Start by marking “Launch: An Internet Millionaire's Secret Formula to Sell Almost Anything Online, Build a Business You Love, and Live the Life of Your Dreams” as Want to Read:

Launch will build your business—fast. Whether you’ve already got a business or you’re itching to start one, this is a recipe for getting more traction.

Think about it—what if you could launch like Apple or the big Hollywood studios? What if your prospects eagerly counted down the days until they could buy your product? What if you could create such powerful positioning in y
Published June 24th 2014 by Morgan James Publishing (first published June 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Launch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Launch

Start your review of Launch: An Internet Millionaire's Secret Formula to Sell Almost Anything Online, Build a Business You Love, and Live the Life of Your Dreams
C. Hsiung
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Hype or Real?
If you’re hoping to become an instant millionaire, you’re in for a rude awakening. You’re not going to become rich just by reading this book.

The Proof is in the Pudding
Okay, the book title tantalized and teased...so I bought Launch a few days before its release. Jeff Walker had already turned on his Internet marketing machinery long before the book was on the shelf. It started to drive sales using the methods he teaches. The fact that it climbed to the #1 spot in The NY Times Bestse
Matti
Sep 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
The book contains good instructions to online marketing in a mix of stories, theory and concrete examples.

My key takeaways:

- E-mail list is your biggest asset. Focus on list-building!
- Get a rid of "hope marketing" or just hoping that your product sells.
- Your market is conversation. Open a dialogue with your potential customers and learn from them.
- Product launch is about creating value to your customers. Always exceed your customers' expectations.
- Product launch is actually sequence of messa
Barnabas Piper
Mar 04, 2015 rated it did not like it
This book was so bad as a book. Buried within it were some very practical online product launch tips, but most of it was a puff piece about how much money he mad and then selling subsidiary products and services. The good parts would have made up about 15-20 pages (a booklet worth buying!). The problem is that the whole thing was 10 times that long. It read like a get rich quick scheme with some practical wisdom lost in the garbage.
Isaac Samuel Miller
Jun 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great book on selling and launching your brand.

I learned a lot from this tome. I would recommend this book to all entrepreneurs. My main takeaways are the mental triggers that the author brilliantly discloses. Great read!
Janine Southard
Sep 01, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: nonfiction
I'm torn on how I want to rate this book, so I'm holding off on the rating for now.

On the one hand, the book comes off as super-smarmy. And also like he's using it as a book-long pitch to go sign up for his (multi-thousand dollar?) Product Launch Formula course.

On the other hand, he really does have examples as checklists for how to have a launch in there.

Back to the first hand, I'd probably have stopped reading this and called it "trashy used-car-salesman stuff" if I hadn't heard the author int
Karol Gajda
Nov 29, 2014 rated it did not like it
The subtitle of this book should be: "I built a business teaching people how to build businesses while I was learning to build a business teaching people stock trading, which I knew nothing about."

Run-on sentence for absurdity.

