Start by marking “Unleashed (Uninvited, #2)” as Want to Read:
Unleashed (Uninvited, #2)

Unleashed

(Uninvited #2)

Unleashed, the romantic, high-stakes sequel to New York Times bestselling author Sophie Jordan's Uninvited, is perfect for fans of James Patterson's Confessions of a Murder Suspect.

Davy has spent the last few months trying to come to terms with the fact that she tested positive for the kill gene HTS (also known as Homicidal Tendency Syndrome). She swore she would not let i
Published February 24th 2015 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about Unleashed, please sign up.

Elena (Brown Eyed)
Mar 02, 2014 marked it as to-read
Am I the only one who noticed there is NO hint to Sean whatsoever in this books summary ?
Zoe
Jun 17, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dystopia

I'm going to say this straight out: I'm a bit disappointed with Unleashed. It felt almost unnecessary, and there were so many times when I found myself wondering why it was necessary for this to be a duology.

I absolutely loved Uninvited with its unique look on a dystopian society based on science. To someone who is intrigued by genetics, it was utterly plausible in the most eerie way possible. Yet, in Unleashed, I didn't feel that same fearful and plausible atmosphere. The sense of fear and un
Angela
Jul 07, 2014 marked it as to-read
1. the cover
2. oh lookie, rebels. again. fun stuff.
3. I spy with my little eye a love triangle
4. where the heck is Sean
5. I already forgot what happened in Uninvited
Adelynne
WHAT?! No Sean??? Who is this Caden?? I swear, if Sean isn't in this, I'm not reading this.

Edit:
Well, it looks like I'm never gonna read this. (Why did she have to ruin a perfectly good romance???)
Bodea
Oct 01, 2014 marked it as to-read
Caden? Caden? Is that Sean spelled backwards and then sideways (lie to me)?
Anne Goldschrift
Najaaa, ich muss ehrlich zugegeben, dass ich schon ziemlich enttäuscht bin, was sie aus dem grandiosen ersten Teil gemacht hat :(
nick
Mar 14, 2014 marked it as abandoned-series

I'm shelving this as DNF but I haven't actually read it, but I have NO INTENTION of reading Unleashed.

(view spoiler)
Charnell (Reviews from a Bookworm)

When I saw Caden in the blurb and not Sean.

I know quite a few people didn't enjoy book one in this series, Uninvited, but I absolutely loved it. Most people weren't happy that there wasn't an explanation provided about the HTS gene and how that is even supposed to work. But I'm the girl who enjoys superhero movies, if I was going to sit there and question the actual science behind them then I wouldn't enjoy them half as much. Sometimes you just have to enjoy the story for what it is, a piece
Jessica (Step Into Fiction)
Review originally posted at Step Into Fiction

Actual rating: 1.5 stars

If you have NOT read Uninvited please read with caution. There are some spoilers that were unavoidable. Proceed with caution . . .

Duologies are perfect for those who don’t like sticking with trilogies, or worse, series that are longer than three books. They’re also perfect for those who don’t like standalones. However; in this case, I might have preferred a standalone. This is coming from someone who is obsessed with Sean. Bri
whenlovespeaks
Auch Band 2 ließ sich sehr flüssig und angenehm lesen. Allerdings gibt es einige Dinge, die mich gestört haben, sodass ich letztendlich nur 3 ⭐ vergeben kann.
Zum einen hat mich Davys Verhalten extrem gestört - unsicher, unfair, kindisch. Sie hat keine eigene Meinung, ist andauernd zickig und scheint den Glauben an sich und die Menschheit verloren zu haben. Das war in Band 1 noch anders und für mich unverständlich. Außerdem schien ihr dauernd schlecht zu sein. Für mich waren ihr Verhalten und ihr
Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd)
ACTUAL RATING: 2.5 Stars

MY THOUGHTS
I read the last book a year ago, but I remember really enjoying it. Sadly, I didn't like this book as much and, really, it didn't feel like it was even the same series.

Davy and her friends have escaped their horrible imprisonment and are making their way to a safe camp down in Mexico. Things go awry along the way, though, and Davy ends up getting separated from her friends. Dying, Davy is saved by a man and taken to a hidden rebel camp. There, she will have t
Carmen
Jul 08, 2014 marked it as to-read
ohmygod a love triangle why.
Olivia Beckham
Jul 22, 2014 marked it as to-read
Well, that summery killed my excitement
Aleshanee
Achtung! Spoiler zu Band 1!

Meine Meinung

Lange hab ich auf die Fortsetzung gewartet und ich war so gespannt, wie es mit Davy weitergeht. So ganz überzeugend fand ich den ersten Band ja nicht. Mit der Protagonistin bin ich nicht so recht warm geworden und stellenweise hatte es sich etwas gezogen - deshalb hatte ich jetzt viele Erwartungen in einen rasanten und spannenden Abschlussband.

Leider hat mir auch hier ein bisschen die Begeisterung gefehlt ...
Davy musste ja jemanden töten, um ihren Freund S
Meli
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ich fand es jetzt nicht grottenschlecht, aber ich hatte etwas ganz anderes erwartet. Es hatte einen ganz anderen Fokus ... mehr Liebesdrama als das wirklich ernste Thema aus Band 1
Ashley
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
Nicole Wang
Feb 25, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Find more reviews at

Contempt over a needless romance unleashed.
unleashedquote

I gave Uninvited five stars last year, but after a while I wasn't incredibly interested in the sequel for some strange reason. When I was sent a review copy, though, I picked it up because--well, I love the first book, so why not give the second a chance?
Yeah, maybe I shouldn't have really picked it up.
It's hard to introduce a new major player in a sequel and even more so when that new player turns out to be a love interest. It'
Imani
"her growing feelings for Caden"
EXCUSE ME PLOT SUMMARY, BUT WHO THE HECK IS CADEN AND WUT ABOUT SEAN?!
pdbkwm
Mar 06, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Imagine this, a sequel to the Uninvited a book that mixes the minority report and teen kind of dystopia. There, you’ll meet Davy, a girl who has it all but loses it due to a gene that she carries. A killer gene. People like her, known as hts carriers or carries for short, are potential killers. They face persecution for a gene that they have no control over and are constantly watching their backs for fear of going to jail or ending up in a worse place.

