Start by marking “Time to Say "Please"!” as Want to Read:
Time to Say "Please"!

Time to Say "Please"! (Time to...)

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  973 Ratings  ·  103 Reviews
As a companion book to the popular Time to Pee!, Mo Willems has created a book on manners in his own signature style. Groups of ebullient mice narrate this humorous text as young children try in vain to get what they want, learning along the way that it is helpful to say "Please," "Thank you," "Excuse me," and "I'm sorry." Oh, and you have to mean it, too.
Published June 8th 2005 by Disney-Hyperion (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Time to Say "Please"!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Time to Say "Please"!

Ronyell
Jun 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of Mo Willems' works!
Time

Now, I am a huge fan of practically everything that Mo Willems has written since his books are so full of witty humor and creative ideas! So, imagine my surprise when I found out that Mo Willems has written a children’s book that teaches children manners which is called “Time to Say “Please”!

Basically, this book starts off with a young girl trying to get a cookie, but some cute little mice start holding up signs that tell the little girl about how saying “please” to an adult can really help yo
Kathryn
Jul 20, 2009 rated it it was ok
Oh, darn. I really like Mo Willems' stuff and he seems like an incredibly thoughtful and sensitive author-artist for children but this book just falls flat in my estimation. It's boring--didactic without all the charm and pizazz of his other works. It's just a series of children wanting something, and being told that saying "Please" will not only be polite but more likely to earn them success in their plea. Sure, there are a few cute Willems elements, like a rubber duck that looks a bit like Pig ...more
Jessica Violett
Mar 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Mo Willems' "Time to Say Please" is a fun, carefree way to go about instilling manners in kids. The pictures are so creative and the colors are bright and up-lifting. Willems really connects to the kids by starting off the book with a girl reaching for a cookie. What kid doesn't try to steal cookies from the cookie jar when they are little? He uses a variety of shapes for text boxes throughout the entire book, which provides the reader with something fresh and new every time they turn the page. ...more
midnightfaerie
Sep 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
Not one of my favorite Willems, although he's one of my favorite author's of children's books. Written like an overdone cartoon, the mice are meant to add some fun distraction but there are too many to not find at least mildly disturbing. A great concept, learning when and how to say please, but no real reading value or other educational value besides that. Still, my preschoolers found it interesting.
Dolly
Feb 28, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: childrens, 2009
This is a cute story by Mo Willems. His cartoon characters are lovable and are easy for our girls to relate to. This story encourages the use of manners, a little bit too obviously, but it's still a fun book.
Mar 17, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
Initial thoughts after reading (found in a notebook): Pretty cool, me and Mo think a lot alike.
Kathy
May 24, 2009 rated it liked it
A book about manners: saying please, sorry, excuse, & thank you.
Suzanne Kunz Williams
You can never have too many cute books that teach the importance of good manners

**Talking points - Who are your favorite people to be around? Do these people use good manners? Do you think always using good manners would get you far in life and make you many friends?
Crissy
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
cute book to show the importance of saying please but not being annoying about it
Sue
Aug 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Great for kindergarten students.
  • Mind Your Manners, B.B. Wolf
  • Leaf Man
  • Green Wilma
  • One Boy
  • Ring! Yo?
  • Is There Really a Human Race?
  • I, Crocodile
  • The EARTH Book
  • Dinosaur vs. the Library
  • Shout! Shout It Out!
  • Pamela Camel
#1 New York Times Bestselling author and illustrator Mo Willems is best known for his Caldecott Honor winning picture books Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus and Knuffle Bunny: a cautionary tale.

In addition to such picture books as Leonardo the Terrible Monster, Edwina the Dinosaur Who Didn’t Know She Was Extinct, and Time to Pee, Mo has created the Elephant and Piggie books, a series of early r
More about Mo Willems...