Now, I know the stuff Mr Walker talks about works. He has created a solid formula if you're launching products online. But this book is more sales letter than content. It's a lot of fluff. A lot of "this is what I'm going to teach you" and not enough actual teaching. It bo
Calvin
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was ok
I feel like this book could have been about 20% of its current length. The Product Launch Formula is fairly straight forward. It's a combination of email list building, good old fashioned direct-mail style copy writing, and a little bit about the psychology of how people surf the web.
I'm not at all an expert at internet marketing, that's why I wanted to read the book. But I'll say that the nuts and bolts, as presented, rang true. There weren't any brilliant insights, but I didn't feel like call
Ahmad hosseini
May 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: management
This is a book about launching products, marketing, and growing businesses. Author introduces Product Launch Formula(PLF). PLF is a system to get your market to engaged with your product or business. In this approach, instead of relying on a single communication to make your point, you use a sequence of communications that build upon each other. PLF use a series of sequences – pre-prelaunch, the prelaunch, the launch, and the post-launch.
This book is good for running and marketing small busines
J.F. Penn
Sep 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Lots of info for the newbie & the experienced internet entrepreneur. I came away with lots of notes and ideas - just ignore the over salesy bits and dig through to the gold. ...more
Morgan
Aug 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
A must-read for beginners. PLF is legit. This book could've been about half the length, though. Good exercise in speed reading. Aside from that, my highlighter got a decent amount of use, along with some notes.
C.A.
Aug 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
While not exactly what I needed, this book did provide me with some great ideas and examples. I think if you have a service to market, however, you could do worse. His suggestions seem really simple and possible, but he at least admits to some failures and some duds. The tone is one of cheerleading, but he believes, so what else would he sound like. All in all, a good business book.
Ryan Rodriquez
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It takes an incredible amount of energy to thrust a space shuttle into the atmosphere. There is a lot of work to be done to get out of the Earth's atmosphere. However, once it has pushed through, it takes little effort to move about the galaxy. Not only that, there are infinite possibilities as to where you can go!

When it comes to digitally marketing your business, Jeff Walker has refined a process he's labeled the Product Launch Formula. In his book "Launch", Jeff talks about the path he took t
Bryn Marie
Jan 03, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: half-read
This read too much like an infomercial for me to finish. And really, it doesn't apply to what I'm wanting to do. I read up to like page 40, then skimmed through sections I felt might have something different. Ultimately, the whole thing reads like a "get rich quick" scheme, even though right from the beginning it literally says that that's not what it is. lol. Just get yourself a real marketing book.
Elodie
Aug 28, 2017 rated it liked it
The book was good but it didn't meet my expectations, not for the price I paid anyway... First, the entire book had too much story-telling. Don't get me wrong, case studies are important and motivate you, but I don't want to read every case study in detail in every chapter. Also, I'm not interested to hear all the time how many people became millionaires. It's great that the formula brought so much success to people, but the reason I buy this book is not to read about them but for someone to tel ...more
Graham Downs
Jul 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
This book was recommended to me by one of my "authorpreneur" friends, in the context of making a business as a writer.

It's not half-bad. All of the tactics in the book resonated with me, from building an e-mail list, to giving away lots of free value, through the pre-pre-launch, pre-launch and launch processes. I will definitely be trying some of these techniques for my next book launch.

My only concern is that the book comes across as quite "over-the-top", particularly in the case studies and an
DeBora Rachelle
Aug 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Purchased this book in paperback, then went back and bought it in audio to reread it to make sure I didn’t miss any points. This strategy should be tried by everyone wishing to launch a product.
Donnovan Simon
Jul 20, 2014 rated it liked it
Good work by Jeff. There is always value in hearing from someone who has done it. Many of the elements of Jeff's model make tons of sense and will provide desired results. I like the fact that he is realistic about the key elements to business success e.g. having a great product. You cannot but respect that he is not trying to lure you into thinking that everyone and every product will be a hit. With the increasing use of the internet to drive product success, it may be useful to add another lay ...more
Stephanie
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
This is why I don’t read business books.

I had to read this one for work, and the experience was like reliving the time I was a writing tutor in college, helping business and seminary students (re)write their papers. Nearly every paper had so much fluff and repetition that I began to pity college professors, or whoever else ended up grading those papers.

