Start by marking “Wicked After Midnight (Blud, #3)” as Want to Read:
Wicked After Midnight (Blud, #3)

Wicked After Midnight

(Blud #3)

A contortionist and a rakish brigand navigate the cabarets of Paris to rescue a girl taken by slavers in the third steampunk-tinged romance of the Blud series.

Life as a contortionist in Criminy’s Clockwork Caravan should be the height of exotic adventure, but for Demi Ward, it’s total dullsville. Until her best friend, Cherie, is stolen by slavers outside of Paris, and D
Published January 28th 2014 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about Wicked After Midnight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wicked After Midnight

Start your review of Wicked After Midnight (Blud, #3)
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
I'm always hesitant to start one of these books and then I'm always amazed at how much I end up enjoying it! The major problem is that no one and I mean no one can measure up to Criminy even though they do come close...there's just something about him.

But this is Demi's story, the girl who Criminy took under his wing. She's restless and he has begrudgingly agreed to let her and her friend travel. Unfortunately, things take a turn for the worse.

description

We've known Demi since the beginning and it was great seeing he
Shelley
*Genre* Steampunk Romance
*Rating* 3.5

*My Thoughts*

The author has announced that Wicked After Midnight will be the last Blud series story. The series ends with a character that Dawson touched briefly on in The Damsel and the Daggerman in Bludman/Contortionist Demi Ward. After partying too hard, Demi ended up in a coma, and was later transported to Sang where she was dying until Criminy Stain Bludded her, and saved her life. Demi has now been stuck in Sangland for the
Angelc
Feb 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: already-own-read
This book was really enjoyable and also unique. I think I am starving for these paranormal historical romance books, with a dash of steampunk. I can't get enough of them, and there are so few to pick from. If you haven't read this type of book before, this would be great for something new and different.

I read the first book in this series, "Wicked as They Come," and while I enjoyed it, I didn't care for all the time/world hopping that the heroine did. This time around, I was much hap
Robin (Bridge Four)
May 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sexy
3.5 Stars

I absolutely love the steampunk world that Dawson has created in the Blud series. This is not your normal vampire book, this is about Bludmen, do not be confused. There are no mesmerizing looks, sparkly skin in the sun or any other completely trite tropes that annoy me with other books that include vampires. No, Bludman are bad ass, sure they drink blood but that is where it all ends, they can be made or born. Blud is a world of magic and machinery, Moulin Rouge and the Wild
Michelle Cummings
Jan 14, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: steampunk
I am really quite torn with this review. I really like the world of these three novels that the author has created, but I did not care for the main character of this story one bit. Demi was in college, went on a drunken binge and ended up in a coma, hence her arrival in Sang. She was apparently found close to death by Criminy Stain, and turned into a Bludman. Her 6 years in Sang, have not apparently enabled her to grow up at all, and all she wants to do is be famous. She ends up in Paris, dancin ...more
Kimberly
Jul 23, 2018 marked it as to-read
7/23/18 - $1.99 on Kindle
Deniz
I got a bit of a dilemma here....I've had huge issues rating this. I would honestly like to say, this is just absolutely fabulous and that I'm totally smitten. But well I am not.
Well, this is good. Don't misunderstand me. But it's NOT wow! I am totally smitten and this is fabulous like the previous two were. Two reasons:
I had huge expectations, because let's face it Dawson has never disappointed including this time;
and I really really didn't like Demi.

Because I loved the
Lexie
Feb 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-owned-read
Oh me oh my. Darling readers its no secret how much I love Dawson's Blud books. I like seriously do. Dark, sensual, exciting and tempting each new story leaves me quite desperate to know more. Criminy owns my heart--like Tish I can't resist his...allure and charming madness, but I think Vale may be second in line.

This book takes us to Franchia (France) and more specifically to Paris...or at least the Blud World version of such. Demi convinces Criminy to let her and Cherie run off to find adve
Karissa
Jan 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This is the third novel in Dawson’s Blud series. There are four books in the Blud series, the fourth book is titled Wicked Ever After and released in October 2015. This was a fun steampunk romance read. I enjoyed this more than the 2nd book in the series but not as much as the first.

