Start by marking “A Dash of Magic” as Want to Read:
A Dash of Magic

A Dash of Magic

(The Bliss Bakery #2)

Rosemary Bliss will do anything to get back her family's magical Cookery Booke.

That's why she challenges Aunt Lily to an international baking competition in Paris: If Rose wins, Lily agrees to return the cookery Booke that she stole. If Rose loses...well, the consequences are too ugly to think about.

But Lily isn't playing fair--she's using a magical ingredient to cheat.
Published January 7th 2014 by Katherine Tegen Books (first published 2012)

To ask other readers questions about A Dash of Magic, please sign up.
Rubaina I liked that book better personally. But it really depends on what you like.

Start your review of A Dash of Magic
Jenny (knasentjej)
It was exciting, thrilling and heartwarming. I love the Bliss family.
Bookworm1858
Dec 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great sequel!

Source: Received an ARC from Jen Ryland/YA Romantics (thanks so much!)

Spoilers for book one as I'll recap it

My review of book one Bliss found me liking it but not loving it the way I wanted to; some of the elements were too cringe worthy and predictable to me. But I still liked the world and the concept so I was pleased to return. In the end, I liked this book a lot more and I am so glad to have had the chance to read it.

To recap, the end of Bliss featured Aunt Lily getting her
Mary
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the story just as I loved the first one. It is a young adult story, but I read it because I am always on the lookout for books I can recommend to my granddaughter who loves to read as much as I do. She has started to read the Harry Potter Series since Christmas since I have all 7 of the books. I love to see her reading them. She has been on the Honor Roll Since she started at school and I love that she is so smart!

Rosemary Bliss is a twelve year old girl who needs to get her family
Jaime
Dec 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I received this proof read-copy book from first-reads on goodreads. I actually bought the first one in the series so I could read them in order. I thought the first one was just ok but this second one was so much better! This time the whole Bliss family is more involved. They go to Paris to enter a bake off competition to win back there magic cook book from the evil Aunt Lilly. So many more magical adventure's packed into this book where their off having to find extremely rare ingredients that ...more
Michael
I worked on this book, so my opinions are suspect. But for me, this one is even stronger than the first novel, Bliss, and just wildly funny. I am very proud of these books. They're a damn good time.
Wendi Lee
I really enjoyed the first book in this trilogy, Bliss, but this one was too over-the-top with the introduction of talking animals and famous ghosts. I preferred the simplicity of baking with a pinch of magic and small town wonder, as it was in Bliss.

As it is, I’m not sure I’ll continue with the third book.
Faith M:)
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was very good! It made me laugh! There was one part with an inappropriate joke, but other than that, this book was funny and sweet!
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
The Bliss Bakery series continues to be adorable and fun. The combination of food, silliness and bad jokes is pretty hard to resist, even if I have some minor quibbles with the series. Overall, I’m really enjoying them, and they make nice quick reads, even if they do give you an overwhelming desire to eat all the dessert you can find, and, in fact, I may need to treat myself to some ice cream when I finish writing this. Blogger life is hard, yo.

Read the full review at A Reader of Fictions.
Hillary
Jan 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rosemary Bliss and her family have really outdone themselves in this book of magic. The determination of all the characters in the cooking competition is quite intense and made me cheer for Rose. Rose and her family were very clever to find away to get the Booke back. I really enjoyed the Bliss trilogy because they Bliss family always find their way out of tight situation. The second novel was a very well written in a competitive and "miraculous" way that intrigued me to read more. I look ...more
Lrubin
Dec 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Deliciously delightful! I loved this book as much as, if not more than the last one! Every amazing character was as unique as the next, and I loved the plot. Not to mention how hilarious this book was! I literally laughed out loud multiple times. Buuuuuut, I did find a spelling mistake and a slight plot mistake (at the place Ty says he's going to stay with Leigh, but then he magically appears with Rose and Leigh is where?) but those were pretty minor.
I can't wait to read the next one!!!!!
Julian
This book was about Rosemarry bliss, Thyme and sage competing aganst their own aunt who had stole the Cookery Booke that has all their secret cooking recipes. But to get it back they have to find their long last grampa (with a talking cat) go to paris and make the best sweet to win the Cookery Booke back.

i would recommed this book to anyone who like magic and have a very big sweet tooth.
Anna
Nov 24, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
These books are always so cute! Sometimes I like reading books that always have a happy ending.
Dwiki Halla
Dec 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh, Rosemary, why? No more feel so shattered ok

Overall better than the first one
Tiffany Spencer
May 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Dash Of Magic
PLOT: After the events of the first book, Aunt Lily has indeed succeeded. She has her own show (Lily's 30-minute magic), & is a celebrity sensation. She now has the world eating out of the palm of her deceptively charming little hands. Rosemary suspects foul play and true enough it's the ingredients that have people singing her praises. So she goes on Lily's show and issues a public challenge to a cook-off. Knowing Lily won't back down, she tells her that if she gives her the
Natalie
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book!! It’s a great 2 book to the first one Bliss. In this one the Bliss children’s Aunt(Tia) Lily has the sacred Bliss Cookery Booke and has become super famous and has made her own recipes containing her magic ingredient. A magic powder that makes anyone who eats something with it fall in love with Lily and idolize her. Rose’s sister Leigh eats one of Lily’s treats and falls in love and idolizes Lily. Rose and her family want the book back but with Leigh under Lily’s magic it’s a ...more
Nyx Zero
Nov 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is good sequel book,
I somehow can feel related to the Rosemary who feels worried and guilty over the lost of the book. And this book clearly showing the Bliss family is always together for better and odds. (Even there's a certain quirks that i can't stand in Rosemary and Prudy personality.) The Indonesia language version translation is good to, i don't need to read it twice to understand whats going on and can show the character personality clearly.

