Start by marking “Rapture in Death (In Death, #4)” as Want to Read:
Rapture in Death (In Death, #4)

Rapture in Death

(In Death #4)

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  35,874 ratings  ·  1,305 reviews
They died with smiles on their faces. Three apparent suicides: a brilliant engineer, an infamous lawyer, and a controversial politician. Three strangers with nothing in common - and no obvious reasons for killing themselves. Lieutenant Eve Dallas found the deaths suspicious. And her instincts paid off when autopsies revealed small burns on the brains of the victims.

Was it
MP3 CD, Unabridged, 9 pages
Published September 2006 by Brilliance Audio (first published October 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Rapture in Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rapture in Death

·  35,874 ratings  ·  1,305 reviews

Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️
4 Eve n' Roarke Stars

I just fucking love these two.

That's all there is to it.

description

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
Hulya Kara Yuksel
AMAZING!!! <3
Normally I'm not very much into Mystery/Crime books and when I first discovered this series I thought, HOLY SHIT there are more than 40 books in series! Am I ready for this or should I say Am I crazy to start to read them? How will I finish them? UGH!!! But then I jumped right into the 1st book and BOOM! After I finish that book I thought WOW What a fucking amazing story is this!!! I absolutely loved the 1st book. Eve and Roarke really, really turned my world upside down. Their c
Mo
Apr 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“I'm sorry. It's hard for me. I do love you," she said quietly. "Sometimes it scares me because you're the first. And the only"
He held her there until he was sure he could speak, then eased her back, looked into her eyes "You've changed my life. Become my life." He touched his lips to hers, let the kiss deepen slowly, silkily. "I need you”

I fucking love Roarke.

“She raised her eyes to his. They had both come from misery, she thought, and survived it. They had been drawn together through viole
Holly
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This is the fourth book in the series, and now I only have 44 more books to go! Good thing Eve is interesting and Roarke is kind of hot. Well, except in this book he does unwillingly do one absolutely terrible thing (major spoiler!)(view spoiler)
♥Sharon♥
Dec 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing

I'm bummed I don't have the time to do a proper review but just know that the love continues. This one was a good as the last.

I love Roarke. ❤

I love Eve. ❤

Another fantastic addition to this series!!

Aisling Zena
5 stars

Another flawless read by J.D.Robb aka Nora Roberts. The writing is superb, the world is perfection (though I tend to think of it as an alternate reality instead of in the future) and the characters are amazing. Literally kicking myself for not picking this series up sooner.

description

P.S. If Eve and Roarke aren't still together by book 42 I'm so pitching a hissy fit to end all fits!

Carol
5 stars.
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
ROARKE AND EVE, YOU ARE STARTING TO BECOME MY KRYPTONITE. LOVE THIS COUPLE.
🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡
CAN YOU REALLY HAVE TOO MUCH OF A GOOD THING. I DON'T THINK SO.
💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛
THERE ARE MORE THAN 40 BOOKS IN THIS SERIES AND I PLAN ON READING EVERY ONE.
💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚
POSSIBLY MY FAVORITE BOOK SO FAR OF THE FIVE THAT I HAVE READ FOR BOTH THE MYSTERY AND THE ROMANCE.
J D ROBB IS A GENIUS.
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
Alex ♈
Suspense 5 stars / Romance 3 stars

I probably sound like a broken record, but the sharp brilliant mind of Eve (= author) impresses and excites me.

I’m in love with Eve’s mind.
Nora Roberts’s true fan forever!

Mystery and crime in this instalment was captivating: behavioural pattern, stimulating of human brain – incredible deep and clever written. I’m addicted.
I made a joke in my 1st review how many books this series has, now I mourn (in advance) that there could never be enough.

The romance.
As a m
Duchess Nicole
I loved it, I loved it, I loved it!!!

I was afraid that the romance of the series would slow down now that Eve and Roarke are permanent, but that was sooooooo not the case!!!! If anything, there was an extra dynamic between them that was almost missing before. I suppose it mirrors real life in a way. Marriage is only the beginning of a crazy ass ride. There are higher highs and lower lows than you even knew existed.