Demi Ward is sick of her position as a contortionist in Criminy’s circus. She wants to venture out into the world and is especially drawn to the cabarets of Paris. Criminy finally agrees to let Demi and h
Laura *Little Read Riding Hood*
What can I say other than I am super sad to see this series come to an end. I've loved every minute I've spent in Sang, from the first confusing minute with Tish meeting Criminey, to traveling the world with Casper, to bringing it all to a close with Demi in Paris. *takes a moment of silence to mourn the loss of an amazing world*

Demi and her best friend Cherie encounter some trouble on their way to Paris and Cherie gets taken. Demi's only hope to find her is to trust Vale, and to go
K.K.
Dec 23, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Margaret
Jan 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-won
After six years in Criminy's Clockwork Caravan, American-college-student-turned-vampire-contortionist Demi Ward longs for the glamour of Paris's cabarets. She just has to convince her best friend Cherie to leave the safety of the caravan and join her. As a compromise, the girls agree to travel to Ruin, Franchia (their version of France) and attend the university. Demi and Cherie set off on the road to Ruin with their daimon guardian, whom Demi plans to ditch as soon as possible so they can head ...more
Rachel Brand
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
More like a 4.5. I enjoyed this a lot more than the second book in the series (the heroine was a lot more likeable, the hero was less alpha and problematic), but not quite as much as the first.
Stephanie
Jan 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This post originally appears at http://www.fangswandsandfairydust.com...
I offer new content everyday.

WICKED AFTER MIDNIGHT is Oh La La!

Disclosure: Provided by Publisher for review purposes. No remuneration was exchanged and all opinions expressed herein are my own unless otherwise noted.
I do know the author and am acknowledged in the author’s notes for the book for some beta reading I did. This does not affect my opinion, really.

The only word needed to describe WICKED AFTER MIDNIGHT, Delilah S. Dawson’s
/>WICKED
Melanie Marsh
Dec 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

There aren’t enough stars for this one! I think it may be my favorite so far. Wicked After Midnight is a tantalizing view into the hidden world behind the curtain of the cabaret. Delilah S. Dawson has an amazing ability to create different worlds within her world of Sang. Each adventure is completely unique and as amazing as the last. Every story Dawson has written that takes place in Sang takes the reader on a journey through her world that seems almost, but not quite familiar.

In Wicked Afte
Marlene
Aug 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally published at The Book Pushers

There is something incredibly captivating about Delilah S. Dawson’s alternate world of Sang. I eagerly lap up each new installment as it is released, and Wicked After Midnight was no exception.

Sang certainly casts a spell. Part of what makes it so fascinating is that it is accessible from our world, but only if you are stupid or unlucky. Sang is the place where dreamers and coma-victims often come to a quick and sticky end. Those who survive
Jax
Sep 09, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: steampunk, pnr
I love the world Dawson created! And overall, W.A.M was okay, but it definitely fell far from Wicked As The Come!

There were a few too many small discrepancies which bugged me throughout, plot points that seemed contrived, and of course the dreaded predictability - also I found I had zero sympathy for the protagonist - who, for me, came across as a spoiled, self-centered brat.

Which is why I cannot bring myself to give the book more than 3 stars.

Demi is bored, s
Cheryl
Jan 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Before Demi met Criminy, she was just a normal "human" college student. That all changed six years ago. Criminy to save Demi's life, turned her into a blud. Demi has grown bored as a performer in Criminy's Clockwork Caravan. Criminy agrees to let Demi leave the caravan along with her friend, Cherie. Things don't go as planned when Cherie is kidnapped. Demi is lost in a new world and her friend has gone missing. There is one bright spot in Demi's world. His name is Vale Hildebrand. Vale agrees to ...more
Sandy
Jan 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought that the heroine of this book was the most infuriatingly, selfish, individual on the planet. That being said, the book is great. I really liked the story and each book in this world is rather clever in its presentation. I liked the newest group of characters, but similar to the 1st book, I would have liked a little more texture to our hero. I really liked Vale, and yearned to see more facets of him, and just a tad less of our self absorbed heroine. As before, I think this is just nuanc ...more
Ming
Dec 02, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wish I could give this a better rating but Demi was just a PITA w/o much else going for her. Didn't like her, didn't find her interesting, she was a whiny bitch basically.
Katter
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: steampunk
I was pretty excited to start this book as I am a fan of the Blud series. I got up early in the morning to get in extra reading time and my initial reaction was puzzlement. So the set up is that the contortionist from Criminy's caravan, Demi, is bored with what she does and wants adventure. She has her heart set on being a star so she wants to go to Franchia to be a cabaret dancer.

Now for some reason Demi can't seem to get it into her head just how nasty the world of Sang can be and how nice sh
Katarina  Honeycutt
This was by far not the best book of the series. I found the story to be great but I just couldn't stand the main character. She is by far the weakest of the women of these books. She's immature and naive. She's suppose to be 20 something but behaves like a teenager. Thankfully, the side characters in this book are strong, so it made up for the annoying main character. I also enjoyed the ending to the series. If it wasn't for the main character I would have given this book more stars.
Marishka
Safety - (view spoiler)
Carol Siniscalchi
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Could this series go on forever, please?