Can wait to read the sequel of this book
Kimberly
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a pleasant ride! It was for sure better than the first book, according from my memory of it. I really like the aspect of a competition and the Bliss family having to find magical ingredients in different and unique areas in Paris. The only thing that annoys me is Rose and her constant excuse that it was always all her fault of what had happened in the first book, which is not really just hers...
Makenna stull
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Dash of magic ( The Bliss Bakery #2) by Kathryn littlewood. Rosemary Bliss and her family have a chance to get their family's magic cookbook back from Aunt Lily. In disguise, Rosemary and her brother Thyme sneak into a taping of Aunt Lily's cooking show and challenge her to a cookoff, winner takes the Booke. I’m really enjoying this series, and they make nice quick reads, even if they do give you an overwhelming desire to eat all the dessert you can find.
Evelyn Kuzminski
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really like this one, and I think it might be my favorite of all the Bliss Bakery books. I love Rose and her simple recipes, and I really love Purdy. You can guess I loved the first few pages. Nothing like some mother-daughter time! I've always wanted to go to Paris, and I enjoyed some of the funny back stories and events at some of my bucket list destinations (e.g. the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, etc.).
Yuri
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book continues from the first, Bliss (The Bliss Bakery #1). The story continued as the rose tried to catch her aunt who stole the Bliss Cookery Booke. They begin to attempt the cooking (cake/ pastry / etc.) competition. Rose tried to win the competition in order to get the Bliss Cookery Booke from her aunt, Lily.
In the end, they competed with each other to prove the world who the most talented cooker was.
Twyla
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lisa
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book it has very exciting events!

I gave this book five stars because of the good challenge with words ,but also because of the main event trying to get the book back.There are so many different ups and downs so I would highly suggest this read!
Stephen
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Much better than the first - I think that the author found her footing with this installment. Whereas the first book felt heavily grounded I thought that this one was just the right blend of the realistic and the fantastic. The daughter loved it, too, so on to the next volume!
Julia
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Belva Shelor
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great second installment to this series. Makes me want to go to Paris and eat exquisite food
Arli1872002
3'5, a funny and sweet middle-grade novel!
Akia Kira
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this story, we know about what kind of person Rose is. The cooking battle is really good and unpredictable.
Valia
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
it was even better than the first book <3
hanhilhen
A.. B.. S.. U.. R.. D
Charlotte Lupin
maybe 4.5
i loved on of my ‘childhood’ favourites
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Goodreads Librari...: series linking 5 20 May 17, 2017 10:17AM
Around the Year i...: A Dash of Magic, by Kathryn Littlewood 1 16 Jun 01, 2016 12:51PM

• The Whizz Pop Chocolate Shop
  • 99 Cahaya di Langit Eropa: Perjalanan Menapak Jejak Islam di Eropa
  • Scumble (Savvy, #2)
  • Dragon on Trial (Menagerie, #2)
  • Giselle
  • The Shrunken Head (The Curiosity House, #1)
  • A Wonderlandiful World (Ever After High, #3)
  • The Book of Forbidden Feelings
  • Autumn in Paris
  • The Curse of the Chocolate Phoenix
  • The Screaming Statue (The Curiosity House, #2)
  • Disenchanted: The Trials of Cinderella (Tyme, #2)
  • De Duistere School
  • The Candymakers and the Great Chocolate Chase (The Candymakers, #2)
  • Secret Origins (Story Thieves #3)
  • The Stolen Chapters (Story Thieves, #2)
  • The Dead Returns
  • Winter in Tokyo
Kathryn Littlewood is a writer, actress, comedienne, and bon vivant who lives in New York City, works often in Los Angeles, and has a sweet tooth for pain au chocolat and sweet novels for middle-grade readers. This, her second novel, is a sequel to her first, Bliss.

The Bliss Bakery (8 books)
  • Bliss (The Bliss Bakery, #1)
  • Bite-Sized Magic (The Bliss Bakery, #3)
  • Die Glücksbäckerei: Die magische Verwandlung (The Bliss Bakery, #4)
  • Die magische Rettung (Die Glücksbäckerei, #5)
  • Die Glücksbäckerei - Die magische Zeit (The Bliss Bakery, #6)
  • Die Glücksbäckerei – Das magische Fest (Die Glücksbäckerei, #7)
  • Die Glücksbäckerei: Die magische Schule (The Bliss Bakery, #8)
“Well, you ought to stick with it, even after you mess up-but sticking with it is a lot easier if you have a family who believes in you.” 8 likes