Duchess Nicole's Reviews > Rapture in Death

Rapture in Death by J.D. Robb

2204947
I loved it, I loved it, I loved it!!!

I was afraid that the romance of the series would slow down now that Eve and Roarke are permanent, but that was sooooooo not the case!!!! If anything, there was an extra dynamic between them that was almost missing before. I suppose it mirrors real life in a way. Marriage is only the beginning of a crazy ass ride. There are higher highs and lower lows than you even knew existed.

“I'm sorry. It's Hard for me. I do love you," she said quietly. "Sometimes it scares me because you're the first. And the only"
He held her there until he was sure he could speak, then eased her back, looked into her eyes "You've chaged my life. Become my life." He touched his lips to hers, let the kiss deepen slowly, silkily. "I need you”

To be honest, the suspenseful part of the In Death books til now is such a background part of each story. I'm more fascinated with the individuals like Eve and Roarke, Mavis, Peabody, Feeney (sp?). Roberts writing simply shines when it comes to her characterization and the heart that she instills in her characters. Who would have thought that the wild, crazy, erratic Mavis would be the perfect best friend to the stolid, staid workaholic that is Eve?

Simply put, the magic is not only within the continuing pages of a series that has dozens of books yet to come, but it's getting better and better. And I'm trusting in Roberts that it will continue to do so. This book rocked!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rapture in Death.

July 18, 2011 – Shelved
July 18, 2011 – Shelved as: e-pcs
April 25, 2013 – Started Reading
April 25, 2013 –
10.0% "Back for more Roarke...the Irish Hottie!!!\n "
April 28, 2013 –
55.0% "Oh, Roarke...you steal my heart with how insightful and thoughtful you continue to be...the ultimate man, I think...and so worried about your woman!\n "
April 30, 2013 – Shelved as: genre-romantic-suspense
April 30, 2013 – Shelved as: read-in-2013
April 30, 2013 – Shelved as: dead-tree-books
April 30, 2013 – Shelved as: genre-contemp-romance
April 30, 2013 – Shelved as: genre-sci-fi
April 30, 2013 – Shelved as: z-audiobooks
April 30, 2013 – Shelved as: z-audio-overdrive-available
April 30, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)

message 1: by Aoi (new)

Aoi enjoy! you reminded me of the time when I devoured the series myself..

message 2: by Duchess Nicole (last edited Apr 29, 2013 05:24AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Duchess Nicole Thanks Aoi!! It's definitely worth devouring, that's for sure. This lady can write!!!

message 3: by Aoi (new)

Aoi Duchess Nicole wrote: "Thanks Aoi!! It's definitely worth devouring, that's for sure. This lady can write!!!"

I just love how overally badass Eve is. And Roarke- it seems that man holds literally the entire world on the tips of his fingers

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ great review Nicole. glad to hear them being together hasnt slowed down the story.

Blacky *Romance Addict* Great review Nicole :)

Rosalinda *KRASNORADA* Lovely review Nicole x

Estelle (E) I stopped at that one so far. This series is my safetynet. I know i'll have them to read if I can't find anything that I like.
Love the side characters too and of course Roarke & Eve!

Duchess Nicole Estelle (E) wrote: "I stopped at that one so far. This series is my safetynet. I know i'll have them to read if I can't find anything that I like.
Love the side characters too and of course Roarke & Eve!"

I have those too, Estelle. Nora Roberts is definitely on my "guaranteed good read" shelf. I have a few older authors that I keep as backup like that, lol!

Duchess Nicole Thank you so much, Sharon, Rosalinda, Blacky, and Lisa!

message 10: by Susanne (new)

Susanne Awesome review, Nicole! Did you say you loved it? *Winks*

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Great review Nicole , glad that you liked it so much :)

message 12: by Jill (new)

Jill Niiiice! Your first read through this series, Nicole?

Duchess Nicole Karen wrote: "Great review Nicole , glad that you liked it so much :)"

Thanks Karen! I'm loving this series!

Duchess Nicole Jill wrote: "Niiiice! Your first read through this series, Nicole?"

It is, Jill...I love Roberts, but this series was daunting. I just started listening to the audiobooks a couple of months ago.

Duchess Nicole Susanne wrote: "Awesome review, Nicole! Did you say you loved it? *Winks*"

No! ;D What gave you that impression?! I always feel a little punch drunk after drowning in Roarke, lol!!

message 16: by Karla (new)

Karla Great review Nicole!! It will get better and better with each book...Eve is amazing and Roarke rocks! Peabody will evolve into somebody very special and you are going to love her. I'm will be starting book 20 soon and I have yet to be disappointed. I see you are listening to the books...Susan Eriksen is the sh*t! I'm excited for you, I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

Duchess Nicole Karla wrote: "Great review Nicole!! It will get better and better with each book...Eve is amazing and Roarke rocks! Peabody will evolve into somebody very special and you are going to love her. I'm will be start..."

Yay, I love hearing that, Karla! I'm so glad I decided to go with the audiobooks for this series...you're right...Eriksen is amazing.

message 18: by Mo (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mo Starting this now....

message 19: by Jen (new)

Jen Great review!

Duchess Nicole Mo wrote: "Starting this now...."

Oh, cool Mo! Are you listening to the audio? I'd be curious to see what you think of the accent. It's my fave part of the audiobooks. Roarke...swoon!

Duchess Nicole Jen wrote: "Great review!"

Thank you Jen! If you listen to audiobooks, this is one of my favorite series...the narrator is fabulous!

message 22: by Mo (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mo Great review, Nicole.

message 23: by Mo (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mo I started this 2 years ago and then stopped. Got back to it a day ago. Loved it.

message 24: by Mo (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mo Must check out the accent on audible... I read it, didn't listen to it.

message 25: by Duchess Nicole (last edited May 02, 2015 03:07PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Duchess Nicole Mo wrote: "Must check out the accent on audible... I read it, didn't listen to it."

Probably not much of an accent to you, lol...but I love it. I'd be interested to know how accurate it is. Also, yay for Mo, reading a Nora book :P