at the beginning. But don't let that put you off. (That sort of thing is generally a big turnoff for me, but I found it tolerable, with some skipping.) What's contained inside is still extremely useful, and can be adapted to a number of different purposes, with some imagination. If you're launching a product or business (or both), this book may give you many useful ideas, even if you don't follow what he la ...more
Barbara (The Bibliophage)
I know quite a few people who have successfully implemented Jeff Walker's Product Launch Formula, so I was looking forward to understanding the secrets behind the process. I think the book lays the PLF process out clearly enough that you could put it into place with just this knowledge. However, you will need some understanding of technology and general marketing principles. There's also a lot of solid advice on entrepreneurship and creating a life you love. Good balance between specifics and ge ...more
Kitty Bucholtz
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! I've got a *bunch* of pages dogeared so I can come back and make my own list of things to do before my next launch. Jeff's writing style is like his speaking style in his videos - very engaging, transparent, honest, and helpful. I would recommend this to any writer looking to make their next book launch better (like me) and to anyone else who owns their own business and wants to share the news of their new products and services. Really helpful information!
Laura Reading
Nov 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
I found it to be an interesting and fairly easy read.
I enjoyed the case studies and even if there were things I already knew, it was a good reminder to put them into practice.
Although I have not made my million yet, or even my hundred thousand. Good ways to begin again.
Jeff Stanger
Aug 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
I spent most of the book thinking I was going to be pitched his online courses the very next chapter. When I wasn't, I was pleasantly surprised and a little disappointed in myself for being so cynical. Lots of great resources and links to additional bonuses as well.
Lui
Sep 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Lui by: Jeff Walker
Jeff Walker is an inspirational and humble person. He has written an easy to read and easy to understand manual on the PLF (Product Launch Formula). The inspirational success stories bring this book to life. Enjoyed it and will put his teachings to good use.
Jeremy Rinkel
Aug 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Interesting read. Step-by-step formula on how to launch a product, book or website. Now I just have to sit down and plan.
Mighty Rasing
Aug 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, business
I'm a new author about to launch two books. Launch by Jeff Walker gave me so many ideas on how to launch my book! \m/
Maria McMahon
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant!
Jade Handy
Aug 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: marketing
In my second reading and building my first campaign now.
Nick Arkesteyn
Aug 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another great piece to the puzzle
Jim
Aug 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Read through in 1 day. Interesting read with a lot of successful examples. Good work Jeff !
Connie Cockrell
Jul 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
A good description of a process to sell your products on-line in a non-sleazy way. The chapters are straight forward and simple to understand. I'm willing to give this process a chance.
Gustavo
Aug 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Un excelente libro. Me engancho y me pareció muy practico a la hora de lanzar cualquier proyecto por internet.
Bonnie  Zink
Jul 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great read, but I wish it went a bit deeper into the process and was a little less heavy on the " you can do it" stuff.
Elizabeth Armstrong,
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Jeff was able to inspire with me with examples of working with his clients. As I read the book I found myself designing my own project. The writing style is direct and simple, no complex jargon.
Gints
Aug 09, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book presents the fundamental principles of product marketing on the Internet, specifically, product launch process. It does its job very well, I have seen this formula work in real life, and I can confirm that it works. You will need to do some serious additional self-study after this book, but it will give you the broad picture.

Then why I give only three stars? There is a number of very valid reasons.

First, the Product Launch Formula (PLF), the email outreach strategies, the design of men
Elodie
Aug 28, 2017 rated it liked it
The book was good but it didn't meet my expectations, not for the price I paid anyway... First, the entire book had too much story-telling. Don't get me wrong, case studies are important and motivate you, but I don't want to read every case study in detail in every chapter. Also, I'm not interested to hear all the time how many people became millionaires. It's great that the formula brought so much success to people, but the reason I buy this book is not to read about them but for someone to tel ...more
Frank Franciamore
I’m giving this book 5-stars and here’s why.

The book has a ton of value in that it provides a detailed process and explanation on how to do business online. While reading this book, I’ve been paying closer attention as to how online businesses sell their products - either through a chain of emails, Facebook ads, YouTube ads, etc., and they follow a similar structure. Now I’m not saying that all these online businesses read this book and are now following its principles - no. I’m saying that ther

• Ask: The Counterintuitive Online Formula to Discover Exactly What Your Customers Want to Buy...Create a Mass of Raving Fans...and Take Any Business to the Next Level
  • Tilt: Shifting Your Strategy from Products to Customers
  • DotCom Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Growing Your Company Online
  • Email Persuasion: Captivate and Engage Your Audience, Build Authority and Generate More Sales With Email Marketing
  • Invisible Selling Machine
  • The Best Damn Sales Book Ever: 16 Rock-Solid Rules for Achieving Sales Success!
  • Virtual Freedom: How to Work with Virtual Staff to Buy More Time, Become More Productive, and Build Your Dream Business
  • Slicing Pie - Funding Your Business Without Funds
  • The Conversion Code: Capture Internet Leads, Create Quality Appointments, Close More Sales
  • Ctrl Alt Delete: Reboot Your Business. Reboot Your Life. Your Future Depends on It.
  • Ultimate Guide to Google AdWords: How to Access 100 Million People in 10 Minutes
  • Hypnotic Writing: How to Seduce and Persuade Customers with Only Your Words
  • Risky Is the New Safe: The Rules Have Changed . . .
  • Make your Idea Matter
  • The Invisible Touch: The Four Keys to Modern Marketing
  • The Early To Rise Experience: Learn To Rise Early in 30 Days
  • Velocity: The Seven New Laws for a World Gone Digital
  • The Virtual Assistant Solution: Come up for Air, Offload the Work You Hate, and Focus on What You Do Best
“At its heart, Product Launch Formula is made up of sequences, stories, and triggers.” 0 likes
“Our product launches use a series of sequences—pre-prelaunch, the prelaunch, the launch, and the post-launch.” 0 likes