I’m halfway embarrassed to even include it among the books I’ve read, although I can see how this book/author could be perfect for a different a
Sasha
Aug 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
I am glad that I read this book. It reads mildly like an infomercial at times, especially at the beginning. But don't let that put you off. (That sort of thing is generally a big turnoff for me, but I found it tolerable, with some skipping.) What's contained inside is still extremely useful, and can be adapted to a number of different purposes, with some imagination. If you're launching a product or business (or both), this book may give you many useful ideas, even if you don't follow what he la ...more
Barbara (The Bibliophage)
I know quite a few people who have successfully implemented Jeff Walker's Product Launch Formula, so I was looking forward to understanding the secrets behind the process. I think the book lays the PLF process out clearly enough that you could put it into place with just this knowledge. However, you will need some understanding of technology and general marketing principles. There's also a lot of solid advice on entrepreneurship and creating a life you love. Good balance between specifics and ge ...more
Kitty Bucholtz
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! I've got a *bunch* of pages dogeared so I can come back and make my own list of things to do before my next launch. Jeff's writing style is like his speaking style in his videos - very engaging, transparent, honest, and helpful. I would recommend this to any writer looking to make their next book launch better (like me) and to anyone else who owns their own business and wants to share the news of their new products and services. Really helpful information!
Jeff Stanger
Aug 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
I spent most of the book thinking I was going to be pitched his online courses the very next chapter. When I wasn't, I was pleasantly surprised and a little disappointed in myself for being so cynical. Lots of great resources and links to additional bonuses as well.
Lui
Sep 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Lui by: Jeff Walker
Jeff Walker is an inspirational and humble person. He has written an easy to read and easy to understand manual on the PLF (Product Launch Formula). The inspirational success stories bring this book to life. Enjoyed it and will put his teachings to good use.
Nov 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
I found it to be an interesting and fairly easy read.
I enjoyed the case studies and even if there were things I already knew, it was a good reminder to put them into practice.
Although I have not made my million yet, or even my hundred thousand. Good ways to begin again.
Bonnie  Zink
Jul 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great read, but I wish it went a bit deeper into the process and was a little less heavy on the " you can do it" stuff.
Connie Cockrell
Jul 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
A good description of a process to sell your products on-line in a non-sleazy way. The chapters are straight forward and simple to understand. I'm willing to give this process a chance.
Jade Handy
Aug 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: marketing
In my second reading and building my first campaign now.
Jeremy Rinkel
Aug 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Interesting read. Step-by-step formula on how to launch a product, book or website. Now I just have to sit down and plan.
Mighty Rasing
Aug 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, business
I'm a new author about to launch two books. Launch by Jeff Walker gave me so many ideas on how to launch my book! \m/
Nick Arkesteyn
Aug 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another great piece to the puzzle
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• DotCom Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Growing Your Company Online
  • Expert Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Finding Your Message, Building a Tribe, and Changing the World
  • How to Write Copy That Sells: The Step-By-Step System for More Sales, to More Customers, More Often
  • Ask: The Counterintuitive Online Formula to Discover Exactly What Your Customers Want to Buy...Create a Mass of Raving Fans...and Take Any Business to the Next Level
  • Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen
  • Superfans: The Easy Way to Stand Out, Grow Your Tribe, And Build a Successful Business
  • Choose: The Single Most Important Decision Before Starting Your Business
  • Will It Fly?: How to Test Your Next Business Idea So You Don't Waste Your Time and Money
  • Traffic Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Filling Your Websites and Funnels with Your Dream Customers
  • Marketing Made Simple: A Step-by-Step StoryBrand Guide for Any Business
  • Invisible Selling Machine
  • 80/20 Sales and Marketing: The Definitive Guide to Working Less and Making More
  • The Boron Letters
  • Ca$hvertising: How to Use More Than 100 Secrets of Ad-Agency Psychology to Make BIG MONEY Selling Anything to Anyone
  • The 7 Day Startup: You Don't Learn Until You Launch
  • The 1-Page Marketing Plan: Get New Customers, Make More Money, And Stand out From The Crowd
  • The One Hour Content Plan: The Solopreneur’s Guide to a Year’s Worth of Blog Post Ideas in 60 Minutes and Creating Content That Hooks and Sells
  • One Million Followers: How I Built a Massive Social Following in 30 Days

News & Interviews

“At its heart, Product Launch Formula is made up of sequences, stories, and triggers.” 0 likes
“Our product launches use a series of sequences—pre-prelaunch, the prelaunch, the launch, and the post-launch.” 0 likes