Start by marking “Missing in Mudbug (Ghost-in-Law #5)” as Want to Read:
Missing in Mudbug (Ghost-in-Law #5)

Missing in Mudbug

(Ghost-in-Law #5)

From New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Jana DeLeon, a new release in the Ghost-in-Law series.

After an eventful first week on the job, Game Warden Jadyn St. James is happy the small bayou town of Mudbug, Louisiana, seems to have fallen back into its normal routine. But when FBI agent Raissa Bordeaux is kidnapped, Jadyn is certain the short-lived peace has
Published December 9th 2013 by Jana DeLeon

To ask other readers questions about Missing in Mudbug, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Missing in Mudbug

Start your review of Missing in Mudbug (Ghost-in-Law #5)
April
So, this book revisits many of our favorite characters from Mudbug. It is more cozy mystery than romance, I guess that is the new direction of the series. I kind of liked the romance/cozy theme, but I enjoyed this read as well.

The fat bashing is top a minimum, although two instances in this story still. I am not sure why we have to make such a big deal about Helena's size. It just isn't key to the story and makes you dislike the characters. I would rather this be an element that is dropped
Rhonda
Jul 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 STARS

I love this series. It is light, fun cozy mystery. The characters I love.

The ghost-in-law is Helen. She reminds me of lucy in I love Lucy. Always causing a mess of trouble that makes you laugh. She wears weird outfits, she can't always control. She can't control sometimes if she has mass or not always at the wrong moments. She is always stealing food.
Only a few women can see her. Helen used to be rich.

Jadyn St. James is the new game warden. She is Maryse's cousin. She has not been to
Kimberly
Jan 28, 2014 rated it it was ok
I've read the earlier books in this series and thought they were ok, but I just couldn't get past the flat lack of editing in this one. Story was ok, but seriously distracted by typos and grammatical errors and it just made me crazy. Could've been so much better.
Jeanie Jackson
Dec 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense
Epub edition. The best book yet.

Luc finds Zach in a comma, spent cartridges all around and Raisa is nowhere to be found! Jayden and Colt have to work around the FBI to try to find her fast; there is no doubt that she had been kidnapped and her life is in grave danger. Of course, Maryse has to get involved even with a threat from Luc's job hanging over her, she can not stand doing nothing.

I wonder if the next book will continue to focus on Jayden and Colt or if the danger to Maryse will be the
Anita
I love this series, even the cozy romance aspect. It has suspense, mystery and the relationship between Jadyn and Cole is taking its' time heating up. Maybe for the next book we will get more than steamy kisses. The series also has a ghost and a feel of the bayou that I find fascinating, not to mention characters that have appeared in all the books and who are like family to each other. I admire how Jana Deleon incorporates them in the stories without hitting you over the head with their ...more
Linda C
Jadyn and Colt continue as the main characters in book 5 of the Ghost-in-law series although the main characters in book 3, Raissa and Zach are the victims in this one and Maryse and Luc are also involved. Raissa is missing, presumed kidnapped and Zach is in a coma from an attach that occurs right outside Mudbug. Since they are FBI agents, the FBI tries to take over the case. Colt and Jadyn find a way to stay involved as the investigation involves the game preserve and several locals. They ...more
John S Roth
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another Amazing Story by Jana DeLeon!

A storyline with so many twists and turns, great characters, snarky humor and action what's not to love? While each book stands easily on its own merits, the series will hold the reader enthralled to the very end!
Page
Jun 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best "Ghost-in-Law" books. I liked the story line and especially the characters. Can't wait for next one to arrive. Awesome book, Jana!
Sharon
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
You've got to feel sorry for Jadyn St. James. She's trying to have a quieter second week on the job as Mudbug's game warden ... and an FBI agent (Raissa Bordeaux, from the third book in the series) is kidnapped. So, the FBI's in town, and cute sheriff Colt Bertrand is deep in the action as well.

And so, of course, is the ghost of Helena Henry.

The plot has more twists and turns than the bayous after a hurricane, and the "whodunnit" took me completely by surprise.

There's only one book left in the
Julie
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this series!

This such a fun cozy mystery series. The characters are intertwined from book to book even though each book settles mostly on one pair. Because there us so much connection between books, it really is helpful to read them in order. There is always a twist or two for each story & mystery which is what makes it fun. Helena & the antics that surround her are hilarious. I find myself laughing out loud frequently. Enjoy this sweet, southern series. Thanks, Jana!
Olivia
Dec 07, 2019 rated it liked it
It wasn’t terrible but it didn’t light my world on fire either.

I’m a little bit over the fat shaming too... just leave Helena’s weight out of this ok?

Also, is it actually possible for so many hot and beautiful people to be in a town of such a tiny population???

Any way, I’m interested to see how the story of Jaydn develops.

One other small whinge - what’s with the names??? “Jaydn” “Colt”???