I absolutely love the worldbuilding in this series! Also love how the heroines are self-sufficient women that have a life and interests that move the story along besides the romance. I couldn't recommend it more!
FV Angela
Review originally posted at http://fictionvixen.com/review-wicked...

Wicked After Midnight just proves that you never quite know what you’re going to get when you open another installment in the Blud series and journey back into the world of Sang. So far we’ve been introduced to Criminy Stain’s caravan and met his carnivalleos, traveled long distances on land and aboard airships to get a princess back home and now Ms. Dawson introduces her readers to her version of France and the Moulin Rouge.

Demi Ward is bored wit
Victoria
Aug 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Joint review with Karina:

***
Karina:
I don't know about you, Vika, but what attracted me the most to this book was it's Moulin-Rouge, bright burlesque atmosphere. This is why reading it was such sheer pleasure.

The difference between Moilin Rouge and this book is that Demi is not a helpless female and no-one's victim. When she comes to Paris, she has two goals: to become a star and to find her kidnapped best friend, Cherie; and her Bludman status is a huge advantage and a great weapon against those who/>:
Kara-karina
Apr 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Joint review with Victoria

Karina:

Jessica (a GREAT read)
Delilah S. Dawon's Wicked After Midnight is, sadly, the last novel of the Blud series. Unless something changes to fix that! I've enjoyed the Land of Sang very much. It's a unique world and yet, it's not too different from ours, except for the bludbunnies of course!

Demi, is a Blud or vampire as we know them. She was once human but it was Criminy who turned her and introduced her to Land of Sang. But soon Demi grows tired of the caravan life and wants to leave. So she decides to leave
Cassandra Page
Wicked After Midnight is the third and final book in the Blud series, a set of three steampunk fantasy romance novels set in the same world but with each following a different pair of main characters. You could pick up any of the three and read it without having read the other two, and you'd be fine.

I love this series. Love love love. The world, a sort of medieval parallel to modern day Earth, is rich and dark and has clockworks and magic in equal measure. Plus Dawson's love interest
Under the Covers Book Blog

Sometimes, a reader just needs to trust an author.  I was a little upset when I found out this wasn't a Criminy book, but I was excited to go back to Sang and seemed like a glimpse of caravan life again.  I shouldn't have worried.  If there is one thing I know with certainty right before I crack open a Blud book, is that it'll take me on a wild ride, stimulate my imagination and make me want to transport into Sang myself.  WICKED AFTER MIDNIGHT delivers that and more!

Demi is not the conventional heroin

« previous 1 3 next »

• Becoming the Dark Prince (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #3.5)
  • Sea Witch Rising (Sea Witch, #2)
  • Alphas and Airships (Steampunk Red Riding Hood #2)
  • Wolves and Daggers (Steampunk Red Riding Hood #1)
  • The Miseducation of Henry Cane
  • Deadly Class, Book One: Noise Noise Noise (Deadly Class Deluxe Edition, #1)
  • Peppermint and Pentacles (Steampunk Red Riding Hood #3)
  • Bitches and Brawlers (Steampunk Red Riding Hood #4)
  • Howls and Hallows: A Steampunk Fairy Tale (Steampunk Red Riding Hood, #5)
  • My Life with the Walter Boys (My Life with the Walter Boys #1)
  • Lycans and Legends: A Steampunk Fairy Tale (Steampunk Red Riding Hood, #6)
  • Golden Braids and Dragon Blades: Steampunk Rapunzel (Steampunk Fairy Tales Book 4)
  • Beauty and Beastly (Steampunk Fairy Tales: Beauty and the Beast, #1)
  • Ice and Embers (Steampunk Fairy Tales: The Snow Queen, #1)
  • Curiouser and Curiouser (Steampunk Fairy Tales: Alice in Wonderland, #1)
  • Dirty Deeds and Bloody Knaves (Steampunk Fairy Tales: Alice in Wonderland, #1.5)
  • I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream Because Puns Suck: A Pearls Before Swine Collection
  • Chasing the Green Fairy (The Airship Racing Chronicles, #2)
Delilah S. Dawson writes whimsical and dark Fantasy for adults and teens. Her Blud series for Pocket includes Wicked as They Come, Wicked After Midnight, and Wicked as She Wants, winner of the RT Book Reviews Steampunk Book of the Year and May Seal of Excellence for 2013. Her YA debut, Servants of the Storm, is a Southern Gothic Horror set in Savannah, GA, and HIT is about teen assassins in a bank ...more

Blud (4 books)
  • Wicked as They Come (Blud, #1)
  • Wicked as She Wants (Blud, #2)
  • Wicked Ever After (Blud, #4)