Start by marking “Accelerated Learning” as Want to Read:
Accelerated Learning

Accelerated Learning

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  134 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
A revolutionary new time-saving method to learn practically everything--from a new language to creativity--by using relaxation, visualization, the right and left sides of the brain, and the conscious and unconscious mind.
Published December 1st 1985 by Accelerated Learning Systems, Limited

To ask other readers questions about Accelerated Learning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Accelerated Learning

Linnea
Jun 18, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mange gode ideer til hvordan man kan optimere sin indlæring og hukommelse samt god baggrundsviden til hvorfor disse teknikker virker. Den er dog næsten 20 år gammel og nogle af teorierne er derfor lidt forældede.
God bog til studerende og folk som interesserer sig for uddannelsessystemet
Januario
Jun 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 11th-grade
Forgetting is inevitably a daily occurrence -- or so we thought. This book argues that the human brain's limits come not from the deterioration of one's body at the coming of old age, but rather because there are not enough connections in one's mind to recall stored information. Essentially, the author sought to educate her readers of how to how to use skills such as imagination and visualization to retain information as long as possible. Suppose we did not have reference tables to remember a p ...more
Carrol
Feb 20, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This a reference book, referring to other references. There are mentions of interesting tests and mind studies, but nothing life-changing. The last half of the book acts as a sales gimmick trying to convince you to attend an Accelerated Learning class.
Tomas Jay
Jun 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Dawn
Mar 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wish I had read it before I went to Medical school. I have already applied most of the techniques found in this book simply because it works and not because school taught me how. I wish I knew all of those techniques before although I was still able to pick up some new ones... thanks to this book. This should be read by everyone in the academe and most importantly, be applied for the benefit of the students found in all of us and the people we love.
Vivacious
Mar 18, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: learning-theory
This book contains much of the research used for Accelerated Learning for the 21st century. I liked it. It also shows where some of the research and thoughts are coming from for the PHOTOREADING system.
Andi
Mar 31, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ayah saya memberikan buku ini saat saya masih SMA. Buku ini lebih cocok untuk mahasiswa pedagogi. Isinya luar biasa banyak jargon pendidikan modern. Bagus dan pesan yg diberikan kurang lebih mengelaborasi usulan Paideia nya Mortimer J. Adler.
Vivacious
Mar 18, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: learning-theory
This was probably my favorite book on Brain-based learning that used what it teaches to teach. I like their discoveries and stories about applying these tactics to learning new languages, 300 words or more a day.
Creatingadream
Jul 06, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book for learning how to learn more efficiently.
Vriske
Oct 11, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
terlepas dari konten, di versi yang saya baca, buku ini ga ada huruf 'z' nya -_-
  • Photoreading
  • Brain-Based Learning: The New Science of Teaching & Training
  • Time Tactics of Very Successful People
  • How to Start Your Own Country
  • Building Powerful Community Organizations: A Personal Guide to Creating Groups that Can Solve Problems and Change the World
  • The New York Public Library Science Desk Reference
  • The Complete Dictionary of Symbols
  • Six Degrees: The Science of a Connected Age
  • The Evelyn Wood Seven-Day Speed Reading and Learning Program
  • Marva Collins' Way
  • Power Sleep: The Revolutionary Program That Prepares Your Mind for Peak Performance
  • The Accelerated Learning Handbook: A Creative Guide to Designing and Delivering Faster, More Effective Training Programs
  • Upgrade Your Life: The Lifehacker Guide to Working Smarter, Faster, Better