“I'm sorry. It's Hard for me. I do love you," she said quietly. "Sometimes it sc
Jilly
Jul 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, mystery
Another set of murders in future-world (not Australia). This time it is in the form of people committing suicide after using a virtual reality program. Eve is on the case, so that means she will totally harass and chase down the wrong person for a while and then somehow get lucky and find the right one - usually after they try to kill her and confess their evil plans first. Still, I like these books. I've only guessed the killers early in two of the four books I've read so far. That's pretty imp ...more
Cyndi
Sep 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
As usual, these books are so exciting! Makes me want to stay away from video games. Lol. The character development is wonderful. We see more of my favorite house in 'book world'. The ball room has a retractable roof. The 'lagoon pool' has jets like a hot tub. Cool!!

Reread time...again-April 2018

Is there any better team than Eve Dallas and Delia Peabody?
Gary Sundell
Dec 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good series entry, but again I had the killer pegged partway into book. However, part of the fun of these books is the byplay between the characters. I'm sure I'll get to books 5 and further in 2017.
Lana *Lifeinwordsandlyricscom*
!4,5 stars!

This is just getting better and better. With each book we delve deeper and deeper into miasma of human nature. And also deeper into Eve's character. I love how she opens up more now. It's night and day compared to the first book, where she was cold and stoic and closed up like a turtle in her shell. Now she's more of a human being and it's all thanks to Roarke. God bless him!

The case of the week is a string of what looks like suicides. The first on rudely interrupting Eve and Roarke o
Phrynne
Apr 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So many years since I read this and I had totally forgotten how brilliant it is! It all came back to me as I was reading that this was the book where I originally fell in love with the series. All the comedy between Peabody and Eve - J.D. Robb is SO good at writing dialogue. And all the love between Roarke and Eve - she is also SO good at writing romance:) The last few pages where Eve has that awful panic - tissues please! Oh and Feeney and Galahad and Mira and Mavis and everyone else.
So very, v
Brenda
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lieutenant Eve Dallas was off-planet with her new husband Roarke for the last few days of their honeymoon when Eve was called to a suicide as the only cop on the scene. But it was when they arrived back in New York and Eve was well and truly back in the job that first one, then another suicide hit the alarm bells for Eve. There was nothing to indicate these were anything other than self-termination, but Eve’s cop instincts were jangling…

Was it just paranoia on Eve’s part? Or was there something
☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎
Love Eve and Roarke but hate that the honeymoon had to be interrupted but the hot lawn scene was a great make-up for the interruption. :) Hated the bad memories that are haunting Eve. I hope she can get herself help and get through this but I know Roarke won't let her go through this alone. He's great for her and for me too. LOL

Re-Read April 17,2019 - 5 Roarke and Eve ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
love this series. Roarke and Eve are great together. The when he worries about her. How Eve feels so awkward towards him bu
Ira
Dec 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: suspense
Even on honeymoon time Eve couldn't stay away from the crime scene!
It's a geeky story this time and the villain reaction when get caught? Rather shocking to be honest.

Hm, yup! I slowly reread this series again:)
Belles
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: z2018, 2019
THIS time I actually had the murderer pegged early on (yeah me)! Even so, I enjoyed exploring with Eve the influence of nature and nurture, the boundaries of individuality, and the expression of freedom of choice.
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
View on Under the Covers

Starting off with a sexy pic of Roarke again...because I can.
DGandy_V_28Apr11_DH_b

RAPTURE IN DEATH is by far my favourite of the entire series and that’s quite a statement since I loved all the books leading up to this one. There was just something about this book that lured me in from the get-go. In this one, Eve Dallas is happy for a change. This is not to say that she was morbid and depressing in the previous books, but there’s this spark within her that I noticed right away. She’s a w
Julie
Aug 20, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-shelf
I liked this one alright. It brought up some interesting concepts. However, it wasn't as appealing as the previous installments. I really didn't care for some of the mind games played on Eve and Roarke. Specifically at Mavis's party. I could have done without that scene. I did like Peabody's expanded role and the banter between her and Eve. Some light humor works well.
The basic synopsis is that three people commit suicide, but Eve thinks they were murdered. She is having a great deal of trouble
Anuradha
Honestly, I may not love them, but these books are so fucking addictive. This was vastly better than the others, though. I think. I might even review it.

Oh, and I know I've been reading smut lately; I'll catch up on the good stuff tomorrow. Because, exams.
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
Feb 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Still great but lucked some of the spark of the first 3!

Review to come... maybe!
Mou
3.5 stars rounded up to 4 stars.

