Start by marking “Water Storage: Tanks, Cisterns, Aquifers, and Ponds for Domestic Supply, Fire and Emergency Use--Includes How to Make Ferrocement Water Tanks” as Want to Read:

A do-it-yourself guide to designing, building, and maintaining water tanks, cisterns and ponds, and sustainably managing groundwater storage. It will help you with your independent water system, fire protection, and disaster preparedness, at low cost and using principles of ecological design. Includes building instructions for several styles of ferro cement water tanks.
Published May 30th 2005 by Oasis Design

To ask other readers questions about Water Storage, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Jennifer Linsky
Dec 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Gave me many things to think about in regards my own water system. Thank you, Mr. Ludwig.
Christine Kenney
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Astonishing amount of practical, comprehensive content packed into 125 pages.

The two most striking strengths of this book were:
1. Ludwig uses his experiences remedying poorly designed tanks to help readers avoid similar mistakes designing their new systems
2. There is balanced coverage of convenient systems common in industrialized parts of the world and lower tech time-tested systems in use in less wealthy parts of the world to give designers a broader range of possibilities in terms of cost
Amy
May 11, 2009 rated it it was ok
Are you surprised that this book is boring?
Gabrielle W.
Jan 15, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: country-living
It was an okay book, but I was expecting something that would appeal to a broader audience (the cover to me looks like the books for DIY'ers. But (as another reviewer said) I was disappointed that it focused so heavily on dry desert regions. And with the bright cover, I was surprised that the inside was black and white...It was kind of technical and though it had a tid-bit here and there that I liked, I feel like there has to be better books out there that covers water storage.
Carolyn McBride
Mar 07, 2012 rated it it was ok
It was an okay book, but i was expecting something that would appeal to a broader audience. I did come away with a couple of good nuggets of info, but I was disappointed that it focused so heavily on California and Mexico. Again, it could have had a broader focus and less technical lingo. If the author had written it to be useful by more of us without engineering degrees, it might have been more helpful.
Anna
Sep 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I can't decide whether to give Water Storage four or five stars. It's excellent, but doesn't cover any form of storage other than tanks in any depth.
Clivemichael
Excellent manual, well written clear descriptions.
Kathely
Aug 30, 2012 rated it it was ok
Good information, but BORING!
Mrs.
Jul 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Good intro book but not comprehensive, so you will have to supplement with info from other sources.
Cheryl Devine
Nov 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Great book. I will be building my own water storage tank using the information found in this book. Also I will probably purchase a tank based on the helpful information in this book
Rob Shurmer
Feb 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
Can't say I liked this book as literature, but rather for the information it provides.
Stephen
Jul 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book on how to build water storage devices. I was very pleased with it.
Mcstatham
Jan 15, 2017
RU~©®a\|/f0®¿
Mar 25, 2018
Carla Henley
rated it did not like it
Nov 27, 2016
Mar 01, 2012
Johnny Brooks
Mar 01, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Rainwater Harvesting For Drylands and Beyond, Volume 2: Water-Harvesting Earthworks
  • The $50 and Up Underground House Book
  • Edible Forest Gardens: 2 Volume Set
  • The Renewable Energy Handbook: A Guide to Rural Independence, Off-Grid and Sustainable Living
  • The Hand-Sculpted House: A Philosophical and Practical Guide to Building a Cob Cottage: A Practical Guide to Building a Cob Cottage (The Real Goods Solar Living Book): 10
  • The Humanure Handbook: A Guide to Composting Human Manure
  • Build Your Own Earth Oven: A Low-Cost Wood-Fired Mud Oven, Simple Sourdough Bread, Perfect Loaves
  • Identifying and Harvesting Edible and Medicinal Plants
  • The Solar House: Passive Solar Heating and Cooling
  • The Profitable Hobby Farm, How to Build a Sustainable Local Foods Business
  • Building Green: A Complete How-To Guide to Alternative Building Methods Earth Plaster * Straw Bale * Cordwood * Cob * Living Roofs
  • Root Cellaring: Natural Cold Storage of Fruits  Vegetables
  • Creating a Life Together: Practical Tools to Grow Ecovillages and Intentional Communities
  • Self Sufficiency for the 21st Century
  • Preserving Food without Freezing or Canning: Traditional Techniques Using Salt, Oil, Sugar, Alcohol, Drying, Cold Storage, and Lactic Fermentation
  • Barnyard in Your Backyard: A Beginner's Guide to Raising Chickens, Ducks, Geese, Rabbits, Goats, Sheep, and Cows
  • Small Scale Grain Raising: An Organic Guide to Growing, Processing, and Using Nutritious Whole Grains, for Home Gardeners and Local Farmers
Art Ludwig is an ecological systems designer with 35 years full-time experience in water, wastewater systems, energy, shelter and human powered transport. His specialty is complex, integrated "systems of systems." Art has studied and worked in 27 different countries, attaining fluency in 5 languages. He has consulted for the states of New York, California, and New Mexico on water reuse policy and ...more