Give me strength.
Sandra
Jan 11, 2019 rated it liked it
I just haven’t bonded with the folk of Mudbug like I have those of Sinful. And I find Helena obnoxious and annoying. I know she is meant to be but I really don’t think she adds to the story, especially at this stage. Also as Jayden had never met Raissa (indeed she had only just met Marise) the way she took the search so personally didn't ring true.
Debbie Nail
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love love love these books!

This is the most fun series... I enjoy the ghostly antics of Helen and all the funny comments everyone makes. I've laughed my way through every book...time to read book 6...
Janice
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am loving this series. I find myself laughing out loud at some of the antics of the characters. I am definitely going to follow them to the end...I have to know how they're doing. They're my friends in Mudbug, Louisiana!
Christina Cohn
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
The book was good. Some unexpected twists. But where was Sabine? She was one of Raissas best friends and it only mentioned her once in the beginning. All of the other books have been based around these characters and then all is a sudden one is missing with no explanation???
Angela
Nov 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Missing in Mudbug is incredibly written. There are lots of unsuspecting twists along the way. The story continues to follow Maryse's cousin Jayden. I am looking forward to see what happens in the next book.
Linda Still
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Helena keeps showing up.

Just another fun read from Jana. She never disappoints. I'm hooked to find out why Helena really got kicked out of heaven. The answer is in this episode of Mudbug.
Carol Lynn
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Please tell me there will be #7

Bless your English teacher for teaching objective and subjective pronouns. Really. I bite my tongue a lot with so many authors...or their proofreaders.. Thank you, Jana .

Really fun, reads. You really know your locale.
Mona
Loved it.
Tabby
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book!

Helena’s back and there’s more trouble in Mudbug! Love these kooky characters. I laughed throughout the whole book. Read the series in order so you don’t miss out!
Lisa
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jana-deleon
Helena (the misunderstood ghost) never fails to give me a chuckle...... but the characters annoyance of her is starting to get "annoying". Give her a cinnamon bun if she wants it......
Brenda
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Still enjoying this series! Wish there were more than one book left!
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable bedtime reading.

I enjoy these books. The ghost gives the story a little twist, but doesn't dive headfirst into the paranormal genre.
Rhonda Jones
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Same humor more suspense

This book had a great storyline. It was a little more suspenseful to me because one of the heroines was in real peril. But the story was handled with humor too as Helena never lets us down. Helena the Ghost is the real star.
Anita
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Swamp monsters

Good story and will keep you turning the pages. Helena is up to more antics, as usual, and loving her some more pie.
Mary
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
More like chaos In Mudbug

Between Raissa missing, car thefts, diamonds and add Helena in the mix total mayhem exists in Mudbug, great storyline. Would recommend.
Demei
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved!
Theresa Hurley
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great one with Helena! Great story!
Isabella
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book

Can’t stop reading This book, as it was with the rest of this series. Funny, exciting, it’s a mystery& love story all in one. Always enjoy Jana’s books
Steven
Apr 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great series

This wasn't my favorite of the series but I still enjoyed it and all the characters. Easy light reading and full of mystery, suspense and humor.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Rose and Helena Save Christmas (Rose Gardner Mystery, #6.4, Ghost-in-Law, #6.5)
  • Mutiny on the Bayou (Miss Fortune)
  • Nearly Departed (Miss Fortune; Nearly Sinful #1)
  • Leaving Sinful (Miss Fortune)
  • Undercover (Miss Fortune Series Kindle Worlds; Sinful Past Book 1)
  • Nearly Beloved (Miss Fortune; Nearly Sinful #2)
  • Fortune and Glory (Miss Fortune World Book 2)
  • Overdue (Miss Fortune; Overdue #1)
  • Happy Birthday, Marge (Miss Fortune; Sinful Spirits #1)
  • Murder on the Sinful Express (Miss Fortune Series Kindle Worlds)
  • Soul Man (The Miss Fortune Series Kindle Worlds Novella; Sinful Spirits Book 2)
  • Fortune and Pride (Miss Fortune World Book 3)
  • Rematch (Miss Fortune; Overdue #2)
  • Sinful Alibi (Miss Fortune World: Sinful Past Book 2)
  • Sinful Pursuit (The Miss Fortune World & The Cappuccino Posse Book 4)
  • Fortune and Fame (Miss Fortune World Book 1)
  • Bayou Valentine (Miss Fortune)
  • The Fish Bomb Caper (Miss Fortune World)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Jana DeLeon was raised in southwest Louisiana among the bayous and gators. Her hometown is Carlyss, but you probably won't find it on a map. Her family owned a camp located on a bayou just off the Gulf of Mexico that you could only get there by boat. The most important feature was the rope hammock hanging in the shade on a huge deck that stretched ...more

Ghost-in-Law (6 books)
  • Trouble in Mudbug (Ghost-in-Law, #1)
  • Mischief in Mudbug (Ghost-in-Law, #2)
  • Showdown in Mudbug (Ghost-in-Law, #3)
  • Resurrection in Mudbug (Ghost-in-Law #4)
  • Chaos in Mudbug (Ghost-in-Law #6)