Another NICE installment of ‘J.D Robb's In death’ series.

I Love all the characters from the series, no doubt about it. But some of the things just don’t feel right.

*Is it necessary that all the girls Roarke was involved somehow they also had to involve with these crimes too.
*Every time talking about Roarke’s previous sexual partner was also mood ruining.
*And I didn’t like the scene Eve with the VR also. It was disappointing.
*The scene at Mavis party ... I know
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
Another good one but once again I was able to guess who the killer was earlier on than I expected. I love a good mystery, I don't like to know the killer until atleast close to the end. I hope the next one is more suspenseful.
Christa
The one where Eve can’t go on a honeymoon without finding a murder case. People are killing themselves, but are happy about it.

While I’m liking this series for Eve and Roake, Peabody is becoming a favorite.

“Don’t ask,” Eve muttered and started to hoof it down the drive.
“I wasn’t going to.” Peabody’s voice was smooth as silk. “Speculation’s more interesting.”
“Shut up, Peabody.”
“Shutting up, Lieutenant.”
♥Rachel♥
2.5 Stars

Love all the scenes with Roarke and Eve and the deepening of their bond. Though, I do wish Eve would give just a little more affection and acknowledgement to Roarke. Peabody and Feeny are as always a great support team, and Peabody just cracks me up!

This is the second time in a row where I guessed the killer very early on and it's a little frustrating to go through the whole book with Eve (view spoiler)
Zoey
Another great instalment of the In Death series with Eve & Rourke. Four down, Thirty something more to go :)
Somia
Jan 30, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 STARS

Roarke and Eve remain a fab duo, and the pace of the story continues to be good. Whilst I did guess who the villain of the piece was early on, this book was still a good read.

I was really disappointed that I didn’t get to see the wedding between Roarke and Eve, as this book starts when the two are on their honeymoon, but other than that this was a enjoyable read

Hoping to get my hands on a few more books in the series, this year.
MelissaB
Jul 22, 2008 rated it really liked it
Good book in the In Death series. I always enjoy seeing more of Roarke and I love when he calls his wife "My Darling Eve". I was a little shocked at what Roarke did in one of the scenes but it wasn't his fault. Very good book!
recommendations. 25 83 Jul 12, 2018 12:59PM
Around the Year i...: Rapture in Death (In Death #4), by J.D. Robb 1 11 Mar 21, 2017 11:14AM
J.D. Robb : Rapture In Death (Spoiler Zone) 32 179 Oct 20, 2016 08:17PM
J.D. Robb : Rapture In Death Buddy Read - April 2016 187 55 Jun 12, 2016 06:59PM
J.D. Robb : Buddy Read - Rapture In Death (Sept. 2013) SPOILER ZONE 407 100 Nov 06, 2014 03:04PM
  • A Touch of Minx (Samantha Jellicoe, #5)
  • Divine Evil
  • Bound By Moonlight (Moonlight, #4)
  • Zinnia (St. Helen's, #2)
  • Hard Evidence (I-Team, #2)
  • Dream Man
  • Into the Night (Troubleshooters, #5)
  • Hades
J.D. Robb is the author of the #1 New York Times bestselling In Death series and the pseudonym for #1 New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts. The futuristic suspense series stars Eve Dallas, a New York City police lieutenant with a dark past. Initially conceived as a trilogy, readers clamored for more of Eve and the mysterious Roarke. Leverage in Death, on sale September 2018, is the 47th ...more

In Death (1 - 10 of 50 books)
  • Naked in Death (In Death #1)
  • Glory in Death (In Death, #2)
  • Immortal in Death (In Death, #3)
  • Ceremony in Death (In Death, #5)
  • Vengeance in Death (In Death, #6)
  • Holiday in Death (In Death, #7)
  • Conspiracy in Death (In Death, #8)
  • Loyalty in Death (In Death, #9)
  • Witness in Death (In Death, #10)
  • Judgment in Death (In Death, #11)
“Eve: "She had big plans for me. Kind of a pet, I imagine. Like William. Her little trained dog. And with you dead, she figured I'd inherit all your goodies. You're not going to do that to me are you?"
Roarke: "What, die?"
Eve: "Leave me all this stuff."
Roarke: "Only you would be annoyed by that.”
90 likes
“I'm still picking pockets--I just do it as legally as I can. Being married to a cop limits certain activities.” 45 likes