After a mall shooting, Davy is recruited to
★MC's Corner★
Jan 05, 2014 marked it as to-read
GIVE IT TO ME!!!
Lisa
Feb 20, 2014 rated it it was ok
I was afraid this would happen. The first book was so exciting and filled with new ideas. This book centered on a romance that was INSANELY back and forth, while the world building took a back seat. Like all the way back. What a bummer.
Nancy The book junkie
Jan 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Rating: 4.25/5

Review coming soon!
Iris
Jun 17, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
Steffi
Es ist nun schon einige Zeit her, dass ich den ersten Teil der Infernale Reihe gelesen, dennoch bin ich gut in die Geschichte reingekommen und hatte nicht das Gefühl, dass mir irgendwelche Infos fehlen.

Das zweite Buch knüpft nahtlos an das erste an und mit Davy und ihren Freunden auf der Flucht, hält das Buch jede Menge Action und Spannung parat.
Ich habe mich bei der Geschichte zwar nicht gelangweilt, aber ich hatte öfter das Gefühl, dass sich die Geschichte ein wenig im Kreis dreht und eigentli
Caitlin L
Mar 14, 2015 rated it liked it
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥
Jul 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
At A Glance

Genre:
Young Adult; Science Fiction
Love Triangle/Insta Love?: Slight Triangle.
Cliff Hanger: no.

In Dept

Best Part:
One of my top 10 favorite female MC's
Worst Part: Plot didn't make enough sense
Thoughts Had: holy crap!!!; Not him again!; You get 'em girl!

Conclusion

Continuing the Series:
n/a
Recommending: yes

Short Review: The only issue i had with
Phoebe
Ok, I know plenty of people have already mentioned it before but ...where the actual hell is Sean?

The thing about Uninvited was they were planning for a future, to escape with Gil and Sabine, then bam no mention of the love interest you have been lusting over from about the first chapter. And while I am all for new love interests, but not triangles, this series is great with just one guy and that guy is Sean.

So I swear if this book has a love triangle or if Sean dies, which I seriously hope wi
Tabetha
May 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
I think if you can get past the change in direction that Sophie Jordan takes in this sequel (yes, I became attached also--and yes, this was difficult!), then you can enjoy the intensity of Unleashed. It may not have as much straight action, but it is still exciting and has many thrilling moments. It was another quick read and very addictive--fun escape!
Sedef
Dec 29, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Also ich hab ja mit dem schlimmsten gerechnet nach so mancher Rezension 😅
Ich muss sagen, es ist tatsächlich ein ganz anderer Schwerpunkt und ganz andere Akteure als im ersten Band, was aber nicht unbedingt schlecht für mich ist . Hier ist eher eine überraschende Liebesgeschichte im Fokus und die Rebellion ist ziemlich in Hintergrund . Zum Glück stehe ich auf Liebesgeschichten😁
Es wären 4 Sterne geworden, aber das Ende war so dahingerotzt, dass es da einen Stern verloren hat . In nahezu 4 Seiten
Lisa
Apr 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-sterne
Meiner Meinung nach ein tolles Finale! Zwischenzeitlich hatte es eine Länge, die es nicht unbedingt gebraucht hätte und am Ende hätte ich mir gern noch eine weitere Aufklärung gewünscht, aber ansonsten hat es mir sehr gut gefallen.
  • Nikt (Nocarz, #3)
  • Willowgrove (Hemlock, #3)
  • Etherworld (Elusion, #2)
  • Forged (Taken, #3)
  • Танцы на снегу  (Геном, #1)
  • Rebellion (Extraction, #2)
  • Wiedźmin (Saga o Wiedźminie, #1-7)
  • The Wondrous and the Wicked (The Dispossessed, #3)
  • Crash (The Game, #3)
  • The Replaced (The Taking, #2)
  • Until the Beginning (After the End, #2)
  • Polaris (Avalon, #2)
  • The Prey (The Prey, #1)
  • Fugitive X (Revolution 19, #2)
  • The Isle (The Ward, #2)
  • Reborn (Altered, #3)
  • Unchanged (Unremembered, #3)
  • Unraveling 3 (Unraveling, #3)
Pseudonym:
Sharie Kohler

Sophie Jordan took her adolescent daydreaming one step further and penned her first historical romance in the back of her high school Spanish class. This passion led her to pursue a degree in English and History.

A brief stint in law school taught her that case law was not nearly as interesting as literature - teaching English seemed the natural recourse. After several years

Uninvited (2 books)
  • Uninvited (Uninvited, #1)
“Things happen. Things that you think you'll never get over. But you do. You move on. It gets better with time. You forget. Forgive. Whatever. Life goes on and you go on with it.” 7 likes
“Just because we are carriers doesn't mean that we have to live without conscience. The minute we forget that, the minute it's every man for himself... then all is lost. We've become the monsters they say we are.” 6 likes